• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sorcerer's 11 Open

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
How hard are you trying to appear town?
It’s not bad advice, but I’d prefer you try not to buddy Mamboo. They read the rules, but were probably wondering what to talk about during the day, and not how to play. The last thing we need is giving a new player a biased perspective.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Not at all. Yet notice, that the pace of the game is slow right now, and I think that is important for Mamboo and others (that I don't know) may be a little green to Mafia. It's important to have that set out early because we have short day phases.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
we have short day phases.
Days are 120 hours, but I do get what you mean. I just thought you may have been trying to make Mamboo feel good about you so that you’d be exempt from being scumread by them. You feel? When I was new, I just assumed the people nice to me were town and the people who challenged me were scum. I know that you probably weren’t helping Mamboo with malicious intent, so take what I said as a reminder.

Dooplissity

BRoomer
BRoomer
Can I still join pls?
Edit: ignore this, I see you've reached your player limit
What Xivii says is correct - I'd love to have a replacement ready if someone dips for whatever reason. I have some people in mind already, but if they're not available, having more to reach out to would be nice.

Last edited:

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Put simply, what I said is non-alignment indicative. If I feel town needs to know something, I will state it as early as I can for y'all to read back on, and only if I find it important. I'll leave it at that.

osieorb18

Smash Ace
Not at all. Yet notice, that the pace of the game is slow right now, and I think that is important for Mamboo and others (that I don't know) may be a little green to Mafia. It's important to have that set out early because we have short day phases.
I chuckle at your
"'Cause we have short day phases"
since shorter's the norm.

MafiaScum and
MTGSalvation are
Unusual sites.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
I chuckle at your
"'Cause we have short day phases"
since shorter's the norm.

MafiaScum and
MTGSalvation are
Unusual sites.
Two days is short. 10 days is long. Five is a good amount I’d say.

Was doing some offsite investigation on you to try to get a sense of your meta. Is the MtG forums your home forum?

Taking advantage?
I presume you joined this game to play using only haikus, yes. While I don’t have a problem with it (as it’s a delightful change of pace), do you intend to continue the whole game with this posting restriction?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Ten days is average, 2 weeks is long, this is the shortest phase length I have been in, on Dgames. I have been on MU and other sites as well.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Why are you surprised, since they are an account made just yesterday.
She's a friend. You played with her once here I believe, under the account 'Ro Laren'. Game was Basic Mafia I think. Also pretty sure you've been in a game together elsewhere.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Today I woke up with a fever and I just spent the last 30 minutes vomiting my guts out :(

Apologies if I seem to dip activity wise.

osieorb18

Smash Ace
Two days is short. 10 days is long. Five is a good amount I’d say.

Was doing some offsite investigation on you to try to get a sense of your meta. Is the MtG forums your home forum?

I presume you joined this game to play using only haikus, yes. While I don’t have a problem with it (as it’s a delightful change of pace), do you intend to continue the whole game with this posting restriction?
Origin forum.
Mafia Colosseum
Is my home forum.

This quick presumption
Does not find accuracy
Haikus aren't purpose.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Osie, can you confirm what Xiivi said? Also, have we played else where? Also interesting that you mention Mafia Colosseum.

osieorb18

Smash Ace
She's a friend. You played with her once here I believe, under the account 'Ro Laren'. Game was Basic Mafia I think. Also pretty sure you've been in a game together elsewhere.
Is this post you made...
Concerning myself in this game?
I'm not Ro Laren.

funnier6

Smash Apprentice
Hi I exist sup I’m funnier nice to lynch you I mean meet you I’m probably not gonna dedicate much effort to this game k thx bye

Vote: Ex

Hey bae

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I see, you are in the Mafia Colosseum server. I'm just curious why you mention other sites when, I am part of many Mafia sites, but Mafia Scum is the only one with Ranmaru as my username.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Nix that, there may be another site with Ranmaru as my username as well. Plus I see you there too. That checks out.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Feels kinda forced to be honest. I get that it’s playing to the flavor of the game, but I mean...
Ironic, considering you're analyzing a joke vote. Did you really think I could read someone based off their profile pic?
It’s not bad advice, but I’d prefer you try not to buddy Mamboo. They read the rules, but were probably wondering what to talk about during the day, and not how to play. The last thing we need is giving a new player a biased perspective.
Why are you addressing Ranmaru instead of challenging me directly, seeing as I'm the one that explicitly asked for everyone to help Mamboo out. If anyone was to be buddying it would be me.

Additionally, there's absolutely nothing wrong with all of us playing as IC's for Mamboo. We can still vote/push him as any other player and inform him not to trust people just because they are being nice (Mamboo don't trust someone simply because they are being nice! You can take our advice as genuine, but you should still look at each player critically. Also if someone says something that is obviously a devious attempt to try and manipulate you, the others will call them out).

UtopianPoyzin UtopianPoyzin why are you being so aggressive? See:
If you do become a sub, you better play correctly and not botch the game for your faction like you did in Jungle Republic. You need to post at some level of seriousness.
How hard are you trying to appear town?

Also, why did you go invisible?

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Also not understanding the point of yall's day length discussion as if it has anything to do with the game and it's subjective anyway.

osieorb18

Smash Ace
Well then I stand corrected. How are you feeling about the game thus far?
Does not exist yet,
Much analysis material.
Normal for phase length.

Soft lean pings thus far
Do not inspire confidence.
I did not have reads.

Post One-Forty-Three
May include some TMI.
Does Xi slip Mamb Town?

Overly helpful,
Eager, and yet dismissive.
Let's try Vote: Xivii.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I might also ask...
The same question of you here.
Although there lies wine.
What was the point of posting this if your conclusion was that it was wine in the end?

Post One-Forty-Three
May include some TMI.
Does Xi slip Mamb Town?
What exactly comes across as TMI and how does it = Mamb Town?

Overly helpful,
Eager, and yet dismissive.
Let's try Vote: Xivii.
Why does each point give you a scum lean for Xiivi? Can you elaborate more about the dismissive point.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
Ironic, considering you're analyzing a joke vote. Did you really think I could read someone based off their profile pic?
Obviously not. I was talking about your phrasing.

Why are you addressing Ranmaru instead of challenging me directly, seeing as I'm the one that explicitly asked for everyone to help Mamboo out. If anyone was to be buddying it would be me.
Your original post was objective and informative. Ranmaru’s advice sounded like they were trying to be too nice, and I’d rather say something now than wait until Mamboo and Ranmaru get too close. But it’s more likely not an issue, which is why I’m dropping it as a reminder.

Regarding the being too nice, it’s best to be objective at all times. Being nice to someone makes them more inclined to believe they are town, regardless if earned against it or not.

Regarding your aggression posts, none of them really have any merit to this game. Post 2 is reactionary and aggression was not my intent, and Post 3 was not aggressive advice. Post 1 is not game related, but was still aggressive. I will admit that Post 2 could also be seen as aggressive.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
Post One-Forty-Three
May include some TMI.
Does Xi slip Mamb Town?
In Xivii’s defense, I also am reading Mamboo town. Their initial reaction to the start of the phase was to ask “what do I do”. A new scum player would ask this in their scumtalk with their buddy Werewolf, something that I can’t see Mamboo doing before making the same post in the main thread.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
Ok but why are you being aggressive in post 1 and why did you go invisible
I don’t really feel like answering these questions because neither of them have any bearing with this game.

I always play mafia invisible, but it might be cheap to ask if you’ve ever seen me not invisible during a game. I turned it on temporarily because I wanted somebody to see I was almost done fixing an article so that it could go up the same night. Not game related, and frankly this is a stretch to linger on.

osieorb18

Smash Ace
What was the point of posting this if your conclusion was that it was wine in the end?

What exactly comes across as TMI and how does it = Mamb Town?

Why does each point give you a scum lean for Xiivi? Can you elaborate more about the dismissive point.
Still legit question.
Response can still be helpful.
Depends on response.

Paranthetical's
What comes off as TMI.
Seems to be certain.

Xi's posting appears...
To try to control pace through...
Dismissing hunting.

Top Bottom