• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sorcerer's 11 Open

ExLight

Smash Lord
ya but he is town, so?
doesnt really matter
its literally confirmed by Osie's death
that both Xivii and Pythag are real
yea, but I want to hear some opinions coming from a trustworthy place :glare:
that's like saying an innocent child doesn't have to contribute to a game

funnier6

Smash Apprentice
Funnier: What are your reads right now.
I'm aware that Xiv and Pyth are town cleared by Poy's flip

I dont have anything but impressions rn that are going to stay that way until I finish rereading and start ISOing and collecting my feelings about each player

Like I know I know you want reads now but I dont got em now so do have some patience

Wiisp

Smash Lord
How is that the confirmation its an open setup and no one countered
and? what wolf claims the cop in an open setup?
and you think Osie was just a random kill instead of the wolves attacking the claimed cop, who osied blocked?
I refuse to believe that suboptimal play happened, and they just happened to hit the martyr

Wiisp

Smash Lord
If I was the wolf, I never let me partner choose to kill anyone but Xivii
unless I believe without a doubt he fake claimed

Wiisp

Smash Lord
sure its possible that Xivii isnt the cop, but like he is never a wolf here

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Town [Xiivi > Pythag > Kary > Raxxel > Ex > ZZ5 | Funnier > Wisp] Scum

Wiisp

Smash Lord
I mean he needs to re-evaluate me to?
because I aint a wolf either, but like I'm not invested in this game enough to play an active role
I was asked to join and then I got ripped apart

funnier6

Smash Apprentice
I like the term aggressive defense
It suits you tbh
Just so you know, a few games ago, Lore got modkilled for speaking during a night phase to yell at a mafia we had lynched and he was pissed at. Lore was town. This is one of the reasons why I don’t necessarily find his behavior particularly scummy.
....Does no one think maybe this person shouldn't be playing mafia?

ill go back to lolcatting so I don't get mad again
at least until I find something I am relatively ok with pushing
I came into a game, and my wim was immediately killed, so thanks
If you are a wolf, good job you did your job, if you are town, shame on you
I know this was a while back and this might not be an issue anymore but like
You're just gonna sit there and AtE all day? Over something dumb like that?
Like c'mon pick yourself up and get going, you're not dead yet and acting all woe is me instead of like trying to do literally anything towards solving the game isnt helping your case
Sorry if that's a bit harsh but I want to better understand your mindset here
ranmaru ranmaru

I guess I'm down for considering a CFD at this time. I still have my concerns here and there, but I'm thinking that either Pythag, funnier, or Kary would be where I would want to look for the time being.

Kary and funnier both kinda feel that they don't necessarily have their own reads, Kary more so than funnier.

Pythag had the earlier moments towards which I was concerned, and they have continued to sorta ride the fence for me on gutreads. I think that lynching this slot is the most interesting to me, though not necessarily the most strategically sound from, say, a "Lynch all players who fit into XYZ box" point of view or the like.
I know youre dead but to file something else under My Mafia Opinions:

I dont know if its a different definition thing but I definitely do not call anything a cfd that isnt less than an hour from the deadline

Also strongly disprove of them because its destroying everything the day has been building up to just because the cowards couldn't go through with it

It's a paranoid maneuver easily manipulated by scum and just blows up the entire days work in my experience

Obviously still talking about in the last hour of the day, not 30 plus hours before
Funnier - seems capable, when he's not getting into a side chat with Exlight.
I'd like to note that I am perfectly capable even when I'm in a side chat with Ex

Also your reads are very vague and I'd appreciate a lot more detail

Wiisp

Smash Lord
I can get reads on funnier, because his thoughts feel more like he just trying to look town, rather then actively scum hunt

Wiisp

Smash Lord
You're just gonna sit there and AtE all day? Over something dumb like that?
My relationship with Osie is a lot deeper than something you can evaluate in one game
I handled it exactly how he expected I would handle it, and he knows this
His read on my slot was bad, regardless of his alignment

funnier6

Smash Apprentice
and? what wolf claims the cop in an open setup?
and you think Osie was just a random kill instead of the wolves attacking the claimed cop, who osied blocked?
I refuse to believe that suboptimal play happened, and they just happened to hit the martyr
That's the entire point, the only way Xiv ever wasnt the seer is if he was a wolf and clearly since there was no counter claim he was not

We didnt need the night kill to confirm that

Wiisp

Smash Lord
That's the entire point, the only way Xiv ever wasnt the seer is if he was a wolf and clearly since there was no counter claim he was not

We didnt need the night kill to confirm that
no he is never a wolf after that claim, only a vanilla or maybe the vengeful
C

funnier6

Smash Apprentice
My relationship with Osie is a lot deeper than something you can evaluate in one game
I handled it exactly how he expected I would handle it, and he knows this
His read on my slot was bad, regardless of his alignment
I'm not seeing the relationship between this answer and my question

Why were you so focused on woe is me instead of solving

You're telling me Osie's read just made you that upset that you regretted this entire thing?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Funnier was stuck in catch up mode while voting for me as rvs, when rvs passed already. I think that was to seem like he was participating.

Wiisp

Smash Lord
I'm not seeing the relationship between this answer and my question

Why were you so focused on woe is me instead of solving

You're telling me Osie's read just made you that upset that you regretted this entire thing?
/shrug

you can just vote me now if you really want to continue this, I don't care about this game enough

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Wisp refused to vote UP for a weak reason. All I have for now without re-read.

Wiisp

Smash Lord
I mean from what I read he was quite townie, I never got the chance to check on his consistency, which was what his demise was
his early game was really strong

Wiisp

Smash Lord
I also wasn't looking at worlds where he was the lost wolf tbf
the trains didnt add up for him to be a wolf, which I was correct in that thought

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
What was your reasoning for reading up as Townie?

Wiisp

Smash Lord
I guess you could read my thoughts as TMI thinking he was town?
him being a lost wolf doesnt make me look any worse or better
nor should it for anyone

funnier6

Smash Apprentice
Kary comes into this game, and votes Utopian
if they have the balls to vote the top town read of almost everyone, who has the most posts if not the top poster of thread right now, then kudos to them
I'm pretty positive that he was not the top town read of most people at that time and dont really see where youre getting that from
Are you interested in this wagon because Pythag is your scummiest choice, or because a flip would be helpful to further solving the game? For me, it's the latter. While Pythag is definitely on the latter half of my town/scum reads, I'm more interested in doing this because his reads have differentiated from others so much so that a flip would give possibly some much needed context.
Why do you say that youre more interested in lynching him because his reads are different than because you scum read him?

I dont follow that logic, the non conformists tend to be town not scum, why would you purposely want to lynch there over whoever your most scum reading?

I dont follow

Wiisp

Smash Lord
In case you have forgotten, I was also there for Z25 and Lore. Why would you neglect these? To devalue my arguments?
I don’t really care about the gambit I made then anymore but the point is Kary can take it and it isn’t directed to you funnier6 funnier6 .
probably both unlikely to be wolves due to UP's response to both of them

funnier6 funnier6
I wasnt really focused on the Woe is me stuff, I was happy to replace in, and I was asked to by a certain someone, and then immediatly after I joined, this insane weight was put on my shoulders

and yes it did, since every game I ever played with Osie outside a very few, he has had scum reads on me day 1 because of my general attitude, and he continues to expect me to better myself, so I have to work even harder than anyone else to deserve a town read from him

Top Bottom