• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Sora Unlocks the Door! The Sora Social Thread

Sora's chances of getting in?

• Total voters

Alsorash

Smash Cadet
Oh wait, hang on:
This leak apparebtly existed since July with multiple screenshots saved in early August. So that must mean there's NO way this person knew about Nick All Stars to coincide the date at that point, as the project wasn't even announced.
I saw that Nickelodeon's first trailer was in July 13 but without date, do you remember when they announced the release date?

Alsorash

Smash Cadet
Okay, I made some research regarding the first discovery of Nickelodeon Brawl release date, Nintendo Life is the first site writing the article and it was found out in September 1st the "October 5" date, so yeah, the twitter guy made up his story. There's still hope!

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Honestly, if this Disney music leak is real, then the most realistic outcome I could see is a Sora Mii Costume that comes with a track, like with Sans, Cuphead and Shantae. Looking at it, I know it said rights to "several" tracks, but it never said anything about any number of those requests actually being accepted. I'd say a Sora Mii Swordfighter sounds like a good compromise.

Last edited:

7NATOR

Smash Master
The one thing the guy said is that he Didn't make the Real OG October 5th post, the one without the Disney Music story attached to it, or the September one either apparently

There was a problem fetching the tweet

If you read the conversation between the guy and Papagenos, you see him say that

JustAnotherHero

Smash Rookie
Yeah, he said something about his friends possibly making the post. It's pretty vague and he admits to having no proof. This is just gonna be one of those leaks we have to wait on. I don't put much stock in it, but regardless of what people say about 10/5 being an easy guess, it's impressive that the person guessed the date dead on 2 months in advance - even if he was basing it off of the NASB launch.

DuskFleur

Smash Apprentice
So which is it? Is he lying about making the 4chan post or not? I mean, regardless, the “leak” should still be taken with a grain of salt.

Ugh, my brain hurts right now (mostly because I’m trying to beat the Limit Cut bosses in KH3; “trying” being the operative word).

TriggerX

Smash Ace
Well I know people can be stupid, but why come out and say you work for Disney music?
I’m always skeptical of “leaks” like this because giving any indication of where you work may come back to you.
Not saying give up hope, Sora is definitely a viable character for the last dlc. There are many reasons to include him that benefit both Nintendo, square, and Disney. However I think this rumour is probably fake.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Well I know people can be stupid, but why come out and say you work for Disney music?
I’m always skeptical of “leaks” like this because giving any indication of where you work may come back to you.
Not saying give up hope, Sora is definitely a viable character for the last dlc. There are many reasons to include him that benefit both Nintendo, square, and Disney. However I think this rumour is probably fake.
im not really sure theres a character they wouldnt benefit from

KoopaSaki

Smash Ace
Okay so maybe that supposed 4chan leak is proven false most likely but.... I just want to say that after losing Geno, Isaac, and Shantae over the 3 years of speculation and hope, I will at least say that if Sora does make it 7 days from now, it would be the ultimate redemption for me. I still think Sora was at least considered during this dlc pass or even the previous one due to global demand and Sakurai having a good relationship with Nomura, not to mention Kingdom Hearts has been on almost every Nintendo handheld console so I won't lose hope. HMK believes and so will I until the very end. I guess you could say I am used to now after being burned 3 times in the past so what the heck. I will hope for Sora on that day.

DuskFleur

Smash Apprentice
If Sora's (hypothetical) reveal trailer involves Dharkon to some degree (such as him taking over the world until Sora swoops in to save everyone), they should put in these words...

"On that day, darkness prevailed and light expired."

Alsorash

Smash Cadet
I am kinda starting to believe that guy on Twitter. It was just a lucky shot, he felt the pressure after so many videos talking about him and he spit it out.
Anyway I have my hopes up for Sora, I think the last direct helped thanks to some Disney games coming to the switch. Fingers crossed guys, if it doesn't happen I'm sure Smash will end on a high note nonetheless.

DuskFleur

Smash Apprentice
Again, it’s very hard to tell who might be next. While I still hope for Sora, I notice that people are arguing that the last character won’t be super hype/WTF-reaction inducing, because “last Smash Bros character reveals are never like that”. But I seriously don’t understand that perspective because…

1. Smash 4 ended with Bayonetta. Disregard all the competitive play and tier placement nonsense and look at her from the perspective of an average fan at the time: While Snake proved that a rated M character is total feasible for Smash, he was “censored” with using crazy explosives instead of realistic guns. Bayonetta threw that out by keeping her guns intact, her seductive personality staying true to her series, and only mild censoring done on her stripping with her Wicked Weaves. Even advocates for her (myself included) were afraid she would be rejected on the grounds of her M Rated aspects, but there she was. A major WTF inducer, to be sure.

2. The base game “ended” with Incineroar, but after him in the same presentation came the first DLC. Piranha Plant’s reveal is one of the biggest WTF moments in Smash history, from almost any fan’s perspective. A common Mario enemy, nay, not even a popular one, not even an enemy that was playable in any spin-off titles, had become a playable character, that even incorporates elements from forgotten Piranha Plant enemy variations such as the Putrid Piranha of Paper Mario. The Plant is the shining truth on us all, that our expectations WILL be defied, and ANYONE can join the battle.

3. The last true reveal before the base game came out. Joker from Persona 5. Another huge WTF for everyone. He appeared on one Nintendo game that was exclusive to Japan at the time, and Persona games were almost always on the PlayStation only. We never saw it coming, indeed. People only say now that he was “obvious” because of Sakurai’s love for Persona and Joker’s subsequent appearances in other crossovers, but that’s only in hindsight. At the time, he was indeed a huge expectation slayer, the reminder to the Plant’s truth, and would pave the way for the other huge hype givers of the DLC crew.

4. Fighter Pass 1 ended with Byleth. I was hype for Byleth, and Japan wanted them too, but the vocal part of the Western fan base? Not so much. This is a double because of two reasons: One, they were and are still very popular in Japan, regardless of how much bile the West vomited (and still vomits) out. It was hype for them, and Smash is a Japanese game first and foremost, regardless of “exceptions” like Banjo and Ridley, who still had cult followings in Japan. Second, Byleth wasn’t even a “last” reveal; they announced the second Fighter Pass right after Terry got shown off, meaning everyone knew Byleth was not the end of Sakurai’s Wild Ride. People are just using Byleth as an excuse to be bitter and a party pooper, because they were supposedly a “non hype” reveal.

TLDR; the “the final reveal won’t be hype and it’ll just be some Pokémon or whatever” argument is bull. There’s being cynical, there’s being realistic, then there’s just being a jerk. These people are being jerks.

I’m not saying that Sora WILL be the final fighter, but if he is, he’d certainly fit the hype/WTF-inducer bill that the other “final” reveals did. No matter what those trolls on Twitter say.

JustAnotherHero

Smash Rookie
I am kinda starting to believe that guy on Twitter. It was just a lucky shot, he felt the pressure after so many videos talking about him and he spit it out.
Anyway I have my hopes up for Sora, I think the last direct helped thanks to some Disney games coming to the switch. Fingers crossed guys, if it doesn't happen I'm sure Smash will end on a high note nonetheless.
So, the Twitter guy's story makes things even more complicated. Because he said that he only posted the one time, HOWEVER, there was another post before his spouting the same date and character and another in September saying the reveal would be in September with no date specified. Many people assumed both of the posts were from the same guy, but now he's saying they weren't him. So is he lying about not posting multiple times, or is he telling the truth and somebody was really piggybacking?

Furthermore, even if he did lie in the first music post and one of his friends posted the second in September, who was that first post that nailed the exact date of the reveal? If we're to believe this guy, then we're working under the assumption that a second party that was neither him nor his friends(he claimed he told his friends after the fact) posted the exact same date and character. It's unlikely one person would be able to hit the exact date, but two in one day? Incredible.

Or is this guy just lying and he posted all of them and just wants us to think it was a one-off and that he's not looking for recognition? It's impossible to say but at least thickens the plot on this one.

If nothing else, I'm happy I can just have hope for Sora one more time before the end of DLC. I've wanted Sora in Smash since I first played KH back in 2002 and haven't been able to put the idea to bed completely yet. It's been fun seeing people discuss what costumes he would have, what his moveset would look like and what songs he would come with all over again. I'm still expecting Master Chief, Waluigi or a Pokemon rep, but the hope has been revived for just a little longer.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
are people still debating the legitimacy of that tweet after the guy who made it said it was fake?

Alsorash

Smash Cadet
so you’re saying there’s a chance this person is double bluffing?
It is possible that he's saying the truth, but yeah, if he is a liar it is impossible that the real guy writing on 4chan will claim it as fake, especially if he's a real insider. The only thing that we can do now is hoping and waiting.

It would be funny though if the Twitter guy was honest and Sora will get revealed too (best case scenario, it won't happen ehehe)

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
It is possible that he's saying the truth, but yeah, if he is a liar it is impossible that the real guy writing on 4chan will claim it as fake, especially if he's a real insider. The only thing that we can do now is hoping and waiting.

It would be funny though if the Twitter guy was honest and Sora will get revealed too (best case scenario, it won't happen ehehe)
i see

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Regardless of who the final fighter is, I feel so jittery about it. I need to find ways to relax.
I'm so excited to be free from this game, most of my time as a Switch owner has been spent entirely on this game, i'd like to actually put time on other games.

HyruleHero

Smash Journeyman

Remember to do your part in scaring Smash Twitter!
Feels like that would be a weird music list. Both Simple and Clean and Sanctuary but not Face my Fears or Chikai? And as one of the more reoccurring themes why not have Destati/Dive into the heart. I know its a fan list but might as well make it a good list.

KH music in smash is really just preference at the end of the day but I would really love to see Destiny Islands and Traverse Town as those themes where my childhood with this game (because as a kid I would just play around in those sections because I didn't understand how to progress).

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
I know people might have a riot if Sakurai tried to explain the story in the most civil way he can (I'd love to see it too), but I feel like out of respect for our time and his, Sakurai's just gonna explain the general gist of the series. Maybe something like

"KINGDOM HEARTS is an action RPG series where you explore multiple worlds based on Disney's mant films. Sora is one of the central characters of the main story; he starts out by being forced out of his ordinary life when his world is destoryed, and goes on to embark on several adventures throughout the universe. For Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, we primarily based Sora on his playstyle in KINGDOM HEARTS III."

Last edited:

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
I've shared my pie-in-the-sky Spirit Board before, but here's a more realistic one I thi I Sakurai would go with:
  1. Riku (★★★)
  2. Kairi (★★)
  3. Naminé (★)
  4. Lea (★★)
  5. Roxas (★★★)
  6. Xion (★)
  7. Aqua (★★★)
  8. Terra (★) -> (★★★★)
  9. Ventus (★★)
  10. Master Xehanort (★★★★)

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
I've shared my pie-in-the-sky Spirit Board before, but here's a more realistic one I thi I Sakurai would go with:
  1. Riku (★★★)
  2. Kairi (★★)
  3. Naminé (★)
  4. Lea (★★)
  5. Roxas (★★★)
  6. Xion (★)
  7. Aqua (★★★)
  8. Terra (★) -> (★★★★)
  9. Ventus (★★)
  10. Master Xehanort (★★★★)
it would be funny if Xion was legendary considering how freaking tough her data fight is, lol

Top Bottom