• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Sora Unlocks the Door! The Sora Social Thread

Sora's chances of getting in?

• Total voters

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Because it feels like something Nomura would do. He hasn't done this for the current crossovers Sora appeared in yet, but it's a gut feeling (but NOT a guarantee) that he might do this for Smash.
why? hes never done anything like it before

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Lol daddy in spanish... not sure i would call nomura that hahaha, only sakurai :p

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
the same interview normua suggested we may not hear anything new in regards to the series until 2022

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
The soundtrack really is such a key part of the heart and soul of the series.

Double0Groove

Smash Ace
The thumbnail made me do the worlds biggest double-take considering how KH3 ended

WOOOOO!
I'm loving the new asthetic! Reminds me w lot of P5, which is really cool. I just hope the writing compares to the first game, and not to the added content from the re-release.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed

Double0Groove

Smash Ace
Unsurprisingly, there's a distinct lack of news for Smash bros when my hype for speculation is at its peak. No news, announcements, announcements for announcements... Nothing, nada, zip... Only gossip about potential leaks... nothing to really sink my teeth into... And that's rough considering how this is the most I've ever been hyped in terms of speculation for Ultimate.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Unsurprisingly, there's a distinct lack of news for Smash bros when my hype for speculation is at its peak. No news, announcements, announcements for announcements... Nothing, nada, zip... Only gossip about potential leaks... nothing to really sink my teeth into... And that's rough considering how this is the most I've ever been hyped in terms of speculation for Ultimate.
you gotta hand it to nintendo/sora for keeping a tighter lid on leaks for smash. mind you there are several things that have probably made it harder. the way i see it i think we may get a direct of some sort in dec, jan or feb

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
I've been working on a little project for my Youtube channel. I hope I can expect ya'lls support when it's done.

Basically, it'll be a video (or maybe miniseries) of me essentially formulating a project plan for my ideal KH game. The worlds, characters, summons, bosses, new enemies - everything. Hope that piques your interest.

Last edited:

Double0Groove

Smash Ace
you gotta hand it to nintendo/sora for keeping a tighter lid on leaks for smash. mind you there are several things that have probably made it harder. the way i see it i think we may get a direct of some sort in dec, jan or feb
Hopefully, it's January. The thought of waiting till February is truly painful.
I've been working on a little project for my Youtube channel. I hope I can expect ya'lls support when it's done.

Basically, it'll be a video (or maybe miniseries) of me essentially formulating a project plan for my ideal KH game. The worlds, characters, summons, bosses, new enemies - everything. Hope that piques your interest.
Um... Sure? I'll give it a shot. Good luck with it.

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
If Sora got in and Disney and Nomura wanted Sakurai to go in big, you think the song list would be something close to Terry's? After all, KH is a series where Disney is willing to give the license to anyone willing to take it, and the rights to the music are all in one place (unlike Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest).

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
If Sora got in and Disney and Nomura wanted Sakurai to go in big, you think the song list would be something close to Terry's? After all, KH is a series where Disney is willing to give the license to anyone willing to take it, and the rights to the music are all in one place (unlike Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest).
The rights for FF music are all seemingly owned by Square and the rights for DQ music are all owned by Sugiyama who's an arse.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Someone made a fanmade KH4 cover on Twitter.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
id think it was unlikely

Double0Groove

Smash Ace
Maybe. Depends on who actually owns the music. If Disney is the owner, then there really isn't a precedent we can use for the sake of comparison. If nothing else, we might get the Joker treatment. If Yoko Shimomura owns it, then we could be looking at a Terry situation. And you know what, that's the best case scenario. Nothing would pump me up more for a match than Super boss music.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Maybe. Depends on who actually owns the music. If Disney is the owner, then there really isn't a precedent we can use for the sake of comparison. If nothing else, we might get the Joker treatment. If Yoko Shimomura owns it, then we could be looking at a Terry situation. And you know what, that's the best case scenario. Nothing would pump me up more for a match than Super boss music.
well the thing is though by all accounts the terry thing was an anomaly. based on what sakurai said he was in the middle of a full blown freak out and seemed to imply that even asking for that many songs was unusual

Double0Groove

Smash Ace
well the thing is though by all accounts the terry thing was an anomaly. based on what sakurai said he was in the middle of a full blown freak out and seemed to imply that even asking for that many songs was unusual
True (Although, I have no idea where you got "full-blown freak out" from), but I still think it's possible. That is assuming the owner of those tracks are, indeed, Yoko Shimomura.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
It would have to be Disney that owns the soundtrack and composition rights. One, that just makes sense for Disney and two, they're the only party I can find listed on the copyright notice for the soundtracks.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
True (Although, I have no idea where you got "full-blown freak out" from), but I still think it's possible. That is assuming the owner of those tracks are, indeed, Yoko Shimomura.
i meant geek out and i got it from how he seemed during the terry presentation video

Top Bottom