• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Sora Unlocks the Door! The Sora Social Thread

Sora's chances of getting in?

• Total voters

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
When did I even mention that it was an interview? I know it's just a forum but I still think it's interesting that no one talked about this while so many people believed that guy on ResetEra that said Disney asked too much for Sora.
Of course Sakurai said that Cloud was chosen over other FF characters, they never mention other franchises when talking about a character's inclusion.
Disney asks Nomura out of respect anyway. If Nomura doesn't want Sora in then he's not getting in periodt.
i was an interview as an idea of a good source as opposed to a forum with people just sharing some random ideas. you were saying normua rejected sora in favour of cloud even thought theres no proof anywhere. but the idea that disney would ask normua permission to licence one of their characters seems to be based on this thing were apparently they ask normua if they make a KH game without him, not something they do anymore. theres nothing to suggest they ask him for soras other cameos and more to the point why would sora be against sora being in smash? if he was fine with cloud why would he be against sora?

Double0Groove

Smash Ace
Maybe, it just seems somewhat disrespectful to me to hint at content in a game you're not in charge of. Now, maybe Nomura has the all clear to hint at whatever content he's advising on as long as it's vague enough, but I can't think of any instances off the top of my head where other devs hinted at their own content in Smash.
I still don't see it as an issue. Mainly because, despite the fact that we don't have a clear cut example of a dev dropping a hint towards their character joining, we do have an example of a third party dropping hints of their character's inclusion.

xleft

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-0885-3621-8019
i was an interview as an idea of a good source as opposed to a forum with people just sharing some random ideas. you were saying normua rejected sora in favour of cloud even thought theres no proof anywhere. but the idea that disney would ask normua permission to licence one of their characters seems to be based on this thing were apparently they ask normua if they make a KH game without him, not something they do anymore. theres nothing to suggest they ask him for soras other cameos and more to the point why would sora be against sora being in smash? if he was fine with cloud why would he be against sora?
It just has to be a unanimous agreement for Sora to appear anywhere out of KH.
Cloud and Sora are two different characters and Nomura perhaps has his own reasons as to why he would prefer Cloud over Sora for Smash 4 (!!)
There are literally tons of reasons why this could be and i'm not the one to give you the answer on that. In any case, my guess would have to be that it's related to KH3 still being in development at that time. Maybe Nomura thought the timing wasn't right, who knows? That's only my guess but as I said, there are many possible reasons.

Edit: To clarify, in case this is true, I found it very positive for his chances and the fact that Nintendo wanted him. Perhaps Ultimate may just be the right timing.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
It just has to be a unanimous agreement for Sora to appear anywhere out of KH.
Cloud and Sora are two different characters and Nomura perhaps has his own reasons as to why he would prefer Cloud over Sora for Smash 4 (!!)
There are literally tons of reasons why this could be and i'm not the one to give you the answer on that. In any case, my guess would have to be that it's related to KH3 still being in development at that time. Maybe Nomura thought the timing wasn't right, who knows? That's only my guess but as I said, there are many possible reasons.
The problem is that there's no proof that this was actually said, and no transcript from any kind of interview - for all we know, it was just that user's speculation on the topic. (it's a Kingdom Hearts forum, so it's not like they're a neutral source)

I could claim or speculate that Elma was planned for Smash 4's promotional pick but left out since Xenoblade Chronicles X had been out in Japan for months when that choice was made, but that doesn't make it true, and it doesn't mean that I have any proof of that.

DuskFleur

Smash Apprentice
To lighten the mood, I decided I could bring together some of my Spirit Battle ideas for if Sora gets into the game as DLC, bringing a new DLC Spirit Board with him. Here they are in a spoiler folder so they don't clutter up the thread.

(Kingdom Hearts series)
Riku

Spirit Type: Primary, Advanced ( :starman: :starman: ), Neutral Type, two Support slots
Abilities: Enhanceable at Level 99

Opponent: :ultchrom: (Purple/6th Color)

Rules:
- Attack Power ↑
Conditions:
- The enemy starts with an enhanced Rage Blaster
- The enemy starts with damage but is more powerful
- The enemy has increased attack power when the enemy's at high damage

Stage: Dracula's Castle (Omega Form)
Music: Forze Del Male

(Enhanced Form)

(Kingdom Hearts series)
Riku (Kingdom Hearts III)

Spirit Type
: Primary, Ace ( :starman: :starman: :starman: ), Neutral Type, two Support slots
Abilities: Critical-Health Stats ↑ ↑

(Kingdom Hearts series)
Kairi

Spirit Type: Support, Ace ( :starman: :starman: :starman: ), Shield Type
Abilities: Critical Health Healing (2 Slots)

Opponents: :ultlucina: (Pink/4th Color), :ultchrom: (Yellow/4th Color), Sora

Rules:
- Health Recovery
Conditions:
- Defeat the main fighter to win
- The enemy is healed significantly when the enemy is at high damage
- The enemy has increased attack power

Stage: Delfino Plaza (Western Island section)
Music: Night of Fate

(Kingdom Hearts series)
Shadow

Spirit Type: Primary, Novice ( :starman: ), Neutral Type, 3 Support Slots
Abilities: Water Weakness

Opponents: :ultgnw: (Default) Team (x13)

Rules:
- n/a
Conditions:
  • Defeat an army of fighters
  • The enemy favors Down Tilt attacks

Stage: Bridge of Eldin (Hazardless)
Music: Sinister Shadows

(Kingdom Hearts series)
Roxas

Spirit Type: Primary, Advanced ( :starman: :starman: ), Attack Type, 3 Support Slots

Opponent: :ultdarkpit: (White/7th Color)

Rules:
- n/a
Conditions:
  • The enemy has increased move speed
  • The enemy's melee weapons have increased power
  • The enemy has increased attack power

Stage: Fourside (Battlefield Form)
Music: Another Side (Battle Version)

(Enhanced Form)

(Kingdom Hearts series)
Roxas (Key of Destiny)

Spirit Type
: Primary, Ace ( :starman: :starman: :starman: ), Attack Type, 3 Support Slots
Abilities: Weapon Attack & Move Speed ↑

(Kingdom Hearts series)
Xion

Spirit Type: Support, Ace ( :starman: :starman: :starman: ), Attack Type
Abilities: Shield Damage ↑ (1 Slot)

Opponents: :ultlucina: (Black/7th Color), :ultmetaknight: (Pink/6th Color)

Rules:
- Strengthen Weapon
Conditions:
- The enemy's melee weapons have increased power
- Reinforcements will appear after an enemy is KO'd
- The enemy is giant

Stage: Bridge of Eldin (Battlefield Form)
Music: Vector to the Heavens

Additional Info/Notes:

• "The enemy is giant" applies to :ultmetaknight: and makes him a Super Giant, like with :ultcharizard: for Rhea's Spirit Battle
  • :ultlucina: is fought first, then :ultmetaknight: will appear as the reinforcement after :ultlucina: is defeated

Last edited:

xleft

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-0885-3621-8019
The problem is that there's no proof that this was actually said, and no transcript from any kind of interview - for all we know, it was just that user's speculation on the topic. (it's a Kingdom Hearts forum, so it's not like they're a neutral source)

I could claim or speculate that Elma was planned for Smash 4's promotional pick but left out since Xenoblade Chronicles X had been out in Japan for months when that choice was made, but that doesn't make it true, and it doesn't mean that I have any proof of that.
The person who said Sora isn't in because Disney asked for too much money had no proof either but everyone jumped on the bandwagon that Sora was deconfirmed.
No I wouldn't believe you if you said Elma was planned because you have no relation to Xenoblade and insider info about the franchise. Unless you prove me otherwise of course, but other than that, there is no correlation between your argument and the reason I posted what I posted.

I wouldn't post this if it was said by a totally random person. It's just that this one seems to know what's going on especially because they run the KHinsider forum. And while it might be a KH forum, this person made it quite clear that they don't really care about smash and it's proven if you look at their Twitter, it just happened that this alleged info reached their ears since it's KH related.
And don't get me wrong, I obviously don't believe this 100%, but it's way more reliable than any Sora rumour I've seen thus far. I can quite confidently tell you that this person knows what's up regarding KH insider info, so I wouldn't be surprised if they know stuff about Sora and smash although it might seem unlikely.

Last edited:

Double0Groove

Smash Ace
To lighten the mood, I decided I could bring together some of my Spirit Battle ideas for if Sora gets into the game as DLC, bringing a new DLC Spirit Board with him. Here they are in a spoiler folder so they don't clutter up the thread.

(Kingdom Hearts series)
Riku

Spirit Type: Primary, Advanced ( :starman: :starman: ), Neutral Type, two Support slots

Opponent: :ultchrom: (Purple/6th Color)

Rules:
- Attack Power ↑
Conditions:
- The enemy starts with an enhanced Rage Blaster
- The enemy starts with damage but is more powerful
- The enemy has increased attack power when the enemy's at high damage

Stage: Dracula's Castle (Omega Form)
Music: Forze Del Male

(Enhanced Form)

(Kingdom Hearts series)
Riku (Kingdom Hearts III)

Spirit Type
: Primary, Ace ( :starman: :starman: :starman: ), Neutral Type, two Support slots
Abilities: Critical-Health Stats ↑ ↑

(Kingdom Hearts series)
Kairi

Spirit Type: Support, Ace ( :starman: :starman: :starman: ), Shield Type
Abilities: Critical Health Healing (2 Slots)

Opponents: :ultlucina: (Pink/4th Color), :ultchrom: (Yellow/4th Color), Sora

Rules:
- Health Recovery
Conditions:
- Defeat the main fighter to win
- The enemy is healed significantly when the enemy is at high damage
- The enemy has increased attack power

Stage: Delfino Plaza (Western Island section)
Music: Night of Fate

(Kingdom Hearts series)
Shadow

Spirit Type: Primary, Novice ( :starman: ), Neutral Type, 3 Support Slots
Abilities: Water Weakness

Opponents: :ultgnw: (Default) Team (x13)

Rules:
- n/a
Conditions:
  • Defeat an army of fighters
  • The enemy favors Down Tilt attacks

Stage: Bridge of Eldin (Hazardless)
Music: Sinister Shadows

(Kingdom Hearts series)
Roxas

Spirit Type: Primary, Advanced ( :starman: :starman: ), Attack Type, 3 Support Slots

Opponent: :ultdarkpit: (White/7th Color)

Rules:
- n/a
Conditions:
  • The enemy has increased move speed
  • The enemy's melee weapons have increased power
  • The enemy has increased attack power

Stage: Fourside (Battlefield Form)
Music: Another Side (Battle Version)

(Enhanced Form)

(Kingdom Hearts series)
Roxas (Key of Destiny)

Spirit Type
: Primary, Ace ( :starman: :starman: :starman: ), Attack Type, 3 Support Slots
Abilities: Weapon Attack & Move Speed ↑

(Kingdom Hearts series)
Xion

Spirit Type: Support, Ace ( :starman: :starman: :starman: ), Attack Type
Abilities: Shield Damage ↑ (1 Slot)

Opponents: :ultlucina: (Black/7th Color), :ultmetaknight: (Pink/6th Color)

Rules:
- Strengthen Weapon
Conditions:
- The enemy's melee weapons have increased power
- Reinforcements will appear after an enemy is KO'd
- The enemy is giant

Stage: Bridge of Eldin (Battlefield Form)
Music: Vector to the Heavens

Additional Info/Notes:

• "The enemy is giant" applies to :ultmetaknight: and makes him a Super Giant, like with :ultcharizard: for Rhea's Spirit Battle
  • :ultlucina: is fought first, then :ultmetaknight: will appear as the reinforcement after :ultlucina: is defeated
Hmmm...

You're missing Xehanort, Xemnas, and AnsemSoD. I think those three are too crucial to the series to be opted out. Other than that, I'm totally confused as to why we'd have two Rikus.

DuskFleur

Smash Apprentice
Hmmm...

You're missing Xehanort, Xemnas, and AnsemSoD. I think those three are too crucial to the series to be opted out. Other than that, I'm totally confused as to why we'd have two Rikus.
Oh don’t worry! I wasn’t trying to make a full spirit board by myself. I just haven’t fully come up with or written down ideas for those characters yet. I do think Master Xehanort would be the obligatory Legend Spirit of the pack, but I’m trying to figure out a unique ability to give him...

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
The person who said Sora isn't in because Disney asked for too much money had no proof either but everyone jumped on the bandwagon that Sora was deconfirmed.
No I wouldn't believe you if you said Elma was planned because you have no relation to Xenoblade and insider info about the franchise. Unless you prove me otherwise of course, but other than that, there is no correlation between your argument and the reason I posted what I posted.

I wouldn't post this if it was said by a totally random person. It's just that this one seems to know what's going on especially because they run the KHinsider forum. And while it might be a KH forum, this person made it quite clear that they don't really care about smash and it's proven if you look at their Twitter, it just happened that this alleged info reached their ears since it's KH related.
And don't get me wrong, I obviously don't believe this 100%, but it's way more reliable than any Sora rumour I've seen thus far. I can quite confidently tell you that this person knows what's up regarding KH insider info, so I wouldn't be surprised if they know stuff about Sora and smash although it might seem unlikely.
you were talking about a wild theory as though it were a proven fact. thats what we're taking issue with. and youre gonna need to cite this guys track record on insider information for us to get an idea if theres anything to this

Last edited:

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
What if the Foretellers were bosses in a future game? They all have the markings to be as such (all descriptions are taken and slightly changed from their KH Wiki entries):
  • Aced is gifted in spatial magic, creating rifts in the air that can suck in enemies (which we saw a bit of in Back Cover). He also possesses incredible physical prowess, being able to create craters and crack the battlefield with just few hits. He has also shown himself to be extremely resilient as despite having been badly beaten from being overpowered by Ava, Invi and Gula simultaneously, he was still able to dispatch Gula without much effort.
  • Ava is adept in crafting illusions, which she also uses in her signature technique Foxtrot. She is also able to cast healing spells.
  • Gula's fighting style revolves around the usage of his (shockingly fast) natural speed, allowing him deal few but precise hits and the flee to safely avoid any major counterattack.
  • Invi's fighting style revolves around the usage of magic (elemental magic, to be specific), being able to transform Aced's attack into water with a single swing. She is capable of using every known elemental spell at their highest rank in quick succession with no apparent struggle, as she is able to easily conjure fire, wind, ice, and thunder at their max rank at a very fast pace. Invi is also a skilled close-ranged fighter, as she is able to block several of Aced's attacks and ultimately lands such a powerful hit on her opponent that he is barely able to stand up.
  • Ira is a overall well rounded fighter, being capable in both magic and melee combat. As his primary attack, Ira conjures pillars of light to trap his opponent and then shatters them with a light wave, dealing massive damage.

Last edited:

Double0Groove

Smash Ace
Oh don’t worry! I wasn’t trying to make a full spirit board by myself. I just haven’t fully come up with or written down ideas for those characters yet. I do think Master Xehanort would be the obligatory Legend Spirit of the pack, but I’m trying to figure out a unique ability to give him...
Hey, that's fair. How many spirits do you think we'll end up getting if they do include Sora? If you ask me 13 is a safe number. But you could say the same for the music tracks.

What if the Foretellers were bosses in a future game? They all have the markings to be as such (all descriptions are taken and slightly changed from their KH Wiki entries):
  • Aced is gifted in spatial magic, creating rifts in the air that can suck in enemies (which we saw a bit of in Back Cover). He also possesses incredible physical prowess, being able to create craters and crack the battlefield with just few hits. He has also shown himself to be extremely resilient as despite having been badly beaten from being overpowered by Ava, Invi and Gula simultaneously, he was still able to dispatch Gula without much effort.
  • Ava is adept in crafting illusions, which she also uses in her signature technique Foxtrot. She is also able to cast healing spells.
  • Gula's fighting style revolves around the usage of his (shockingly fast) natural speed, allowing him deal few but precise hits and the flee to safely avoid any major counterattack.
  • Invi's fighting style revolves around the usage of magic (elemental magic, to be specific), being able to transform Aced's attack into water with a single swing. She is capable of using every known elemental spell at their highest rank in quick succession with no apparent struggle, as she is able to easily conjure fire, wind, ice, and thunder at their max rank at a very fast pace. Invi is also a skilled close-ranged fighter, as she is able to block several of Aced's attacks and ultimately lands such a powerful hit on her opponent that he is barely able to stand up.
  • Ira is a overall well rounded fighter, being capable in both magic and melee combat. As his primary attack, Ira conjures pillars of light to trap his opponent and then shatters them with a light wave, dealing massive damage.
I'll only accept them as super bosses. We need a new source for super bosses since the old ones have been laid to rest.

Double0Groove

Smash Ace
This isn't speculation worthy but apparently, there's a new series on android coming... Called Star Smash...
I'm feeling a complicated mix of emotions right now. And Yes, I am VERY compelled to ask... #Sora4Smash?

M@R!3

Smash Ace
This isn't speculation worthy but apparently, there's a new series on android coming... Called Star Smash...
I'm feeling a complicated mix of emotions right now. And Yes, I am VERY compelled to ask... #Sora4Smash?

This is more confusing than any plot point I've encountered in KH.

Perkilator

Smash Legend

Double0Groove

Smash Ace
YIKES…I’m sure this doesn’t affect Sora’s chances but still…
Makes you wonder about how stable the relationship between Disney and SE really is. Because all I'm seeing are mixed messages at this point.

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
Last edited:

Double0Groove

Smash Ace
Max Dood. You probably know him as the "Assist Me!" guy from the Marvel VS Capcom 3 era, and the guy who went absolutely nuts over Terry getting into Smash. The dude is a major pillar in the Fighting Game Community

Max has just made a 1K Gift Sub bet regarding Sora joining Smash.

https://clips.twitch.tv/NeighborlyAmorphousSaladDAESuppy
https://clips.twitch.tv/BelovedArborealLapwingJonCarnage
That's cool I guess? Might as well sub to him if he wins that bet. But, I'm still feeling that confidence high, so I'm gonna make an effort to get into his streams whenever something Smash related is being announced. Which includes Main directs, The Game Awards, and E3.

MyDude213

Smash Journeyman
Okay are we just ignore the fact those characters shown at the end highkey look like AU Sora, Kairi, Riku, and Roxas? Or???

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
YIKES…I’m sure this doesn’t affect Sora’s chances but still…
That could be as simple as Disney not being interested in another FF x KH crossover atm, not that they are uninterested in crossovers in general.

Double0Groove

Smash Ace
Okay are we just ignore the fact those characters shown at the end highkey look like AU Sora, Kairi, Riku, and Roxas? Or???
And before we find out that 2 out of the 4 are actually Yazora and that Star girl.

Last edited:

Perkilator

Smash Legend
If the Emperor‘s New Groove were in KH3, I think it’d lend itself to the story in some neat ways:
  • Demyx and Maleficent discover that lots of Heartless are drawn to the world by Kuzco’s selfishness, and seek to manipulate him for their own reasons (Demyx seeing him as a potential reserve vessel, and Maleficent hoping to use his kingdom as a base)
  • Sora wants to help Kuzco be a selfless person, even if the reasons might be selfish (which could foreshadow Sora’s fate at the end of the game)

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
If the Emperor‘s New Groove were in KH3, I think it’d lend itself to the story in some neat ways:
  • Demyx and Maleficent discover that lots of Heartless are drawn to the world by Kuzco’s selfishness, and seek to manipulate him for their own reasons (Demyx seeing him as a potential reserve vessel, and Maleficent hoping to use his kingdom as a base)
  • Sora wants to help Kuzco be a selfless person, even if the reasons might be selfish (which could foreshadow Sora’s fate at the end of the game)
well its a bit late now

M@R!3

Smash Ace
sigh why is Gamefaqs such a large cesspool of stupidity? I hate when people make threads like this and try to speak for rest of the community.
n8sq2sc5urd21.jpg

There's always gonna be somebody that has to start something. Oh well, at least we can laugh at them.

Starlight Liger

Smash Journeyman
Can a Disney investor please tell Bob Chapek to add Sora to Smash? throw some bull**** like "it will increase Disney shareholder value" to sweeten the deal.

Double0Groove

Smash Ace
Can a Disney investor please tell Bob Chapek to add Sora to Smash? throw some bull**** like "it will increase Disney shareholder value" to sweeten the deal.
This has probably already been said whether Sora makes the cut or not. In fact, there's no doubt in my mind it's already been said. Sora's too popular a character for it not to have been brought up. You just have to hope that Nintendo was able to convince them.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I mean, sure, but there’s no harm in coming up with ideas for potential worlds. I’m pretty sure their exclusion is the reason people discuss stuff like this in the first place.
surely we should be thinking how they might work in a new game rather than an old one?

Desert Croc

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4757-0799-4282
surely we should be thinking how they might work in a new game rather than an old one?
Not wrong. I guess people like doing that since there’s an already established plot. Because who the heck knows how KH4 will play out.

Top Bottom