• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Sora Unlocks the Door! The Sora Social Thread

Sora's chances of getting in?

• Total voters

Tomasagaz14

Banned via Warnings
Huh, you should edit your post, M@R!3, you said a very big spoiler for anyone that would be interested in the game.

nice choices, no idea who soma cruz is, but nice choices
Nice, i'm glad that you like them.

Last edited:

M@R!3

Smash Ace
Huh, you should edit your post, M@R!3, you said a very big spoiler for anyone that would be interested in the game.
Game's old enough that I didn't think it would matter much, but I'll do it anyway.
ive never played castlevania, i dont know who any of the characters, i hadnt even heard of richter until smash and id only heard of trevor when a captain n fan brought him up
Really? Huh, well you should give them a look. They're great games. I would recommend Symphony of the Night, Dawn of Sorrow, and Order of Ecclesia specifically. SotN is on basically everything, but for the other two you'll need a system that can play DS games or an emulator. Order of Ecclesia is my personal favorite because of its difficulty.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Really? Huh, well you should give them a look. They're great games. I would recommend Symphony of the Night, Dawn of Sorrow, and Order of Ecclesia specifically. SotN is on basically everything, but for the other two you'll need a system that can play DS games or an emulator. Order of Ecclesia is my personal favorite because of its difficulty.
ill pass, not of fan of horror themes and vampires

Lyncario

Smash Ace
Sora would be an amazing addition in my opinion, and I had him as one of my most wanted ever since finishing KH1, a bit before Cloud was anounced.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Sooooo... Liek...
Why did they bother making a new wonderland theme?

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
So a new State of Play has been announced. It would be lame to see remind appear there instead of the VGAs. I hope that doesn't happen as I'm already debating skipping this State of Play since they are so boring. It does seem the VGAs would be the better event but they also had FF7R in one. It could also be at both who knows.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
R.I.P.

There was a problem fetching the tweet
Not really. Sora's chances might just have gotten lower because the person who told him about Halo being fake, said about sora "I haven't heard". It wasn't a solid deconfirmation, I saw the DMs. Not wanting to give hopes but i don't want people to take vague answers like that as deconfirmation either.

Last edited:

Coolboy

Smash Journeyman
''wouldn't bet on Sora now'' doesn't mean deconfirmed, it basically means she finds him unlikely, but unlikely doesn't mean deconfirmed.
if a character was actually deconfirmed they would just say ''Sora is deconfirmed'' but as long as i am not seeing that sentence i will assume he still has a chance.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
''wouldn't bet on Sora now'' doesn't mean deconfirmed, it basically means she finds him unlikely, but unlikely doesn't mean deconfirmed.
if a character was actually deconfirmed they would just say ''Sora is deconfirmed'' but as long as i am not seeing that sentence i will assume he still has a chance.
Yeah and the dms i saw between him and his source , the source said "I haven't heard" , which =/= no. If anything, at best , his chances might be super low since this source gets to know so much stuff all the time, but it's still nonetheless not an actual deconfirmation 100% of Sora. Unlike him answering sabi about the halo audio leak where he definitely said "yeh" when sabi asked him if it was fake.

M@R!3

Smash Ace
Yo.
Old vid got taken down. Added a new one.

Last edited:

Double0Groove

Smash Ace
Not really. Sora's chances might just have gotten lower because the person who told him about Halo being fake, said about sora "I haven't heard". It wasn't a solid deconfirmation, I saw the DMs. Not wanting to give hopes but i don't want people to take vague answers like that as deconfirmation either.
These two have the right idea, but at the end of the day, we're still at a disadvantage In terms of the overall discussion. All we can do now is hope for the best but expect the worst.
Also, Nazyrus, you saw the DMs? Was that particular conversation posted anywhere?

M@R!3

Smash Ace
Yeah, exactly! …If Sora in Smash truly doesn’t show up at the Game Awards, this is the next best thing.
Well if showing the trailer at the game awards was the plan they botched it. I'm kinda glad it leaked, I was in pretty bad mood before I saw it.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
" I've been having these weird thoughts lately like is any of this for real…or not? "
that last scene thooooooooooo!
Well even if Sora is deconfirmed for smash (apparently Sabi deconfirmed him fully in his server, since im not in that server i didn't see it myself but i saw the screencap) I'm gonna guess he got a more solid deconfirmation from his other source then… This leaked dlc trailer tho made up my day instantly LOL

M@R!3

Smash Ace
" I've been having these weird thoughts lately like is any of this for real…or not? "
that last scene thooooooooooo!
Well even if Sora is deconfirmed for smash (apparently Sabi deconfirmed him fully in his server, since im not in that server i didn't see it myself but i saw the screencap) I'm gonna guess he got a more solid deconfirmation from his other source then… This leaked dlc trailer tho made up my day instantly LOL
The last scene gave me chills. I'm wondering if that's our "so hard it'll make you cry" boss.

I don't suppose we could see that screencap?

Last edited:

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
The last scene gave me chills. I'm wondering if that's our "so hard it'll make you cry" boss.

I don't suppose we could see that screencap?

It's super terrible quality for some weird reason, apparently from the leaks/speculation chat in his server (which i'm no longer part of so i couldn't verify it myself, but i trust the person who sent it to me via dms anyway).

Geoff said they didn't know until like 1 or 2 weeks from the event last year, about Joker I mean. That's interesting… maybe the reason sabi's source said "I haven't heard" was because of the same reason? Maybe it's being kept so super secretly that no one has heard anything… unless sabi's source knows who it IS and that's why the deconfirmation is coming from. I dunno myself so i'm just speculating here.

Last edited:

M@R!3

Smash Ace
It's super terrible quality for some weird reason, apparently from the leaks/speculation chat in his server (which i'm no longer part of so i couldn't verify it myself, but i trust the person who sent it to me via dms anyway).
Good enough for me. Thanks.

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
Kingdom Hearts 3 Remind is looking amazing so far. I dare say, I really wish they had taken this well-thought out approach with the main story. At any rate, I actually like the game now. Definitely looking forward to seeing the Remind release.

M@R!3

Smash Ace
Kingdom Hearts 3 Remind is looking amazing so far. I dare say, I really wish they had taken this well-thought out approach with the main story. At any rate, I actually like the game now. Definitely looking forward to seeing the Remind release.
That trailer is basically the answer to just about every fan request. January 23rd can't come soon enough.

zabimaru1000

Smash Journeyman
Looks like to me that the leaked trailer implies that anything Kingdom Hearts would have that trailer be a one and done deal announcement at TGA or just eventually posted officially on Youtube and twitter, and that's not even factoring the Sabi deconfirmation for FP5.

Remind looks promising, could potentially one up KH2FM in content if Scala is Cavern of Rememberance on steroids. What would make this DLC for me would be a lengthy platformer level with challenging mobs, Sephiroth rematch, and playable Lingering Will

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
If remind is really going to one-up KH2FM it's going to have to do a lot considering 3 base was pretty weak. That being said, man it looks really good.

BlackInk

Smash Lord
The people from the Kosmos thread found out that the Kingdom hearts 3 remind trailer was deleted from their official channel. It seems like something big is happening with Sora.

M@R!3

Smash Ace
IMAGE DELETED
That just sounds like business as usual for a trailer that was released too early. I don't think it'll have a link to any positive outcome for Sora. Thanks for the heads up though.

Rikarte

Smash Ace
With the recent wave of deconfirmations I kinda hope Sabi was wrong about Sora and he's FP5 after all. He'd be a perfect way to end this pass imo.

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
With the recent wave of deconfirmations I kinda hope Sabi was wrong about Sora and he's FP5 after all. He'd be a perfect way to end this pass imo.
Of all the deconfirmations, Sora's has always felt a litte wishy-washy to me. More or less a "Eh, I dunno" rather than a hard "No"

Sabi's comment above seems like a usual case of "Alright fine I'll say X thing if you'll shut up"

I'd say keep the faith just a little longer, there's still post-pass too.

Top Bottom