• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Sora Unlocks the Door! The Sora Social Thread

Sora's chances of getting in?

• Total voters

Paraster

Smash Lord
I wonder, are there any Kingdom Hearts music tracks you guys wish got in that didn't?
Recently, for my "what I think next Smash could be" project, I decided to tentatively add Sora as a veteran and took the opportunity to add a few tracks--but with some limitations for the sake of realism. They still cannot be tied to specific Disney characters or worlds, and only 2 each from II, BBS, 3D, and III are allowed. That said, I picked...

Sinister Sundown
The Encounter
Unforgettable
Master, Tell Me the Truth
Storm Diver
Deep Drop
Anger Unchained
Edge of Existence

(edit: now organized into a playlist)

What would anyone else go for given these limitations?

Last edited:

HyruleHero

Smash Journeyman
Recently, for my "what I think next Smash could be" project, I decided to tentatively add Sora as a veteran and took the opportunity to add a few tracks--but with some limitations for the sake of realism. They still cannot be tied to specific Disney characters or worlds, and only 2 each from II, BBS, 3D, and III are allowed. That said, I picked...

Sinister Sundown
The Encounter
Unforgettable
Master, Tell Me the Truth
Storm Diver
Deep Drop
Anger Unchained
Edge of Existence

What would anyone else go for given these limitations?
Can we have remix's cause I have some haha.
I still haven't found time to play DDD so I added the other two games.
I'm personally more a fan of the more melencholic songs in KH but they might not be the best fit for smash.

KH2:
Other Promise
Cavern of Remembrance w/ Deep anxiety
BBS:
Aqua, Ventus and Terra medley
358/2 Days:
Vector to the Heavens
DDD:
L'Oscurità dell'Ignoto
Re:Coded:
No More Bug!!
KH3:
Scala ad Caelum
Chikai (instrumental) actually maybe Face My Fears (instrumental) I honestly like them both

Last edited:

Paraster

Smash Lord
Can we have remix's cause I have some haha.
I still haven't found time to play DDD so I added the other two games.
I'm personally more a fan of the more melencholic songs in KH but they might not be the best fit for smash.
For the purposes of my project, I went simple and assumed no new remixes, but it's not impossible they'd happen in the future, so sure.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
The music selection is a bit of a bummer. KH1 has bangers (Night of Fate and Destati especially) but not having any Org. XIII music or Vector to the Heavens hurts.

...Which is why I will mute Smash's music and play a KH playlist over the top of the game when I play Sora. :101:

Reksew_Trebla

Smash Cadet
Don’t know where would be best to put this, and I don’t think it deserves its own thread, but with all the talk of Duck Hunt representing Donald and Goofy, I’m now imagining them with the Back Shield and either Star Rod, or Staff, items.

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
Donald's ability would be item repulsion where healing items, and only healing items, would avoid Sora.

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
Don’t know where would be best to put this, and I don’t think it deserves its own thread, but with all the talk of Duck Hunt representing Donald and Goofy, I’m now imagining them with the Back Shield and either Star Rod, or Staff, items.
So about that...

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
You know it's kinda weird how most of my life ive always kinda viewed Mickey, Donald and Goofy as gaming icons more than anything else because Kingdom hearts is what i grew up on in regards to that trio of characters lol

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
You know it's kinda weird how most of my life ive always kinda viewed Mickey, Donald and Goofy as gaming icons more than anything else because Kingdom hearts is what i grew up on in regards to that trio of characters lol
I was surprised reading up on the characters' history and finding out how little Mickey was used compared to his iconic name. Donald and Goofy have plenty of cartoons, but Mickey faded in the background, being more of a name than character.

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
It is disappointing that Force de Male was not picked, especially since it plays first at Hollow Bastion.

If they wanted to be accurate to the source game, then they needed that song, Riku's spirit to be his dark form, and every time you start his spirit battle that it plays the prebattle cutscene from KHI. And be unskippable.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
It is disappointing that Force de Male was not picked, especially since it plays first at Hollow Bastion.

If they wanted to be accurate to the source game, then they needed that song, Riku's spirit to be his dark form, and every time you start his spirit battle that it plays the prebattle cutscene from KHI. And be unskippable.
Striving for that true KH1 PS2 nostalgia huh?

Also if anyone's interested, I've been replaying KH1 to celebrate my son in Smash Bros, and I actually just thrashed that fight ten or so levels below recommended. I clipped it from my twitch, if anyone wants to watch.

MattX20

Smash Hero
Going by past DLC releases. chances are Sora will be released in roughly 8 hours from now

GolisoPower

Smash Master
He is out, and he feels like there's a learning curve at first, but in the end, he's definitely fun. Some friends and I ran into a hilarious moment where we were spamming Firaga against one another and our projectiles keep canceling each other out lol

Paraster

Smash Lord
Wasn't a fan of Sora's Classic Mode. It's based on fighting darkness-themed characters, which we've already had at least twice (despite the fact that it's actually most fitting for Sora). Even the route's NAME was similar to Link's. And maybe it was just me not being used to him yet, but Sora feels like he doesn't handle multiple opponents at once well.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Some of Sora's attributes are as follows...

Additional Walk Accel.: 0.12
Base Walk Accel.: 0.04
Walk Speed: 0.82
Traction: 0.086
Initial Dash: 1.78
Additional Run Accel.: 0.06
Base Run Accel.: 0.04
Run Speed: 1.58
Additional Air Accel.: 0.086
Base Air Accel.: 0.01
Air Speed: 0.96
Air Friction: 0.012
Gravity: 0.064
Falling Speed: 1.44
Fast-Falling Speed: 2.304
Weight: 85

Walks slightly slower than Ken, and not quite as floaty as one would think.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Riku and Roxas seem like the most difficult of the spirit battles. Also, none of the spirits enhance, so there's no spirit for Ansem or Xehanort or whatever he's calling himself this week. (I'm still getting caught up on Kingdom Hearts, so I'm not sure how complicated the main villain's identity gets - bare minimum, I'm aware of his Heartless, Nobody, older human self, and time-traveling younger human self)

Last edited:

Double0Groove

Smash Ace
When he picks up another weapon, his stance changes to the valor form's and I love every second of it, omg.
Definitely a bit of a learning curve. I'm kicking myself for not practicing with Mewtwo as much as possible, I feel that his move set would've eased me into Sora's pretty easily. As for right now, I'm still shaking the habits from my other mains and trying to find the best use for his magic system. Thunder is surprisingly bad!

I feel like if I can get him right, he'll be the scariest character I end up using. He has so much potential for the crazy nonsense I was expecting from him since the beginning. The Smash pros. have been showing some of that off, and, thanks to the frequent use of him online, I've been able to learn a few tricks to get me started. Day 1 is rough but promising.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Alright people, I got something crazy for you.

Smash Bros. has seven characters who are or can become princesses.

1. Peach
2. Daisy
3. Rosalina (Who has been referred to as a princess in official guides)
4. Zelda
5. Lucina
6. Robin (Who can become a princess by marrying Chrom)
7. Corrin

But

Even More Crazy

13 Characters who have canonically and willingly performed evil actions. This does not count characters who have performed immoral actions while not in control of themselves (Ryu and Richter for example) or characters without a moral compass/who operate on instinct (such as non-sentient Pokemon, Dark Samus - who is made of Phazon, which has no moral compass, or Piranha Plant)

1. Bowser
2. Bowser Jr.
3. King K. Rool
4. Ganondorf
5. Meta Knight
6. King Dedede
7. Wolf
8. Mewtwo
9. Wario
10. Dark Pit (While not evil, he willingly joins the Forces of Nature, whose leader, Viridi, is trying to wipe humanity from existence.)
11. Ridley
12. Sephiroth
13. Kazuya

Seven lights
Thirteen Darknesses

...they absolutely ****ing did this on purpose, I refuse to believe otherwise. One of those two is a coincidence, but both? Definitely on purpose.

Last edited:

Reksew_Trebla

Smash Cadet
Alright people, I got something crazy for you.

Smash Bros. has seven characters who are or can become princesses.

1. Peach
2. Daisy
3. Rosalina (Who has been referred to as a princess in official guides)
4. Zelda
5. Lucina
6. Robin (Who can become a princess by marrying Chrom)
7. Corrin

But

Even More Crazy

13 Characters who have canonically and willingly performed evil actions. This does not count characters who have performed immoral actions while not in control of themselves (Ryu and Richter for example) or characters without a moral compass/who operate on instinct (such as non-sentient Pokemon, Dark Samus - who is made of Phazon, which has no moral compass, or Piranha Plant)

1. Bowser
2. Bowser Jr.
3. King K. Rool
4. Ganondorf
5. Meta Knight
6. King Dedede
7. Wolf
8. Mewtwo
9. Wario
10. Dark Pit (While not evil, he willingly joins the Forces of Nature, whose leader, Viridi, is trying to wipe humanity from existence.)
11. Ridley
12. Sephiroth
13. Kazuya

Seven lights
Thirteen Darknesses

...they absolutely ****ing did this on purpose, I refuse to believe otherwise. One of those two is a coincidence, but both? Definitely on purpose.
Dark Samus is actually a Metroid that was genetically altered by Phazon to be a clone of Samus, and then with it’s intellect, realized Samus was killing off the Metroids (because they were literally a threat to the universe (actually, multiverse, as a sister species that exists in the Kid Icarus universe, which is not Samus’ universe, as explained by Palutena, were threatening that universe)), and decided to hunt her down to kill her. She is evil.

But good news! Game Mewtwo, which is the only one that matters, has no real proof that it intentionally killed the scientists that created it, and even has evidence that it was unintentional, as he sealed himself away in a cave so he wouldn’t be around people anymore until the time was right (Red/Gold find him).

Last edited:

AinsOoalGown

Smash Apprentice
I'm surprised roxas was the legend spirit, makes sense but I was betting on an actual big villain name. like Xenahort

Top Bottom