• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sora: A new perspective on why he might make it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Chain of Memories was released on the GBA, and of course the PS2 remake version would be "better than the original" because the PS2 has many more advanced capabilities. And since it was remade, of course CoM was improved for more fluid gameplay and story-telling.
Apparently (haven't played it), it's story is the same, but the game play is better (good thing, because the game needed to improve to be an average game).

So, the only real game were Sora had a chance to get in from is no longer a console exclusive and has achieved more success, critically, commercially, and fan-opinions on the PS2, a system he's commonly associated with. You have to admit, that's a big dent right there for his chances.

Machspeed

Smash Lord
The Super Mario RPG was a first of MANY for Mario games. First time Bowser was playable, first Mario RPG period, first time-based hit RPG, first time when Mario wasn't the main character of the story, and first time saving peach wasn't the main concern.

This game set this basis for many Mario RPGs, if not all, and I think Sakurai will honor that.

Superninjabreadman

Smash Lord
The Super Mario RPG was a first of MANY for Mario games. First time Bowser was playable, first Mario RPG period, first time-based hit RPG, first time when Mario wasn't the main character of the story, and first time saving peach wasn't the main concern.

This game set this basis for many Mario RPGs, if not all, and I think Sakurai will honor that.
Hmmm. Hopefully he will, But it being a Mario game, I doubt we'll be seeing anything Third party come from it. it'd be sorta... awkward.

Geno for new mario rep,

Sora for 3rd party.

KHIII for Wii. (it rhymes, it -MUST- happen)

Machspeed

Smash Lord
Hmmm. Hopefully he will, But it being a Mario game, I doubt we'll be seeing anything Third party come from it. it'd be sorta... awkward.

Geno for new mario rep,

Sora for 3rd party.

Yeah, Sakurai said he CONSIDERS Geno 1st party, even though he's not.
I think Sora could still make if Geno's in.

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion

Geno for new mario rep,

Sora for 3rd party.

Yeah, Sakurai said he CONSIDERS Geno 1st party, even though he's not.
I think Sora could still make if Geno's in.
If we got Geno in, Sakurai would probably get another 3rd party, just because he considers Geno 1st party, and he'd think that it wouldent be fair. or somthing like that, I hope...
DO NOT HIJACK THIS THREAD FOR GENO :mad::mad::mad:!!!!

I am sorry but I hate it when geno takes over a thread, talk about this on the geno thread, not the sora thread. please leave before this thread gets closed.

Superninjabreadman

Smash Lord
DO NOT HIJACK THIS THREAD FOR GENO :mad::mad::mad:!!!!

I am sorry but I hate it when geno takes over a thread, talk about this on the geno thread, not the sora thread. please leave before this thread gets closed.
the conversation started out talking about Sora's chances compared to Geno's... and stuff like that... Just because we're talking about Geno dosent make it a Geno thread...

If we compared Sora to Megaman it'd be a little hard to conversate over....

Besides, (i think..) all those posts are on this page... if you go back afew pages..

ParamoreRiot

Smash Lord
Sora represents SE's future, while Geno represents SE's past. They both have an equal chance and can both get in the game since Geno, I believe, is technically considered 2nd party.

Superninjabreadman

Smash Lord
Sora represents SE's future, while Geno represents SE's past. They both have an equal chance and can both get in the game since Geno, I believe, is technically considered 2nd party.
Lol Hi PR :D

I agree about the Square's past and Future thing. again, for the last time, Sora is more Popular than Geno (outside of Smashboards) and Sakurai dosent care if (almost) All of Sora's fans are fat emo chicks, as long as the game sells good and he gets money. (and he makes a good game).

ricydafrog

Smash Journeyman
i love how ur speculation is always well thought out before being posted
maybe most people are saying no because sora feels like more of a sony character even though he's third party. even with the new kingdom hearts game coming out for ds it just doesn't feel right

Superninjabreadman

Smash Lord
i love how ur speculation is always well thought out before being posted
maybe most people are saying no because sora feels like more of a sony character even though he's third party. even with the new kingdom hearts game coming out for ds it just doesn't feel right
I think Sora feels fine for SSBB... But im just about one of the biggest Sora supporters ever (see Sora Support Thread.)

Does anyone know how many words you can put per post?

The Dragon

Smash Journeyman
The keyblade totin' teenager would deffinitely fit into the smash world, he already has the same style and goofiness that is smash in his own games, you could cut and paste sora into brawl and he would fit, example look at the newcomer pic on the new sora for brawl thread that superninjabreadman started, he fits in just fine. Also having said that there are also a lot of nifty ideas why he should be there too

Diddy&Dixie4evr

Smash Apprentice
I love sora but I dont think he is in, he wasn't in any nintendo system with a worth while game, he will take a spot of smomeone more worthy megaman bomberman pacman etc. If square enix were toput someone in it would be crono as he was in the succesful snes game. And doesn't pit look like him already, isn't that close enough.

Superninjabreadman

Smash Lord
I love sora but I dont think he is in, he wasn't in any nintendo system with a worth while game, he will take a spot of smomeone more worthy megaman bomberman pacman etc. If square enix were toput someone in it would be crono as he was in the succesful snes game. And doesn't pit look like him already, isn't that close enough.
that "not worth while" game outsold everey megaman game on the GBA. sorry kid.

and the Pit = Sora thing is about as Ike is to Marth.

del-boy

Smash Journeyman
Sory isn't sony. KH3 has not been confirmed for any system.

Kingdom Hearts : Chain of Memories was Game Boy Advance only. That game also had a very important story line to the series (a 1 and 1/2 if you will)

Kingdom Hearts : 365/2 Days will be comming out for the DS only (though it doesn't look like Sora is playable, only Roxas and the other Organization members)

That makes two Kingdom Hearts games for Nintendo.

Kingdom Hearts 3 has not been confirmed on any system although it has been mention that the Kingdom Hearts creater was interested in the Wii because of its wireless capabilities.

The Kingdom Hearts creater also said that he is useing the same gameplay as FF13V for KH3 so it looks more likely for the ps3.

Also FF has had more games than that for for nintendo and have made nintendo a hell of a lot more money.

Superninjabreadman

Smash Lord
The Kingdom Hearts creater also said that he is useing the same gameplay as FF13V for KH3 so it looks more likely for the ps3.

Also FF has had more games than that for for nintendo and have made nintendo a hell of a lot more money.
Yes. Beacuse Sakrurai Put the Iceclimbers in because they made -so- much money.

Sakurai isnt going to add characters that make money to make money, hes going to add characters that are popular to make money. except for the classic characters. some of them are just cool, and some are just based of Sora. (sorta)

Black/Light

Smash Master
and the Pit = Sora thing is about as Ike is to Marth.
Humm, heres what I always thought in the back of my head. Pit looks soooooo much like a KH character to me that that, in and of it's self, made me feel better about how Sakurai sees Sora.

I mean, if he took KH as a sign of whats popular now-a-days (looks wise) to base Pitt's new look on than maybe he takes a liking to KH.

http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/characters/images/pit/pit.jpg
http://www.finalfantasyworld.co.uk/khextreme/kh2/images/artwork/KH2_Artwork_Sora2.jpg

They look alot alike in style at least to me.:p
But IDK, maybe it's just a random anime style... I could be completely wrong.

Superninjabreadman

Smash Lord
Humm, heres what I always thought in the back of my head. Pit looks soooooo much like a KH character to me that that, in and of it's self, made me feel better about how Sakurai sees Sora.

I mean, if he took KH as a sign of whats popular now-a-days (looks wise) to base Pitt's new look on than maybe he takes a liking to KH.

http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/characters/images/pit/pit.jpg
http://www.finalfantasyworld.co.uk/khextreme/kh2/images/artwork/KH2_Artwork_Sora2.jpg

They look alot alike in style at least to me.:p
But IDK, maybe it's just a random anime style... I could be completely wrong.
Care to see the first post? It kinda talks about it there.

E P I C

Smash Journeyman
Sora wouldnt fit well because he is Sora. A man shouldnt have a woman's name. That is why he shouldnt be in.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Sora wouldnt fit well because he is Sora. A man shouldnt have a woman's name. That is why he shouldnt be in.
That is ********. Sora has so much magic and combat skills to base a moveset on, it isn't even funny.

Sora means "sky" in Japanese, it really isn't a "boy" or "girl" name.

del-boy

Smash Journeyman
Yes. Beacuse Sakrurai Put the Iceclimbers in because they made -so- much money.

Sakurai isnt going to add characters that make money to make money, hes going to add characters that are popular to make money. except for the classic characters. some of them are just cool, and some are just based of Sora. (sorta)
Then why do mario have the most rep because it is nintendo biggest games so it does have alot to do with it but not all ways. If SE do put someone in brawl it will not be Sora because he is not a rep for SE and it would be a big FU#K YOU NINTENDO because he is mainly on the ps2 and other song thing.

SE will more then likely but some from FF or DQ from one of nintendo games because DQ and FF do alot better so can get new people to the game as there games have a big fan base.

There will be no Sora in brawl because he has done very little for nintendo and would be very hard to but in, so can you stop saying that he will be in because he will not, just say you want him but he is very unlikely.

Super Smash Master

Smash Lord
My answer is two words: No.

Well, Sora conviently bypasses the "Must have appeared on a Nintendo-console"-rule by having appeared in "Chain of Memories". But, no.

Snake was only in ports/remakes of games for NES and Gamecube. The model used in brawl is from a PS2 game. Your point?

Superninjabreadman

Smash Lord
Then why do mario have the most rep because it is nintendo biggest games so it does have alot to do with it but not all ways. If SE do put someone in brawl it will not be Sora because he is not a rep for SE and it would be a big FU#K YOU NINTENDO because he is mainly on the ps2 and other song thing.

SE will more then likely but some from FF or DQ from one of nintendo games because DQ and FF do alot better so can get new people to the game as there games have a big fan base.

There will be no Sora in brawl because he has done very little for nintendo and would be very hard to but in, so can you stop saying that he will be in because he will not, just say you want him but he is very unlikely.
Mario Has alot of reps because they have alot of Popular Characters. Everey Mario Rep in melee was playable in Super Paper Mario. (Except for Dr. Mario...). Because they're popular. and evereyone has heard of them.

So yeah. # of games dosent matter. How much money that game makes only matters because its popular, and the more it sells. the more popular it is. Im not saying Sora will be in brawl, Im saying I hope he's in. I've never said "LOL I KNOW SORA IZ IN BRAWL 4 A FACT LOL."

626key

Smash Journeyman
sora has more chance than a ff fighter because disney will vouch for him, it's owned buy two companys that are palls with nintendo

bballstar23

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2383-6686-1312
sora has more chance than a ff fighter because disney will vouch for him, it's owned buy two companys that are palls with nintendo
How does that give him more of a chance when an FF fighter only has to go through one of those companies?

Mario Has alot of reps because they have alot of Popular Characters. Everey Mario Rep in melee was playable in Super Paper Mario. (Except for Dr. Mario...). Because they're popular. and evereyone has heard of them.

So yeah. # of games dosent matter. How much money that game makes only matters because its popular, and the more it sells. the more popular it is. Im not saying Sora will be in brawl, Im saying I hope he's in. I've never said "LOL I KNOW SORA IZ IN BRAWL 4 A FACT LOL."
Or it could be that they were significant characters in the Mario franchise and that is why they have roles in both SSB and Super Paper Mario. Toad is a popular character, but he's not in Brawl as a PC.

del-boy

Smash Journeyman

Disney is NOT friends with nintendo and that is TWO companys so it would be harder and KH has done LITTLE for nintendo when FF has done alot for them, also FF has ALOT more fans so it would help ssbb sell more.

YOU FAIL

Superninjabreadman

Smash Lord
Disney is NOT friends with nintendo and that is TWO companys so it would be harder and KH has done LITTLE for nintendo when FF has done alot for them, also FF has ALOT more fans so it would help ssbb sell more.

YOU FAIL
Dude. I have a Gamestop Magazine. Theres an entire page of DS games that are disney. YOU COUNTER FAIL

KH has just as many fans as Final Fantasy.

SJAK47

Smash Journeyman
... and Snake does?
Yeah, I don't see how Snake can fit in the Nintendo universe. It's like how Pirates of the Caribbean didn't really mesh well with the KH style (too realistic).

And Snake's more violent than Link and Sora combined, if violence was the argument.

Whether he makes it or not, the fact that Sora was mentioned is honorable in itself. We just have to find out if Sora was the lucky third party character who got in.

Start counting down.

626key

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I don't see how Snake can fit in the Nintendo universe. It's like how Pirates of the Caribbean didn't really mesh well with the KH style (too realistic).

And Snake's more violent than Link and Sora combined, if violence was the argument.

Whether he makes it or not, the fact that Sora was mentioned is honorable in itself. We just have to find out if Sora was the lucky third party character who got in.

Start counting down.
It's a pity that all of any mystery comes down to luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom