• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sora: A new perspective on why he might make it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryusuke

Smash Cadet
I don't know if it has been said before, but Sora is owned by Disney. And, do you think Sakurai would get the rights from THEM? Disney?!

Square and Nomura barely own the rights to the guy.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
I don't know if it has been said before, but Sora is owned by Disney. And, do you think Sakurai would get the rights from THEM? Disney?!

Square and Nomura barely own the rights to the guy.
*facepalm*

Seriously. . . read the post RIGHT before yours. :ohwell:

IShotLazer

Smash Journeyman
Well though I actually enjoy your arguement I still heavily doubt.
Theres a point were I think third party characters DON'T belong.
Even from a business standpoint, it's just too much.

PDawgy

Smash Journeyman
GARRR!!! I DON'T WANT SORA CUZ HE IS A PLAYSTATION GARR GARR GARR

I remember when I finished KH2 I started crying :(

Darkraid

Smash Champion
I think Square include a char, it will be sora. He fits in the smash series completly. Cloud on the other hand looks too mature.

del-boy

Smash Journeyman
Sora is sony, he stated out on sony, KH 3 will be on the ps3. so noooooooooooooooo.

Cosine

Smash Apprentice
This was probably brought up a while ago before I was on the forum, but the musician, Yoko Shimomura, working on music for Brawl. On the dojo it said she worked on Kingdom Hearts, but if you look her up on Wikipedia, she worked on several nintendo games, Mario & Luigi 1 & 2, Super Mario RPG, and if it only stated the Kingdom Hearts Series, maybe because she will only be doing music for Kingdom Hearts, which means Sora's in (If KH has a stage hes in, duh) or it could be like the X music, which just had music.

Anyway, like I said this may have been brought up before, but I was just wondering why it is, and if anyone knows?

And if he does make it in, I really hope we don't get any disney AT's like Donald or Goofy

Machspeed

Smash Lord
She could be a composer for any reason. She's brilliant when it comes to making music. Doesn't necessarily MEAN a character's going to be in from Square-Enix.

Geno's popular theme, "Forest Maze", was also written by her. His inclusion is a possibility from Square-Enix.
Same thing with Sora's inclusion from KH Music.

Or she could possibly just in on a note of supplying some kind of music for the SSE. We have no idea at this point.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Sora is sony, he stated out on sony, KH 3 will be on the ps3. so noooooooooooooooo.
. . . .

"Sora is Sony"?

Sora is Disney. If he were Sony, how do you think he got on a Nintendo console at all? Sony would never allow something THEY created to make money for one of their competitors. Don't be dumb.

If you don't know what you're talking about, don't talk about it.

Superninjabreadman

Smash Lord
This was probably brought up a while ago before I was on the forum, but the musician, Yoko Shimomura, working on music for Brawl. On the dojo it said she worked on Kingdom Hearts, but if you look her up on Wikipedia, she worked on several nintendo games, Mario & Luigi 1 & 2, Super Mario RPG, and if it only stated the Kingdom Hearts Series, maybe because she will only be doing music for Kingdom Hearts, which means Sora's in (If KH has a stage hes in, duh) or it could be like the X music, which just had music.

Anyway, like I said this may have been brought up before, but I was just wondering why it is, and if anyone knows?

And if he does make it in, I really hope we don't get any disney AT's like Donald or Goofy
Disney wouldent hand over Donald or Goofy (or any of the characters from Classic disney movies.) if we got an AT from KH It'd be KH original Characters.

Like Roxas..

Lol I changed mah pic.

del-boy

Smash Journeyman
. . . .

"Sora is Sony"?

Sora is Disney. If he were Sony, how do you think he got on a Nintendo console at all? Sony would never allow something THEY created to make money for one of their competitors. Don't be dumb.

If you don't know what you're talking about, don't talk about it.
When I say he is sony I mean that all the games sora has been playable have came out for the ps2. If you think he is likely then your dumb.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
When I say he is sony I mean that all the games sora has been playable have came out for the ps2. If you think he is likely then your dumb.
But he still isn't a product of Sony, so what you're saying still isn't true and still doesn't matter. >_>

He originated in a video game.

He's been on a Nintendo platform.

He can be in Brawl. He's not likely, but he DOES have a shot. Saying he doesn't is a flat-out lie.

Superninjabreadman

Smash Lord
But he still isn't a product of Sony, so what you're saying still isn't true and still doesn't matter. >_>

He originated in a video game.

He's been on a Nintendo platform.

He can be in Brawl. He's not likely, but he DOES have a shot. Saying he doesn't is a flat-out lie.
Dont forget the "On Sakurai's poles" thing. That gives him a bigger shot. even though he wasent the most popular character on the poles.

SJAK47

Smash Journeyman
I've said this several times before, but I'll say it again.

I would love it if Sora joins Brawl but I am not hoping for it. He would make a nice WTF-type character especially because of the relationship between Square-Enix and Nintendo. But like you said, SamuraiPanda, Kingdom Hearts is huge all around the world and the young teen look is definitely in.

Williampettysan

Smash Journeyman
I would rather have Megaman, Pacman or Bomberman sorry... Sora seems he would be awsome, but their are a lot of other characters that many other people think would get in... =/

orintemple

Smash Lord
Adding Sora would make the Square-Enix fanboys orgasm with joy and piss off A LOT of other people. Not me particularly, I could take or leave Sora, but it would start an uproar somehow.

I don't see him being in anyway though. It seems WAY to far-fetched to me, even WITH plausible proof to back it up. Now if I am proven wrong, fine, but I am skeptical.

Black/Light

Smash Master
Adding Sora would make the Square-Enix fanboys orgasm with joy and piss off A LOT of other people. Not me particularly, I could take or leave Sora, but it would start an uproar somehow.
. . . Thats alot of assumed drama. I really don't think it would upset anyone other than the "purist" who had problems with the thought of Snake being a PC but couldn't b**** and moun about it seeing as he was already confirmed in.

Imo this would be yet another pimp-slap to Sony. Nintendo fans would see this as more proof to the rumors of a KH Wii title and sony would be even more closer to losing yet another heavy hitter title to the comp. There, a major b*** slap to Sony;)

Superninjabreadman

Smash Lord
. . . Thats alot of assumed drama. I really don't think it would upset anyone other than the "purist" who had problems with the thought of Snake being a PC but couldn't b**** and moun about it seeing as he was already confirmed in.

Imo this would be yet another pimp-slap to Sony. Nintendo fans would see this as more proof to the rumors of a KH Wii title and sony would be even more closer to losing yet another heavy hitter title to the comp. There, a major b*** slap to Sony;)
Sony can rot. Nintendo has a better system. for a cheaper price. (except for the graphics, and the 360 has better graphics, also for a cheaper price.) Sony is already in last place for the 3 major Consoles. (In my book. The only reason I ever really will get a PS3 is going to be for KHIII or somthing).

Sora is disney anayway... Alot of KH fans are also Naruto and Bleach freaks. so they should have a Wii anyway. and its not like everey KH fan is going to know Sora is in brawl.

Cosine

Smash Apprentice
Sony can rot. Nintendo has a better system. for a cheaper price. (except for the graphics, and the 360 has better graphics, also for a cheaper price.) Sony is already in last place for the 3 major Consoles. (In my book. The only reason I ever really will get a PS3 is going to be for KHIII or somthing).

Sora is disney anayway... Alot of KH fans are also Naruto and Bleach freaks. so they should have a Wii anyway. and its not like everey KH fan is going to know Sora is in brawl.
KH 3 is probly coimg out for the Wii, due to the reasons you just said

Cosine

Smash Apprentice
She could be a composer for any reason. She's brilliant when it comes to making music. Doesn't necessarily MEAN a character's going to be in from Square-Enix.

Geno's popular theme, "Forest Maze", was also written by her. His inclusion is a possibility from Square-Enix.
Same thing with Sora's inclusion from KH Music.

Or she could possibly just in on a note of supplying some kind of music for the SSE. We have no idea at this point.
I know that, I looked her up, I just didn't get why on the Dojo it only mentioned the Kingdom hearts series

Superninjabreadman

Smash Lord
KH 3 is probly coimg out for the Wii, due to the reasons you just said
KH 3 is -possibly- coming out for the wii for the reasons I said.

Did I mention that Square Enix seems to be favoring Nintendo more lately? (Due to the System maybe?) (Its an opinion... I think Square <3 Nintendo).

I'd actualy prefer the game on a system with better graphics, saying we're pushing the Wii's graphics to the very limit here with SSBB, So i've been told, I've also been told that Mario's Final Smash's fire graphics have more realistic fire than any (almost any?) computer can generate.

And if Sora made it for Brawl, It'd almost be a definate for a Wii KH game.

I know that, I looked her up, I just didn't get why on the Dojo it only mentioned the Kingdom hearts series
Because that is one of her most recent works, and the one she's better known for.

Superninjabreadman

Smash Lord
It probably only mentioned Kingdom Hearts because alot of people are familiar with that game and will recognize the music.
And people arent familiar with Super Mario RPG (and other Mario games Yoko worked on)?

I think its either

A.) Sakurai Liked the work they did in that game and recruited(is that the right word?) them for the game, later posting what music they did (From the game he recruited them after)

B.) Thats (one of ) the most recent work(s) that the artist has done in their career.

C.) they're doing a song for the game. (maybe not in Yoko's case.)

It is true that alot of the new gen gamers are more familiar with KH.... ALOT. of New gen gamers.

Machspeed

Smash Lord
Trust me, the amount of people who don't remember/haven't played the Super Mario RPG is enormous, compared to those who haven't played/remember Kingdom Hearts.

Machspeed

Smash Lord
Pretty much everybody above the age of 17 knows what it is, and a handfull below that bracket.

An old timers game, but still a classic.

Also had a ton of firsts for the Nintendo. First Mario RPG, first time bowser was playable in a game, first timed-hit RPG. Pretty much the basis of all those Mario RPG's you see today, like Superstar Saga. However let me not derive further, seeing as this is a Sora topic.

Superninjabreadman

Smash Lord
Pretty much everybody above the age of 17 knows what it is, and a handfull below that bracket.

An old timers game, but still a classic.
yeah. but the Wii is aimed at all age groups... maybe not SSBB but the Wii is. so... meh.

Sora > Geno in my book. Even if Geno is more popular among 17+ gamers, he's still a sidekick.

Machspeed

Smash Lord
A sidekick?

If you've played the SMRPG, you'd know this is simply not true. The game is called, Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars. Ultimately, Mario ends his mission by saving Peach less than halfway through the game. Geno has to piece back together Star Road using the stars found throughout the game. Geno, Mallow, and Bowser however are still on their quest, all the way until the final boss battle.

There are no sidekicks in SMRPG.

Superninjabreadman

Smash Lord
A sidekick?

If you've played the SMRPG, you'd know this is simply not true. The game is called, Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars. Ultimately, Mario ends his mission by saving Peach less than halfway through the game. Geno has to piece back together Star Road using the stars found throughout the game. Geno, Mallow, and Bowser however are still on their quest, all the way until the final boss battle.

There are no sidekicks in SMRPG.
Sorry then, From all I heard, he was a Sidekick.

Mikail

Smash Rookie
Sory isn't sony. KH3 has not been confirmed for any system.

Kingdom Hearts : Chain of Memories was Game Boy Advance only. That game also had a very important story line to the series (a 1 and 1/2 if you will)

Kingdom Hearts : 365/2 Days will be comming out for the DS only (though it doesn't look like Sora is playable, only Roxas and the other Organization members)

That makes two Kingdom Hearts games for Nintendo.

Kingdom Hearts 3 has not been confirmed on any system although it has been mention that the Kingdom Hearts creater was interested in the Wii because of its wireless capabilities.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Kingdom Hearts : Chain of Memories was Game Boy Advance only. That game also had a very important story line to the series (a 1 and 1/2 if you will)
No, it wasn't released on the GBA. It was remade for the PS2 with Kingdom Hearts II: Final Mix, which sold pretty well, and received acclaim as "better than the original".

Kingdom Hearts 3 has not been confirmed on any system
It better be soon (let's hope they don't **** up TRON again. The lightcycle mini-game makes me a very, VERY sad panda :( )

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
It better be soon (let's hope they don't **** up TRON again. The lightcycle mini-game makes me a very, VERY sad panda :( )
Oh my godless canaries, those lightcycle mini-games drove me mad. They should've just called it the "drive into a wall a whole lot" mini-game.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Oh my godless canaries, those lightcycle mini-games drove me mad. They should've just called it the "drive into a wall a whole lot" mini-game.
That was a problem (I failed, like, the first three times I did it.), but I was talking more about how much they were NOT like the lightcycles like the movie.

Movie footage
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eMY1FaOKF-0

Game footage of KH II
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7lJzP2Iix7Q

It needs to be more like the arcade version

Arcade footage
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONg0rUogiEg

But, you know, in 3D, and stuff.

D

Deleted member

My younger cousin is 14 and HE even remembers playing the game on my SNES when he was a little one year old. Sora ain't getting in before Geno, sorry. Although I love the Kingdom Hearts games he doesn't stand a chance against Geno.

Also, Geno is NOT a sidekick. Geno is a main protagonist in Mario RPG. The story line affected who the most? Durr, Geno of course. If anything Mario was sidekicking for Geno. Geno needed help. Mario helped. Geno didn't help Mario. He never asked Mario either. He demanded it.

"Go ahead Mario. Get that Star Piece."

DO those words sound like the words of a sidekick?!

SJAK47

Smash Journeyman
My younger cousin is 14 and HE even remembers playing the game on my SNES when he was a little one year old. Sora ain't getting in before Geno, sorry. Although I love the Kingdom Hearts games he doesn't stand a chance against Geno.

Also, Geno is NOT a sidekick. Geno is a main protagonist in Mario RPG. The story line affected who the most? Durr, Geno of course. If anything Mario was sidekicking for Geno. Geno needed help. Mario helped. Geno didn't help Mario. He never asked Mario either. He demanded it.

"Go ahead Mario. Get that Star Piece."

DO those words sound like the words of a sidekick?!
Yeah but again, not everyone knows that. Sidekick or not, I am sure Geno is of importance in the game. I've barely touched the game so I shouldn't assume any more than I am right now because I can't argue for or against Geno.

No, it wasn't released on the GBA. It was remade for the PS2 with Kingdom Hearts II: Final Mix, which sold pretty well, and received acclaim as "better than the original".
Chain of Memories was released on the GBA, and of course the PS2 remake version would be "better than the original" because the PS2 has many more advanced capabilities. And since it was remade, of course CoM was improved for more fluid gameplay and story-telling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom