• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sonics at Apex (Pool/Mothers Day Johns)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I guess I can do $5 vs you guys.

And I don't play IC's anymore. Just GW.

Malcom, how about a $5 with your wario right after the sonic?

:).

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Where would the stream to this be located on Saturday?
I'll have time to hopefully watch it, and I wanna see some of you guys on the stream.

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
Where would the stream to this be located on Saturday?
I'll have time to hopefully watch it, and I wanna see some of you guys on the stream.
I made a combined live stream/blue steak xat page while the HOBO 16 stream was up...

Link for the upgrade: http://www.siriusuplink.com/steak.html (still has the HOBO 16 stream but will be updated with the APEX stream lol)

ithrowthings

Smash Lord
NNID
ithrowthings
I wanna MM Hylian. I just spent 200 bucks to replace my tie rods on my car to make this trip though so money is pretty tight.

So what Sonics are staying where? I'm staying in Philly Friday night and Inui's on Saturday night. From what I understand lawz and Camalange are staying in a room and MalcolM and Da Kid are stayin in a room. I'll probably just do what I did for CoT4 and just randomly sleep in whatever room I end up in.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
So what Sonics are staying where? I'm staying in Philly Friday night and Inui's on Saturday night. From what I understand lawz and Camalange are staying in a room and MalcolM and Da Kid are stayin in a room. I'll probably just do what I did for CoT4 and just randomly sleep in whatever room I end up in.
Well, you're more than welcome to room with us, whatever works for you.

When does sign up end for APEX?
Also, if we don't sign up, can we still attend?
I think pre-reg has ended already :/
You can still go, but it's an extra $5.

:093:

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Oh guys, I'm gonna wish you all luck ahead of time, I'm going to be at another one of SK's (apparently his as of recent...) monthlies, so if there's a stream I probably won't be able to watch it.

Kick some a**!

JayBee

Smash Champion
NNID
jamesbrownjrva
i need help. can someone house me tonight for apex? if not i can't go.

SM5, i heard you were going to apex? give me a call.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Cam, I'm still rooming with you guys yes?

Yeah, we're texting as I type, lmao

are you guys stayin there friday and saturday or just saturday? So HYPED!
Just the Saturday night.

i need help. can someone house me tonight for apex? if not i can't go.
I called you, we're good to go.

So I guess Lawz, Kojin, and Boxob are roomin with me for sure, and a possible ITT and ShadowLink?

Shugo-Chan

Smash Lord
Lol @ espy for saying Lain's IC's are lol after lain beating both Dojo and M2k. Get ***** :p

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Apparently M2K also needs to learn2Snake/(Steak).

If what I read was correct, good @#$% to all you tourney/going Sonics, especially Malcolm as usual.

Chis

Finally a legend
NNID
ArcadianPirate
Malcolm did but he had to leave. ShadowLink hard a very hard pool, so it's understandable. (He had Ally in it, and two other pros). And Kid? Er....

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
I only see 3 Sonics. I thought a lot more went/weregoing?
Am I trippin'? What happened?
They didn't make it out of pools.
Malcolm did but he had to leave. ShadowLink hard a very hard pool, so it's understandable. (He had Ally in it, and two other pros). And Kid? Er....
Shadowlink was in pikapikas pools so pika, ally and somebody else made it out.

Im trying not to john but my pool was janky as all hell.
I was originally in a pool with 6 people. it was OBM and then the next 2 spots to get out should have been divided between me, Rhyme, and Chaos Marth. But since our pool was the absolute last to play they decided to put two more people in our pool. One of which was Pride. so then it was pretty much OBM and pride making it out of pools with the last spot being a toss up between me C Marth and Rhyme. our pool didnt start until midnight. at which point every one was tired not on top of their game. so instead of playing his main samus, he was too tired to try so he just played olimar cus it was easy. he ended up beating me and CM out.. if we had started earlier he would have played samus and got beat.

Then there was the fact that even tho my pool was the last to play and it had 2 people more than every other pool it should have equated to 4 people out of the 8 making it out of the pool as opposed to 3 people out of the 6 making it out of every other pool. and had it been that way i would have gotten into brackets.

In related news, I was the only player in our entire pool to even take a game off of omegablackmage. and I should have beaten him. but i didnt because of the same reason that i lost to everyone else I lost to the whole weekend... I SDd more in the last 2 days, than i have in the last two months. seriously... it was ********. i pretty much played every match with 2 stocks.

In the last game with OBM in pools on rainbow cruise, I LITERALLY CREATED an AT/lock on the spot in that match. It takes GaW from 0-65 gauranteed.
I saw kid goggles destroy KOSMOS's MK with Sonic.

Shet was ****.
To put things in perspective.
yes i beat KOS's MK
he had only been playing MK for an hour and a half at that point.
But that hour and a half was Exclusive Dojo training.
I also played Dojo. first game he two stocked me, second game i got him to last stock. Dojo's nairs are ********.

I should have done much better than I did.

I need to stop SDing.
I the only person I legitamately lost to was pride and dojo and a kid named Rush. aside from that, I could have beaten everyone I played against if i didnt SD

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
Kid they only take the top 3. I had asked Alex about it because that is what happened in my pool.
We had around 8 people and I was wondering i he was taking top 4 instead of top 3 due to the size but he said no.

Phoenix_Dark

Smash Lord
NNID
Phoenix2337
3DS FC
1289-8343-1385
I know Cam went, and had a really hard pool. Holy, Jash, and I think some IC's that the commentators were hyping over the stream, so I guess he was pretty good. That's all I know though.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
cam was there.

boxob got GaW banhammered by xiivis GaW

ITT was there, but didnt make it either

ophelia was there, but i didnt play him

Kojin was there, he was cool but like me, he didnt do as well as he wanted to do.

i got vids of me getting my butt whooped by chibo's ROB
and I lost a money match to chaos marth on the live stream.

also, on the part of the boat where theres a wall, you can do a jab combo, and it has that weird DDD down throw hitstun. so you can just do another jab combo, and another, and another... from 0-65 on GaW and also nets you a free grab. which can put the guy at 85 or so

RenegadeRaven

Smash Ace
LOL, ****ing MalcomM was the only All Sonic to make it out of pools, and he had to go.

Good **** though Ophelia/Kai.

Oh, any steak matches/ friendlies with any other Sonic Mains? =o?

And Yeah, we saw you coming close to working that Marth.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
I know Cam went, and had a really hard pool. Holy, Jash, and I think some IC's that the commentators were hyping over the stream, so I guess he was pretty good. That's all I know though.
This...

Rawr, I almost beat Holy Nightmare though. Last stock each time, certainly caught him offguard but Jash was SO ****. TLink in general is **** but I could only take one stock off each time.

That IC player I took to the last stock first match, but got gayed, so I tried to gay him back by CP'ing Rainbow.

Turned out he also used MK. **** backfired...

I took 4th in my pool (AGAIN!) but someday...someday I'll learn to swim :/

boxob got GaW banhammered by xiivis GaW
SO LULZ!

That made my day. I don't care that Boxob lost, that was too good. Xiivi banning Boxob IRL is too funny...

i got vids of me getting my butt whooped by chibo's ROB
and I lost a money match to chaos marth on the live stream.
LOLSAME

Yeah, I took him to the last stock first game, got two stocked second...

also, on the part of the boat where theres a wall, you can do a jab combo, and it has that weird DDD down throw hitstun. so you can just do another jab combo, and another, and another... from 0-65 on GaW and also nets you a free grab. which can put the guy at 85 or so
Xiivi told me all about this, too good.

It was great meeting more Sonics like Boxob, KID, Kojin, awesome times.
I'll leave more personal shoutouts in the Apex results thread when I get the chance.

The steak match between me and kid was lot as were numerous other videos.
kojins SD card disappeared.
No way..that SUCKS dude.
Sorry about the loss Kojin, it's a shame too because Malcolm and PhantomX's insanely awesome set was on there + our Sonic lulz.

PikaPika!

Smash Ace
I yelled at xiivi during his match to ban that sonic, and 3 seconds later he 9 hammered him, good times were had. I destroyed every sonic I fought (or at least beat them) and kid straight jab locked OBM on RC and shoulda won till he SD'd

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
I yelled at xiivi during his match to ban that sonic, and 3 seconds later he 9 hammered him, good times were had.
That made my life.

Sorry Boxybox :p

I destroyed every sonic I fought (or at least beat them)
I should've found you and played you :p

and kid straight jab locked OBM on RC and shoulda won till he SD'd
And...QFT

KID was reppin' some serious steak from what I saw, but just couldn't pull out the win. Pretty much how I played at Apex :/

Here are my shoutouts. Sorry if I forgot anything important >_>

http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=7367556&postcount=283

JayBee

Smash Champion
NNID
jamesbrownjrva
pika pike didn't play me though...

i was so unhappy after pools that i didn't play sunday until after noon.

Malcolm showed me his sonic, so now my sonic is gonna be even better for it, next time i will play him on live feed. we played so much saturday its too bad none was recorded.

btw the SD card was recovered.

im making it out of pools next time. that's a promise. no johns. i dont care who I play.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Read your shout-outs.

SK92 hasn't even played me 5 times, you have to take into account that he's a good player (or Sonic isn't a good character... I'll go with the former though) and that he's also played _X_ and anybody els-

WAIT A MINUTE SK92 WAS AT APEX WTF?!?

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
lol
gg Kinzer.

in any event, Kid, it seemed like u were too nervous or too excited.

and to all Sonic's, hey, there will be other tourneys. Don't let this one get us down.

OFY

Sonic main since 08'
TBH. Out of all the sonic's I played, Malcolm and Cam have impressed me the most.

and if KID GOGGLES was DA KID, he ***** KOSMOS's mk on battlefield, I jizzed in my pants.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom