• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sonic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gabe Hartzog

Smash Apprentice
Going to get Sonic Lost World the day it's released. I've heard good things from buddies and other Sonic fans. The mixed reviews in the Critic Corner don't really phase me.

Hehehehe :p
Yeah look at the European reviews and the fans response. They are saying its the best Sonic game since SA1/2

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Famitsu gave it a good score, and I usually find their stuff to be pretty reliable.
If I had a WiiU, I'd have gotten it either way. :applejack:

Gabe Hartzog

Smash Apprentice
Famitsu gave it a good score, and I usually find their stuff to be pretty reliable.
If I had a WiiU, I'd have gotten it either way. :applejack:
I just read their's. I am getting it on pay day but there are a lot of reviewers bashing it. But I have heard nothing but good things from people who played it.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
I just read their's. I am getting it on pay day but there are a lot of reviewers bashing it. But I have heard nothing but good things from people who played it.
Never trust reviewers to accurately review (a) a Sonic game or (b) a Nintendo exclusive.

Never.

ENCOREY

Smash Cadet
Yeah I feel like game reviewers are payed to bash Sonic games. Just like I think ESPN is payed to talk about the Cowboys more than any other team. IGN in particular has lost all credibility with me.

Alex Night

Smash Ace
NNID
obiwan_jacoby
3DS FC
2234-7921-2718
I'm actually going to stream Sonic Lost World via my Twitch channel on Tuesday when it comes out. I'll be sure to judge the %$#@ out of it. :p It's only because I love Sonic.

Mari

Saving the planet from disaster!
Sonic Lost World actually looks good from where I'm standing. IF ONLY I HAD A WII U.

I NEED TO GET A WII U... :(

I geeked out when they announced that NiGHTS exclusive level in the Deadly Six edition, though.

Apperently, SEGA owns everything I love. :laugh:

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
got sonic lost world on tuesday. it's really good, I knew that not listening to those reviewers was a good idea! only one problem, I'm almost done with it. it was supposed to keep me over until christmas!

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
100%, all A rank?
If so, then perhaps you need more than just one single non-RPG game to tide you over. :applejack:

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
100%, all A rank?
If so, then perhaps you need more than just one single non-RPG game to tide you over. :applejack:
....no, but it'll probably be done by the end of the month. I guess I'll just practice project melee or something after.

EDIT: wait there's ranks in sonic LW? haven't seen any and I'm on the sky world.

ENCOREY

Smash Cadet
Yeah most Sonic games aren't known for their longevity. Unless of course you introduce the Chao Garden into the mix. Still waiting to get this due to just getting a new car. Need to let my money balance out again. Then here I come WiiU.

Alex Night

Smash Ace
NNID
obiwan_jacoby
3DS FC
2234-7921-2718
Sonic games do have longevity for speed runners i.e. Paraxede0. Sonic Lost World is pretty cool, but the thing is that I wish that they spent more thought on the placement of the Wisp powers like Laser. Other than that, I love the controls and the writing for Sonic is absolutely beautiful. The writing of the characters in this game reminds me of the Sonic the Hedgehog comics.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Sonic's got a Yoshi Island-themed zone in SLW now, with a Zelda-themed one on the way.

Would love to see the songs for them placed on the Windy Hill Zone stage for ****s and giggles.

kataridragon

Smash Ace
So this is more ssb4 related but do you think or know that sonic will have the same deficiency as he did in brawl? By far his worst problem was that he was his own hurt and hitbox for attacks.

Do u think that's still going to be the case? And if so will characters with disjointed hit/hurt boxes dominate him?

Last edited:

Tornado_Man

Smash Lord
NNID
FireMegaBuster
So this is more ssb4 related but do you think or know that sonic will have the same deficiency as he did in brawl? By far his worst problem was that he was his own hurt and hitbox for attacks.

Do u think that's still going to be the case? And if so will characters with disjointed hit/hurt boxes dominate him?
I think he'll be fine.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Hey, Sonic fans! I'm working on a project that you might have heard of called Project: Thank You Sakurai! (If you haven't heard of it, you should check it out.) and I'm currently doing a poll to determine which characters should be on the virtual card that we're making for him. I would appreciate it if you guys would check it out here and vote for who you like. Sonic looks to be a lock, but more support for him can't possibly hurt :p

Tornado_Man

Smash Lord
NNID
FireMegaBuster
I think Knight of the Wind is next.

The problem with E.P the opening is long and I have to create a 20 second version of that song I do not have time to check if it goes with the video.

Yep, Knight of the Wind might be next.
Surprised they didn't use Reach for the Stars when we first saw the trailer tbh. But I'm curious to see how Knight of the Wind goes with it.

Tornado_Man

Smash Lord
NNID
FireMegaBuster
Man. We need a daily pic with Sonic in it sometime soon. It's been all Mega Man for the most part.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I want a shippy daily pic of either Bowser x Rosalina or Sonic x Rosalina *brick'd*

Well, Sonic's good at looking after Chao, so they could make a pic of him petting a Luma with the caption "Don't worry buddy!", and Rosalina watching him with a smile. I dunno, Sonic and Rosalina seem like they would get along really well in my head!

Tornado_Man

Smash Lord
NNID
FireMegaBuster
I want a shippy daily pic of either Bowser x Rosalina or Sonic x Rosalina *brick'd*

Well, Sonic's good at looking after Chao, so they could make a pic of him petting a Luma with the caption "Don't worry buddy!", and Rosalina watching him with a smile. I dunno, Sonic and Rosalina seem like they would get along really well in my head!
Now that I think about it, that's probably true. I'd like to see a pic with a caption describing a way that he might differ from his Brawl incarnation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom