• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sonic Texture and Music Thread

~TBS~

Smash Champion
Rolling around at the speed of Sound, Maryland.
...if you're a sonic fan and didnt put black knight music on castle siege....fffffffffffff you disqualified then.

Man, that ark looks so awesome...i wish we could get some more Wifi Waiting Room stages...the ones i see so far arent that great. =/

SuperGuzzi

Smash Journeyman
mmm, that stage needs something... maybe add better aniamtions for sonic and shadow, and put fire under teh stage so it'll look like it's flying.
-----------------------------------------
What about do something like this:

it doesn't look so hard, i'll try :)

Edit:

XD well i started

SuperGuzzi

Smash Journeyman

well, i found a way to put this model in brawl(actually It is 3 cubes's model, perfecty moved to look like that, credit to my father, a maths profesor, for helpme to do that lol, it need a little work with textures, scales and lights,but it'll look really cool,i want to do something like this:

i cand do most of the model in this pciture, this can be a good stage.

Kupo Rose

It's what my cutie mark is telling me ♫
Green Forest looks promising Dani!

I'm confused on how you're gonna add that model onto a City Escape stage.

SuperGuzzi

Smash Journeyman
Green Forest looks promising Dani!

I'm confused on how you're gonna add that model onto a City Escape stage.
the City escape stage will be like that photo in my last post, there will be 3 of that model moving up and down, but we'll fight ond the first two, the 3erd is just for aesthetic purposes. thethe right wall and the left wall will be in the stage, also the stair will be a floor.
something like this will be the collision

the red part of both side will be optional i don't lnow if i osuld add it with edges and will be a walk-off. Sorry if you don't understandme, i need to learn more english:(
EDIT: in the photo there is only 2 of my model, but I will put forward two models for fighting, and one back, just for aesthetic purposes.

Kupo Rose

Don't worry, I understand ya!

Sounds pretty cool. :)
I need to find some time to learn how to do these stage shenanigans lol.

SuperGuzzi

Smash Journeyman
Don't worry, I understand ya!

Sounds pretty cool. :)
I need to find some time to learn how to do these stage shenanigans lol.
well, i think the only way to live and learn is practice, and do experiments, my first stage was GHZ and i learned a lot try and failing, so you just need play around with brawl box

Kupo Rose

I've been lacking time and motivation lately. Been working Friday, Saturday and Sunday the past 3 weeks in which I don't get home till (usually) after 10pm. Then I gotta do some reading >.< Really can't be bothered to do Brawl related things afterwards lol (even though I kinda want to).

And now I'm off to work again, yay.

SuperGuzzi

Smash Journeyman
Well, the stair is looking good:

o just need to find a good lights for the stage, have you got any idea?
Alson, some know where i can find a perfect cylinder model in brawl, and a cube model wich can acept transparency?

Kupo Rose

Is it me or does Sonic look too small for that stage compared to your SA2 picture?

Looking guuud though.

SuperGuzzi

Smash Journeyman
Is it me or does Sonic look too small for that stage compared to your SA2 picture?

Looking guuud though.
well is a little biger than original, but in teh picture sonic is inside of the stairs, because the colission , but with that sice is perfect to fight.

Kupo Rose

Oh, I see.

Soooooo, here's my first attempt at background swapping. I can't be the only that wanted this awesome background on this stage, right?

Of course first time is never perfect.

Problems...
- I can't get Super Sonic and Super Shadow to show up
- I had to change the space background since the original one kept coming out really odd.

[collapse=like this]

[/collapse]

edit: I'll be asking Oizen before I can release this. (Since nearly none of this is my work)

Kupo Rose

I honestly can't tell if that was a compliment or not.

The word **** is just used wayyy too much in Smash forums lol.

SuperGuzzi

Smash Journeyman
Well for sonic/shadow, try to see where the corresponding animation place them, because in static position the maybe look like they are good, but mayb e the animation move them under the stage or anohter part, look in game for them.

Kupo Rose

oh oh oh! I was supposed to import these too?

(All of the ModelData[]'s with the "static" in it?)

Sonic-Rave

Smash Journeyman
This may have already been stated in the OP and if it has, I'm sorry for bringing it up but can this thread be also used for submitting Sonic texture requests?

Kupo Rose

This may have already been stated in the OP and if it has, I'm sorry for bringing it up but can this thread be also used for submitting Sonic texture requests?
Yeah, request a Sonic texture if you want.

Although the only people here are Guzzi, Wedge and me. I think Wedge lost interest in hacking, I don't know if Guzzi takes requests and I've been super busy doing other stuff plus I still have other people's textures to finish.

So... Yeah <.<
(Just to let you know)

SuperGuzzi

Smash Journeyman
well i don't do sonic's texture, i use only the original (sometimes clasic sonic, sometimes SA2 sonic, or cell.shaded sonic) but i don't like news sonic textures because i only want one, because of that i only do stages,so i only acept request for stages, if you o rsomeone ahve any idea tellme.

SuperGuzzi

Smash Journeyman
Have you thought of making stage models for the wifi waiting room SuperGuzzi?
you are talking about a stage wich can go over Wifi WR or a stage using the model of it, so it'll look totally diferent but wont desync (like most of my stages)?

SuperGuzzi

Smash Journeyman
it need to be sonic related one? or it can be, something like this for example:

i can put that awesome background with cool lights and put teh WFWR fo stage
or it can a be Green hill wifi wating room, or everything, just tellme, there are a lot of awesome background for put, oh and if you just want to put a stage in place of WWWR just use a .rel file

~TBS~

Smash Champion
Rolling around at the speed of Sound, Maryland.
._. a rel. file? O_ o
i dont actually make stages or know the first thing about making texture hacks. I just try to find goes ones to use.

That stage looks cool! O_o
I'd like it to be a sonic related Wifi Waiting Room, but it can be a different stage...i just cant find any good ones thats up right now.

SuperGuzzi

Smash Journeyman
well you need to know wath's a .rel file right now.
This files let you put every stage voer the stage you want
i mean, for example, you want to put another Final destination, but you want it over 75M, you need to use a .rel file of FD change the name and a number in the file and you can rename that FD stage like STGDONKEY.pac and play like FD, but the music and some efect will be form the original stage
check my vaul if you donwload the Tetris stage, it will have a rel file to put it over 75M
more information about rel here

Sonic-Rave

Smash Journeyman
I'm just going to post the idea for my texture now for whenever somebody has the time to make something of it.

For those who remember the Werehog texture that Katakiri made:

I was wondering if it could be possible to turn the fur gold instead of blue while keeping that furry-like texture and keeping the tips of Sonic's quills white. His face and belly would also need to go back to the original color.

Next is where this request gets a little weird.

Take a look at this picture here

The cuffs on her robe = Sonic's wrists

Give Sonic white shoes, and replace the strap with one of the seals that's on Ran's hat (the gold ones). As for the buckle, I was hoping to find something that would make the blue pattern on the front of her robe match with something but nothing comes to mind.

Again, no rush for anybody to make this as I understand that you guys are probably busy. But when somebody does get around to this, thank you so much in advance and pm me if I confused you on something.

EDIT: Eye color: Gold

SuperGuzzi

Smash Journeyman
sorry i'm not good in textures

nevermind:

the collision is finished also the model in the fighting zone are finished too, todey i played it with my friends, and now i know this isn't a competitive stage, the porcentajes go up and you only can die going down or up (and goind to left/right in the top) but it's still fun to play in it, also i still need to find a better lights for it. this stage is fun because i maden only with cubes and cylinders, i don't have another model. i will add two marker from GHZ adn other thing too but i don't know how to put leafs on the sides, anyone ahve any idea?

Kupo Rose

Too bad rel files don't work for me :(
(Being PAL sucks)

What stage is your City Escape going over?

@Rave: You could probably learn how to texture that yourself before I get on to it xD

SuperGuzzi

Smash Journeyman
(Being PAL sucks)

@Rave: You could probably learn how to texture that yourself before I get on to it xD
.rels don't work for pals? oh men, the stage is over FD, i'm using it over new pork city with a .rel but don't worry i will do compatible with another stage, i wont be over new pork city becuase of the camera, but just tellme where it should be?

Edit:
Kupo, two questions
1)are you familiar with downlads by torrent?
2) do you want to downlaod a lot sonic games for wii/GC like SA2:B or SA:DX?

Sonic-Rave

Smash Journeyman
(Being PAL sucks)

Well, I have BrawlBox but I don't really know how to work it or mess around with any textures. I could look into it and maybe get Wedge to teach me some things.

Kupo Rose

.rels don't work for pals? oh men, the stage is over FD, i'm using it over new pork city with a .rel but don't worry i will do compatible with another stage, i wont be over new pork city becuase of the camera, but just tellme where it should be?

Edit:
Kupo, two questions
1)are you familiar with downlads by torrent?
2) do you want to downlaod a lot sonic games for wii/GC like SA2:B or SA:DX?
PAL needs PAL .rel files. NTSC rels freezes on me :( (which is why I can't play on Oizen's Metal Harbour or Sky Chase stages)

1) Not really
2) Yeeeaap!

Well, I have BrawlBox but I don't really know how to work it or mess around with any textures. I could look into it and maybe get Wedge to teach me some things.
You'll instantly learn from this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l48dhTatABg

Top Bottom