• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sonic Texture and Music Thread

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Thank you kindly.

I'll be sure to use this texture next chance I get now that everything is just like the original (I hope).

Kupo Rose

It's what my cutie mark is telling me ♫
Save a replay without using that stage texture and then play the replay again with the texture and see if the match de-syncs.

/unabletotestatm

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Don't replays only desync if you try to perform the game-altered tech?

Like, what if I went the whole match without wall-jumping? How would the replay be shown in the non-hacked version and the hacked version (assuming a game-altering fix is present)?

Kupo Rose

Don't replays only desync if you try to perform the game-altered tech?

Like, what if I went the whole match without wall-jumping? How would the replay be shown in the non-hacked version and the hacked version (assuming a game-altering fix is present)?
If you want to know if the stage is "tournament viable", shouldn't you deliberately be doing the game altered tech (in this case, the walljumps) to see?

I thought Katakiri's Battlefield texture would desync (the ledges looked odd and the square star at the bottom looked abnormally big to me) so I played a few wifi (lol) matches on that stage messing around with the ledges and walljumps to check if it's legit.

Annnd it was all good.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
... I don't know how low I should go. I'm bad at limbo. =<

Anyway, I'll find out, I was just curious to learn more about desyncs.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
... Which Stardust Speedway? You only have four different kinds of that zone depending on what timezone and how much influence Robotnik had/has/will have on it.

Tesh

Smash Hero
.... all of them. Final D looks kinda like stardust speedway. I just need the unfinished/finished robotnik statue in the background really. maybe have the stage main platform look like the ground on that stage.

I also like those robotic fireflies that shoot lasers at you.

SuperGuzzi

Smash Journeyman
Hey Kupo i'm thinking in doing a CSS and SSS stilyced like Sonic adventure (1 or 2) and chenge all font with a sonic adventure 2 one
i did some things like this:
teh character icon are in square wiht blue and red like this:

(i also have a version without the '?')
and teh background is from SA2
Now for the SSS i put a sonic simbol to show the stage, a sonci adventure 2 font for the name and the background is from SA2's map

and in battle the font for number is agian the SA2's one:

Trent

Smash Champion
I just discovered this thread.

I'd rate it 6 stars if I could, and I've never rated a thread before. This is just.. beautiful.

SuperGuzzi

Smash Journeyman
Okey, i don't know if any of you play in my Green Hill zone + , i want to correct its wrongs color (even if you put the colors of brawl it doesn't look like old GHZ) and some things need to be fixed.
first,i hate the walls in the stages, but i want back the one-up box in the middle; another thing someone noticed a shadow claping in my pictures of GHZ? that is because i want to add lot of sonic's characters in the back part of the stage, and also i will happy if i can add this between of the two platforms:

Also tehre is a problem in the left ledge:

there isn't this problem in the right ledge, playing with sonic this isn't a problem, but for most of characters y horrible get trapped there.

Well here are my ideas:

In the part 1 will be all sonic characters with come animation (shadow, tails, kunckles, silver, and maybe amy if is possible)
The part 2 will be the fight zone, and i'll correct the colissions and platforms positions(and maybe add that part that i tell before)
And last in the part 3 it will back teh sonic one-up box but it wont be part of the figth zone, it'll be there just because i like it XD

Okey tellme your opinion abouts this, and if any have a good idea for the stage's platforms layout tellme please.

Kupo Rose

Ooooooh sweet! Love the work you did with the SSS. Are you keeping the character icons like that in your picture or would you be putting in the default Brawl character icons?

@Your GHZ+ stage
Make the stage platforms the same layout like in Battlefield? (but without the top middle one of course). And lol, that's pretty cool that you can put all the Sonic characters in the background. :laugh:

SuperGuzzi

Smash Journeyman
Ooooooh sweet! Love the work you did with the SSS. Are you keeping the character icons like that in your picture or would you be putting in the default Brawl character icons?

@Your GHZ+ stage
Make the stage platforms the same layout like in Battlefield? (but without the top middle one of course). And lol, that's pretty cool that you can put all the Sonic characters in the background. :laugh:
well it suppose to be all icons with official artwork from every cahracter, but i supose the original brawl icons will be better, and for the layout, i have a 3erd platform, so i can do a lot of things, may one between of the other two going from one to another, or i can move all, i just want any original idea.

EDIT: another question, what texture is better for this stage(it only changes the squares)
The original color (from the sonic the hedgehog's sprites):

This one (from brawl):

This one(from brawl too):

This one (from Sonic Adventure 2 Green hill zone):

Or this one(i made it):

XLR8TION

Smash Ace
NNID
XLR8TION
3DS FC
4399-0465-6002
Hey Kupo i'm thinking in doing a CSS and SSS stilyced like Sonic adventure (1 or 2) and chenge all font with a sonic adventure 2 one
i did some things like this:
teh character icon are in square wiht blue and red like this:

(i also have a version without the '?')
and teh background is from SA2
Now for the SSS i put a sonic simbol to show the stage, a sonci adventure 2 font for the name and the background is from SA2's map

and in battle the font for number is agian the SA2's one:
holy **** that is nice o.o

SuperGuzzi

Smash Journeyman
Thanks, but what is better, for the icons, the face like original brawl icons, icons from official artwork, or iccon with the images from the intro of brawl?

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
I agree. If you're gonna go with official art, it'd be best to work on each one so they all look good.

The ones from the intro of Brawl are the best though. So uniform and they have a lot of personality.

SuperGuzzi

Smash Journeyman
Select your sonic:

for some reason i don't like from the intro, and the artwork is cool but iddunou, tellme what do you think?

SuperGuzzi

Smash Journeyman
Okey, i'll do all characters with the pics from the intro
Now, it should have the name in the lower part(like original in brawl) or not, like my photo?

Kupo Rose

I don't see a need to. Dunno about the others.
Up to you I guess. Adding the name doesn't take long anyway.

*suggestion* Have you tried a Sonic Adventure styled one?
(made this a while back)

SuperGuzzi

Smash Journeyman
I don't see a need to. Dunno about the others.
Up to you I guess. Adding the name doesn't take long anyway.

*suggestion* Have you tried a Sonic Adventure styled one?
(made this a while back)
mmm, from SA1? (sonic is doing a circle this his body)or like SA2?

EDIT. oh i didn't see that pic, but i don't like that sonic, because is from SADX, i preffer de original oneXD

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
...whoa- and you actually know who Scourge is?
ffff... +100 reputation points for you.

And I will, I've only had time to check up and post on SWF and one other place since college has been breathing down my neck. After Wednesday, I'll start getting on there more.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Darky, are you seriously questioning the awareness of Scourge in the god-**** SONIC BOARDS?
C'mon, man.

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
Nah, I'm not too surprised. I just remember the days when I used Scourge avatars all over the place and people would ask:

"Whoa, did you make that?"
"No."
"Who's character is that?"
"......"
"He's like a ****** Sonic recolor!"
"................."

Yeah, times have changed though. SCOURGE STOPS SHOWING UP IN THE COMICS AND SUDDENLY, EVERYONE STARTS TO REALIZE HE EXISTS.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Trying to make my spindash look like this:

Any idea how I can get this to work. I'm having trouble getting the rectangle:

to look better than this:

Kupo Rose

Your guess is as good as mine Tesh. I honestly don't know either lol without going through trial and error x.x

Thanks Darky but for real though, it's Sonic Boards. Scourge is definately known here lol.

And...
Updated OP with Guzzi's textures.

edit: I think I'll need the second post for the music part. First post is becoming too large...

Top Bottom