• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sonic Texture and Music Thread

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Should just replace the shy-guys with those flying badniks that were present in the stage. I think it was even a requirement in some places on Red Mountain that you had to kill them in a chain in order to get across a lava pit or a gorge.

Sorry, I'm not enough of a Sonic nerd to know the badniks names, but I'm sure you know what I'm talking about given the leads. :)

SuperGuzzi

Smash Journeyman
i kown them, but i can't find any pics of them, i need a gif, in order to "animate" them.
oh and i need opion for the color of the floor and the platform:
This one?

Or maybe this one?

I don't know if any of you remember that base, i hope you do.(maybe the floor should be more dark)

But tellme wichone is better for the color of the floor and the Platform

Kupo Rose

It's what my cutie mark is telling me ♫
I'd say the second the one.

*idea* What about the floor of the first picture

But have the platform of the second picture?

SuperGuzzi

Smash Journeyman
i was thinking in that too, so here is it:

but what should i do wiht the flower and grass and the rest of things? i can just delete but thats no good for me

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Just put it on hold until you can find what you need. I'm not exactly sure where you can find a GIF image of those badniks unless you can make them yourself.

The flowers will take some creative thinking to fix. I'm not sure what you could use from Red Mountain besides the obvious cliff, but there are enough of them in the background, and-

*Snap.*

Bingo!

What about those Pulleys/launch pads in the level that swing Sonic up to a higher altitude/different place? Can that be done?

SuperGuzzi

Smash Journeyman
there isn't any like that but black wiht spikes? one of them was in red mountain, (sorry i don't konw badnick names XD)

Kupo Rose

there isn't any like that but black wiht spikes? one of them was in red mountain, (sorry i don't konw badnick names XD)
This one?

or these guys?

but what should i do wiht the flower and grass and the rest of things? i can just delete but thats no good for me
How about replacing them with those green n' yellow pipes?

And actually, after looking at Red Mountain again. The floor on the second picture looks more accurate. Can you make it a little bit more darker though? (Or is that just the stage lighting affecting it?)

Lol, dunno if you can put him over Shy-Guy

/hadtowaitagesforyoutubetoloadfffffffffffff

SuperGuzzi

Smash Journeyman
well, about the floor, i'll try, about the pipes, i only have the textures, but i can try, and for the badnick, i need a good pic, but i preffer an icon from E104 Epsilon (actually it can be of gamma, and i can recolor it)

Kupo Rose

well, about the floor, i'll try, about the pipes, i only have the textures, but i can try, and for the badnick, i need a good pic, but i preffer an icon from E104 Epsilon (actually it can be of gamma, and i can recolor it)
Does it have to be an animated gif of E104 Epsilon or does it just need to be in a gif format?

SuperGuzzi

Smash Journeyman
Does it have to be an animated gif of E104 Epsilon or does it just need to be in a gif format?
well if is animated is better, shy guys have 4 textures, to animate them, if only you have one, it will be static,(the fromat doesn't matter)

Edit: what about this floor?

Edit edit: i found something for the shyguys and the birds:

Also there is that fire badnik wiht teh four fireballs here:

but the shyguys image is small ans rectangular, and i can't recise it (big image or big scale in the model don't work) so i think that badnik shouldn't go in the shyguys place

Kupo Rose

My god, that's amazing!!

edit: The floor's perfect! Don't worry about the badnik lol, it was just a random suggestion.

SuperGuzzi

Smash Journeyman
Ok this Badnik will be the shyguy:

and Epsilon will be the bird

Both are animated.
there are Two birds, i'm thinking in delete one of them, because there is only one Epsilon

And for the leaf, i can reemplace it by rings, maybe some cloud with a piece of master esmerald, chomps can be the spiked ball, but htey have only two images to animate them, or thaey can be the hammer in red mountain.

Kupo Rose

Oh wow you did it. Niiiice.

Is Epsilon yor favourite E-100 series robots or somethin? Lol

there are Two birds, i'm thinking in delete one of them, because there is only one Epsilon
Maybe you can make one of the birds a Flicky instead?

SuperGuzzi

Smash Journeyman
Oh wow you did it. Niiiice.

Is Epsilon yor favourite E-100 series robots or somethin? Lol

Maybe you can make one of the birds a Flicky instead?
No, in red mountan (of course with gamma) you must destroy Epsilon, that's why he should be in this stage.

Edit:

Kupo Rose

In my dad's house lol.

Been looking for SADX for Gamecube. No luck so far. The PC version is the last resort <.<

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I love having a DC+SA1 and a GC+SADX.

The Dreamcast version of SA1 is much, much better on the DC than on the GC. No joke.

SuperGuzzi

Smash Journeyman
well i have my dreamcast with SA1 and SA:DX in my Wii,but i use the GC version, the dreamcast should reast a little XD

oh and i'll give a cookie to anyone who can bring ot me a good image with the light in Sonic adventure8 i eman the tikal' voice)

Tesh

Smash Hero
Kupo how do you do this exactly? I wanna make a bunch of madworld textures and a sketch turner (guy in my avatar) texture for captain falcon.

Kupo Rose

Yeah rub it in my face guys

oh and i'll give a cookie to anyone who can bring ot me a good image with the light in Sonic adventure8 i eman the tikal' voice)
Are these what you're looking for? http://www.textures-resource.com/other_systems/SA/sheet/518

Kupo how do you do this exactly? I wanna make a bunch of madworld textures and a sketch turner (guy in my avatar) texture for captain falcon.
Errr the main thing I did was change the textures to black and white, then I messed around with the brightness/contrast tool. Afterwards, I play around with the effects in photoshop to see if it looks any nicer, lol. o.o

Pretty much it.

Tesh

Smash Hero
You're welcome kupo.

Now, any one have any idea for joshi island (brawl)? because, i like this stage but i don't see any very good texture.
i've tryed a Mad word one:

But the stage's lights changes my blacks and whites every time, and if i reemplace the Scene data(the .brres file that contains the lights) the stage frezzes.

So i was thinking in something like mystic ruins or red montain but if some have a god idea (from sonic if is possible) tellme about it, i just ned a really god texture for this stage.

PD: sorry for the question kupo, but are you a girl or a boy? XD
ooo gimmie.

EDit: Kupo, I don't know how to make textures at all. Do I download something or does it require something I must buy?

Tesh

Smash Hero
Oh I already had BrawlBox (for looping music), didn't realize it was THIS simple tojust edit the picture and thus editting the texture.

I didnt know u could edit the spindashing texture (ball form) w/o editting the whole body so i made madworld sonic have color on spin attacks.

So are you saying each texture is just half of sonic and the game will mirror it?

Edit: I need a good, free picture editing program because paint is just awful, (seems like it does less now than when i was a kid)

Kupo Rose

So are you saying each texture is just half of sonic and the game will mirror it?

Edit: I need a good, free picture editing program because paint is just awful, (seems like it does less now than when i was a kid)
Yeah. Once you open Sonic's texture file, you'll know what I'm talking about.

Get Paint.NET (it's free), I use it more often then I use Photoshop lol.

Tesh

Smash Hero
ah cool, for the ball form texture, how does the game turn it into a sphere? I tried coloring it was various lines to figure out how to make the sphere display a letter, but its confusing

Kupo Rose

ah cool, for the ball form texture, how does the game turn it into a sphere? I tried coloring it was various lines to figure out how to make the sphere display a letter, but its confusing
I don't really know how to answer this, but ehh... I'll show an example.

FitSonicSphere in Brawlbox

What it'll look like in-game

Alternatively you can edit the shine in his spindash form. The file you'll want to edit to do that would be the FitSonicEnv04

Tesh

Smash Hero
I guess that answers my question. I was hopinh to put a letter right in the middle. I think it may help me to draw a circle there and get an M onto my madworld sonic.

Kupo Rose

Lol what the heck Guzzi. You finished this so quickly!!

I'm not so sure about those rings. Might just be me though. Dunno what others think.

Awesoommmmme stage!

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
It is very difficult to tell what the actual stage is, and what is just background. I know that for the sake of canon it should look all rocky and stuff, but if this is to see any use in competitive play there has to be contrasts.

... Especially considering that walljumping has saved me dozens upon dozens of lives with Sonic.

If you can fix that, I have myself a New YI:B texture.

SuperGuzzi

Smash Journeyman
It is very difficult to tell what the actual stage is, and what is just background. I know that for the sake of canon it should look all rocky and stuff, but if this is to see any use in competitive play there has to be contrasts.

... Especially considering that walljumping has saved me dozens upon dozens of lives with Sonic.

If you can fix that, I have myself a New YI:B texture.
Oh i was forbidden do the walls walljumpeable, i always use that with sonic XD, download the file again, i changed it to the verison with wall jupeable low wall, and aboute the contrast, it's look better in game, you will like when you play it

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Oh i was forbidden do the walls walljumpeable, i always use that with sonic XD, download the file again, i changed it to the verison with wall jupeable low wall
;~;

Now please tell me that the only changes that come with this texture are cosmetic.

Even though my scene's community is dead, I would like to preserve this game's engine as close to 100% as I possibly can. This way I can duplicate something if it happens, or other people can replicate it in the off chance that I record something and upload onto Youtube.

People gotta see me/Sonic in "true colors," if you get my drift.

SuperGuzzi

Smash Journeyman
well only the low part now is wall jumpeable, the rest is the same, like the original Yoshi Island

Top Bottom