• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sonic Simple Questions Thread

Umby

Smash Master
Because apparently we need one of these too, when stickies just don't appear on anyone's screen. *facepalm*

Ask questions about Sonic here.

Browny

Smash Hater
why do i do better with sonic against G&W, toon link, wolf, marth that i do with any other character?
omg rhetorical question

Umby

Smash Master
:laugh:

Glaceon > Espeon > Umbreon > Vaporeon > Jolteon > Leafeon > Flareon

By Royal Decree of King Dedede. 'tis true.

My question: Why did Daddy leave? :(
Umbreon > Vaporeon > Espeon > Jolteon > Flareon

4th gen Pokemon are not part of the equation. That's why your daddy left.

Tenki

Smash Hero
in all honesty, this thread would be more effective if it were a "I think I found a Sonic Tech" thread lol.

Gangsta_inc

Smash Ace
NNID
Combo_Knight
Vaporeon>Umbreon>Jolteon>The rest
This. Right here. This.

But another thing...

Am I the only one that thinks Sonic's MG is coming to a halt?

I mean we are finding these new things but nothing that can be put to use....

Or maybe that's me.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
actually i think youre very wrong, we maybe running the well dry when it comes to new sonic techs, but lets be honest have you ever seen someone incorporate every single advanced sonic tech into their game? cause i know i havent, because if we had, sonic would be in the same breath as the ice climbers, because the perfect sonic would be able to gimp every single char off the stage with the perfect move for every situation.

even the 1 sonic that is winning tourneys isnt even gimping ppl off the stage, as far as i cna tell, he gets all of his kills with spaced f-smashes

TwinkleToes

Smash Lord
We should change the name of the thread to simple pleasures :O Seeing as no one is actually asking anything xD

BTW, actual question, I know Snake users sometimes use the mortar slide in two parts, the dash attack and the up smash, but can Sonic do the same or does the dash get canceled too fast? I haven't tried comboing anyone with it so I don't know...

memphischains

Smash hhkj'
how long has this game been out?
* watches you think to yourself *

EXACTLY
how the hell can his meta-game stop developing when it barely started

Gangsta_inc

Smash Ace
NNID
Combo_Knight
how long has this game been out?
* watches you think to yourself *

EXACTLY
how the hell can his meta-game stop developing when it barely started
But think of it this way... what If these techs, are the best think we have? People are gonna start wising up Sooner or later right?

It only takes one time to understand fire burns. Maybe I'm just some kind of Super-pes. or something. cause it feels like time is just dwindling before someone wises.

Tenki

Smash Hero
^lol

@GI
Anyway, there's no point in having a bunch of techs that we can't implement correctly in game.

Heck, there are still people having trouble with Homing Attack, and from the looks of it, we don't have the "use spindash - NOW!" situations perfectly known yet - we kinda just... use it when we want to. Anyway, assuming that you're right and there's nothing more to learn with Sonic (EG, the "Ike situation"), we should at least be adept with using the special moves. ASC>Shield was superspecialawesome when it first came out to the public eye but if you keep spamming it, there's like.. no point to it.

Really, from most vids I've seen, and from some comments elsewhere, we even forget to use certain techs, or we don't find situations to use them in (like shield cancel charge, or SDJ/Charge jump)

Besides. If you really want to master something, go master the perfect combo :[

Gangsta_inc

Smash Ace
NNID
Combo_Knight
^lol

@GI
Anyway, there's no point in having a bunch of techs that we can't implement correctly in game.

Heck, there are still people having trouble with Homing Attack, and from the looks of it, we don't have the "use spindash - NOW!" situations perfectly known yet - we kinda just... use it when we want to. Anyway, assuming that you're right and there's nothing more to learn with Sonic (EG, the "Ike situation"), we should at least be adept with using the special moves. ASC>Shield was superspecialawesome when it first came out to the public eye but if you keep spamming it, there's like.. no point to it.

Really, from most vids I've seen, and from some comments elsewhere, we even forget to use certain techs, or we don't find situations to use them in (like shield cancel charge, or SDJ/Charge jump)

Besides. If you really want to master something, go master the perfect combo :[
Someday.....someday.

Umby

Smash Master
We should change the name of the thread to simple pleasures :O Seeing as no one is actually asking anything xD

BTW, actual question, I know Snake users sometimes use the mortar slide in two parts, the dash attack and the up smash, but can Sonic do the same or does the dash get canceled too fast? I haven't tried comboing anyone with it so I don't know...
I've been trying to pull it off myself, though I've been unsuccessful. Theoretically it should work IMO.

Browny

Smash Hater
sonics dash cancelled usmash is extremely difficult. i can do snake and links about 9/10 times, but sonic ill be lucky if i can do it 1/20, the timing is insanely difficult

Tenki

Smash Hero

No, there's no Dash>u-smash combo with Sonic. There's almost no leeway for delay in Sonic's DAC to be able to pull off a 'contact' slide.

The button presses are basically simultaneous.

PS@Boxob
wow. I don't remember the lag being that bad the last time we played D:

Boxob

Smash Champion
No, there's no Dash>u-smash combo with Sonic. There's almost no leeway for delay in Sonic's DAC to be able to pull off a 'contact' slide.

The button presses are basically simultaneous.

PS@Boxob
wow. I don't remember the lag being that bad the last time we played D:
I know D:

It had to be from your side though, I played someone else laglessly right afterwards, I use a lan adapter, I can't even create lag.

Tenki

Smash Hero
I know D:

It had to be from your side though, I played someone else laglessly right afterwards, I use a lan adapter, I can't even create lag.
I restarted the router / modem and it was fine afterwards @.@;

ps, you should totally incorporate the moving crouch approach into your game.
..not lol

JiangWei23

Smash Journeyman
IMO Sonic's normal stutterstep (Running attack + Upsmash on C-stick) gives him quite a bit of distance as it is.

Tenki

Smash Hero
^hyphen smash?

there's a small difference between the two, but the DAC version keeps him moving, 'dragging' his usmash further than a normal hyphen smash would.

guess they have different uses. someone mentioned DAC being good to get past Wario's bite without having much of a startup dash.

JiangWei23

Smash Journeyman
Well, "Boo to You, Winnie the Pooh!"

:bee:

My word, I'm just whipping out the Disney references today. And the above is a real book, I read it when I was a kid.

So how do you successfully pull off the DAC hyphen smash? And is it consistently better than a normal hyphen smash in all situations?

Umby

Smash Master
Does Spinshot automatically catch items? I did it yesterday, vs a Diddy, but not sure if I habitually air dodged in the process.

Tenki

Smash Hero
I don't think so. Shoot, that'd be awesome vs Snake and Links ;3

Top Bottom