• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Sonic Says: Ultimate

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Worse than 06?

I loved Black Knight btw
Yes.

Again, I don't have an opinion on Black Knight itself, but it is a part of the "Storybook series" which I refused to support after Secret Rings. Same way I won't buy the Boom games because that's not the Sonic I want.

:093:

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
The show is great for what it is.

SonicMario

Smash Master
Yes.

Again, I don't have an opinion on Black Knight itself, but it is a part of the "Storybook series" which I refused to support after Secret Rings. Same way I won't buy the Boom games because that's not the Sonic I want.

Eh, Secret Rings is a guilty pleasure for me. It's a bad game I'm willing to admit that. But I love the Arabian Nights atmosphere of the game. Plus the Party Mode (While not perfect) puts Sonic Shuffle to shame (Even if that's not saying much)

There's no way in hell I'll say any Sonic game current and in the past is worse then 06 though.

KyroChao

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kyro_Keatonlabs
Sonic 4 episode 3, now with classic sonic dlc

In all seriousness the 25th anniversary game will probably make or break me in terms of being a sonic fan hah

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
I see.

This list looks pretty accurate. Perhaps a name or two missing though. I'm honored to have been recognized as I do feel I've earned it.

I'm not sure if it'd be my cup of tea.

I refuse to play it out of principle because Secret Rings is the worst Sonic game ever made.

Why do you say that?

:135:

SonicMario

Smash Master
Actually I must mention a tidbit regarding 06 & Secret Rings. Sonic 06 was originally going to be ported to the Wii but Sega couldn't do it (Considering how rushed the game was, it might of been EVEN WORSE if they had to spend a significant amount of time figuring out how to port it to the Wii). So instead they had the developers working on the Wii version work on an entirely new game and Sonic and the Secret Rings was born.

Now if motion controls in games are your #1 Pet Peeve then I can understand how you feel Secret Rings is bad even compared to the atrocity 06 is. (But unless you got it for just Brawl, then why did you get a Wii in the first place :V)

But I still find that the game ironically proved better as an overall product then Sonic 06 did even if Secret Rings was just a by-product of an attempt to port Sonic 06 to the Wii.

Sensane

Smash Lord
NNID
Rneophyte
Huh. I did not know that 06 was originally going to be ported to the wii. Am I in the wrong for wanting a rerelease with better design, less glitches, and all the promises that they didn't live up to like making Metal Sonic playable? Well, I probably already am in the wrong because I like the game period.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Eh, Secret Rings is a guilty pleasure for me. It's a bad game I'm willing to admit that. But I love the Arabian Nights atmosphere of the game. Plus the Party Mode (While not perfect) puts Sonic Shuffle to shame (Even if that's not saying much)

There's no way in hell I'll say any Sonic game current and in the past is worse then 06 though.
We all have our vices, but I stand by Secret Rings being worse than 06. My favorite "bad" Sonic game is Sonic 3D Blast. I know it's bad, but I like it.
Now if motion controls in games are your #1 Pet Peeve then I can understand how you feel Secret Rings is bad even compared to the atrocity 06 is. (But unless you got it for just Brawl, then why did you get a Wii in the first place :V)

But I still find that the game ironically proved better as an overall product then Sonic 06 did even if Secret Rings was just a by-product of an attempt to port Sonic 06 to the Wii.
Nah, it's more than just the motion controls.
Why do you say that?

Why do I say Secret Rings is worse than 06 or why do I think Dr. Who isn't my speed?

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Sonic loses to Yoshi now, imo.

Sensane

Smash Lord
NNID
Rneophyte
Yeah I see that happening. Yoshi is one annoying little pest. I love him but I detest fighting against a Yoshi main. I can never get around egg camping. That and he spends WAY too much time in the air. At least we have the decency to stay on the ground when we can.

jordanm43444

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Jordanm43444
I mean, most of our MUs are patient fests due to the nature of our character, its dumb but whats done needs to be done.

I still need to crack the Yoshi MU though but everytime I fight PidgeY (Best Scottish Yoshi) I feel like im getting closer everytime, even taking him to last stock last hit both games last time I fought him.

Its gonna feel so good when I finally a take a set after 2 years of being bodied by this guy ;-;

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Yoshi wins the patient game, though.

True Blue

Smash Lord
Never seen you here, but I'm kinda new.

I also just watched that old doubles tournament with hip ESAM and you and ryo....
Yea for a bit I kinda gave up on SmashBoards and only used Twitter, Facebook and Skype to be in contact with people. But decided to give SmashBoards another go.
I'm a Late Brawl Boy. lol. The Sonic Main mainly known for his outrageous shirts at Nationals.

Maybe one day I can mass produced them without getting sued. lol

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Holy fudge what is this world! AND I WANT TEXT! Lol
(I have returned! Let's see for how long. lol)
Hey there~
Brawl is underrated.

Sonic didn't get as much hate in Brawl

:187:
Sonic was still hated.

But he was just an underdog.

Now that he's top tier though, people can justify their anger so the hate is amplified. That's all.

If you complained about Sonic before, you were just bad or salty.

Now, it's like, yeah, Sonic's broken omg wtf.
Kind of both now that you ask. I could probably guess why with the former but not the latter

I'm not super into Sci-Fi stuff.

Secret Rings was a disappointment for so many reasons to me and I'm too tired to go into it.
Eventually i'll make it onto that list....once people know who I am :/
You and True are both on the notable list on the wiki.

But tbh, a lot of this outside of the absolute top players is sort of a circle jerk, so don't take it too personally. I'm not even too sure how up to date this is.

We just have to keep putting in work is all. I think I just happened to have done really well at a couple monthlies recently which has helped me.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
This is really cool.

http://smashboards.com/threads/nota...-period-august-dec-2015-north-america.425608/

View attachment 90180

Let's keep putting in work! I'm going to earn that larger text.

Wonf is worthy to be somewhere on that list.
Why does mexican tournament exposure suck so much?
UGH

Yea for a bit I kinda gave up on SmashBoards and only used Twitter, Facebook and Skype to be in contact with people. But decided to give SmashBoards another go.
I'm a Late Brawl Boy. lol. The Sonic Main mainly known for his outrageous shirts at Nationals.

Maybe one day I can mass produced them without getting sued. lol
I do remember you for being Ryo's partner tho.
:196:

Last edited:

True Blue

Smash Lord
Hey there~

Secret Rings was a disappointment for so many reasons to me and I'm too tired to go into it.

My issue with Secret Rings was the controls but I liked the cinematic and 06 was cool to me but I hated the loading screens.

I do remember you for being Ryo's partner tho.
Yea most people do. Anything was better than nothing. Honestly I was the goofy guy that always made Ryo uncomfortable in a funny way. Lmao.

True Blue

Smash Lord
Thanks myan, Sunset became my favorite. Especially after that second movie. Gave me all the feels for her cause of her intentions and junk. lol
Like everytime I feel like I let down my Doubles Partner at a national.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Hey there~

Sonic was still hated.

But he was just an underdog.

Now that he's top tier though, people can justify their anger so the hate is amplified. That's all.

If you complained about Sonic before, you were just bad or salty.

Now, it's like, yeah, Sonic's broken omg wtf.

But tbh, a lot of this outside of the absolute top players is sort of a circle jerk, so don't take it too personally. I'm not even too sure how up to date this is.

We just have to keep putting in work is all. I think I just happened to have done really well at a couple monthlies recently which has helped me.

Oh, okay. That's fair enough. I was going to say if you thought it was childish or something smh

Yeah, I can get a bit of a picture from what u have said already

jordanm43444

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Jordanm43444
Where did 2015 go?

I want my year back.

For real though this has been a ****ing crazy year for me, went to my first major FGC tourney and everything.

Sensane

Smash Lord
NNID
Rneophyte
Where did 2015 go?

I want my year back.

For real though this has been a ****ing crazy year for me, went to my first major FGC tourney and everything.
Really I just want 2015 to end asap. Being 17 sucks. The only good thing is that I'm now legally aloud to watch R rated movies, but my parents can't let me live for their lives despite the fact that they have three kids done with college and another one in college for her freshman year. I can't wait til I leave my home.

Last edited:

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Wonf is worthy to be somewhere on that list.
Why does mexican tournament exposure suck so much?
UGH

He's included on the wiki.
My issue with Secret Rings was the controls but I liked the cinematic and 06 was cool to me but I hated the loading screens.
Some of the cutscenes are cool and stuff, and I like the Darkspine design, but the game was just bad.

Spitfire16

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Spitfire94
Happy New Year, blur enthusiasts. May we continue to Let the Speed Mend It as we Live Life, Free to be who we are with the joy's of living providing all the Endless Possibilities we need to be So Much More...hoping I get to Open my Heart more to most of you peeps here, I learned a hell of a lot because of my time here, as a player, and I'm grateful for how far I've come in a game I really enjoy. Maybe I'll be solo tournament viable one day but I'm more passionate about doubles, but hey, Live&Learn, right? I might make it, I always Reach for the Stars when I try and put my mind to it.

Let's see more Sonic games Sonic Team. I'm tired of waiting.

Last edited:
Top Bottom