• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Sonic Says: Ultimate

Syndralix

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Syndralix
I probably put more work into this than it deserved, but here it is! My live reaction to yesterday's big announcements.

CryoGX

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CryoGX
Really hyped up for Bayonetta. Think I might have a tertiary main. (Couldn't ever stay with ZSS or Shiek). Flashy, fast, great personality, yep. Similar reason why I love Sonic so much (albeit Sonic was the first game character I got to know so he's on a tier of his own)

But really, the real hype of that direct yesterday was mah main man Knuckles. He didn't even chuckle. Didn't even give you a chance to up your buckle. He just busted in while we were all snuggled and went like

"KNUCK KNUCK IT'S KNOCKLES"

It's safe to say I'm satisfied for the year.

Last edited:

Gregory2590

Smash Journeyman
NNID
phireblast
when will the cloud fotm end

he's so boring to fight even when the player is competent

is this how people feel about fighting sonic

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
So, a year of modding for Camalange Camalange ?

Congrats.

On an other subject, what do you guys think will happen with the Cloud v Sonic match Up? I know it's early days, but I am curious to hear what you guys have to say.

:135:

Syndralix

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Syndralix
On an other subject, what do you guys think will happen with the Cloud v Sonic match Up? I know it's early days, but I am curious to hear what you guys have to say.

Cloud has a projectile, an easy version of extended dash dancing, good shield pressure, great option coverage, and a number of auto-cancelling aerials. This makes him a pretty good waller.

HOWEVER. Sonic has superior frame data, mindgames up the wazoo, a great punish game, several reliable kill options, and offstage gimps for days. I think Sonic wins this one, but he definitely has to work for it.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Cloud has a projectile, an easy version of extended dash dancing, good shield pressure, great option coverage, and a number of auto-cancelling aerials. This makes him a pretty good waller.

HOWEVER. Sonic has superior frame data, mindgames up the wazoo, a great punish game, several reliable kill options, and offstage gimps for days. I think Sonic wins this one, but he definitely has to work for it.
Whoa, that's a good analysis. So Sonic might just have the advantage in this match up. I guess it helps that Cloud has a very hard time recovering with Limit Break.

Wait, Sonic reliable kill options? I thought he didn't have very many if any?

Syndralix

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Syndralix
Wait, Sonic reliable kill options? I thought he didn't have very many if any?
FSmash, USmash, Bair, Uair, offstage Fair, and Dair spike. It's all about setups and reads. And don't forget the spring gimps; even trying to avoid a well-placed falling spring can ruin Cloud's recovery if his Limit Break isn't charged.

Luig

Confused
If you get Cloud offstage, he's dead.
He has one of the top 5 worst recoveries in the game.
Even with limit break, a spring still stops him in his tracks.

Is this the double post page or something?

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
FSmash, USmash, Bair, Uair, offstage Fair, and Dair spike. It's all about setups and reads. And don't forget the spring gimps; even trying to avoid a well-placed falling spring can ruin Cloud's recovery if his Limit Break isn't charged.
Whoops, thought I read kill set ups, not kill moves. My bad.

If you get Cloud offstage, he's dead.
He has one of the top 5 worst recoveries in the game.
Even with limit break, a spring still stops him in his tracks.

Is this the double post page or something?

Wait, top 5? Who are the others? (discluding Lil Mac)

Login_Sinker

Smash Journeyman
NNID
lagoniusmaximus
I'm going to my first big tournament on the 26th, and I'll be repping the blue blur as best I can. ESAM's gonna be there. Any advice on how I can stay mentally sharp? The tournament is going to last all day.

If anyone is interested in watching when the time comes, it will most likely be streamed here: http://www.twitch.tv/pcgamerzhawaii

The Revolutionary Cafe

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CafeRevolution
3DS FC
2766-9632-2051
Switch FC
5665-2697-0979
I'm going to my first big tournament on the 26th, and I'll be repping the blue blur as best I can. ESAM's gonna be there. Any advice on how I can stay mentally sharp? The tournament is going to last all day.

If anyone is interested in watching when the time comes, it will most likely be streamed here: http://www.twitch.tv/pcgamerzhawaii
Don't go in like "ESAM is gonna destroy me" because then you get destroyed and all the practice you put in is worthless go in with a optimistic mindset you likely won't win but you can at least do decent and prove your worth as a player.

Spitfire16

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Spitfire94
Randomly stepping away from tournament talk for a moment it kinda looks like I did Fair into Nair, it'd be cool if we could actually do that. 47->59% so gud

Last edited:

jordanm43444

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Jordanm43444

Make sure you stay hydrated well and eat plenty throughout the day. Playing smash for a long time can be exhausting, so take that into account.

Also make sure you wear plenty of deodorant and shenanigans to not make a bad impression

CryoGX

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CryoGX
It's been a year and I still haven't gotten off of my butt to try a tournament. T_T Moreso, I've gone from solo-maining Sonic to duo'ing Sonic/Kirby and might have a 3rd one in the mix, so I'm progressively getting rustier with him, especially since being home for the holidays takes me away from the university's WiiU, so I have to train on a 3DS.

New years resolution: Prioritize Sonic. Become fast once more. I'm still doing fine with Kirby, and even Cloud at this point, but it's shameful that it's my Sonic of all things that loses to CPUs the most >_< Is serious training on a 3DS even worth it, or should I just wait until I can access the WiiU again to really put my resolves into action?

though, are CPUs really accurate measurement of skill considering they don't have dynamic tactics and mindgames generally don't affect them?

Last edited:

Project SonicSpeed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SonicSpeed432
3DS FC
0000-0000-0000
CPUs read inputs so I'm not sure how good of an idea using them for practice actually is. After all it could make you worse at reacting to normal human habits once you become accustomed to their nearly flawless AI.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
When people say Sonic is lame remember this
There was a problem fetching the tweet
<3

Always feels good to bring style to this character.

I hate the stereotypes. So much misguidance.
Randomly stepping away from tournament talk for a moment it kinda looks like I did Fair into Nair, it'd be cool if we could actually do that. 47->59% so gud

You did a Fair, but Lucas' Up-B hit you during and you immediately Nair'd because of the low hitstun.

:093:

CryoGX

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CryoGX
I just discovered Heaven 4 days before Christmas.

There's a site that contains all of the Sonic comics.

I, I...I just can't right now

I'm obviously late to the party but I was seriously considering how to buy all the issues lol

Last edited:
Top Bottom