• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Sonic Says: Ultimate

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
I know, that's why I said it looked like I did and that it WOULD be cool IF we could actually do that :3
Ah, I thought you meant if we could do it consistently.

:093:

SonicMario

Smash Master
"Starting in April 2015 and ending in October of the same year, we collected approximately 1.8 million votes worldwide (after removing blatantly duplicated or repeated votes)."
(after removing blatantly duplicated or repeated votes)
Source

Basically, if any of you guys tried copy-pasting ballot votes for characters. They didn't count :V

Last edited:

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
All of my Bayonetta votes were different, I pretty much made up the text on the spot: sometimes short, sometimes dumb, sometimes essays. It seems like that paid off too.
:196:

hypersonicJD

Smash Journeyman
NNID
I don't have
3DS FC
2122-7467-7267
Merry christmas people! (Even though it isn't still christmas).

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Merry Christmas to y'all.

I already got some blue rodent swag

One of the pairs of socks is Sonic's shoes, another is literally just Eggman as socks

CryoGX

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CryoGX
Merry Christmas you guys!

I've got like 10 bucks left for steam, should I buy Sonic Adventure 2 Battle and relive my childhood for this day?

YoYoFantaFanta

Smash Apprentice
NNID
yoyofantafanta
3DS FC
4914-3889-8963
Merry Christmas you guys.

See you next week for the New Year's post.
Merry christmas people! (Even though it isn't still christmas).

One of the pairs of socks is Sonic's shoes, another is literally just Eggman as socks
Merry Christmas you guys!

I've got like 10 bucks left for steam, should I buy Sonic Adventure 2 Battle and relive my childhood for this day?
Merry Christmas Sonics! (Tho I had Christmas yesterday) I hope you are all enjoying it.

:135:
I don't celebrate Christmas, but have a good Christmas to those who do

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Hope everyone had a Merry Christmas who celebrated.

I got some Sonic swag as well, so I figured I'd share that.

CXFvj5HWYAAEcnt.jpg-large.jpeg

Not pictured is a Sonic shirt I got, as well as a Klonoa one. Just wanted to share the funny ones, though. The spines coming off the socks really sell it, imho.

I have those socks as well and they're amazing. Definitely worth it.

Sensane

Smash Lord
NNID
Rneophyte
I got two copies of the retro amiibo pack lol
image.jpeg

If my brother remembers to return this he said he'd let me exchange it for three other amiibos. BTW I named my ROB amiibo M2K. I hope other people get that joke.
I also got Xenoblade Chronicles X, Mario and Luigi Dream Team, and a Tales of Symphonia t-shirt.

Last edited:

Login_Sinker

Smash Journeyman
NNID
lagoniusmaximus
Sup guys. I'm back from my first big tournament (well technically I haven't flown home yet but whatever I got internet access now). It was so much fun. I don't think I've enjoyed myself this much in a long time. For the first time, I had the opportunity to play against so many good players offline (including ESAM)! I can happily say I didn't get double eliminated. I lost a set, won a set, and then lost one more to get knocked out. But I managed to at least take a game in each one of them. Also, two of my sets got streamed! If anyone is interested in giving feedback, you can find them here: http://www.twitch.tv/pcgamerzhawaii/v/31980734 at 1:22:00 and 00:53:50

Thanks for reading. I absolutely love Smash and its community*, and I'm definitely going to try and fly out to as many events as I can from now on.

*Except Anther's Ladder. **** them and their toxicity <3

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
I really need to watch more Dr. Who.
Do it!

You said it literally while we were discussing Sonic themed gifts we received, lol.

Yeah, my timing wasn't the best.

Though, maybe if I said I was a Whovian or something, this would have been avoided

Actually, have you ever watched Doctor Who before?

Also, on a side note, I did get a Sonic (Hedgehog) related gift too. It was Sonic and All Stars Racing Transformed

Last edited:

IvanQuote

Smash Ace
NNID
ivanquote
3DS FC
1693-3075-2999
So apparently a new Rio Olympic Game trailer was released, with an assortment of new characters this time. Adding characters from previous trailers, that makes 20 for both teams. I'll try to rival them up:

Mario-Sonic: Main Characters
Luigi-Shadow: Look-alikes
Peach-Amy: Love Interests
Daisy-Blaze: Secondary Princesses
Yoshi-Tails: Power-up Mounts
Wario-Vector: Greedy
Waluigi-Sticks: Whack-jobs
Bowser-Eggman: Main Villains
DK-Knuckles: Older Rivals
Bowser Jr-Metal Sonic: 2nd-in-command villains
Rosalina-Silver: Occult Powers
Diddy-Espio: Agile Understudies
Birdo-Rouge: Gem Enthusiasts
Dry Bones-Cream:???
Dry Bowser-Eggman Nega: Villain Recolors
Nabbit-Jet: Speedy Thieves
Ludwig-Zavok: Most Powerful of Their Groups
Wendy-Wave: Female Villains?
Larry-Zazz: Koopaling v Deadly Six
Roy-Omega: Cannon wielding powerhouses?

Extras:
Toad-Chao
Boom Boom-Egg Pawn

This probably could be improved upon. Thoughts?

Last edited:

SonicMario

Smash Master
So apparently a new Rio Olympic Game trailer was released, with an assortment of new characters this time. Adding characters from previous trailers, that makes 20 for both teams. I'll try to rival them up:

Luigi-Shadow: Look-alikes
Yoshi-Tails: Power-up Mounts
Wario-Vector: Greedy
Waluigi-Rouge: Purple
DK-Knuckles: Former Rivals
Rosalina-Silver: They were in a Death Battle I think?
Diddy-Espio: Agile Understudies
Birdo-Sticks:???
Dry Bones-Cream:???
Wendy-Wave:
Larry-Zazz:
Roy-Omega:

Extras:
Toad-Chao
Boom Boom-Egg Pawn

This probably could be improved upon. Thoughts?
I think even the games themselves have Luigi & Tails and Shadow & Wario as rivals (Also Rosalina and Silver did not have a death battle. There's only been Sonic Vs. Mario, Tails Vs. Luigi, and Knuckles Vs. Donkey Kong)

IvanQuote

Smash Ace
NNID
ivanquote
3DS FC
1693-3075-2999
I think even the games themselves have Luigi & Tails and Shadow & Wario as rivals (Also Rosalina and Silver did not have a death battle. There's only been Sonic Vs. Mario, Tails Vs. Luigi, and Knuckles Vs. Donkey Kong)
TBH, apart from Mario, Peach, Bowser, Bowser Jr, and Dry Bowser, most of these rivalries can be open to interpretation. I'll try a second one:

Luigi-Tails: Brother-figures
Yoshi-Knuckles: Darkhorse Ensembles who own Islands and lay eggs
Wario-Shadow: Darker Lookalike
Waluigi-Cream: Cheater v Politeness
DK-Vector: Kong v Kremling
Rosalina-Silver: Occult Powers
Diddy-Espio: Agile Understudies of Kong v Kremling
Birdo-Rouge: Gem Enthusiasts
Dry Bones-Sticks: Sticks with stones vs Bones? Also why are they in this game?
Wendy-Wave: Female Villains?
Larry-Zazz: First of the Evil Team?
Roy-Omega: Cannon wielding powerhouses?

Better, but Waluigi, Larry, Wendy, and Roy still have shoddy reasoning.

Last edited:

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
I have not seen Dr. Who, no.

Sensane

Smash Lord
NNID
Rneophyte
I like Anther's Ladder, lol. For me I like the community except for the people on For Glory. Or at least those for glory users (I've had it up to the heavens with them).

In all seriousness though, glad you had fun. I just got accepted into the Fort Wayne Area Smash Brothers Facebook group. Excited for the first tourney there when it starts.

Also Camalange Camalange I noticed that you're considered one of the notable players on Sonic's page on the smash wiki. Here's the link to find our for yourself. http://www.ssbwiki.com/Sonic_(SSB4)

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
So I got Sonic and the Black Knight for Christmas, never played it when it came out, not sure why. I think it's an alright game, definitely MUCH better then Secret Rings.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Also Camalange Camalange I noticed that you're considered one of the notable players on Sonic's page on the smash wiki. Here's the link to find our for yourself. http://www.ssbwiki.com/Sonic_(SSB4)
I see.

This list looks pretty accurate. Perhaps a name or two missing though. I'm honored to have been recognized as I do feel I've earned it.
U should watch it! Like, right now. It is amazing!!!

I'm not sure if it'd be my cup of tea.
So I got Sonic and the Black Knight for Christmas, never played it when it came out, not sure why. I think it's an alright game, definitely MUCH better then Secret Rings.
I refuse to play it out of principle because Secret Rings is the worst Sonic game ever made.

Sensane

Smash Lord
NNID
Rneophyte
Worse than 06?

I loved Black Knight btw
Give 06 credit for at least understanding the concepts of having Sonic responding to buttons, reasonable mechanics (minus the glitches), and moving in the direction you choose. With secret rings.....not so much.

Personally my least favorite Sonic game is Sonic Chronicles, which is also the worst rpg I've ever played. And the worst game I've ever played. Controls aren't that bad, but it's way too slow in multiple different ways (even by rpg standards), high-risk low reward action commands, a ******** story, and overall you know you've made a tedious game where Big the Cat of all people is more fun to play than most of the other characters. And by Martel's vessel the sound clips. In what dimension would they be passable for games-no, in media in this day and age. And don't get me started on the voice clips, if you can even call them that. And this is just opening the package as to how bad this game is.

Last edited:
Top Bottom