• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Sonic Says: Ultimate

SonicMario

Smash Master
I just want a Nintendo character to be announced as a newcomer for once. Ryu I can understand because Street Fighter and Mega Man are two completely different franchises. If we had a second Sonic representative, the game would automatically be thrown out of its prime directive of being a NINTENDO all star game. (Although yes, Ryu's already doing that)
I think we're likely done with 3rd Parties for Smash 4 myself. If there is one more, it's either Snake returning or Rayman

But I'm just thinking. We went from two in Brawl to FIVE in Smash 4. It's pretty clear 3rd Parties are becoming larger and larger a part of Smash. They'll still be the minority but I don't see Nintendo turning it's back on adding more and more the next time around. If the Nintendo purists are pissed off, fine, but they're the minority. Because most do get excited for a new non-Nintendo character making it. I don't think a 2nd Sonic rep coming in some day is as farfetch'd as it once was especially after Ryu and Cloud. I am not saying for certain Tails or anybody else is a strong possibility for tomorrow. I'm just keeping in mind that both Ryu and Cloud has "broke the limits" so to speak already. And it'll definitely affect the pool of characters that are possible for the next game.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
That was thrown out the window the second Snake appeared. All he ever had that was notable in anyway shape or form on Nintendo was Twin Snakes and even at that its just a remake of MGS1 using the MGS2 engine.
That was a "special case" since Kojima begged Sakurai to put Snake in Brawl.

It doesn't help the case for a second Sonic representative at all.

jordanm43444

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Jordanm43444
That was a "special case" since Kojima begged Sakurai to put Snake in Brawl.

It doesn't help the case for a second Sonic representative at all.
Im not saying it helps a 2nd sonic reps case. I quoted you calling it a Nintendo allstar game because simply put. Now its just wrong, Smash is a celebration of gaming. Not Nintendo.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Im not saying it helps a 2nd sonic reps case. I quoted you calling it a Nintendo allstar game because simply put. Now its just wrong, Smash is a celebration of gaming. Not Nintendo.
Oh now you're a Funnyman? Well I've got some news for you, Mr Funnyman! Sakurai had to drive it into people's heads a million times that the third party lineup in Smash is just a lineup of guests, not members of the family, so yes, it's still about Nintendo.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
It's still a primarily Nintendo-oriented crossover. The third-party characters are still a significant minority of the roster, so I don't see how Smash is now suddenly a celebration of gaming. for that to happen, we need like half the roster to be third-party characters or something.

SonicMario

Smash Master
Yeah we shouldn't kid ourselves, this is still mainly a Nintendo-based game. In terms of roster it was only about 3% of Brawl's and (as of right now) 8% in Smash 4. Still, a 5% increase is pretty big all-things considered for "guests". It will get bigger overtime. But so will the amount of Nintendo characters (Though I imagine Smash 5 may actually shrink the initial roster to leave alot left for DLC. Because asking any company to make a game with over 60 characters all at once is insane)

KyroChao

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kyro_Keatonlabs
Its a mainly nintendo based game but opposing a third party character makes you look toxic.

Even if its nintendo based, third parties still barely make up the roster. Its still a nintendo game. But think of it like this, its a nintendo based game, but nintendos console has other characters games on it. Its still nintendo based but third parties play a part in nintendos success. Hell nintendo needs more lmao

Luig

Confused
Ness: Check this out! I can move somebody from one shoulder to the other and it kills them! Top tier, here I come! Sonic: Check this out! I can grab somebody and do dozens of flips going backwards and it ki- wait, you mean it DOESN'T kill them anymore? It seems like Sega's treatment toward me is carrying over to Smash Bros.! Screw you, Sakurai!

Syndralix

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Syndralix
So, what are your character predictions for the last direct?
Take my predictions with a grain of salt, because at this point anything really is possible. But I feel very strongly that we'll be seeing two veterans alongside Cloud tomorrow. Here's my thoughts on who's possible:
  • Wolf: Almost guaranteed. I've seen more clamor for his return than anyone else's.
  • Snake: Big maybe. There's been a lot of recent kerfuffle with Konami and Kojima, so it's a tough legal obstacle.
  • Ice Climbers: Another big maybe, but for technical rather than legal reasons. They're definitely wanted though.
  • Squirtle & Ivysaur: Possible. Not a lot of demand for these guys, but giving them the Charizard treatment wouldn't be too hard, relatively speaking.
  • Young Link: Not likely. Toon Link hits the same niche but is far more distinguishable.
  • Pichu: Not a chance. He hasn't been relevant to the public consciousness since G&S's original release.

YoYoFantaFanta

Smash Apprentice
NNID
yoyofantafanta
3DS FC
4914-3889-8963
Take my predictions with a grain of salt, because at this point anything really is possible. But I feel very strongly that we'll be seeing two veterans alongside Cloud tomorrow. Here's my thoughts on who's possible:
  • Wolf: Almost guaranteed. I've seen more clamor for his return than anyone else's.
  • Snake: Big maybe. There's been a lot of recent kerfuffle with Konami and Kojima, so it's a tough legal obstacle.
  • Ice Climbers: Another big maybe, but for technical rather than legal reasons. They're definitely wanted though.
  • Squirtle & Ivysaur: Possible. Not a lot of demand for these guys, but giving them the Charizard treatment wouldn't be too hard, relatively speaking.
  • Young Link: Not likely. Toon Link hits the same niche but is far more distinguishable.
  • Pichu: Not a chance. He hasn't been relevant to the public consciousness since G&S's original release.
I'm the only one who wants Squirtle and Ivysaur.

Also, to all of the people who are saying that the last 3rd party will be Rayman or Snake, you're forgetting someone way cooler and closer to nintendo.

Simon Belmont.

*drops mic*

Superbat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Superbat3
Next year is sonic's 25th anniversary. I'm hoping/praying that we get a sonic related announcement that's not another terribad game like sonic boom. The only noteworthy sonic game coming out 2016 is fire and ice and its looking mediocre at best :(
Calling snake tomorrow.

Last edited:

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
It's been a year since I became a moderator.

What a year it has been.

I want to thank you all for your contributions and visiting. You all make this place what it is. A special big thanks to @Sonic Orochi, Rucent Rucent , @The_Paradiddler, and Kupo Rose Kupo Rose for their silent work ethic and dedication to the stickied threads. I'd be a mess without you guys.

:093:

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
I wish I remember when I became a mod.
Ohwell, one date less to remember.
:196:

Syndralix

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Syndralix
I've noticed something about myself on For Glory: the longer I play, the worse I get. I think it's because of exhaustion; Smash is hard work. =P
It's been a year since I became a moderator.

What a year it has been.

I want to thank you all for your contributions and visiting. You all make this place what it is. A special big thanks to @Sonic Orochi, Rucent Rucent , @The_Paradiddler, and Kupo Rose Kupo Rose for their silent work ethic and dedication to the stickied threads. I'd be a mess without you guys.

Congratulations! And by the way, you're definitely part of the reason this place is so fun. Wear your Haunter with pride.

Rucent

Only strive for first place.
Thank you Camalange-Senpai! Along with everyone else! I wouldn't be able to help out as much as I did without you all! :D You're the best mod & backroomer I know!

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
I wish I remember when I became a mod.
Ohwell, one date less to remember.
:196:
I think for me it was technically Saturday, but I've been to busy to post about it, lol.
Congratulations! And by the way, you're definitely part of the reason this place is so fun. Wear your Haunter with pride.

Thank you! Glad you're enjoying yourself.
Congrats Camalange Camalange , from what ive sern your undoubtedly my favorite mod
Thanks so much!
Cammy, you're a great mod!
You even gave a unique message on my first day!

When I got an infraction.....

lol.
Thank you, and don't mention it! Any time ;)

You had to learn some how. I try to at least explain and not just be an automated infraction-giving machine.
Thank you Camalange-Senpai! Along with everyone else! I wouldn't be able to help out as much as I did without you all! :D You're the best mod & backroomer I know!
Thanks, and thank you, man! I was at a loss for a while with the stickies so having people like you manage them with me makes this place tick. There's no way I could (or would even want to) solo all these projects myself.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
CWTSFF9XAAI_iZ-.png-large.png
CWTR0hlWwAAlzKu.png-large.png

Perfection.

I actually really like the crossover graphic. I might work it into my guide or something...

Syndralix

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Syndralix
I lost my mind when Bayonetta was revealed. I even recorded my reaction! Video coming soon. =P

jordanm43444

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Jordanm43444
Bayonetta trailer starts:
"Be careful Pit another challanger comes!"
OH REALLY ANOTHER KI REP WOOPY FRICKIN DO
*almost hits alt+f4*
"Oh? An angel? Must have missed one..."
*Jaw immedietley drops and screams for the next 10 minutes.*

KyroChao

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kyro_Keatonlabs
I thought it was KI at first but i mean i'd actually like that too lmao.

But bayonetta being the pick instead is glorious

DiSQO_BuNNY

Smash Lord
NNID
DisqoBunny
Knuckles costume is lol.

Corrin is hype.
Bayo is hype.
Im glad we got a couple more characters with combo mechanics in their design. Its really driving the fighting game feel for smash imo

The Revolutionary Cafe

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CafeRevolution
3DS FC
2766-9632-2051
Switch FC
5665-2697-0979
I've no clue how they got away with Bayonetta in an E+10 game.
A lot of people seem to forget the part of most esrb ratings that say "Online interactions not rated by the esrb" which granted aplies more to the things you'll hear in online voice chat but still can link to DLC. And to be honest she's only slightly worse than ZSS.

IvanQuote

Smash Ace
NNID
ivanquote
3DS FC
1693-3075-2999
A lot of people seem to forget the part of most esrb ratings that say "Online interactions not rated by the esrb" which granted aplies more to the things you'll hear in online voice chat but still can link to DLC. And to be honest she's only slightly worse than ZSS.
I assumed it applied to the chat aspect only and thought that DLC had to be rated the the same as the game in question, or else there would be no law against, say a Winnie the Pooh teaches Spelling game with "hot coffee" DLC.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to scrub that image out of my brain.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Uh, ESRB definitely applies to DLC.

Top Bottom