• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Sonic Says: Ultimate

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
4kids took giant ****s on everything they worked on.

Especially One Piece...

Thank god they went out of business.

:093:

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Somehow related to the thread's name
:196:

Edit: and this one is way better

Last edited:

IvanQuote

Smash Ace
NNID
ivanquote
3DS FC
1693-3075-2999
The Mettarex Saga was my personal favorite, but that may be because I'm not a big fan of Chris Thorndyke in the HouseTM and I ship Taismo up to the moon.

Some of the changes that 4Kids made to that Saga are just bizarre, Molly's death for one. They kept the dialogue saying she'll fight back and not run away, but she then just...flys away. This then presented a plot hole at the stinger where it is revealed Shadow is alive at her makeshift grave, but since she's not dead...they kill off fan favorite Shadow. Then with Cosmo, she still dies but she says her "seeds will spread across the galaxy", which means Tails...

Speaking of Tails, the execution scene was sad in both cases, but the Japanese version was downright tragic and overall much better, especially the little falling out with Sonic. *sniff*

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Twitch VODs are brutal... These won't load for me. I'll try again later. Only one I got to see was the Little Mac set-up which was pretty dope, lmao.
Somehow related to the thread's name
:196:

Edit: and this one is way better

IvanQuote

Smash Ace
NNID
ivanquote
3DS FC
1693-3075-2999
According to one episode of Sonic Dissected (probably contains profanity) it is theorized the reason Chris took up so much screen time and wasn't so enjoyed in the west is due to West v East cultural differences. In the East, human looking characters tend to be more well liked from a design standpoint, especially for females, therefore they become the main cast most of the time. That's why in Japan you'd be more likely to find a human avatar taking an all encompassing role (Chris, Elise, the Doraemon anime, etc), more fan art of humans (Pokémon humans, as well as Pokémon turned into humans), the truckload of anime that takes place in a high school, and more human characters for teenage audiences (compare the casts of Eastern-Project X Zone and Western-Sonic Allstars Racing Transformed).

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Oh come on. They may be fake, but Paper Mario in Smash would be GREAT!

aldelaro5 aldelaro5
......dude, i have no doubts on how fake the leak is.

Ironically, to me, the Paper Mario render is jsut screaming fakes for multiple reasons. First, there's a lot of graphical issues (some being the black outlines near the mustaches are too thick, the trace on the hammer is wrong and the M placement on the cap). Second, notice that his feet are likely pointing down, this is normally the pose he woudl do when he is ABOUT to hammer, not DURING the hammering and nor AFTER. if you think about it logically, that means he woudl have to not move his feet at all during the hammering which would look way too odd.

tbh, I never saw the likely art of that before, but it felt weird on the very first second, mainly because of the second point I jsut mentioned.

Even @Rockaphin told me it was bad and I know he wants Paper Mario in ssb a lot :)

Though, one thing I will agree on, the fact that this leak was talked in the general char thread showed to me how much people are somtime trying to not like Paper Mario. I still see arguments that honestly, I coudl just refer to paper jam and litterally counter every single one of them with the only exception being the risk of overkilling the franchise from Sakurai perspective, but that argument is alreayd legit to begin with.

idk man, but I do find silly that peopel think paper Mario would generate no hype, check the now defunct support thread when the stage got announced, you'll tell me later lol.

jordanm43444

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Jordanm43444
The main issue with Paper Mario if he got in (to me at least) is that would literally be 3 Marios in the game (clones or not) when id much rather have other characters in.

Id welcome anyone at this point since my dreams are pretty much dead but Paper Mario is really low on my "Yea I can maybe like this charcater" list.

KyroChao

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kyro_Keatonlabs
I'd like paper mario but yeah 3 mario's is a bit much.

Also on the 4kids topic, something that pisses me off is that in the end of the sa2 ark, they use the Last Scene track from sa2 in the japanese version, but 4kids cut it out. I understand licensing and all that junk but they should have just bought the rights to use it rather than making their own track. That poece is honestly on of my favorite pieces of music so its exclusion by 4kids is just ugh.

And chris is garbage.

Sonic Orochi

Smash Ace
So, what are your character predictions for the last direct?

I'm thinking Wolf + one more that's just gonna be announced and will only be released during next year's Q1 (B&K or Rayman).

All I wanted was Phoenix Wright but I know that's just wishful thinking.

Gonna love the Shovel Knight's, Shantae's, Snake's and Sora's supporters' tears, though.

Last edited:

SonicMario

Smash Master
There's at least two left. So I'd say Wolf will definitely be one of them but the other is going to be a complete toss-up. If it's first party, I could easily see Inkings or K. Rool coming in but a dark horse could pop up too. If it's 3rd Party I'd say either Snake or Rayman comes in (Maaaaaayyybeeee Banjo. It'd be so amusing to have Cloud who's more famous for being on Sony systems and then Banjo who's owned by Microsoft)

The Revolutionary Cafe

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CafeRevolution
3DS FC
2766-9632-2051
Switch FC
5665-2697-0979
I honestly want Knuckles but that's like not gonna happen. Realistically I see Banjo, Shovel Knight, a random veteran, and/or Inklings.

SonicMario

Smash Master
I'd love Tails really, but I don't expect any 2nd Sonic Rep to possibly happen til' Smash 5 (3rd Parties have become much bigger and will likely be even bigger next game, and I think the Sonic franchise is the one who has the right stuff to be the first 3rd Party franchise with multiple reps eventually. It's certainly more likely then anything else under Sega's ownership (Even Bayonetta or an ATLUS franchise)

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
I'd love Tails really, but I don't expect any 2nd Sonic Rep to possibly happen til' Smash 5 (3rd Parties have become much bigger and will likely be even bigger next game, and I think the Sonic franchise is the one who has the right stuff to be the first 3rd Party franchise with multiple reps eventually. It's certainly more likely then anything else under Sega's ownership (Even Bayonetta or an ATLUS franchise)
Dude, a second Sonic rep ever happening is anything BUT possible

Last edited:

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
I never really cared for ATLUS until the first time I saw the trailer for SMT X Fire Emblem back in the April Direct. If we get an ATLUS rep, hopefully it's Itsuki or Tsubasa

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Who doesn't love Atlus tbh
I feel like they go unnoticed, but they hit the niche and loyal market so hard.

I was first aware of them because of Catherine, which is now one of my top 5 games of all time.

Sega acquiring Atlus was like seeing your parents renew their vows, or something, idk. lmao

jordanm43444

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Jordanm43444
I feel like they go unnoticed, but they hit the niche and loyal market so hard.

I was first aware of them because of Catherine, which is now one of my top 5 games of all time.

Sega acquiring Atlus was like seeing your parents renew their vows, or something, idk. lmao

I mean, ive always been aware of Atlus but it wasnt until I played P4AU that I really got into a ATLUS game (about 30 hours into Persona 4 at this point)

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
"No 3rd Party company will get a 2nd Rep!"

:4ryu:

"The character has to be relevant to Nintendo!"

:4cloud:

Who really can say that whatever you have against a 2nd Sonic rep can't be broken too?
I just want a Nintendo character to be announced as a newcomer for once. Ryu I can understand because Street Fighter and Mega Man are two completely different franchises. If we had a second Sonic representative, the game would automatically be thrown out of its prime directive of being a NINTENDO all star game. (Although yes, Ryu's already doing that)

Top Bottom