• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Sonic Says: Ultimate

Sonic Orochi

Smash Ace
Bored so I made this

(I don't actually know if these are salt packets but I'm assuming they are)
(and no, I didn't drop the BSBS project yet. I'm just too busy with a lot of random crap lately)

Login_Sinker

Smash Journeyman
NNID
lagoniusmaximus
Anyone else been watching Umebura F.A.T.? Japan's best Sonic is putting in so much work. 2-0'd Ally and sent him to losers. 6WX has been avenged.

yope3041

Smash Rookie
NNID
soundofsilver1
Komokiriki was so crisp! I think the thing that impressed me most was his patience with his follow ups. There were times where it seemed like he wasn't missing a single attack he threw at his opponents.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Very true to the Japanese meta, Komorikiri has really crisp hit confirms into optimal damage output. I think what separates him from other Japanese Sonics though is his overall awareness. He's really good at avoiding bad situations while still creating better stage positioning for himself.

:093:

Luig

Confused
So, 8 or 9 days till the SMM patch.

I think its a balance patch, its been a while, and every patch we've had that adds a stage or character has been a balance patch.

:4myfriends: Prepare yourself.

ToonKake

So Animated
NNID
ToOn_Cake

I think its a balance patch, its been a while, and every patch we've had that adds a stage or character has been a balance patch.

i think theres gonna be Wayy more in the Patch Maybe were gonna find out the winner of the ballot before hand or a Direct by the 3rd... so who knows ? :)

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
Oh hi everyone :secretkpop:
There are no words for that level of BS.

the real BS past was the fact he fell out of it first hit. If the full super jump punch or even half of it connected it wouldn't have killed. I wonder if 6wx misjudged the situation and thought Uair was guaranteed even though mario was about 10% away from it having enough hitstun.

The only really disgusting part was someone put it in their top 10 plays for the tournament
Komokiriki was so crisp! I think the thing that impressed me most was his patience with his follow ups. There were times where it seemed like he wasn't missing a single attack he threw at his opponents.
I'm happy I wasn't the only one thinking of crisp when watching the kid

you know balance patches are always a mixed bag as someone who likes to play sonic and zelda

Damandatwin

Smash Apprentice
I'd be super pissed if we got nerfed again, especially if Sheik got no meaningful nerfs to soften the blow. I would say Sakurai is not dumb enough to do that, but then again that's exactly what happened last patch...

Also Komorikiri is so good, I'm learning a lot from watching his sets. In particular he is great at up throw combos (I never knew about upthrow to bair at very low %), he rarely spindashes into peoples' shield and is great at covering ledge get-up options. Only problem I'm really seeing is that he barely ever goes offstage to edgeguard (I don't think I've ever seen him go for the dair spike offstage).

Last edited:

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
I knew you could Uthrow > Bair at 0, but I didn't know how many characters it was guaranteed on.

You have to follow DI, which is why everyone goes for Uairs because it's the free percent.

After the Uthrow > Bair threshold, he almost always does DJ > Nair, which catches airdodges, so that's interesting, though I'm not sure if a late hit Nair will get you the percent that just doing a guaranteed Uair would.

I think Komorikiri is forcing us to acknowledge that we can be optimizing off our confirms better.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Nair works until around 50-60 based on weight and fall speed. Light hit nair does the same damage give or take then uair2. :applejack:

YoYoFantaFanta

Smash Apprentice
NNID
yoyofantafanta
3DS FC
4914-3889-8963
Holy crap, Komorikiri is great. I want to see more of his sets.

Do you guys think Sonic is even high tier anymore?

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Oh boy... Is character overhyping going to begin again instead of people just valuing the player's skill?

Syndralix

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Syndralix
Oh boy... Is character overhyping going to begin again instead of people just valuing the player's skill?

As long as Smash 4 doesn't have a pantheon like Melee, yes. Right now, ZeRo is the only "household name" on the scene. What we need is someone good enough to contest him with a character that isn't Sheik.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
As long as Smash 4 doesn't have a pantheon like Melee, yes. Right now, ZeRo is the only "household name" on the scene. What we need is someone good enough to contest him with a character that isn't Sheik.
I think Nairo is a household name now. Pretty dominantly the second best player.

Furret

Long Body Pokémon

I'd still like to see a sheik nerf either way, nothing big just cutting the unnecessary
such as removing the reappear hitbox on vanish

Last edited:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Hey Sanics

Just bought Lost World today. Haven't played it yet but will soon. Hopefully I will enjoy.

Also, who's this Komoirkiri? Could some one Link me a YouTube video to see the hype you are talking about.

Also I kind of hope Pit, Samus and Tink receive some buffs this patch. pit, it should be GO start up and hotbox increase/fix up, Samus.... Idk, any Samus players? And Tink, his Bair and Up B areial. okay, I can understand the cool down, but the ****ing landing lag?! Also, why does he no horizontal control on his Up B anymore?!

Also, I want Sheik's recovery nerf. She can go way to deep.

Damandatwin

Smash Apprentice
Last edited:

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
So what do you guys think about Sonic vs. ZSS still?

A lot of people in my scene are considering Sonic as possibly the second best character in the game now thanks to how Komorikiri demonstrated Sonic.

I still rank ZSS as second or third though.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
So what do you guys think about Sonic vs. ZSS still?

A lot of people in my scene are considering Sonic as possibly the second best character in the game now thanks to how Komorikiri demonstrated Sonic.

I still rank ZSS as second or third though.
Then a lot of people are stupid.

I still felt Komorikiri was at a disadvantage. Even when he beat that one ZSS, if people actually critically watched it and see how much work he put in to get the wins that he did in comparison to how easily ZSS could wrack up damage or kill Sonic when she had him where she wanted, then people wouldn't feel that way.

Instead, people just accept that one Uair string leads to death because ZSS but Sonic is just simply too fast and because one player did really well, he must be the second best character in the game.

Komorikiri outplayed all his opponents. Plus, Nairo still won rather confidently. Granted, Nairo is amazing, but that's probably the highest display of Sonic vs ZSS we've seen to date.

At the end of the day, we had two ZSS not just in top 8, but in top 3. One Sonic makes it in top 8 and places 2nd? Must be better than ZSS...

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Then a lot of people are stupid.

I still felt Komorikiri was at a disadvantage. Even when he beat that one ZSS, if people actually critically watched it and see how much work he put in to get the wins that he did in comparison to how easily ZSS could wrack up damage or kill Sonic when she had him where she wanted, then people wouldn't feel that way.

Instead, people just accept that one Uair string leads to death because ZSS but Sonic is just simply too fast and because one player did really well, he must be the second best character in the game.

Komorikiri outplayed all his opponents. Plus, Nairo still won rather confidently. Granted, Nairo is amazing, but that's probably the highest display of Sonic vs ZSS we've seen to date.

At the end of the day, we had two ZSS not just in top 8, but in top 3. One Sonic makes it in top 8 and places 2nd? Must be better than ZSS...

Thank you! I wanna say this but I'm a bit tired for it. And I'm taking a bit of a relaxing break from Smash (not long, just enough to come back stronger. I've been knocked down from 2nd in Alberta to 3rd thanks to Exodia, a ZSS player) so I can come back fresh and take on the match-up again.

When Sonic is played precise and not going ham on spin dash into shields all the time, he's amazing. I would say he's top tier (or at least in the same tier list as the others that are beneath Sheik), but the problem is that ZSS has the greatest punish game that converts to death in the entire game. Sonic can do so much damage, get so many hits, but one wrong move, and he's dead against her. And his mobility of spin dash is neutered thanks to her stunning tools and NAir following up into grabs too. Her ability to convert into UAir/UpB kills against Sonic's style is what hurts.

Komorikiri played the match-up right even if it's in her favor still. Very little spin dash, a lot of running (not necessarily away, but running to be close to her instead of approaching with specials).

This match-up is why I was looking into Yoshi.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
I like komo, but I feel like that upped our chances of being nerfed.
What we should all really be doing is playing horribly for the next, like, 5 years, then just rise from the ashes.

Top Bottom