• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Sonic Says: Ultimate

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
I think if Bouncing fish doesn't hit, Shiek should go into specialfall, but if it hits, Shiek won't like Ike's quick draw.
that would be messed up
I like komo, but I feel like that upped our chances of being nerfed.
keep in mind Sakurai does watch the Japanese tournaments and he pays attention to not only how well the character does, but also how the character is played. Diddy got his storm of nerfs after the Japanese exhibition tournament

Last edited:

YoYoFantaFanta

Smash Apprentice
NNID
yoyofantafanta
3DS FC
4914-3889-8963
Guys, I got Sonic Lost World for my birthday yesterday. I tried playing it today and my wii u can't read the disc for some reason. I'm really pissed and don't know what to do.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Guys, I got Sonic Lost World for my birthday yesterday. I tried playing it today and my wii u can't read the disc for some reason. I'm really pissed and don't know what to do.
I guess see if it's a problem with the Wii U or the game.

If the Wii U can read other discs, then you just have to exchange your copy, unfortunately.

:093:

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I've seen a lot of people rag on Lost World. I love it personally, I don't see how anyone sees it as a bad game. Except for maybe the son-of-a-***** snowball level...

Yeah, seriously **** that thing.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
I've seen a lot of people rag on Lost World. I love it personally, I don't see how anyone sees it as a bad game. Except for maybe the son-of-a-***** snowball level...

I'm probably one of the few people who didn't have trouble with the snowball level...

that is until you start collecting all the Red Rings, then the level becomes a *****.

SonicMario

Smash Master

I'm of the unpopular opinion that I enjoyed Lost World's Gameplay style more then Generations or Colors. I don't know, as much as people have said that they should just stick forever to the style those games had. I kinda got a little tired of it already.

Now Colors and Generations I'll admit are better games. But I think if Lost World had a fine tuning I think many of the ideas would be great for a future Sonic game. If they perfected the parkour it could really be a fun mechanic I think.

YoYoFantaFanta

Smash Apprentice
NNID
yoyofantafanta
3DS FC
4914-3889-8963
I guess see if it's a problem with the Wii U or the game.

If the Wii U can read other discs, then you just have to exchange your copy, unfortunately.

It's the game. Oh well. I'll probably bring it back to gamestop and buy it used on amazon.

I haven't played it yet, but considering I like Sonic games that get ragged on quite a bit (most 3D games), I think there's a good chance I'll enjoy Lost World. I'm just pissed that I got a faulty disc.

Furret

Long Body Pokémon

I mean part of the problem of the game is certain levels were like speed bumbs, specially the autoscroller stages
Still a fun game, special silent jungle 1

IvanQuote

Smash Ace
NNID
ivanquote
3DS FC
1693-3075-2999
I've been playing a lot of Sonic Runners recently and the more I do so the more I realize the story makes 0 sense, less if you try to fit it into canon.

Eg. During the Birthday event, Eggman kidnaps all of Sonic's friends (again) and steals all the cake because he's jealous that people are celebrating Sonic's birthday. Yacker and Chip are among those kidnapped for some reason. And Eggman's "great" plan is to sic 3 DEATH EGGS on Sonic. Presumably it means the full space station. The first one I think Shadow destroyed it with a Chaos Spear, the second Silver and Blaze held it in place with fire and psi as Knuckles punched it to death, and the third one Amy runs in and splits it in two with one hammer strike. It's just...I don't even...

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I actually enjoyed that the later levels in Lost Worlds actually put up one hell of a challenge. :applejack:

jaimex2

Smash Apprentice
NNID
jaimex2
A Japanese sonic player who just got 2nd at Umebura F.A.T. which had Japan's best, as well as Nairo, Vinnie and Ally. People are thinking he's probably the best Sonic player right now.
He definitely has his method perfected in playing a safe game. None of that 6WX flare we love to see though.

Sonic Orochi

Smash Ace
Seeing how the matches against Ally went (both 6WX's and Komorikiri's), I'm quite sure that we need to camp more.

Login_Sinker

Smash Journeyman
NNID
lagoniusmaximus
Seeing how the matches against Ally went (both 6WX's and Komorikiri's), I'm quite sure that we need to camp more.
I thought it was the consensus that the optimal Sonic should be really campy. That's what I always thought, anyway. It was insane to see the shift in success between Komorikiri and 6WX, though. The defensive style produced vastly better results.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
The more I think about it, the more I realise Sonic does have a few good Kill set ups/combos

jaimex2

Smash Apprentice
NNID
jaimex2
What I learnt from Komorikiri:

You have only 5 moves: SD,SC, Spring, Uair, Bair.

Never: Dair, Fair, Dash Attack, HA, or chase off the stage.

Last edited:

War Anvil

Smash Lord
NNID
BattlingIronItem
3DS FC
2208-4585-5395
Switch FC
SW-5940-1276-1225

Aw, don't be so negative. Used properly, the rest of Sonic's moves are just as important! :4sonic:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"

Dair???

I mean on stage sure but off stage it gud.

not up tilt tho.
M8, Utilt is awesome. It's like a faster version of C.Falcon Up Smash. I use it a lot when i can. Plus it's got a pretty big hitbox

:135:

Last edited:

jaimex2

Smash Apprentice
NNID
jaimex2
Aw, don't be so negative. Used properly, the rest of Sonic's moves are just as important! :4sonic:
Oh, I hope that didn't come off as a negative comment :|

I was just observing that he never uses those moves. I started writing a tally as I watched his matches after noticing he never Daired and Carmalange pointed out that he was never getting himself into bad scenarios.

I've heard Japanese players are very methodical about everything they do so I'm assuming he's written those moves off as unacceptably risky.

Edit. fixed censored word... no idea why first three letters of Japanese is censored.

Last edited:

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Oh, I hope that didn't come off as a negative comment :|

I was just observing that he never uses those moves. I started writing a tally as I watched his matches after noticing he never Daired and Carmalange pointed out that he was never getting himself into bad scenarios.

I've heard Japanese players are very methodical about everything they do so I'm assuming he's written those moves off as unacceptably risky.

Edit. fixed censored word... no idea why first three letters of Japanese is censored.
*** is a derogatory way of calling the Japanese. It was especially brutal in World War II and it wasn't uncommon to hear slang insults with the word ***. It's not to the exact same extreme, but it'd be like calling Native Americans a buncha Indians or Mexicans Beaners.

**** was used to demean the Japanese instead of shortening it.

The more you know!

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
So my roommate just texted me that apparently some idiot thinks it's funny to create a fake Nintendo of America Twitter account that claims Sega in its entirety was purchased by Nintendo. The nerve of some people, actually believing we would actually fall for that crap.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Oh, right, I keep forgetting that's on the way.

Also, vast majority of all my kills now are either from Bair or killing with throws around 130-170%.

StriderAaron360

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheBlueStrider
I don't know about you guys, but this Sonic hate is kinda getting to me. It shouldn't bother me too much, but having one of my favorite characters be hated so fiercely and getting flak for playing him can be a real morale killer (that and he's probably going to get nerfed into the ground again).

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
I don't know about you guys, but this Sonic hate is kinda getting to me. It shouldn't bother me too much, but having one of my favorite characters be hated so fiercely and getting flak for playing him can be a real morale killer (that and he's probably going to get nerfed into the ground again).
just remember there are little kids who think Zelda's Neutral B is op

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Oh, right, I keep forgetting that's on the way.

Also, vast majority of all my kills now are either from Bair or killing with throws around 130-170%.

I've got a decent kill set up you could use.

Dtilt -> Jab Lock -> Any Charged Smash attack.

It's really good. The onyl problem is if the don't miss the tech or if they are at a high enough perecnt to DI away and jump out of it.

Login_Sinker

Smash Journeyman
NNID
lagoniusmaximus

It's really good. The onyl problem is if the don't miss the tech or if they are at a high enough perecnt to DI away and jump out of it.

Yeah, that set up is pretty unreliable. The percent where it knocks them down but they can't jump out is pretty specific, and the Dtilt is pretty easy to tech. Good players tech those 99.9% of the time. Also there's the issue of landing a Dtilt in the first place.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Yeah, that set up is pretty unreliable. The percent where it knocks them down but they can't jump out is pretty specific, and the Dtilt is pretty easy to tech. Good players tech those 99.9% of the time. Also there's the issue of landing a Dtilt in the first place.

Shield poke?

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
You will get used to it. Sonic and his franchise have been unfairly hated for as long as I can remember on the internet. So it's only natural Sonic would be hated in Smash as well and lets be honest here, fighting against Sonic is a pain in the butt, so the salt is understandable.

jaimex2

Smash Apprentice
NNID
jaimex2
Always have a pair of sunnies with you. When the ******** starts its time to put em on and tell em to deal with it.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208

I'm aware of the set-up...

Not something I rely on because most people at high level can tech on reaction to that, or as said, they can pretty easily avoid the situation all together by DI-ing, jumping, falling aerial, etc. by the time they're at kill percent.

Also, I'm just speaking from experience. Throws are the safest ways to get kills in this game, and fishing for kills with Sonic is the worst. I just take all the damage I can land without growing impatient and finish the stock with a throw if that's what it comes down to.

I don't really get Sonic hate. People compliment me most of the time, and if they don't they just say something ignorant about Sonic but it's not really malicious.

StriderAaron360

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheBlueStrider
The d-tilt to missed tech to skid to jab to charged smash setup works well on characters like Falcon or Fox, but only around 80 to 100%. Everyone else can either jump out or just tech it.

I agree with Camalange Camalange . Continuing to play the neutral (albeit more patient) at kill percents is better than fishing for kill setups. Eventually you'll get a throw or f tilt or something.

hypersonicJD

Smash Journeyman
NNID
I don't have
3DS FC
2122-7467-7267
I entered myself in the world of Sonic level design... Now I mostly understand why Sega has trouble with Sonic games. It's a really big mess to even make a level. I though it was going to be like Mario Maker... Oh man I was so damn wrong.

Top Bottom