• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Sonic Says: Ultimate

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
Is RoL really as bad as 06 or worse? Not sure if its even worth picking up for comedic value after reading what most think about it. Also unleashed was legit, one of the only last few sonic games along with generations which was actually...fun.

:165:

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Is RoL really as bad as 06 or worse? Not sure if its even worth picking up for comedic value after reading what most think about it. Also unleashed was legit, one of the only last few sonic games along with generations which was actually...fun.

I wouldn't go as far as saying Rise of Lyric was that bad, but I do agree that they could've put more effort into it.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336

Rise of Lyric.....
I still consider 06 as the worse game, but Boom is still awful. If you have to get it, get it used, Sega does not deserve a single cent with that game.

As for when I became a Sonic fan, that was around 2004, but it honestly feels like I've known Sonic for my entire life.
My first game was Heroes (which I still like.)

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
First time I played Will, I actually almost took the first round from him. Second round, I completely sealed my fate by making the worst CP of my life with Halberd and got utterly bodied. I got some more practice since then, and it seems to me that the best luck I have is just respecting DK more than I've ever had to in my entire life.

You pretty much just can't punish the Kong Cyclone. I think if it starts sucking you in, you can sometimes sneak a Nair to hit him but even that's risky.

It's not enough that it sucks you in, has super armor, can be comboed into, and can KO... But it doesn't even have landing lag if done correctly.

:093:

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Rise of Lyric.....
I still consider 06 as the worse game, but Boom is still awful. If you have to get it, get it used, Sega does not deserve a single cent with that game.

As for when I became a Sonic fan, that was around 2004, but it honestly feels like I've known Sonic for my entire life.
My first game was Heroes (which I still like.)
Same here. Twas an old friend who introduced me to Sonic shortly after he was confirmed for Brawl. He showed me some action from Team Dark, and I just couldn't resist the urge to learn how to play.

NNID
Kid Craft 24
3DS FC
3823-8516-6187
vs kong cyclone i've always used burning spin dash just to ensure i can control the ground with the chance of hitting DK as he lands and not have to worry about hammer or normal spin dashes hop that could get sucked into kong cyclone. but other than that simply respect the up B. try to get some type of % lead early on and force him to approach you. DK is still just as big and easy target just now he has a very powerful and abusable movement option. Basically treat it like brawl MK Nado where you want to avoid it and wait for them to mess up.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
So I found some neat 0-40% combo strings, and a 0-54% string on Diddy.

I also did hard data mining on Sonic's percentages, knockback, and knockback speed so that when the patch hits in two days, I can recollect the data and figure out for sure what was nerfed/buffed.

KID was right, spin to spike is guaranteed on all characters. Timing's different on everybody.
Sonic can footstool dair spike Mario and Pikachu. It's amazing. :applejack:

Sonic Orochi

Smash Ace
Known for a while, but no one reads the moveset thread, so.. yeah.

Sheik as well, this is important.

I was thinking of making a list of who can be spiked from a footstool or not.. But I guess I'm only gonna do that after the patch is released.

Last edited:

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Why? I seriously doubt the patch is going to touch footstool or dair mechanics. :applejack:

Hadn't tried it on Sheik. All I know is that it works on Mario, Pikachu, and Yoshi, but not Fox, Zero Suit Samus, or Diddy Kong. Haven't really tried it with anyone else.

Last edited:

Gregory2590

Smash Journeyman
NNID
phireblast

I also did hard data mining on Sonic's percentages, knockback, and knockback speed so that when the patch hits in two days, I can recollect the data and figure out for sure what was nerfed/buffed.

KID was right, spin to spike is guaranteed on all characters. Timing's different on everybody.
I was JUST about to ask who was going to do data comparisons after today. Good to see someone is on it.

Last edited:

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
The only thing I didn't see on the moveset thread was both knockback and knockback speed. We'll need those for KB comparisons postpatch. I have the data if anyone needs it. I only have it in excel format though. :applejack:

Last edited:

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
We should have like, a Sonic Google doc.

Sonic Orochi

Smash Ace
I wasn't really gonna bother because I thought someone had a way to get the raw data from the patch, just like some data I saw from the previous patch.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe

So just Side b/Down b to footstool them and then dair?

:018:

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Are we talking about getting Dair spiked after a footstool or the percent where a footstool is guaranteed after a Dair spike?

Sonic Orochi

Smash Ace
FS to dair spike.

The dair spike to FS percent is one of the things I proposed to tackle in that "board collab project".

Last edited:

cerealkiller

Smash Journeyman
I thought it was about which characters it works with, regardless of the %.

Wait... I don't understand how spinning has to do with this. How does one "spin to footstool"?

Last edited:

Sonic Orochi

Smash Ace
I thought it was about which characters it works with, regardless of the %.
Yes, basically that. While for some characters it's ezpz, like Mario and Sheik, others actually fall behind Sonic, making it impossible for the Dair spike to connect. However, some characters seem to fall like that but can actually be spiked, such as Luigi, which requires some timing and positioning, making it difficult but not impossible.

Wait... I don't understand how spinning has to do with this. How does one "spin to footstool"?
SD->SDJ->FS at earlier percents and SC->SCJ->FS at higher percents (actually higher than SC->SCJ->Dair Spike percents).

Last edited:

kj22

Smash Lord
NNID
openupyourworld
Yes, basically that. While for some characters it's ezpz, like Mario and Sheik, others actually fall behind Sonic, making it impossible for the Dair spike to connect. However, some characters seem to fall like that but can actually be spiked, such as Luigi, which requires some timing and positioning, making it difficult but not impossible.

SD->SDJ->FS at earlier percents and SC->SCJ->FS at higher percents (actually higher than SC->SCJ->Dair Spike percents).
Mmm...good to know *takes notes*

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
FS > Dair spike is guaranteed at all reasonable percents. I've been able to do it from 0-150%.

It can only be practically done from downB at the percents where it'll matter (60-100%). SideB has a different knockback from downb in this game, and it sends them up at a higher trajectory, so it's not feasible any time around those same percents. :applejack:

I wish I had a recording device. :applejack:

Last edited:

Sonic Orochi

Smash Ace
Why? I seriously doubt the patch is going to touch footstool or dair mechanics. :applejack:
Didn't see this post before lol

Yeah, I've been spending the last two days recording my old replays, so even if I wanted to test that, I wouldn't have the time to do so.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Didn't the patch say something about sharing replays? If so, I could probably just send replays of the setups. :applejack:

New Age Retro Hippie

Smash Cadet
NNID
dankmemez
Pretty sure bthrow was nerfed. Also, SD/SC to uair is weight dependent now (not sure if this was the case before) , uair will miss if they're too light at any percent below ~30%. The combo only does 18-22% now, which I am actually ok with and somewhat expected. No hard data yet obvs but it doesn't feel the same. Hope this isn't just confirmation bias, lol

Last edited:

PsychoSy

Smash Cadet
Pretty sure bthrow was nerfed. Also, SD/SC to uair is weight dependent now (not sure if this was the case before) , uair will miss if they're too light at any percent below ~30%. The combo only does 18-22% now, which I am actually ok with and somewhat expected. No hard data yet obvs but it doesn't feel the same. Hope this isn't just confirmation bias, lol
Not too bad. But any idea on how much percent does bthrow does now?

Lizam

Smash Cadet
NNID
Lizzam
So I only did a very minor test on the 3ds version (at work atm) with Bthrow on Mario at the edge of FD

Before update: killed at 143% (Sonic with 143% Rage)
After update: killed at 167% (Sonic with 167% Rage)

New Age Retro Hippie

Smash Cadet
NNID
dankmemez
Reading Manny's updates on FB he seems adamant bthrow hasn't changed because of rage but I don't think thats a good metric. We need rage data and non-rage data and without rage it definitely does not kill like it used to.

Sonic Orochi

Smash Ace
Sheik was nerfed. So ****ing stoked to test this.. I'd set an alarm to 5 am ffs. :sonic:

Still didn't receive my email, though :4mewtwo:

Last edited:

BlueTerrorist

Smash Ace
I'm trying patch out before I catch some sleep again.

I tried many times but it seems that BThrow is nerfed. Kills a lot later than it did before (Couldn't kill Mario with it until around the 150% mark).

Sonic Orochi

Smash Ace
If it means it will shut people up about Sonic "being OP", I won't mind the Bthrow nerf at all.

It won't.

Last edited:

PsychoSy

Smash Cadet
Reading Manny's updates on FB he seems adamant bthrow hasn't changed because of rage but I don't think thats a good metric. We need rage data and non-rage data and without rage it definitely does not kill like it used to.
yea I was looking at ClashTournaments stream and they were testing sonic for nerfs/buffs. It seems without rage bthrow hasn't changed at all but yea we need a chart.

Top Bottom