• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Sonic Says: Ultimate

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Where's this leak? I'm curious.

I'd **** around with it.

:093:

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
He looks early in development, but ****, I'd boot it up for ****s and gigs then go back to playing Sm4sh.

True Blue

Smash Lord
Same... Blarg. And yo so apparently the patch affect peoples customs? I guess time to see if anything of sonic's was changed. But I am actually too lazy and kinda don't care to be honest... I am just lazy in general, gonna wait till someone else sees something. lol

Heartstring

Smash Legend
There's a mediafire link in there somewhere, I watched it on that, it looked really good.

Also, I've been looking through the customs, I cant see any major changes. The ones i was most looking for were SC getting its properties changed with different SD customs (for some dumb reason). That's still the same.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Same, but I just googled Project M Knuckles and found a different link.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
I've just been informed by a (slightly angry) friend that we can no longer be gimped by grabbing us out of UpB. Can someone confirm this for me?

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Wait, they actually patched cypher grabbing? That'd be amazing.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Why don't you guys find out? You're the ones with the 3DS game. :applejack:

Last edited:

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
We're on it now, lol. Been at work all day.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
S'been confirmed. No more getting grab released out of her springs off stage. The same happened for Mega Man too.

Sonic's Up Smash has MORE KO power now it seems. And vectoring is gone, meaning we have more reliable killing power.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Wait, Vectoring is gone?
Where is the source for this? And if so, does anything replace it? :applejack:

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Wait, Vectoring is gone?
Where is the source for this? And if so, does anything replace it? :applejack:
The source is within personal research and from what everyone else is saying too. You can test it yourself as well very easily. If not gone, drastically changed (it's really DI again).

Play against Level 9 CPU Link. Previously if you vector'd straight up on Link's Up Smash it typically killed around 90-100%, while if you vector'd down, you survive for way longer obviously, until 130-ish % when done right. That no longer happens and Link's Up Smash should usually kill around 110/115% on average (this is all tested against Mario), and I tried vectoring up AND down during this process. Didn't change too much.

Here's what replaced it. Directional Influence. I could DI Link's Up Smash to the left or right like we used to be able to do in games like Melee and Brawl. I survived a little longer, DI'ing upper left on my stick.

Even at lower percents I tested vectoring and seeing if holding up from Link's UTilt would send me flying stupid far early, but nope. Normal flying distance that gets stronger with your percent climbing.

The Wii U version will tell us more, but vectoring as we knew it before is definitely gone.

[EDIT]

Oh, and one more thing. To condition Link to keep UTilting you and USmashing you, keep jumping above him. When you get high enough and start tumbling down, he'll go for the Up Smash.

Last edited:

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I'd think this'd be all over the place on SWF, Facebook, and the Smash subreddit, but I haven't found a single mention sans your posts. Who else is "everyone else?" :applejack:

Teshie U

Smash Lord
Vectoring doesn't "replace" DI. It happens after DI. To survive the longest you SDI inward, adjust your angle (DI) and then reduce your knockback(vectoring),

I've seen no proof that its gone either.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
I'd think this'd be all over the place on SWF, Facebook, and the Smash subreddit, but I haven't found a single mention sans your posts. Who else is "everyone else?" :applejack:
I shoulda specified more, but most of everyone in the Edmonton Smash community is noticing the vector change. Lotta people I know, so that's what I meant. Sorry. :X To be perfectly honest, I'm actually really surprised that not many people are talking about it.

I've even went and compared the previous build of Smash to this new version just now, and at lower percents especially you can see how vectoring is a huge factor in the early build and in this one it's non-existent (or if it is, it's so insignificant that it may as well not be there).

It's late, and if no one compares video between the two by the time of tomorrow, I'll do my best to create a video to demonstrate. But I'm telling the truth.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Yeah, that's pretty huge. I'd like to see more on that.

I'd be pretty happy if we went back to normal DI. But now my instincts are already fading...

NNID
Kid Craft 24
3DS FC
3823-8516-6187
well there definitely isn't normal DI. But either vectoring was removed entirely or how much vectoring affects your launch height was reduced. It's a lot harder to survive hits above 130.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I'm really interested in playing Sonic now, as evidently Smash is the only good game in recent memory where I can play as Sonic.
Can someone give me a summary of his terrible custom moves?

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
tl;dr

"Sonic Social: Sonic has bad customs."

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
I'm really interested in playing Sonic now, as evidently Smash is the only good game in recent memory where I can play as Sonic.
Up B 2 loses you vertical recovery.
Up B 3 makes the damage of falling spring go from 4% => 1%, its knockback doesn't gimp.

Neutral 2 has no usage, except as a very very weak meteor.

Side 3 has ridiculous cooldown on shield.

etc etc

1111 4 lyf

NotLiquid

Smash Lord
Everyone is getting sideswiped by Hammer Spin Dash so

I guess you can use that against people

Teshie U

Smash Lord
Apex will ban customs and nearly everyone else will follow.

Considering lazy people will automatically not want to bother with the unlock process, I'd say customs are officially irrelevant.

I do like me some short hop spindash though.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
I'm excited to be able to create combo videos for my characters now. With infinite replay time now, this is going to be absolutely amazing for recording later on.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
I hope we can upload straight to YouTube like MK8.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
nB 2: lose amazing mixup/recovery option, Gain spike so weak it couldnt even work for date ****
nB 3: Replace long range, strong homing attack with short range, weak, laggy homing attack
sB 2: Hop goes higher than snoop, buries people on landing. lose most of the mixup utility sB1 has. probably the only usable custom
sB 3: no hop, low jumping firey spin. Effects dB too for some reason. does like 1% more.
uB 2: get to spring twice, but worse in every way
uB 3: have a hitbox while rising thats weaker than Roy tippers, less utility all around.
dB 2: Hold to charge instead of mash. Literally nothing different except being slower to reach max charge
dB3 3: Take for ****ing ever to reach full charge, but GRAVITY SQUEEZE (not really worth)

kataridragon

Smash Ace
I would be cool with customs if it was like MvC2 or 3. You would first pick your charcter. Then choose the which attack you want for the first custom, then second, and so forth. It would be quick and easy to do if implimented properly.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
I hope that customs are eventually usable in more tournaments. Some characters like Mega Man or Palutena get so many cool variations. And if Mii Fighters are allowed in tourneys, so should custom specials.

kataridragon

Smash Ace
Mii fighters will probably never be used is tourneys. Different weights determin their attributes. All the custom moves. There is just to much variation.

SonicMario

Smash Master
Mii fighters will probably never be used is tourneys. Different weights determin their attributes. All the custom moves. There is just to much variation.
Banning Miis entirely would be overreactionary. If Custom Moves must not be allowed at a tournament. Just restrict Miis to their 1111 Specials that they have as soon as you create the Miis and/or make placeholders that are standard height. One of each type for them to use. And if the different Custom Moves is really that bad enough to remove them, then I guess Palutena's also banned.

Top Bottom