• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Sonic Says: Ultimate

Lilfut

Smash Ace
NNID
slothfuLunchmeat
3DS FC
3308-5213-5534
Are we really arguing over whether 06 or Boom is the worst Sonic game?
They're both awful games and should be avoided #review

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Nah the worst objectively speaking is Sonic Genesis. That game is the lowest thing to come from this franchise.

SonicMario

Smash Master
Sonic Adventure 2 is my favorite Sonic game personally :p

There's no Sonic game I've ever enjoyed more then that game overall. It was also pretty much my introduction into the Sonic series. Which was why I was so happy Escape from the City (In it's original form no less too ^^) was confirmed as a selectable song in Smash 4.

I'm not one to 100% a game (I know trying to 100% SA2 is really hard though xP) anyway so all A Ranks never mattered to me.

But I think by now we should probably just agree to disagree. Our tastes in Sonic games are just very different it seems.

PsychoSy

Smash Cadet
personally I really avoid seeing reviews until I actually play the game mainly because it's quite stupid imo to judge a game from what other people say about it (ignoring the glitches and all even though they're really hard to ignore...), including from what reviewers like "IGN" says. But anyways, Will there be any sonic main live streaming Smash 4 when it releases?

Phoenix_Dark

Smash Lord
NNID
Phoenix2337
3DS FC
1289-8343-1385
Less variety in games? Maybe compared to a ps3 or a 360. It's backward compatible with wii games and has arguably the best downloadable retro games. I think that speaks volumes. Just saying. I mean if you like your shooters and your madden by all means buy an Xone or a ps4. Realistic movie like games isn't my thing.

I wouldn't say the wii u has bad online. Nintendo just doesn't have an easy friend matching system set up. Which I agree does kinda suck. But the online play itself is as good as anything else.

Also youtube on my wii u is so nice. The gamepad really shines when using the internet. I swear it's awesome I use it all the time. Yes I have a laptop. But using the gamepad and watching on screen is sweet.

Your complaining about price? Ps4 and Xbox ones are $400. A wii u is like $250.

It's really preference. I'm just pointing out the better things about a wii u.
Just about everything on the system is a first party platformer. At least the games that are playable. Who cares if it's backwards compatible when the Wii had possibly the weakest library of games from any notable home console. Also, how many times have you downloaded those same retro games on previous systems? That's not something to praise. Sony and Microsoft both offer new and better original content than Nintendo as far as downloadable games go. Nintendos online does suck. Everything about their online options is drastically inferior to Sony and Microsoft. The PS4 is 400. XB1 is 350. Wii-U is 300. So for 50-100 dollars more, you get a system that's exponentially better. Like I said before, I'm going to be getting a Wii-U anyways. Was just looking for a reason to not feel like I'm getting bent over by Nintendo, but I haven't really seen one case to really counter that.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Why do you have that username?

You should change it to "The voice of reason."

The last page was nothing but people comparing **** to **** with whipped cream and a cherry on top.

Can we please steer the discussion away from games or gaming and talk about life stuff? Like, what you people are going to do over the weekend?

I myself am going to be working on a project which at that point will be turned in late. The next day, I'm going to hang out with my girlfriend and my friends and do friend-stuff. Alcohol may or may not be involved.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
@ Heartstring Heartstring I know I'm being annoying but is there much going on up northish atm? I know down south is mostly melee, plus it's too far to go when I don't drive. I know there's quite a few people in and around Leicester, and I wouldn't want to go a whole lot further then that, got responsibilities/work 6 days a week. I don't really ever go on FB, but I'll try and keep an eye out. Need as many people repping Sonic as possible.

:093:
Seriously man, just go on smashuk and ask. there's a bunch of stuff going on in scotland, newcastle and birmingham. but i dont know about any of it for sure.

The fact you're in lincolnshire means you're not too far from me, actually. I'm in cambridge

PsychoSy

Smash Cadet
In that case, I'm doing a bunch of assignments in Physics class that i really have problems with most of the time...mainly on the equations.
._.

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
Seriously man, just go on smashuk and ask. there's a bunch of stuff going on in scotland, newcastle and birmingham. but i dont know about any of it for sure.

The fact you're in lincolnshire means you're not too far from me, actually. I'm in cambridge
I'll definately keep my eye out as soon as christmas is out of the way. Birmingham is probably best bet, I know the train links well cos my sister used to live near there.

There is too much salt and arguing atm. My favourite Sonic game is Sonic 2. It's pretty easy mode but every level was so iconic in it's own right. I'm going to play Sonic 3D today I think, that game is not easy mode at all.

As for my weekend, working 18 hours, up at half 4 sat half 5 sun ;_; So, maybe sleep.

Last edited:

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Sonic 2 is far from easy mode, Roy. We've just played it so much that it seems that way.
I had a friend try and play through it, and they couldn't get past Chemical Plant Zone Act 2. Get someone who has never played any of the quartet of Genesis games, and have them play 'em. It's pretty crazy how hard they are for those players. :applejack:

Sonic 3 & Knuckles master race.

Last edited:

jordanm43444

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Jordanm43444
To this day I have yet to finish Sonic 3&K. Despite my love for the Sonic series I always get bored of 3&K roughly after Flying Battery for some reason. :v

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
To this day I have yet to finish Sonic 3&K. Despite my love for the Sonic series I always get bored of 3&K roughly after Flying Battery for some reason. :v
Cos Sandopolis Level is disgusting. Well, not really act 1, but act 2, so stressful. Those ghosts...

aww you guys are cute

AAAAAAAAAAA **** RUN

edit: I don't know how to images :(

Last edited:

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
I had no idea this thread was a thing. Now I'm deciding whether or not I'm glad I found it. XD

Also, Sandopolis isn't anywhere near as bad as people make it out to be. I find it easy and not that long, but I have no problem speeding through it.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
I'll definately keep my eye out as soon as christmas is out of the way. Birmingham is probably best bet, I know the train links well cos my sister used to live near there.
Yeah. a lot goes on, like I said cambridge might be good, we play a lot of stuff down here, you're welcome to come and hang out at a thing.

As for sonic games, Sonic 2 was the one I grew up with. as a really little kid I was a mega nerd for sonic. I remember pretend-feeding toast with chocolate spread on it to my sonic plushie while watching my mum play sonic 2 (I was like 2 at the time)...I also remember the day my sonic plushie got so ratty and perished that I had to throw it away. worst day of my childhood.

but yeah, sonic 2 is the ****. I always have a hard time with the oil ocean zone though.

Sonic Orochi

Smash Ace
I remember playing S3&K back then.. oh man, that feeling when you first see the words: "NOW SONIC CAN BE HYPER SONIC".

I also remember not pressing any buttons when flying around in Doomsday Zone. I'd finished the game on hard mode without even knowing it.

Last edited:

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Also, Sandopolis isn't anywhere near as bad as people make it out to be. I find it easy and not that long, but I have no problem speeding through it.
Except that it's as bad as people make it out to be. It's actually hard and long-winded.

I didn't know that buttons made you move faster in Doomsday either until several playthroughs after my first.

:applejack:

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Sandopolis isn't difficult IMO, but it is tedious compared to every other level in S3&K. It is the desert level though, so...

warriorman222

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3866-8698-4754
Does everyone know about the ridiculous Sonic Boom glitch now?

If not, with Knuckles, jump, pause, jump, pause, jump, pause, jump, pause, jump...

Yeah, a guy beat the game within an hour with that glitch, and admitted he slipped up a lot, so better records could be made.

Pls fix this s***

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
Pls fix this s***
I'll have a word.

Act 1 isn't too bad, bit of backtracking. Those stupid scorpion enemies are really on it too.
Act 2 isn't hard. It just takes me like 6~7 minutes each time because I have to pull EVERY light switch cos as soon as it gets dark I just leave the room and panic. Maybe its carried over from labyrinth zone, or the final stage of sonic 1. Do half a level, underwater, no bubbles.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Does everyone know about the ridiculous Sonic Boom glitch now?

If not, with Knuckles, jump, pause, jump, pause, jump, pause, jump, pause, jump...

Yeah, a guy beat the game within an hour with that glitch, and admitted he slipped up a lot, so better records could be made.

Pls fix this s***
I posted that earlier in the thread.

I have been watching play throughs by other people and have seen enough of the game now to know that I won't be getting it anytime soon (unless I can get it for dirt cheap).

warriorman222

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3866-8698-4754
I posted that earlier in the thread.

I have been watching play throughs by other people and have seen enough of the game now to know that I won't be getting it anytime soon (unless I can get it for dirt cheap).
I'm not a big Sonic fan and Knuckles alone is enough for me to buy copies of that game, only to burn them in my campfire, using artificial kindling like Justin Bieber posters and Sonic '06 booklets or whatever on the inside.

I'll have a word.

Act 1 isn't too bad, bit of backtracking. Those stupid scorpion enemies are really on it too.
Act 2 isn't hard. It just takes me like 6~7 minutes each time because I have to pull EVERY light switch cos as soon as it gets dark I just leave the room and panic. Maybe its carried over from labyrinth zone, or the final stage of sonic 1. Do half a level, underwater, no bubbles.
What? I was talking about the infinite jump glitch.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Like I really wanted to like RoL, but from what I've seen, when it isn't glitching out or suffering from overall poor design, the game just looks flat out boring to play.

However, I could see it being very fun in co-op, in an ironic sort of way, if you had a good buddy with you.

Last edited:

warriorman222

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3866-8698-4754
Like I really wanted to like RoL, but from what I've seen, when it isn't glitching out or suffering from overall poor design, the game just looks flat out boring to play.

However, I could see it being very fun in co-op, in an ironic sort of way, if you had a good buddy with you.
My sister is in Grade 12 which is 3 years older than me (yeah.. no) and my friends never come over again(DAMMIT CANADA'S FALL IS JUST MORE WINTER) so too bad for me. I'm not getting the game even if i had the money because i'm still saving for SSBWU.

Last edited:

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
I know you were, and I said I'd have a word.
The rest of my post was regarding Sandopolis Zone in another game

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I mean, it's easy in retrospect.
It's the perspective man. It'd take more than just a couple of tries for someone not accustomed to Sonic to get through Sandopolis. :applejack:

kataridragon

Smash Ace
It's wierd to think that the sonic genesis games are hard. I've probably beaten sonic 2 like 20 times... Literally.

Anyways I hate lagging online matches even if it's a slight lag.

Earlier today I felt bad because I thought I was sucking. Now tonight when the lag is less present I'm doing way better. I need to not stream youtube while playing online. :/

Sonic just doesn't do lag.

Last edited:

kataridragon

Smash Ace
no, he most certainly does not do lag. I tried to play a match in lag and it was actually the most awful thing. you cant use spindash effectively when you do the jump way too late.
Honestly it sort of makes me reconsider this laggy match I played against a pretty good player the other day. I wonder how it would have been withou lag.... Hmmmm

Scourge The Hedgehog

Evil Sonikku
NNID
JayJayPlushie
3DS FC
2535-4437-8099
So after playing Smash 4 on the Wii U at GameStop I am sad to say our greatest tricksie is gone. Nintendo and Sakurai decided to remove the grounded spring into dair ( dair dair dair dair ) bounce. I am now crying buckets of tears. You now get moved slightly forward making it impossible to do. You know that not so useful trick that some people used in brawl to show off. Yeah not too important but I was trying to find things that worked within the little time I had. Played about four rounds and really didn't notice anything else. RIP.

True Blue

Smash Lord
Yo, so to be honest. I like 06... The only thing that made me angry was the loading screens to be honest.
And the 11th Hour Super Power final boss fight gave me all the feels and hype, but I also submerse myself into what I play and have my own cutscenes/comic playing through my head more than not when I play games.

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
Serious question, why does everybody on the other side of the matchup complain about spindash? I just...don't get it. I mean I know it's good but. I doubt I use more than one per stock, or sometimes even match to be honest, though I shield cancel it far too much and use it for spinshot. I just use spincharge over it most of the time, and ASC too much to troll. Or is it just that they don't know the difference?
I want some videos up. I know I suck. I just want to know why.

Top Bottom