• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Sonic Says: Ultimate

Rucent

Only strive for first place.
You want to bait her grab, since she has to commit hard in order to use it. You can also opt to keep her in the air, if you want to lower the chances of being grabbed. Running or Spinning in without much thought will get you punished, espicially hard agianst ZSS.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
I found this article yesterday and even though it came out a while ago, I found it interesting.

http://nintendoenthusiast.com/article/the-sonic-the-hedgehog-series-needs-a-proper-reboot/

Whether you agree with his solution or not is up to you, theft is that he raises and interesting point.

With how many variations Sonic has had on his formula, there is one question the Sega needs to solve before ti considers making the next sonic game.

What is Sonic?

Is it the 2D platforming at extreme speed like the original games or (more so) the Rush Games?

Is it the 3D adventure, hub world of the Sonic Adventure Games?

Or is it the Boost to Win Gotta Go Fast of the Boost Games?

Personal, unlike what the guys said in his article, I don't think the problem so much is what the perspective is, as its more to do with how Sega is handling it. Rather than making it very linear, one path, just hit Boost game, they should give the play more paths, give them alternate roots to take, find out which is faster. The can keep Sonic as fast as they want, but just give us more paths to choose from rather than jus the one.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Since my post was ignored in the Smash Academy forums, i'll just ask here since it's as good as any place, really:

I'm stuck in a little rut here in terms of improving myself. I'm strictly wi-fi unfortunately since every smash event in my state is too far(you would think the biggest city in NJ, Newark would be chock full of smash events, but there isn't any EVER) and I don't have people to play with, so I'm stuck with FG. Anther's ladder isn't too great either since players often reject lower ranked people, and it's only active at certain hours.

So as someone who has limited access to better people to play with, should I not even bother stressing trying to play this game competitively? I've taken an interest in competitive things since Melee, but now i'm just wondering if it's even worth the trouble if there's nowhere worthwhile. Starting up a scene is out of the question for me since that requires the time and money that I do not have as opposed to merely attending events.
How far is too far?

I live in NY and I literally just got back from NJ. If it's only an hour or two away, then I think that's great. Tristate area is home of literally some of the best players and you can't ask for a much better scene than that.

You just have to ask yourself how much work you're willing to put in. Best way to find out is to try attending things and see if it's your thing or not.
Also, there's a new version of Pr- *Gets shot by @ Camalange Camalange *
sshhh it's going to be ok
Ian from Smosh is commentating on SKTAR now :shades: (Camalange)
http://www.twitch.tv/rushhoursmash
every

time

S M O S H B O Y S

We actually have a pretty decent perfect pivot. Do we have any uses for it?
I'm not sure yet. Our tilts aren't spectacular, with Ftilt being our best, but pivot Ftilt is already good without it being perfect pivoted. Plus, Sonic's movement with screech stop, Side-B shield cancels, etc. are all so good that this feels more niche. Still worth learning and trying to find ways to implement though.

Sorry for my terrible editing skills
what even is the context of this
@ Camalange Camalange

rip. Faking Lugi man. smh :teeth:
**** Luigi.

**** Halberd.

I'm mostly upset with myself though. If I had won that I would've advanced from pools on the Winner's side. **** me.

Cannonball didn't even kill him at 120% and I died at 60%. Unbelievable.
Wait, @ Camalange Camalange doesn't like Project M?
It's best if I don't talk about it.

:093:

Urameshi_

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ban00dle
would anyone have time to play some sets with me? i wanted to get a better understanding of the sonic mu preeze

Syndralix

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Syndralix
Warning Received
So I found this thing called Out_of_con.txt, and it's hilarious. It's a list of lines taken...out of context. A couple of them are Sonic-related (253 & 269), but the whole thing is worth reading.

-Content Removed-

Last edited by a moderator:

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
He'd get super pissed that we're all copying his Phanpy.

Unknown Hero does Jolteon
Cammy does Haunter
I do Vulpix
FalKoopa does Phanpy.

Got that so far, Luigi?

:037:
Um, you know that Fal started doing that because of me, right?

And that I started doing it out of protest because of Boxob getting banned? Since like, 8 years ago, lmao.

There's a whole deep history of it, but I'm a main proponent of keeping the Haunter alive. I like to think it belongs to Sonic boards (primarily the Brawl '08 trolls), but there are many factors in play here. Seagull posts Pidgeot, I believe. Posting a Pokémon emote has lost meaning for most who imitate as it has become a more mainstream practice but all pale to the glamor that is the rich backstory of Haunter.
Hey people, expect a BSBS update later today (no video still, but just re-started working on it, though!).

Also,

Alright, that ending got me.

****ing funny.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
I might start posting Typhlosions at the end of my posts

:157:

Last edited:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
PM makes me cry at night sometimes.
Why?

It's like you know me.

I think I read some where before about you hatred towards PM (particularly Sonic PM) though I never found out why. Oh well :)

As long as FalKoopa doesn't see all this, we should be safe.

Well he get mad?

He'd get super pissed that we're all copying his Phanpy.

Unknown Hero does Jolteon
Cammy does Haunter
I do Vulpix
FalKoopa does Phanpy.

Got that so far, Luigi?

Eh, I just started to do it because someone on the Robin boards showed some dislike to Jolteon (the said Jolteon looks ugly ;___;

So I decide to start putting Jolteon at the end of my post to show how much I like him. Though i might change it to Young Link later. Maybe.

:135:

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Come to think of it, if I add a Pokémon I might not need to add color anymore.

....though something feels odd about not using my signature colorful posts....

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
I might start posting Typhlosions at the end of my posts

Johto is best region.
I think I read some where before about you hatred towards PM (particularly Sonic PM) though I never found out why. Oh well :)
I don't like the word hatred as it makes it sound blind and barbaric.

I have an invested disinterest... Yeah. Let's go with that.

Anyone is allowed to play whatever game makes them happy.

Similar to how anyone is allowed to post emotes that make them happy.
Eh, I just started to do it because someone on the Robin boards showed some dislike to Jolteon (the said Jolteon looks ugly ;___;

So I decide to start putting Jolteon at the end of my post to show how much I like him. Though i might change it to Young Link later. Maybe.

Jolteon is awesome.

Too bad Glaceon and Sylveon are so amazing.
Come to think of it, if I add a Pokémon I might not need to add color anymore.

....though something feels odd about not using my signature colorful posts....
Or you can make the color match the Pokémon.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
JI don't like the word hatred as it makes it sound blind and barbaric.

I have an invested disinterest... Yeah. Let's go with that.

Anyone is allowed to play whatever game makes them happy.

Similar to how anyone is allowed to post emotes that make them happy.
Hm, how about dislike?

Yeah, dislike.

Also, I total agree with you. Anyone can play what ever game they want to.

Though I am still curious as to why you dislike PM.

Jolteon is awesome.

Too bad Glaceon and Sylveon are so amazing.

Jolteon is amazing.

Glaceon is also cool. So to Sylvan. Demi Ribbons.

Though Leafeon beats them both IMO in a heart beat. To bad it's stats are kind of bad for it.

Luig

Confused
Hm, how about dislike?

Yeah, dislike.

Also, I total agree with you. Anyone can play what ever game they want to.

Though I am still curious as to why you dislike PM.

Jolteon is amazing.

Glaceon is also cool. So to Sylvan. Demi Ribbons.

Though Leafeon beats them both IMO in a heart beat. To bad it's stats are kind of bad for it.

Just ignore it and play brawl plus brawl minus.

I like the -eon family.
You get a cute Eevee and it can evolve in to basically any type.

:187:

Top Bottom