• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Sonic Says: Ultimate

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Everyone's entitled to their bad opinions. Especially Terios.
@Cama: Easy. It was worse than every other Robotnik since pre-SA1. One scene doesn't save the game from everything else being a wreck. :applejack:

Last edited:

jordanm43444

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Jordanm43444
Unleashhed and Generations werent bad, but they still dont make up for the atrocity we had prior to getting them.

Im giving SEGA one more chance to reedem themselves by makin a goo sonic game, thats on a console so Runners dosent ****in count.

:059:

jordanm43444

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Jordanm43444
Yea thats definietely the way I see it too, but ater the classic era classic sonic was kind of ignored, then not to mention I HONESTLY would have liked it if they added an Adventure Sonic as well. maybe throw in Eggman Nega to balance out the eggmen as well.

Sonic Orochi

Smash Ace
I also enjoyed SLW. The thing is that the game wasn't able to take a stand and go for it. It really seemed like it tried a lot but in a lot of different ways, not excelling in any of them (the special stages really reflect this).

About the plot, I found the JPN version to be better than the NA. It's not that different (since, well, they had to fit the animations and such), but I found that Sonic's way less obnoxious and the Zeti have more personality in the Japanese version.

• At the beginning, Zavok never accepted Robotnik's dominance over them, and was always planning on taking revenge rather than just acting as Eggman's right arm. Also, at first they saw Sonic purely as Eggman's rival, not their own;
  • Sonic and Tails don't act all passive agressive during the Zeti taking control cutscene. Sonic's way more understanding and Tails is actually grateful for being saved, even though he did try to prevent the whole situation. In fact, the whole misunderstanding between those two in the NA version is cringeworthy IMO. Sonic's way more douchey and Tails acts like a jealous brat all the ***ing time;
  • No Baldy McNosehair BS;
  • The Zeti's personalities are a little different. While Zik is practically the same, Zazz is way more foul mouthed and "crazy" (the difference is probably due to NA's rating stuff), Zeena's not a dumb bimbo (no mention of nails whatsoever), Zor is not simply an emo (he acts more like a self centered guy with a dark persona), Zomom is purely a glutton (instead of wanting to "squeeze Eggman until he pops", he merely wants to know what "Sonic tastes like") and Zavok's more "evil" (his lines are more powerful, in a sense) in the JPN version;
  • In one of the last scenes, Amy doesn't mention "kick butt" at all, which sounded really out of character, IMO.

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
I love the Baldy McNosehair thing. I'd prefer that Zazz, Zor and Zeena by far though.

For me Sonic only gets better when it hedgehams it up. At least with the current direction.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Zeena tho...
She's awful popular with a certain fanbase.
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
:applejack:

Last edited:

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
@Cama: Easy. It was worse than every other Robotnik since pre-SA1. One scene doesn't save the game from everything else being a wreck. :applejack:
I don't think the one scene makes the whole game, but in conjunction with everything else I think it makes it even stronger.

But oh well, enjoy Sonic Heroes!
Its fantastic dont get me wrong, but the game was so short it felt rushed...it started a trend it seems
I wouldn't say rushed… I think it's short for a reason. The game is like one of the few Sonic games anymore to have that level of polish, direction, and quality.
Hoooow bout that apex A-1 sauce gaiz
I'll be there tomorrow.
Zeena tho...
She's awful popular with a certain fanbase.
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
:applejack:
That was my immediate thought when I saw her design.

I was like, oh good…

:093:

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
Does it go deeper than Rule 34?

Lost World was great shorter. Sonic Team has been too into the idea that they need to go crazy with things giving us stuff like the werehog. This time they had a plan and they executed excellently. It found a good balance between adding things for novelty like the snowball part and making sure they had a strong core to work on. I hope their next game is in the same style (or Generations). They could really take it far. Critics complain that making Sonic work in 3d was too hard and they found 2 great ways to do it back to back.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Does it go deeper than Rule 34?
I don't want to find want out.
Lost World was great shorter. Sonic Team has been too into the idea that they need to go crazy with things giving us stuff like the werehog. This time they had a plan and they executed excellently. It found a good balance between adding things for novelty like the snowball part and making sure they had a strong core to work on. I hope their next game is in the same style (or Generations). They could really take it far. Critics complain that making Sonic work in 3d was too hard and they found 2 great ways to do it back to back.
I was referring to Generations… But I agree to this too, lol.

I thought Lost World was a really refreshing break from the boost style.

Also I nerdgasmed when I saw the 3D HD return of S3&K enemies it was so beautiful

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
Oh yeah. Well they both worked that way. It was like they saw the Colors powers and realized they could just modify the gameplay as was necessary instead of shoehorning in crap.

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
Generations was awesome, but I do agree the chance for DLC was squandered.. But people on Steam have been putting in old stages as levels, as well as The Unleashed Project. Etc

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Generations DLC would've been amazing :/

Lost World's free DLC was pretty hype too ;)

jordanm43444

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Jordanm43444
I seriously need to pick up lost world, even if its just for the Zelda DLC. God that one level is what the entire Lost World game shoulda been imo, the beginning of it has the perfect amount of exploration I was looking for since SA1

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
I really enjoyed Lost World, it wasn't perfect, but I still found it a solid game. Rise of Lyric on the other hand...

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Zeena's hips on the other hand...

Also, just came back from a tournament. Got 2nd. Fox vs. Sonic doesn't work too well on Duck Hunt... :applejack:

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Pilotwings is so....weird, I think the stage has that layout where circle camping becomes a little TOO easy.

I'd find it easier to believe that if the bottom platforms were fall-through. But they're pretty solid otherwise. And that's only one half the stage.

jordanm43444

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Jordanm43444
I'd find it easier to believe that if the bottom platforms were fall-through. But they're pretty solid otherwise. And that's only one half the stage.
Fair enough, ive not played much on the stage and only really know it from when it was played at the invitational.

jordanm43444

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Jordanm43444
Dude. Xanadu banned Final Destination because it was distracting. We'll be lucky to have stages to play on at this rate. Banning duck hunt. The hell.
My scene done this as well, but noone cared and like EVERY game was played on FD. The screen transition lasts 2 seconds...if that annoys you, get help pls.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
I won't lie, that stage transition does get to me.

Which is why is I go to a "Final Destination," I prefer Omega Gaur Plain.

Not that it matters anyway; given that everybody here in Vegas seems to be in love with Smashville. Just what is it about one moving platform that makes it the go-to neutral over Battlefield, anyway...? I'm not complaining, anyway. I hate Battlefield.

jordanm43444

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Jordanm43444
I feel like people like the platform since it gives a perfect balance between people that prefer platforms and people that prefer flat ground. But thats just me.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
It's when the entire screen goes almost white as it transitions from the first backdrop to the second. It's not a problem, people just like to whine about it. :applejack:

Sonic Orochi

Smash Ace
So, Battlefield.

Does everyone (but Camalange) hate this stage?

I specially hate how we can't run off a platform, fastfall and SC ASAP without activating BSBS.

Top Bottom