• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Sonic Says: Ultimate

Heartstring

Smash Legend
no-one has the patience to watch a phone recording. sounds mean and lazy, but thats the harsh reality of it. sorry!

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Also, god knows I wouldn't record someone's match from their phone for them at a tournament.

You're better off just being mentally present during your match and learning from the experience.

:093:

jordanm43444

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Jordanm43444
Still cant wrap my head around how I done that ISDR on BF. Other than that ive finally learned from my tourney. It was the first time I had EVER had real pressure with getting top 3. Last month consisted of me tearing through matches so much I legit forgot I was even in GFs at one point, next time I know exactly what I have to work on and top 3 will be mine!

:059:

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
How does one get excited over rumors for a mobile app?

jordanm43444

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Jordanm43444
Ive basically stopped being hype for sonic games in general now. ive come to accept the series will never be as good as it was back in the 90s/early 2000s

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Ive basically stopped being hype for sonic games in general now. ive come to accept the series will never be as good as it was back in the 90s/early 2000s
Speak for yourself, Smash for Wii-U is one of the best Sonic games they released in quite a long time.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Sonic Boom's really the first disappointment in the core franchise since Unleashed, even though it's a spin off.
Even then, Unleashed wasn't all bad. :applejack:

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
I agree. Unleashed was a little overrated imo. Sonic Boom isn't as bad as people said but still bad. It's no 06. Lost World got a lot of hate but I thought it was pretty good. Like Nintendo made half the game for them.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
I feel like I'm one of the few that openly loved Lost World. Had some of the best cutscenes and I loved how Sonic was designed and animated in it. I think the parkour element felt very "Sonic-y" to me, and I just had a genuinely great time playing it.

Colors and Generations were fantastic, and Unleashed was almost great, but Lost World I felt I could actually play it as a platformer and explore beyond just the "boost to win" games they kept making.

Yet somehow Sonic always feels awesome in Smash and Boom I'm just allowing to fade away.

Haven't watched the show in a while but that was the best thing to come out of it.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
ghcvgcycvy

I feel you missed the link.

Click it.

Oh now I see.

I watched that video before. Pretty funny.

I assumed your text was just all a color, but I forgot you use that shade of purple.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Oh now I see.

I watched that video before. Pretty funny.

I assumed your text was just all a color, but I forgot you use that shade of purple.

Nah, man. You know it's all 'bout dat Purple Grape drank.

Also, I don't know about pretty funny. I needed a minute to catch my breath and laugh whatever funny I had left in me. Poor Sega; I wonder if they see these quirky edits people do and laugh or cry at themselves.

Last edited:

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
I feel like I'm one of the few that openly loved Lost World. Had some of the best cutscenes and I loved how Sonic was designed and animated in it. I think the parkour element felt very "Sonic-y" to me, and I just had a genuinely great time playing it.

<3

I heard Boom sucked. I haven't seen it.

Last edited:

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
The show's mediocre.
The game's worse.

Lost World as a game is good.
But the acting and scripting in it is if they got all the funny and brilliant dialogue from Colors and threw up on it.

Unleashed is far from overrated. Whoever said that is insane and/or delusional. It was underrated, if anything. :applejack:

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
I've seen people talk about how great it was. I've heard some people say 8 and 9 out of 10. It is NOT a 9. That's crazy talk. The Werehog wasn't good and the speed stages weren't particularly memorable or great outside of Eggmanland, the China place and maybe Spagonia? I think it was. I'm vaguely remembering an ice place. It was a step up from Heroes and Shadow and several from 06 obviously. The new engine was just a shock at the time. I also played the Wii one so if the other was better then MY BAD. I have the 360 one but they put **** behind walls for collectables and I just found that boring. Wish I could just do the stages!

I did like in Lost World how Sonic pissed off Tails by trusting Eggman over him. That could have been a great plot point in a Sonic game with a story. I still think of 06 as the last actual story game. I thought Unleashed and Colors were just little distractions. Guess it's just the direction of the games.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
The show's mediocre.
The game's worse.
The show hits its demographic pretty well.

It's obviously geared toward a young audience, but it's still charming enough for me to find enjoyable.
Lost World as a game is good.
But the acting and scripting in it is if they got all the funny and brilliant dialogue from Colors and threw up on it.
I completely disagree.

I thought the jokes felt way more forced in Colors. Lost World I felt really hit a stride for all the characters and their VAs.
I did like in Lost World how Sonic pissed off Tails by trusting Eggman over him. That could have been a great plot point in a Sonic game with a story. I still think of 06 as the last actual story game. I thought Unleashed and Colors were just little distractions. Guess it's just the direction of the games.
Yes.

And I loved the scene where Dr. Eggman is like, furious at the Deadly Six. So cool. It was probably the most interested I've been in a Sonic game story since like... A long time.
Unleashed is far from overrated. Whoever said that is insane and/or delusional. It was underrated, if anything. :applejack:
Unleashed is like a solid 6 or 7 at most.

It's bogged down far too much by the werehog, amongst other smaller problems.

Unleashed probably still has one of the best animated cutscenes from any Sonic thing ever, though.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Heroes is better than Unleashed Terios. Holy crap. :applejack:

Cama, I'm ashamed that you're our mod. The writing in Lost World was ass.

Last edited:

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Cama, I'm ashamed that you're our mod. The writing in Lost World was ***.
There was like, actual character development. Sonic Colors was just like cheap jokes and then Sonic being like NO TAILS I'LL SAVE YOU and aliens.

Also, some of the in-level boss banter was HILARIOUS. I couldn't believe some of the **** the "emo" one said. Plus I thought that was a cool dynamic that they'd wise crack with you as you progressed through.

Like, Colors got a few laughs out of me and I enjoyed it, but Lost World I think really nailed that "style" they were going for without being overly corny.

Heroes was super okay. I have mostly positive memories.

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
I don't think you could suck at Sonic Heroes. I'm pretty sure you can turn on Rail Canyon, go make a sandwich and come back to a completed level.

Maybe they could make a Sonic Dash for you with no enemies, pits or obstacles. You'd like that.

I even liked Heroes. It just had some annoying design decisions.

Last edited:

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
This is literally the only thing I liked from Lost World

This.

Literally this scene.

How can you say Lost World's writing was bad when this is like the most real and actually awesome Dr. Eggman has been since SatAM? (Or when he loses his mind in the Archie series...)

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Gerald Robotnik stole the show in SA2 imo.

That one clip is just so eerie. I love it.

ThePenguinGamer0

Smash Champion
NNID
Super_Mario_2000
3DS FC
5198-2770-5383
Sonic Lost World was great, in my opinion. I find myself getting hyped for a lot of Sonic games recently, and Lost World definitely lived up to said hype.

I was even more hyped for Boom...

We all know how that one turned out.:c

Top Bottom