• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Sonic Says: Ultimate

jordanm43444

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Jordanm43444
Warning Received (The irony...)
Last edited by a moderator:

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
RIP :(
It'll make you believe in God. By virtue of proving the existence of Satan. It's so bad. I love every minute. Also Knuckles can do the Macho Elbow. My favorite thing is death doesn't reset scenarios so you can stand still in a boss fight and die repeatedly and just move when he's vulnerable. I've died and collected the rings I spilled from dying.
RIP

:093:

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
I'd quite like to get a Peach amiibo and perhaps a Sonic one when it's out if I have the £££.

So today, someone teched my D Throw and rolled into me. Instinct reaction was to go for the regrab...except the new waiting time between grabs meant that it didn't work and I got grabbed instead.

:<

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
the thing is im just seeing stars so I have no idea what is being said that might be a racial slur.
THE MYSTERY IS REAL
I actually did my job.

Conda

aka COBBS - Content Creator (Toronto region)
Tips for fighting against Sonic? I have good knowledge of the game and what Sonic can do, and what his mixup options are, and so forth. However, I cannot get anywhere by playing smart and safe in this matchup. I feel like my physical reaction time limitations prevent me from actually being able to defeat a few Sonic players, and I've tried multiple characters.

Is this possible?

Last edited:

TIL

Smash Rookie
NNID
SDMdom
Do you guys still have the Skype chat? I think I asked there before but no response =/

Last edited:

jordanm43444

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Jordanm43444
Well oopsie doopsie woopsie for not know that specific term was apparently a racial slur. I assumed shortening nationality was fine since I can guarantee "Scots" wont be censored.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Do you guys still have the Skype chat? I think I asked there before but no response =/
I recommend posting your credentials to the Sonic Player Finder first. It's a better place to organize everyone's Skype info.
Or jab, depending on the character
It's sad how not inaccurate this is.
Well oopsie doopsie woopsie for not know that specific term was apparently a racial slur. I assumed shortening nationality was fine since I can guarantee "Scots" wont be censored.
I'll give you slack since it's not like, an apparent offensive term, but yeah.

It's all history and context that gives words their meaning... So shortening the Japanese holds a different connotation than say, the Brits or the Scots.

jordanm43444

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Jordanm43444
So in short im an uneducated ****? Anyway in other news ive started watching gorilla airplane again, the sheer comedy is genius, i was in need of a good laugh.

:059:

kataridragon

Smash Ace
It's ok it is a racial slur but some people in certain circles don't know. We are only a generation or 2 from WWII. I just barely figured out that oriental can be considered racist. It's embarrassing just avoid using it.... Ever.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
So in short im an uneducated ****? Anyway in other news ive started watching gorilla airplane again, the sheer comedy is genius, i was in need of a good laugh.

:059:
Again?

I'm flattered... Unless this is some tactic of appealing to me, b-baka!

But thanks, man. I appreciate it. I'm curious what videos/series/etc. you find yourself enjoying the most, or what ones really resonated with you? I'd love any feedback. It's been a while since we've been able to post something new as I'm working on my biggest project yet...
It's ok it is a racial slur but some people in certain circles don't know. We are only a generation or 2 from WWII. I just barely figured out that oriental can be considered racist. It's embarrassing just avoid using it.... Ever.
Yeah.

jordanm43444

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Jordanm43444
Nah I genuinley am enjoying the work you guys done, as for what series' im enjoying, imma sort it into tiers

Top TIer
Chess Talk
High Tier
Quickies, BtS
Mid Tier
*Whatever the LP series is called cant quite recal right now*

Havent actually watched anything else yet, but an honarable mention has to go towards the Ice Bucket challenge video

Oh and that again wasnt the racial slur

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Hey guys, I'm finally starting to get the content together for a combo video since I never made one for Brawl. I got a couple ideas for songs I wanna use (would only use one cause don't want the vid to be too long),

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EPiyykSczH8 Initial D - Speedy Speed Boy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4ekO1SlX5o Touhou - Emotional Skyscraper ~ Cosmic Mind

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edApcilS51g Open Your Heart (Crush 40 vs. Bentley Jones Remix)

Probably would be the only Sonic song I'd use if I did use one for the combo video. Anyone else got any neat ideas?

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Nah I genuinley am enjoying the work you guys done, as for what series' im enjoying, imma sort it into tiers

Top TIer
Chess Talk
High Tier
Quickies, BtS
Mid Tier
*Whatever the LP series is called cant quite recal right now*
Chess Chat is definitely a series I'm really proud of. I loved the concept going in and I think we executed it far better than I expected. Had a lot of fun with that one so I'm glad you enjoyed it!

Quickies have sort of become things where we have ideas for jokes or something funny happens that doesn't constitute a real video, lol. Groceries is by far the best one, and I think one of our better videos in general. You like the BtS? xD Haha, thanks. Those get pretty silly. Are the BtS better than the actual sketches themselves? >.>

Don't Blow It (our LP series) was sort of an experiment and just something we did for fun because we wanted to. I've been wanting to find a more unique approach for LPs, so maybe we'll start it back up if we think of something. There are solid episodes in there, but it's not as consistent. Altered Beast (the one where we get drunk) was a lot of fun, mostly because of the opening live action sketch we did for it.
Havent actually watched anything else yet, but an honarable mention has to go towards the Ice Bucket challenge video
Haha, thanks man. That was another thing we just sort of whipped up in an hour or two in response to me being challenged.

Shameless Self-Promotion: If anyone wants to see what we're talking about, it's right here ;) It's also in my signature as "Gorilla Airplane".

jordanm43444

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Jordanm43444
Chess Chat is definitely a series I'm really proud of. I loved the concept going in and I think we executed it far better than I expected. Had a lot of fun with that one so I'm glad you enjoyed it!

Quickies have sort of become things where we have ideas for jokes or something funny happens that doesn't constitute a real video, lol. Groceries is by far the best one, and I think one of our better videos in general. You like the BtS? xD Haha, thanks. Those get pretty silly. Are the BtS better than the actual sketches themselves? >.>

Don't Blow It (our LP series) was sort of an experiment and just something we did for fun because we wanted to. I've been wanting to find a more unique approach for LPs, so maybe we'll start it back up if we think of something. There are solid episodes in there, but it's not as consistent. Altered Beast (the one where we get drunk) was a lot of fun, mostly because of the opening live action sketch we did for it.

Haha, thanks man. That was another thing we just sort of whipped up in an hour or two in response to me being challenged.

Shameless Self-Promotion: If anyone wants to see what we're talking about, it's right here ;) It's also in my signature as "Gorilla Airplane".

Lol I meant the actual sketches for BtS...not the Behind the Superheroes in themselves, I messed up.
As far as Dont Blow Its go Wheel of Fortune has been my favorite as of right now, though ill give Alterd Beast a watch after im finished Chess Chat im about halfway through right now.

I think I found out how I love those series' so much though, I love it when people hillariously ramble about random topics, so chess chat instantly appealed to me.

And no shame in that self-promotion, the sheer quality on these vids is outstandingly good!

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Lol I meant the actual sketches for BtS...not the Behind the Superheroes in themselves, I messed up.
Oh, okay xD

We call all of our Behind the Scenes videos [BTS] but change the "S" to mean something fitting of whatever the sketch was about. So for Interconvention, the Behind the Scenes is "Behind the Superhereos".
As far as Dont Blow Its go Wheel of Fortune has been my favorite as of right now, though ill give Alterd Beast a watch after im finished Chess Chat im about halfway through right now.
Wheel of Fortune is definitely one of our most popular and one of our personal favorites as well. A lot of our friends reached out to us on that one. We also got good feedback from both the Pokemon Stadium series. I liked doing those a lot, especially because I put a decent amount of editing work into it.
I think I found out how I love those series' so much though, I love it when people hillariously ramble about random topics, so chess chat instantly appealed to me.
I'm glad it resonated with you! We wanted a podcast style environment, but something that could have visual humor as well so we could make bulk video content.
And no shame in that self-promotion, the sheer quality on these vids is outstandingly good!
:')

my hard work is being noticed

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Best part was I read this as I got to the episode where you guys go over the origins of chess chat xD
The perfect crime. Which turn # was that? I thought it was "History of the Board" but I never actually explain it xD I forgot how much I liked that one. One of the better early ones, imo. They get so much weirder... In the best way.

jordanm43444

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Jordanm43444
Turn 33 "The Origins ft. Lou Ferigno" History of the Board was good but my favorite early one (pre ep 15) goes to amazon history. No idea why though I just found it hilarious.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Turn 33 "The Origins ft. Lou Ferigno" History of the Board was good but my favorite early one (pre ep 15) goes to amazon history. No idea why though I just found it hilarious.
It's so funny to me that you order it as before 15, because everything around and after that point is when things start getting really silly. We start to hit our stride, imo.

I hope you know that the whole thing was improv. We sat in that room for 3 hours straight. When we started I think it was like "alright what do we do" and we just get tired and used to it so we just go so far out. You really start to see a lot of variety (surprisingly...) in the later episodes. Especially when we start doing more jokes with the editing.

jordanm43444

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Jordanm43444
Being an actor I can tell when somethings improv and usually I love things better when there improved, just means theres a bit more creative freedom is allowed rather than sticking to a script thats been processed a dozen times. Obviously circumstances make that PoV different but I do love me some improv vids.

Sonic Orochi

Smash Ace
Welp, reached the limit for replays AGAIN (I mean, who the hell would've thought that having lots of free HD space would fix this, huh) and should now try to make another FG compilation.

Does anyone's game take like 20 seconds to load the replay selection menu? I predict that it will start to feel like 2 minutes after a while..

Also, loading in general and specially when saving replays, the game seems to run faster when on an external HDD rather than on the Wii U's internal storage.. wtf

Last edited:

kataridragon

Smash Ace
We'll I played in the online tourney today. I lost. Cries. Damn sheik and DDD.

Edit: My samus figure broke too.

One more thing and I'm maining diddy kong.

Last edited:
Top Bottom