• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Sonic Says: Ultimate

Spitfire16

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Spitfire94
Hey guys! Happy thanksgiv- Oooooohhhh wait, it's over. RIP me well it still stands, hope everybody had a good holiday if you celebrate it. Continue to go fast.

Sceptile4Smash

Smash Ace
NNID
waterbottle12
Oh man, no doubt that Sonic is the most hated character in the Smash community or at least top 5. Personally, I feel bad for the dude, not just because I'm a Sonic main and fan but because no characters deserve any hate, no matter how "Braindead" they are.

Smash Bros is a fighting game where our favorite Nintendo characters fight it out along with some of the most iconic 3rd party characters out there. The Smash community tends to forget that and instead try to destroy each other rather than supporting each other.

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
For those who aren't aware, Camalange Camalange just took Smash with B.A.E. and didn't drop a set.

Give him props.

Spitfire16

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Spitfire94
Sonic was never mid tier, he was always high. Could you imagine if he kept his original backthrow? Sonic probably would've been S behind Sheik, Sonic is definitely A tier though. I don't think he'll ever drop past that but that's just me.

YoYoFantaFanta

Smash Apprentice
NNID
yoyofantafanta
3DS FC
4914-3889-8963
Sonic was never mid tier, he was always high. Could you imagine if he kept his original backthrow? Sonic probably would've been S behind Sheik, Sonic is definitely A tier though. I don't think he'll ever drop past that but that's just me.
Yeah, but he has mediocre frame data, and the main tool he relies on (spin dash) gets beaten out by anything.

I feel like he was overhyped but I guess I'm wrong.

KyroChao

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kyro_Keatonlabs
Sonics good but not top tier, high but not top. With his original bhrow and usmash maybe top 5

Also i sure hope sega fixes that game

Syndralix

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Syndralix
Congratulations, Camalange! I'm gonna have to scope out those replays to see if I can pick up a new trick or two.

In other news, I came across this a little bit ago:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Congratulations, Camalange! I'm gonna have to scope out those replays to see if I can pick up a new trick or two.

In other news, I came across this a little bit ago:

I was just listening to that song earlier today. It's a really charming remix

:135:

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
I was just about to post about how I've been inactive due to the holidays and competing but... Looks like word already made it here.
My representation of what Camalange Camalange is like whenever he wins a tournament with Sonic

This is actually amazing though. Did you make this?

Also, did you post this before knowing I won? If so, the timing is uncanny and please continue to accidentally forecast my victories.
For those who aren't aware, Camalange Camalange just took Smash with B.A.E. and didn't drop a set.

Give him props.
Grats @ Camalange Camalange ! ♥
Keep up the results!
:196:
Congratulations to Camalange Camalange then. Representing the Sonic nation.
Great Job Camalange Camalange keep up the great work!
Camalange Camalange

Seriously, good job man. Way to represent Sonic.

Thank you guys so much for the support!

This meant so much to me, and seeing you guys react to it only makes it more meaningful. Really grateful for it.

It's been my dream since Brawl to win a tournament with Sonic... And I finally did it. I beat some of PA and NJ's best, including my own crewmate who has gone as far as to double eliminate me at previous tournaments... Top 3 consisted of me fiending my way through Sheiks. I finally proved to myself that I'm capable of winning and becoming even better, so I aim to net even bigger results in the future.

Once the sets are online, I'll be sure to share them with you all.

If anyone can learn from it, that'd be great, but I'd also love to learn from everyone's input as well so I can continue to improve.

Thanks again, guys. Makes my days a little brighter.

:093:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"

Also, did you post this before knowing I won? If so, the timing is uncanny and please continue to accidentally forecast my victories.
Yeah, i made it in photoshop. Sorry if the money looks weird XD

Also, yeah, i kid you not, I literally posted this before I knew you won the tournament. I didn't even know you were at a tournament. I'm glad to see you like it.

This meant so much to me, and seeing you guys react to it only makes it more meaningful. Really grateful for it.

It's been my dream since Brawl to win a tournament with Sonic... And I finally did it. I beat some of PA and NJ's best, including my own crewmate who has gone as far as to double eliminate me at previous tournaments... Top 3 consisted of me fiending my way through Sheiks. I finally proved to myself that I'm capable of winning and becoming even better, so I aim to net even bigger results in the future.

If anyone can learn from it, that'd be great, but I'd also love to learn from everyone's input as well so I can continue to improve.

Aw, you're welcome Camalange:happysheep:

Last edited:

YoYoFantaFanta

Smash Apprentice
NNID
yoyofantafanta
3DS FC
4914-3889-8963
I was just about to post about how I've been inactive due to the holidays and competing but... Looks like word already made it here.

Great job. I'd love to see it since I'm one of the few who likes watching Sonic sets.

I recently went to my first tourney with an actual ruleset. I didn't do so well, but one day I'll win a true tournament.

I'd also love advice as to how to improve. The main advice I got was being too aggressive and too predictable (although I heard from some commentator [I think his name was Koopa] that Iwas doing some good mixups with spin dashes).

I hope we both go further with our goals.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Yeah, i made it in photoshop. Sorry if the money looks weird XD
No, I thought it was really fun.
Also, yeah, i kid you not, I literally posted this before I knew you won the tournament. I didn't even know you were at a tournament. I'm glad to see you like it.

Aw, you're welcome Camalange:happysheep:

My good luck charm?

Well, thanks again.
Great job. I'd love to see it since I'm one of the few who likes watching Sonic sets.
Thanks!
I recently went to my first tourney with an actual ruleset. I didn't do so well, but one day I'll win a true tournament.

I'd also love advice as to how to improve. The main advice I got was being too aggressive and too predictable (although I heard from some commentator [I think his name was Koopa] that Iwas doing some good mixups with spin dashes).

I hope we both go further with our goals.
Wait lmao where and when was this?

I talk to Koopa all the time. He's a commentator.

But yes, of course, best of luck to you too. I want to hear more about this.
Grats, Cam!

Don't forget the winning steak!
Never forget.

winningsteakdg3copy.gif

YoYoFantaFanta

Smash Apprentice
NNID
yoyofantafanta
3DS FC
4914-3889-8963

My good luck charm?

Well, thanks again.

Thanks!

Wait lmao where and when was this?

I talk to Koopa all the time. He's a commentator.

But yes, of course, best of luck to you too. I want to hear more about this.

Never forget.

View attachment 85578

I think it was him. He had a Sonic controller and he mainly played Sonic and Falco with a bit of Meta Knight in friendlies.

It was at a comic shop in NJ on saturday. I went under the tag Kinky.

I hope you continue your winning steak and that I get to start my winning steak. Just know that if we ever meet in tournament, I get default Sonic.

SonicMario

Smash Master
I still don't get all this steak stuff.

View attachment 85567
I don't remember the full story but basically it was back in the Brawl days where there was a time or at least one tournament where Sonic was doing fairly well. A user meant to say Winning Streak but instead typoed into Winning Steak

Camalange (And probably some others but mostly Cam) has made sure it remains an ongoing in-joke between Sonic mains ever since.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
I don't remember the full story but basically it was back in the Brawl days where there was a time or at least one tournament where Sonic was doing fairly well. A user meant to say Winning Streak but instead typoed into Winning Steak

Camalange (And probably some others but mostly Cam) has made sure it remains an ongoing in-joke between Sonic mains ever since.
Still sounds bizarre, but ok.

hypersonicJD

Smash Journeyman
NNID
I don't have
3DS FC
2122-7467-7267
And for me it's a really nice joke. We have a ****ing steak for winning! That is awesome on it's own :O

Syndralix

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Syndralix
So for those that were around pre-Brawl, how was being a Sonic supporter like?
Pre-Brawl? Well, think about all the "Cloud in Smash" jokes that were made over the years before his official announcement, and that was basically Sonic's situation.

Granted, I don't know this from first-hand experience. Smash has always been a Nintendo thing for me, and I always loved it for what it is no matter who's on the roster, so Sonic in Smash was more "pleasant surprise" than "existence validation."

KyroChao

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kyro_Keatonlabs
Sonic set little me's hype into overdrive. Was a great feeling not gonna lie and i dont think anything has matched it yet haha

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Well that's good to hear

My good luck charm?

Well, thanks again.
I guess?

your welcome!

I still don't get all this steak stuff.

View attachment 85567
Same here, I don't know what it's from either

Well that's a weird story. Not unbelievable, but still weird.

Top Bottom