• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Sonic Says: Ultimate

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
That story is inaccurate. Only orochi, cam, kupy and i can tell of its graces.:applejack:

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
So for those that were around pre-Brawl, how was being a Sonic supporter like?
It was a pipe-dream, but still the most likely 3rd party candidate if they were to go with one... And sure enough they did.
I think it was him. He had a Sonic controller and he mainly played Sonic and Falco with a bit of Meta Knight in friendlies.

It was at a comic shop in NJ on saturday. I went under the tag Kinky.

I hope you continue your winning steak and that I get to start my winning steak. Just know that if we ever meet in tournament, I get default Sonic.
lmao yeah that sounds just like him. Classic.

But yes, thank you, and you can have default. I already have my color.

For those of you who want a condensed telling of the Winning Steak story, look no further...

http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/winning-steak-093

:093:

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Sonic was basically the most highly requested character for Brawl period, right?
Pretty much.

So much so, that I'm sure you can remember the April Fool's Melee prank about unlocking Sonic & Tails...

SonicMario

Smash Master
Don't forget part of the reason they delayed the game's release was to get Sonic in. How many characters in Smash supported in the past can say that?

Luig

Confused
You know, Brawl Minus might get a chance to shine now....
But still....
I feel really sad about that.
Brawl was my first smash game. However I did get PM a few months after, and while I didn't play it as much as vBrawl, I still loved it.
RIP PAL release.

KyroChao

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kyro_Keatonlabs
Granted the game isnt DEAD, it's just not being worked on anymore, though apparently you have to get it from other sources.

On that note, a dev build was leaked which contains what were going to be the new characters, but knuckles is the only one even close to completion, the other two Lyn and Isaac are broken. Knuckles is almost down, seems to just lack sounds. So thats actually really neat

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"

IvanQuote

Smash Ace
NNID
ivanquote
3DS FC
1693-3075-2999
Don't forget part of the reason they delayed the game's release was to get Sonic in. How many characters in Smash supported in the past can say that?
True, but that's unfortunately a double edged sword. For those who didn't like Sonic at the time (i.e. Practically right after '06 blew up) they feel that they can blame Sonic on the poor competitive balance, poor wi fi, poor why ever else people hated Brawl, etc. etc.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Someone on 4chan leaked some of the new P:M stuff that was being worked on, like Knuckles. Mods say we aren't allowed to link that though, so I can't really help people there.

However, we are allowed to link to this.

http://projectmirror.no-ip.org/

This contains all officially released versions of P:M. If you are missing the latest version or want one of the older ones, you can get them here.

YoYoFantaFanta

Smash Apprentice
NNID
yoyofantafanta
3DS FC
4914-3889-8963
It was a pipe-dream, but still the most likely 3rd party candidate if they were to go with one... And sure enough they did.

lmao yeah that sounds just like him. Classic.

But yes, thank you, and you can have default. I already have my color.

For those of you who want a condensed telling of the Winning Steak story, look no further...

http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/winning-steak-093

Apparently there were also a few other people there who are big names, like ADHD and Avalon.
So I found this. Thought it was pretty funny. Mean, but funny

This feels appropriate

Well, that is actually a very interesting story. There were things there I never knew. Like how it was originally Owning Steak rather than Winning Steak.

:135:
Game Grumps/Jontron were already annoying.

Also, Tails should get in before Knuckles.

Syndralix

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Syndralix
So apparently a devbuild of Project M was leaked a while ago...

KyroChao

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kyro_Keatonlabs
Considering a PMDev team member came out and made a statement about the dev builds, to stop using them as they are potentially a legal grey area for the team its safe to say this is a legit build. Plus the new art just for knuckles, Lyn, and isaac and revamped artwork found in the build is convincing enough.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
who are you

jk
Apparently there were also a few other people there who are big names, like ADHD and Avalon.
I talked to Koopa and he remembered you.

Also, Avalon is the guy who I had to beat in Grand Finals at this past tournament I took.
So apparently a devbuild of Project M was leaked a while ago...

This is worse than Sonic's Dair.

I would've played PM again for like, a day, if it had Knuckles. Shame to see all that work go to waste.

Syndralix

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Syndralix
This is worse than Sonic's Dair.

I would've played PM again for like, a day, if it had Knuckles. Shame to see all that work go to waste.

Rumor has it some fans are taking one of the leaked devbuilds and touching it up to finish what was started. They're saying Knuckles and Lyn are about 90% done, so they'll be first, then Isaac will come some time later.

Last edited:
Top Bottom