• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Sonic Says: Ultimate

YoYoFantaFanta

Smash Apprentice
NNID
yoyofantafanta
3DS FC
4914-3889-8963
Why has no one mention Young Link? His just as likely to return as the other vets (except Wolf)

The fact that they are failing to deliver good games? (Or at least good Sonic games)
That's not true. He's not the least likely veteran, but he's a clone which is only shared with Pichu and somewhat Wolf of the vets not in Smash 4. Wolf is more unique and they already brought back Lucas who had the same chances as Wolf. Squirtle and Ivysaur have unique movesets, as do Snake and Ice Climbers. Ice Climbers were cut due to tech restraints so there was intent to put them in the game, but now there's more time to work around the tech restraints. Squirtle and Ivysaur are less popular than Mewtwo was, but they're still unique characters who were in a former Smash game (although they'd need one or two new specials and a final smash). Snake has copyright issues. Young Link is less likely than them. That doesn't mean he won't get in though.

Also, are you saying that Unleashed, Colors, Generations, and Lost World were bad games?

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
That's not true. He's not the least likely veteran, but he's a clone which is only shared with Pichu and somewhat Wolf of the vets not in Smash 4. Wolf is more unique and they already brought back Lucas who had the same chances as Wolf. Squirtle and Ivysaur have unique movesets, as do Snake and Ice Climbers. Ice Climbers were cut due to tech restraints so there was intent to put them in the game, but now there's more time to work around the tech restraints. Squirtle and Ivysaur are less popular than Mewtwo was, but they're still unique characters who were in a former Smash game (although they'd need one or two new specials and a final smash). Snake has copyright issues. Young Link is less likely than them. That doesn't mean he won't get in though.

Also, are you saying that Unleashed, Colors, Generations, and Lost World were bad games?
Yes, but heres the thing. Snake has the copy right issues (or something) going on and yes, while Squirtle and Ivy have a much great chance for being unique, which one do you choose? Seriously, they most like won't choose both since then there would be way too many Pokemon reps (not that it really bothers me though) and if that's the case, which one do you choose? Either way, there will be a lot of out rage. Yes, Young Link is a clone and is a 3rd Link, but we already have 3 Marths and they could easily make Young Link unique.

I talking about Boom Series more. (and '06)

:135:

SonicMario

Smash Master
Neither of the Boom games were made by Sonic Team

And on veterans, Wolf and Snake are our best bets for returns. Here's the rundown

:pichumelee: = Even Sakurai doesn't seem to want him back (Pichu was not present at all in the Forbidden 7)
:younglinkmelee: = Spiritually succeeded by :toonlink::4tlink: Sorry that you heavily disagree on this, but that's the general feel people get.
:popo:= With 3DS version still an issue, the only way we see the Ice Climbers back in Smash 4 is if they become Ice Climber (Popo and Nana being Gender alts ala :4robinm::4robinf: and :4wiifit::4wiifitm:)
:snake: = Yes Konami's kinda in a hellish situation right now. But no one thought :4cloud: was going to make it. Sakurai could have easily gotten permission to use Snake again. As much as I do like Cloud's inclusion, Snake has more to do with Nintendo then Cloud does. It feels all the more empty without him. If there's still more 3rd Parties coming after Cloud (At the moment I don't think there will but I'm willing to be surprised). I think Snake's return is one of the most likely possibilities aside from Rayman.
:wolf: = 4 of the 6 current DLC characters are all veterans. At this rate. I will be shocked that Wolf doesn't become DLC. Could easily be used to promote Star Fox Zero and is the last remaining really feasible Brawl veteran to return
:ivysaur:& :squirtle: = As much as I preferred them over playing as :4charizard:. They're not as popular as Charizard was. They're not popular enough to warrant return as DLC. And we already got :4mewtwo:. The one Pokemon everyone and their grandma wanted back

jaimex2

Smash Apprentice
NNID
jaimex2
Ice climbers may still be in the running. There are tons of optimisations they can do including lowers polygon count models or lower frame rate Nana like assist trophies. 8 Zeldas using guardians doesnt hinder the game one bit.

jordanm43444

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Jordanm43444
lower frame rate Nana like assist trophies.
Yea...nah. If Nana runs at a lower framerate it will be much harder to see when she can actually be punished if Popo isnt next to her ontop of not knowing the proper frame data due it being a mess when she is standing next to anything.
Pikmin get away with this since there really isnt any real frame data attached to them in comparison to what Nana has, they are essentially 2 characters in 1 which is something people tend to forget. Unlike Rosalina where its full on puppet, theres no AI attached at all.

YoYoFantaFanta

Smash Apprentice
NNID
yoyofantafanta
3DS FC
4914-3889-8963
Yes, but heres the thing. Snake has the copy right issues (or something) going on and yes, while Squirtle and Ivy have a much great chance for being unique, which one do you choose? Seriously, they most like won't choose both since then there would be way too many Pokemon reps (not that it really bothers me though) and if that's the case, which one do you choose? Either way, there will be a lot of out rage. Yes, Young Link is a clone and is a 3rd Link, but we already have 3 Marths and they could easily make Young Link unique.

I talking about Boom Series more. (and '06)

Like SonicMario said, Boom games weren't made by Sonic Team. It's quite ironic that people who say modern Sonic is bad usually only refer to 06 and spinoffs.

One of those moves was an alt that was glorified and the other was a fan favorite from melee. Young Link wasn't anymore of a fan favorite than Link or Toon Link was.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Neither of the Boom games were made by Sonic Team

And on veterans, Wolf and Snake are our best bets for returns. Here's the rundown

:pichumelee: = Even Sakurai doesn't seem to want him back (Pichu was not present at all in the Forbidden 7)
:younglinkmelee: = Spiritually succeeded by :toonlink::4tlink: Sorry that you heavily disagree on this, but that's the general feel people get.
:popo:= With 3DS version still an issue, the only way we see the Ice Climbers back in Smash 4 is if they become Ice Climber (Popo and Nana being Gender alts ala :4robinm::4robinf: and :4wiifit::4wiifitm:)
:snake: = Yes Konami's kinda in a hellish situation right now. But no one thought :4cloud: was going to make it. Sakurai could have easily gotten permission to use Snake again. As much as I do like Cloud's inclusion, Snake has more to do with Nintendo then Cloud does. It feels all the more empty without him. If there's still more 3rd Parties coming after Cloud (At the moment I don't think there will but I'm willing to be surprised). I think Snake's return is one of the most likely possibilities aside from Rayman.
:wolf: = 4 of the 6 current DLC characters are all veterans. At this rate. I will be shocked that Wolf doesn't become DLC. Could easily be used to promote Star Fox Zero and is the last remaining really feasible Brawl veteran to return
:ivysaur:& :squirtle: = As much as I preferred them over playing as :4charizard:. They're not as popular as Charizard was. They're not popular enough to warrant return as DLC. And we already got :4mewtwo:. The one Pokemon everyone and their grandma wanted back

I can see your points. Serious here, when you do take way Snakes 'issues' he and Wolf are the most likely VETs to return. But still, you prove that point that I was trying to make in that Young Link's chances of return aren't really as low as people are making them out to be.

Again, with Gay supposedly being Young Link's 'spiritual successor' that is all to it, a feeling. Sakurai as not come out and said that Young Link was replaced by Gay so unless Sakurai says so, I refuse to believe it.

Like SonicMario said, Boom games weren't made by Sonic Team. It's quite ironic that people who say modern Sonic is bad usually only refer to 06 and spinoffs.

One of those moves was an alt that was glorified and the other was a fan favorite from melee. Young Link wasn't anymore of a fan favorite than Link or Toon Link was.
Sorry, I should have said that I was referring more to SEGA making bad choice rather than Sonic Team themseleves. Seriously, sometimes I just wonder what SEGA is thinking.

But he still has supporters

YoYoFantaFanta

Smash Apprentice
NNID
yoyofantafanta
3DS FC
4914-3889-8963
I can see your points. Serious here, when you do take way Snakes 'issues' he and Wolf are the most likely VETs to return. But still, you prove that point that I was trying to make in that Young Link's chances of return aren't really as low as people are making them out to be.

Again, with Gay supposedly being Young Link's 'spiritual successor' that is all to it, a feeling. Sakurai as not come out and said that Young Link was replaced by Gay so unless Sakurai says so, I refuse to believe it.

Sorry, I should have said that I was referring more to SEGA making bad choice rather than Sonic Team themseleves. Seriously, sometimes I just wonder what SEGA is thinking.

But he still has supporters

Not as many as other vets or characters.

Honestly, you and maybe a few people on /r/smashbros are the only people I've seen who heavily support Young Link.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Not as many as other vets or characters.

Honestly, you and maybe a few people on /r/smashbros are the only people I've seen who heavily support Young Link.
http://smashboards.com/threads/dawn...cloned-hope-for-moveset-changes-rises.324215/

BAM! 31 supporters.

okay, it's not nearly as many as Wolf or others, but considering who it is, it's a lot. Also, thinking outside the box, imagine how many of these people have brothers/sisters/friends who also support Young Link/ were convicted to help support him. the increase the numbers exponentially

YoYoFantaFanta

Smash Apprentice
NNID
yoyofantafanta
3DS FC
4914-3889-8963
http://smashboards.com/threads/dawn...cloned-hope-for-moveset-changes-rises.324215/

BAM! 31 supporters.

okay, it's not nearly as many as Wolf or others, but considering who it is, it's a lot. Also, thinking outside the box, imagine how many of these people have brothers/sisters/friends who also support Young Link/ were convicted to help support him. the increase the numbers exponentially

I've seen this Majora's Mask thing before. The model is literally changing for three of his specials. If the 3ds can't handle ice climbers, they can't handle this incarnation of Young Link.

Besides, that's pretty low support for a veteran for dlc

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
I've seen this Majora's Mask thing before. The model is literally changing for three of his specials. If the 3ds can't handle ice climbers, they can't handle this incarnation of Young Link.

Besides, that's pretty low support for a veteran for dlc
Oh, i wasn't really talking about his moveset and if you look, we have mange to create other movesets based around the mask with transformation

And like i said, I know it's not really a lot of supports, but then again, consider who the character is. Everyone keeps say that no one wants Young Link back and look, people do want Young Link back.

YoYoFantaFanta

Smash Apprentice
NNID
yoyofantafanta
3DS FC
4914-3889-8963
Oh, i wasn't really talking about his moveset and if you look, we have mange to create other movesets based around the mask with transformation

And like i said, I know it's not really a lot of supports, but then again, consider who the character is. Everyone keeps say that no one wants Young Link back and look, people do want Young Link back.

I never said no one wants him back. I'm just saying less people want him than other veterans and it's highly unlikely that he will return.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I have faith in that Sakurai will do the right thing, and keep that vermin out of my Smash Bros. :applejack:

SonicMario

Smash Master
In my Project M build I added a Classic Sonic alt. It makes Classic Sonic slightly taller then Modern Sonic. But it works perfectly fine and looks great. I don't hate the Modern Sonic design at all, but it would be nice to have Classic Sonic as an option in more games (And I mean besides Generations and all that). I really like both Sonic designs.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
In my Project M build I added a Classic Sonic alt. It makes Classic Sonic slightly taller then Modern Sonic. But it works perfectly fine and looks great. I don't hate the Modern Sonic design at all, but it would be nice to have Classic Sonic as an option in more games (And I mean besides Generations and all that). I really like both Sonic designs.
I'd like it if they had more of the figure 8 legs. They're really cool (and funny XD )

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
I loved that Lost World gave Sonic the figure 8 run cycle.

Same with Brawl/Sm4sh. It's so cool.

:093:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
I loved that Lost World gave Sonic the figure 8 run cycle.

Same with Brawl/Sm4sh. It's so cool.

Plus in the console version the little wind up he has if you hold the run button when he stands still. :3

Personal, I think they should keep the figure 8 run cycle for Sonic.

Wolley2xjd

Banned via Administration
Just to let you guys know, Shattered Crystal was a good game, that is all.

Also found this.

1447907568464.png

kek.

Last edited:

Wolley2xjd

Banned via Administration
I've been think about picking up Shattered Crystal. I played the demo and enjoyed it. What is your review of it?

I don't get it

The exploration is kinda forced since you have to have a about 9/10 crystal pieces to get to the final level but it's so easy to do that it's not even a problem, plus it's possible to unlock a map guide that can help you find the crystals anyway, plus the game is short so it's very to pick up and play, also the music good too.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Maybe when you're older.

:I

The exploration is kinda forced since you have to have a about 9/10 crystal pieces to get to the final level but it's so easy to do that it's not even a problem, plus it's possible to unlock a map guide that can help you find the crystals anyway, plus the game is short so it's very to pick up and play, also the music good too.
That sounds nice

IvanQuote

Smash Ace
NNID
ivanquote
3DS FC
1693-3075-2999
I don't get it

That is a scene from the anime "One Punch Man", specifically this guy named "Speed-of-Sound Sonic" is fighting the main character and...lands on the main character's fist very painfully. Hence, Sonic and Knuckles. Violent anime notwithstanding I'm not sure what being older has to do with the joke's comprehension.

Top Bottom