• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Sonic Says: Ultimate

Lizam

Smash Cadet
NNID
Lizzam
Yeah, considering we had the brawl FD theme playing at the end of the trailer with the announcement of the December Smash news, I think veteran(s) are definitely likely to come with Cloud.

It will likely only be Wolf with Cloud though. Ice Climbers are still a no-no cause of 3DS and 8 player smash. Snake would be an amazing surprise but it's not going to happen because of #****onami

Edit:
Oh, completely forgot about Squirtle & Ivysaur. It would be awesome to have them back as individual fighters too, but I can see that everyone would start complaining that there's way too many Pokemon :(

Last edited:

Sonic Orochi

Smash Ace
Oh, completely forgot about Squirtle & Ivysaur. It would be awesome to have them back as individual fighters too, but I can see that everyone would start complaining that there's way too many Pokemon :(
Yeah, specially Game Freak.

Syndralix

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Syndralix
It will likely only be Wolf with Cloud though. Ice Climbers are still a no-no cause of 3DS and 8 player smash. Snake would be an amazing surprise but it's not going to happen because of #****onami
I honestly wouldn't be surprised if the Smash team found a way to make Ice Climbers work in spite of the 3DS limitations. They are the most-requested veteran(s) behind Wolf, after all.

As for Snake, we don't know what's happening behind closed doors. There may be some political finagling going on behind the scenes that'll make things more reasonable for Konami and/or Kojima to soften up.

Remember: Cloud Strife is in the game. ANYTHING is possible.

KyroChao

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kyro_Keatonlabs
Anything is possible with cloud now, who knows.

And yeah I don't think we'll get a pokemon veteran, i really do think we have enough pokemon in the roster. But thats just me. I'd love to see wolf or the ice climbers back though.

YoYoFantaFanta

Smash Apprentice
NNID
yoyofantafanta
3DS FC
4914-3889-8963
Yeah, considering we had the brawl FD theme playing at the end of the trailer with the announcement of the December Smash news, I think veteran(s) are definitely likely to come with Cloud.

Edit:
It's okay, everyone forgets.
Anything is possible with cloud now, who knows.

And yeah I don't think we'll get a pokemon veteran, i really do think we have enough pokemon in the roster. But thats just me. I'd love to see wolf or the ice climbers back though.
They should have left Squirtle and Ivysaur in, scrapped Greninja, and maybe dropped Lucario too.

SonicMario

Smash Master
It's okay, everyone forgets.

They should have left Squirtle and Ivysaur in, scrapped Greninja, and maybe dropped Lucario too.
That would mean every single rep was from the 1st generation. I'm someone who stopped being into Pokemon during Gen 3. But even I don't think I'd want fans of the newer generations pissed off like that. They already kinda get annoyed that Gen 1 has four of the six reps.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
So u Main Cloud now huh ? :)
Yup! Without a doubt. But I'm still going to keep Sonic around. I've played him from the very beginning of Brawl into Smash 4's time, and he's still one of my favorite video game characters of all time.

But yyeah... If Cloud and Sonic were both in Brawl? I wouldn't have pushed myself to be a high level Sonic player, let's just say that.

[EDIT]

Also, I'm calling it right now. The final DLC character to be put into the game before development finally wraps up on Smash Wii U/3DS? Just for this one punchline.

Last edited:

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
I'm a Mewtwo/Lucas/Roy/Ryu/Cloud main now :)

:093:

KyroChao

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kyro_Keatonlabs
Maybe it's just an error in my part, but has anyone else had sonic wall jump more often than not kill them rather than save them? Sometimes when recovering i'll do a wall jump at the high point of the ledge or while going up a sloped part of the understage just to wall jump and go of course so that i die instead. Has anyone else had an issue witht he wall jump killing them rather than saving them?

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Maybe it's just an error in my part, but has anyone else had sonic wall jump more often than not kill them rather than save them? Sometimes when recovering i'll do a wall jump at the high point of the ledge or while going up a sloped part of the understage just to wall jump and go of course so that i die instead. Has anyone else had an issue witht he wall jump killing them rather than saving them?
You have to hold towards the ledge in order for him to get closer to it and grab it.

Yep.

Syndralix

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Syndralix
I'm a Mewtwo/Lucas/Roy/Ryu/Cloud main now :)

Just call yourself a DLC main and be done with it.

Oh yes. Omega Port Town Aero Dive is a notorious wall-jumper slayer.

Sonic Orochi

Smash Ace
Sonic's wall jump is ****. At least to recover. And the change from pressing jump to just pressing away from the wall just screws us up even more.

Be very, VERY careful when trying to steer a Spring Jump that's slightly under a stage (BF, SV and T&C come to mind). Wall jumping away from the ledge means certain death.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Just call yourself a DLC main and be done with it.

Sonic's wall jump is ****. At least to recover. And the change from pressing jump to just pressing away from the wall just screws us up even more.

Be very, VERY careful when trying to steer a Spring Jump that's slightly under a stage (BF, SV and T&C come to mind). Wall jumping away from the ledge means certain death.
Yeah, I can't stand that change. I really hate it.

KyroChao

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kyro_Keatonlabs
Yeah those stages are the biggest culprits of my wall jump deaths, and omega norfair is an absolute nightmare for me if im under stage stage at all. And the change is stupid and makes really no sense to me.

IvanQuote

Smash Ace
NNID
ivanquote
3DS FC
1693-3075-2999

Luig

Confused
I'm still waiting for them to fix BSBS...
either way, I think we should just hope that we can start a streak of not getting nerfed every patch.....

YoYoFantaFanta

Smash Apprentice
NNID
yoyofantafanta
3DS FC
4914-3889-8963
Are we still mentioning DLC characters we want?

Squirtle, Ivysaur, Wolf, Simon Belmont, Tails, Eggman, Shadow.

I guess Crash would be cool, but I'd want to try out a game of his first. Maybe Chun Li or at least a set of Ken skins for Ryu.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
If any of you guys are interested, SEGA have put tons of Sonic soundtracks on Spotify, as well as the soundtrack for Jet Set Radio: Future.

For those of you who don't know what Spotify is, it's a free service that allows you to listen to music online, and you can even create playlists. It's great for if you're doing work in an office or in college or something and want some background music.

http://forums.sonicretro.org/index.php?showtopic=34984

Last edited:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Why has no one mention Young Link? His just as likely to return as the other vets (except Wolf)

Really now? That's fairly interesting, i wonder what brought them to do that
The fact that they are failing to deliver good games? (Or at least good Sonic games)

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
The idea that anyone genuinely believes that Young Link is coming back ever makes me giggle. :applejack:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
The idea that anyone genuinely believes that Young Link is coming back ever makes me giggle. :applejack:
Well then. I glad that I amuse you. But no the less, I can guarantee you that Young Link will come back. I mean, if Cloud got in, why can't Young Link?

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Toon link like completely made young link irrelevant :p
Why does everyone keep freaking saying that?!

It's like saying the Lucina made Roy irrelevant or that customs have made Wolf irrelevant but look, Roy is back in Smash and Wolf is all most certainly in too.

Syndralix

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Syndralix
You guys are gonna feel real silly if Young Link does get back in. I'm not on his hype train myself, but remember: ANYTHING is possible. I hope I don't need to add more formatting to the word "anything" to get that point across.

As far as Sonic reps go, I think Shadow has the best shot. For all the people who hate him, there are just as many who adore him, because edgy is cool grrr etc etc. And let's be honest - how many people would waste ballot votes just to say "Not Shadow?" I'm sure they'd much rather suggest Knuckles or Tails or Eggman or Original the Character Donut Steel. That's how ballots work. You vote for what you want, not against what you don't want. (I personally voted for Eggman because I love Mike Pollock's hamtastic acting, but that's beside the point. =P)

SonicMario

Smash Master
Clearly, the 3rd Link in Smash will be Linkle eventually :V

But yeah I personally think Toon Link is pretty much Young Link's successor. I know they're probably not fundamentally EXACTLY the same (But they do have more then a few similarities) both in gameplay and they're different links in general (But then again it's kinda like starting an uproar because you start saying they cut Link after Melee and replaced him with... well... Link. Cause 64-Melee Link is Ocarina of Time Link and Brawl-Smash 4 is Twilight Princess Link. It's noticeable to those aware of Zelda, but most non-Zelda fans won't really care). Sakurai likes younger link as the "True" Link to him. But that's why he has Toon Link now so he can still have his younger link but now it represents a different part of the Zelda series.

As for 2nd Sonic reps, Sakurai seems to have a clear choice for more classic and iconic characters even if they're not not necessarily as popular as some others (But let's be real, Tails, Knuckles, and Eggman are still very very popular. Good enough to be picked before Shadow as Playable when combined with their iconic status). Besides, Shadow's an assist trophy in the current game. At least in terms of DLC, I don't see an Assist Trophy being promoted in-game. It'd have to go to Smash 5, and even then I'd still suspect Tails and/or Knuckles gets in over Shadow.

Syndralix

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Syndralix
Besides, Shadow's an assist trophy in the current game. At least in terms of DLC, I don't see an Assist Trophy being promoted in-game.
Oh yeah, I forgot about that. =/

Welp, time to fuel up the Eggman hype train!

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
The idea that anyone thinks that literally anything is possible is kinda ridiculous tbh. :applejack:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
You are all way to pessimistic.

Look, I know Young Link doesn't have a high chance and that people believe Toon Link = Young Link. And I know that if Young Link doesn't come back, I will know the reasons and will accept them, though not with being upset. But know this! If Young link does get back into Smash, know for sure that I will be rubbing it in all your faces. the lot of ya!
Because there's no way in hell they'd add three Links to a game. :applejack:
Three Marths
:4marth::4lucina::4feroy:

With the possibility of 3 Foxes

Just saying.

You guys are gonna feel real silly if Young Link does get back in. I'm not on his hype train myself, but remember: ANYTHING is possible. I hope I don't need to add more formatting to the word "anything" to get that point across.

As far as Sonic reps go, I think Shadow has the best shot. For all the people who hate him, there are just as many who adore him, because edgy is cool grrr etc etc. And let's be honest - how many people would waste ballot votes just to say "Not Shadow?" I'm sure they'd much rather suggest Knuckles or Tails or Eggman or Original the Character Donut Steel. That's how ballots work. You vote for what you want, not against what you don't want. (I personally voted for Eggman because I love Mike Pollock's hamtastic acting, but that's beside the point. =P)
Thank you!

Also, what about Tails?

As much as I like Young Link, I gotta agree with the pessimistic side here. In my eyes, Toon Link IS Young Link in Super Smash Bros.
Again, no.

Clearly, the 3rd Link in Smash will be Linkle eventually :V

But yeah I personally think Toon Link is pretty much Young Link's successor. I know they're probably not fundamentally EXACTLY the same (But they do have more then a few similarities) both in gameplay and they're different links in general (But then again it's kinda like starting an uproar because you start saying they cut Link after Melee and replaced him with... well... Link. Cause 64-Melee Link is Ocarina of Time Link and Brawl-Smash 4 is Twilight Princess Link. It's noticeable to those aware of Zelda, but most non-Zelda fans won't really care). Sakurai likes younger link as the "True" Link to him. But that's why he has Toon Link now so he can still have his younger link but now it represents a different part of the Zelda series.
No, no, no no. Just, no.

Linkle < Young Link

Fixed that for you.

:135:

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
You are all way to pessimistic.

Look, I know Young Link doesn't have a high chance and that people believe Toon Link = Young Link. And I know that if Young Link doesn't come back, I will know the reasons and will accept them, though not with being upset. But know this! If Young link does get back into Smash, know for sure that I will be rubbing it in all your faces. the lot of ya!

Three Marths
:4marth::4lucina::4feroy:

With the possibility of 3 Foxes

Just saying.

Thank you!

Also, what about Tails?

Again, no.

No, no, no no. Just, no.

Fixed that for you.

:135:
Dude, don't take it so hard, we're not beating on Young Link just to piss you off.

Last edited:
Top Bottom