• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Sonic Says: Ultimate

Spitfire16

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Spitfire94
Carol too easy? I heard about that but, again, I'm only interested in Lilac. Millia is supposed to be hard mode I heard...but how can you not enjoy god tier bike?

Last edited:

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
It's not that I don't enjoy it. It just makes the game too easy. The hardest experience I've had in the game is playing as Lilac. She's really vulnerable. Millia just shield spams and Carol's special kicks are really easy to maneuver with. On the bike you have zero excuse to die. :applejack:

Last edited:

KyroChao

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kyro_Keatonlabs
Have yet to play freedom planet, i want to i just have other priorities at the moment like undertale. I also want to save for Xenoblade X so i need to be a little strict with my spending money

Spitfire16

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Spitfire94
It's not that I don't enjoy it. It just makes the game too easy. The hardest experience I've had in the game is playing as Lilac. She's really vulnerable. Millia just shield spams and Carol's special kicks are really easy to maneuver with. On the bike you have zero excuse to die. :applejack:
I can see that, most people seem to love Carol. The bike is epic but I'm a Lilac guy lol. I think Carol is going to be in this upcoming indie kart racer too. Well, duh, she has a bike but I would've preferred seeing Lilac. Let her borrow the Blue Star and we'd be good. Not really though because that would never happen.

Last edited:

IvanQuote

Smash Ace
NNID
ivanquote
3DS FC
1693-3075-2999
I like playing as all 3 Freedom Planet people. My favorite is Carol with Motorbike. The motorbike is tied with the Mario cape as my favorite power up due to just giving and never taking away. Milla is fun with working around her restrictions and Lilac is just fast. Torque looks a lot like Vectorman to me and I'm curious about Spade's gimmick.

Bombsoldier13

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2191-7848-4007
I'd just like to point out that Samus is apparently high tier... My brother would have had a MUCH easier time winning the tournament we went to last Thursday if that was the case haha!

Last edited:

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Guys, that's based strictly off of Anther's Ladder, and primarily off of usage.

:093:

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Really?

Have you considered possible maining him?

:135:
Nope.

Sonic is an amazing character and he's Sonic so...

If Sonic wasn't in this game though, I'd main either Pit, Peach, or Diddy I think.

Spitfire16

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Spitfire94
Speaking of Yoshi I don't understand his character. How does one fight him? Every time I go against one he just out prioritizes everything.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Anyone else getting Sonic: Lost World on Steam today? It comes out in about 2 hours and 45 minutes.

I'm just here waiting on my download code to come from GetGamesGo.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
So it turns out the port has a lot of problems.

First off, these are the graphics options:

Basically not a whole lot. At all.

But the main issue is that the game has a problem with PCs and Laptops that use NVIDIA Optimus (which mine does so I basically can't play it right now). NVIDIA Optimus is supposed to switch between a high performance NVIDIA GPU and a standard Intel GPU depending on the software being used, and you can also force programs to use one or the other. However, Lost World will only use the Intel GPU for some reason if you have NVIDIA Optimus technology (even if you force the NVIDIA GPU), and it will run like it's in slow motion (oddly enough though, the particle effects still work perfectly).

So basically just stick with the Wii U version for now. If you have some kind of super computer though, it should work fine regardless. But the game is just really poorly optimised.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Nope.

Sonic is an amazing character and he's Sonic so...

If Sonic wasn't in this game though, I'd main either Pit, Peach, or Diddy I think.

But it's Pitty Pat
Pit Happy Emocticon (scaled down).png

I mean, Sonic is cool and all, but it's Pit!

Anyone else getting Sonic: Lost World on Steam today? It comes out in about 2 hours and 45 minutes.

I'm just here waiting on my download code to come from GetGamesGo.

I already have it for Wii U.

... And 3DS

Same here.

KyroChao

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kyro_Keatonlabs
I have it on wii u but i dont expect my computer could handle it, considering its just a 300$ laptop just for school for the most part.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Yeah... Exactly. It's Sonic. I have no connection to Pit. I just happen to like his playstyle in this game. Thought he was stupid in Brawl.

Oh, I see. For me, Uprising is one of the main reasons I play Pit. I just love the character. His so funny and innocent. Not that I don't like Sonic either. The original 2D games are great! Plus his personality is just so cool!

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I like Uprising a lot but I don't play as the characters in Smash much. Even though I am good with them.

Rosalina and Sonic are my big 2 mains, and I have been attached to them for ages (Sonic since I was 2 years old, and Rosalina since she debuted in Galaxy). I do think I might be a little bit better with Mario than I am with Sonic, though, even though I have practiced more with Sonic (then again I played a lot of Mario in the 3DS Special Demo). I don't have much of an attachment to Mario though.

Luig

Confused
Luigi all the way, bro
smash 64 on dat emulator though
The Luigi boards are more of a barren wasteland than the Sonic ones, and in this game I'm more interested in Sonic.

Top Bottom