• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sonic roll call +

SonicX580

Smash Lord
F-Shot.

You never told us what that was exactly, lol

Guesses:

Fthrow > Spinshot > Bair? (or any other aerial)
Fthrow > Homing Attack
Spinshot > Fair

I could come up with more, but those are my 3 guesses for the moment ):<

:093:
Well your half correct for me doing F-Shot is Fthrow> fair> fair
or you could do F-shot> Fair> Homing Attack.

Kupo Rose

It's what my cutie mark is telling me ♫
Well your half correct for me doing F-Shot is Fthrow> fair> fair
or you could do F-shot> Fair> Homing Attack.
Is this like a low% combo?

I was trying this F-shot out when I read this, either I'm doing it wrong its rather hard to pull off. Works alright against on the heavy characters but once they are at like medium % its not really practicle to use and the HA hardly hit on target. (no surprises there)

Simple DI or an airdodge messes that up completely.

SonicX580

Smash Lord
Is this like a low% combo?

I was trying this F-shot out when I read this, either I'm doing it wrong its rather hard to pull off. Works alright against on the heavy characters but once they are at like medium % its not really practicle to use and the HA hardly hit on target. (no surprises there)

Simple DI or an airdodge messes that up completely.
Well for me F-Shot works mostly on Heavy and Medium Characters but I mostly made F-Shot as a damage racker and I tested my F-Shot and I've discovered that it doesn't matter the size of the character but the character has to be a bit taller than Sonic if you want F-Shot to take full effect but remember this there are 3 versions of my F-shot.

If you don't want to take risks.
F-Throw>Fair

If you want to do some Damage Racking
F-Throw>Fair>Fair

If you want to end your opponent Note: Only do this is your sure it will kill your opponent otherwise your making a risk.
F-Throw>Bair>Jump>Fair

Pretty Good Tech right? with this I'am sure this will make Sonic better.

Kupo Rose

Well for me F-Shot works mostly on Heavy and Medium Characters but I mostly made F-Shot as a damage racker and I tested my F-Shot and I've discovered that it doesn't matter the size of the character but the character has to be a bit taller than Sonic if you want F-Shot to take full effect but remember this there are 3 versions of my F-shot.
I'm just not a fan of the Fthrow :laugh: I can't remember the last time I used it connected a good followup hit after the throw. (As I only play Wifi :urg: and that might be due to lag) It just launches them in a wierd angle to do much.

If you don't want to take risks.
F-Throw>Fair
At low % its seems alright, but for me its hard to followup using Fair. I'll add that to my "practice list" :laugh: Im too used to using Uthrow for juggles or Dthrow tech chases xD (Those are my usual damage rackers if Im not constantly spamming ASC >.>)

If you want to end your opponent Note: Only do this is your sure it will kill your opponent otherwise your making a risk.
F-Throw>Bair>Jump>Fair
Bair after a Fthrow? O_o and Fair to kill? This one looks interesting. 0_0

Pretty Good Tech right? with this I'am sure this will make Sonic better.
I'm still new here so I'll let the others give their opinion lol.

Anyway welcome back though! (even though I joined after you left) I remembered you used to have a Sonic & the Black Knight avatar =)

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Sonikupo needs to stop feeding SonicX580.

They are not real combos.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Aw what's wrong with Sonicx580 cam? :upsidedown:
He's just misinformed. That stuff was proven to be escapable with simple DI or airdodging around the release of the game, lol

Eh I thought they were good combos but nevermind anyways I'am sonic fan to I grew up while playing his games.
It's all good brah, I know.
Ya just gotta take other things into consideration with your "combos", like airdodging..

Yunior597

Smash Journeyman
Guys, how many sonic games you have completed?

I finished, sonic the hedgehog 1,2,3,
sonic adventure 1 and 2,
sonic heroes
sonic shuffle (sega dreamcast)

And series i saw sonic x season 1 and 2. i havent seen 3 yet.
And a sonic movie, dont remember the name it was vs metal sonic, very old movie.

day-day

Smash Ace

sonic adventure 1 and 2,
sonic heroes

And a sonic movie, dont remember the name it was vs metal sonic, very old movie.
I never could finish the genesis games when I was a kid. Probably could now if my sonic mega collection didn't go missing.
I finished,
Sonic adventure DX and 2:battle
Sonic heroes
Sonic the hedgehog next gen or '06. What ever you want to call it.
I've seen sonic X season 1 & 2. Didn't know there was a third season.
The old-school Sonic cartoon. I still have one of them in my house.
The Sonic cartoon where he was underground.
Plus the movie, haven't seen it in a long time.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
I should go finish Secret Rings/Unleashed/BK when I get the chance... the games just haunt me, being there, incomplete, while all the other Sonic games I own/have owned have been taken care of.

Except for Shadow the Hedgehog but God it's hard when it's only a spin-off for a different character.

Inb4thegame(s)are/isbad.

They're not IMO, but whatever.

Also I now dub this as our new social thread until Chis tells us to get back on-topic/redirect this to the social thread.

sonictailslink

Smash Journeyman
Henderson &amp; Downtown Express, Las Vegas, NV

sonic adventure 1 and 2,
sonic heroes

Let's see what Sonic games I completed:
-Sonic the Hedgehog 1,2,3
-Sonic Spinball
-Tails Adventure
-Sonic CD
-Sonic Adventure 2 Battle
-Sonic Adventure
-Sonic Championship/The Fighters
-Sonic Advance 1 and 2
-Sonic Battle
-Sonic Heroes
-Sonic Rush
-Sonic Riders
-Sonic Rush Adventure
-Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood
-Sonic and the Black Knight

I still need to finish Sonic Unleashed and Sonic and the Secret Rings. Just posting this now makes me want to play those games now.

Exceladon City

Smash Hero
Games I've Completed

Sonic The Hedgehog 1-3 (Genesis)
Sonic and Knuckles (Genesis)
Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine <3 (Genesis)
Sonic 3-D Blast (Genesis)
Sonic Advance (GameBoyAdvance)
Sonic Adventure 1&2 (Dreamcast)
Sonic Shuffle (Dreamcast)

Those are all mine in a nutshell. **** Sonic Spinball that game makes me rage.

Yunior597

Smash Journeyman
There is a third season and there will be a fourth season.

Sonictalislink You are a freak >.< you have finished almost everything.

day-day

Smash Ace
Sonictailslink is a HUGE sonic fan lol
Only one you haven't beaten is Sonic & Knuckles or is that Sonic 3?
I been meaning to do this idea I had, for a whole week. I'm going to play nothing but Sonic games starting from Sonic the Hedgehog to the black knight

Orange_Soda_Man

Smash Ace
1-3
s&k
sonic 3 & Knux
Sonic 3D blast
spinball
robobut's mean green machine
Mega Collection / gem collection
Sonic R
Adventure 1-2
GC Adv. 1-2
moonwalker
Battle
advance 1-3
rush 1-2
unleashed
rider
zero gravity

and I didn't care for Sonic & the secret rings. I gave up on it at the dinos. Might play Black Knight when I get back from Canada.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
I've completed most of the games except for Secret Rings cuz it sucks, and Unleashed because I just can't work up the spirit to finish the Night levels -_- the daytime levels are fanastic though.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Oh good grief, I forgot all about the handheld Sonic games.

I have all of them on the Advance, and I have yet to beat any of them with any character (Sonic Battle is a different story though).

I'm really behind on mah phanboi-ism.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
lol

I've beaten all of the Sonic Advances as well as Sonic Battle. Emerl is so broken xD

And yes it does Chis ):<

SonicX580

Smash Lord
Sonic and the sercret rings was easy for me I beated it and I saw the last level (good graphics) but I got to admit secret rings was a downfall for Sonic as for unleashed comparing to secret rings it was great but they forgot a few things like Shadow and knuckles and a few other mechnaics in the game I have in mind (2 player adventure mode and battle not to mention wi-fi) the werehog levels were great for me I was able to beat all werehog levels without losing a life Werehog is good but needs improvements like (more level ups and powerful combos) and also the werehog needs more attitude and temptation to punch stuff (in a way like knuckles is) and I really want to see werehog vs knuckles and shadow other than those things missing unleashed did a okay job.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
I love Unleashed.

Daytime.

Nightime is rawr anger mode.

Kupo Rose

I liked Unleashed. <3 Daytime. Night (I hate this music so much now) ... could've been done better. Just don't play Unleashed with the Wiimote and Nunchuk... seriously "Boost" and "HA" by shaking the Wiimote? I switched to GC Controller instantly >.>

day-day

Smash Ace
Reminds me of when I played Sonic Riders Zero Gravity. Press two then tilt the wiimote (game doesn't use nunchuk) in the direction your supposed to drift? I went to the gamecube controller just as fast as you did Kupo :laugh:

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Why did everyone hate unleashed so much? I played the demo in target and it played out just fine for me. I should go buy it next time it's on sale somewhere.
The turn off for so many people is the night time levels, otherwise if it were just day time levels, Unleashed would be the best since... well... since ever.

All Sonic games have something holding them back though, like SA1 you would have to play with Big and other characters other people won't like, and then in SA2 they had to make you play Tails and Knuckles along with Sonic's levels, not to mention out of the whole dark side story, Shadows speed levels only count up to 4... Heroes... it's pretty much playing through the same level with the exception of the Chaitox (SP?) where you have to stop every corner to make sure you didn't miss things you were looking for... Don't get me wrong, they weren't unplayable like some of the more recent things for some people, but had they just focused more on Sonic, then there would be nothing wrong with them...

Ah well, like Camalange said on his review of Secret Rings, it gets really good later on when you unlock everything in the Sonic game/s and replay it, but it's really tedious when you're trying to get there.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Ah well, like Camalange said on his review of Secret Rings, it gets really good later on when you unlock everything in the Sonic game/s and replay it, but it's really tedious when you're trying to get there.
Yeah, I said something along the lines of that later in the game once you start unlocking everything, it becomes more enjoyable, but I shouldn't have to EARN or ACHIEVE good gameplay -_-

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Psh.

You lazy a** nukka.

But he's right, if games just gave you the option to have 100% unlocked if possible from the start, then I would be one happy camper since I only play games anymore for lore/knowledge than feeling it/experience.

I tried to go back to playing Kirby SuperStar on the SNES because I was feeling nostalgic and I remember how I spent a majority of my childhood playing that game... it got mad boring when I figured out the arena was not hard as it seemed like it was 9 years ago and it had no replay value.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
as someone who played/enjoyed Banjo and Kazooie, I appreciated the night levels. Except the bridge level. That was rather frustrating >_<
Well this is my view.

1. It's Sonic, not Banjo Kazooie. I want speed with my platforming.

2. The controls and gameplay were far inferior to that of Banjo and Kazooie.

3. I love Banjo and Kazooie though xD what a great game.

Sonicstud

Smash Rookie
unleashed was ok 4 me ._. minus teh werehog
S3&K is my type of game, cant beat the classics
doomsday zone is way 2 epix >_>

day-day

Smash Ace
The turn off for so many people is the night time levels, otherwise if it were just day time levels, Unleashed would be the best since... well... since ever.

All Sonic games have something holding them back though, like SA1 you would have to play with Big and other characters other people won't like, and then in SA2 they had to make you play Tails and Knuckles along with Sonic's levels, not to mention out of the whole dark side story, Shadows speed levels only count up to 4... Heroes... it's pretty much playing through the same level with the exception of the Chaitox (SP?) where you have to stop every corner to make sure you didn't miss things you were looking for... Don't get me wrong, they weren't unplayable like some of the more recent things for some people, but had they just focused more on Sonic, then there would be nothing wrong with them...

That's what I heard was the main reason everyone hated it and said it was just another garbage Sonic title.
In SA1 I hated playing Knuckles, Big, and Amy. Omega's levels were my second favorite after Sonic. In SA2 Knuckles/Rouge killed me. They were so long and boring. Wow Sonic get's the most levels out of his story but yet Shadow get's the least. Heroes is the same except Chaotix which took forever. At least they weren't as glitchy as Sonic '06. Oh, and Sonic the hedgehog 2 is my favorite. Chemical Plant Zone's got the best song.

Top Bottom