• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sonic Player Base

BlueAuraEX

Smash Cadet
Just thought I'd repost this, seeing as how I posted it in General Brawl Discussion, I'm so in trouble for that. Anyways, basically just asking around on different players of Sonic, and their opinions. Maybe we could also get together and brawl our Sonics together.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Hahah, I saw that. We all have our slip-ups. Welcome to the party!

I'm Kuraudo (or Cloud, take your pick as people do.)

Been a Sonic main since the game was released. From time to time I have taken to using other characters be it for tournaments or friendlies, but I always find myself coming back to the true blue hedgehog himself. When it comes down to the tourneys that matter and the like though, I am 100% Sonic. Fun fact, Canadian Sonics are a rarity too. I'm sure Infzy can attest to that on the East Coast. XD

My first game was Sonic the Hedgehog in 1991. I was playing when I was just 2 years old, haha. Since then I've felt a personal attachment to the character. He's also the first character that I KNEW I would main in a fighting game, regardless of how good or bad he was, before the release of the game.

As of right now I'm the only Power Ranked Sonic player in the country right now, and I'm hoping to go down to the states again soon to show them what I'm made of.

Now that Smash stats are out of the way!

I like to think I'm a pretty nice guy, and I'm the guy that likes to make avis every now and then (nice avi of human Sonic by the way.) Hope you're here to stay! Feel free to check out the other stickied threads for the latest on our metagame, tournament placings, videos, and etc. The Sonic General Discussion is where a lot of our casual talk goes.

So other then that, nice to meetcha, pay no mind to the Scourge trolls, and if you aren't already, Espy and Moogle are bound to try and convert you to the holy pinnacle that is furrism (a furry lol); though it's mainly to tease SonicMaster5 (Speed), hahah.

BlueAuraEX

Smash Cadet

Been a Sonic main since the game was released. From time to time I have taken to using other characters be it for tournaments or friendlies, but I always find myself coming back to the true blue hedgehog himself. When it comes down to the tourneys that matter and the like though, I am 100% Sonic. Fun fact, Canadian Sonics are a rarity too. I'm sure Infzy can attest to that on the East Coast. XD

My first game was Sonic the Hedgehog in 1991. I was playing when I was just 2 years old, haha. Since then I've felt a personal attachment to the character. He's also the first character that I KNEW I would main in a fighting game, regardless of how good or bad he was, before the release of the game.

As of right now I'm the only Power Ranked Sonic player in the country right now, and I'm hoping to go down to the states again soon to show them what I'm made of.

I like to think I'm a pretty nice guy, and I'm the guy that likes to make avis every now and then (nice avi of human Sonic by the way.) Hope you're here to stay! Feel free to check out the other stickied threads for the latest on our metagame, tournament placings, videos, and etc. The Sonic General Discussion is where a lot of our casual talk goes.

So other then that, nice to meetcha, pay no mind to the Scourge trolls, and if you aren't already, Espy and Moogle are bound to try and convert you to the holy pinnacle that is furrism (a furry lol); though it's mainly to tease SonicMaster5 (Speed), hahah.
Wow, we're a lot alike. XD Cept I started a little later, and my first game was Sonic The Hedgehog 2, can't remember how old I was though. Like you though, I definitely planned on being a Sonic main. I haven't ever entered a tourney before, and I "might" not. Key word "might" but I may consider it. I suppose I'm afraid...XD I happen to do that a lot, but meh. Maybe someday. Either way, thank you for being so kind to me, and I hope my skillz will do..."Something" for the Blue Blur...God knows he needs it. I dunno though! Lately his matchups have been looking fantastic! =) Which makes me very happy.

BlueAuraEX

Smash Cadet

And just to let you, and everyone else know, Avi's not mine. XD Someone else made it. Don't wanna be an Avi thief, the Avi Gods would smite meh!

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Please please please~, use the edit button. There is no need to triple post. ._.

Uhm, that said, you don't have to be afraid of entering tourneys. If there's a local scene in your area, everybody should really be courteous and whatnot.

:093:

Life

Smash Hero
Awww XD Don't say you suck. If you want I can teach you some tricks that are very useful with him. And don't worry, it's really simple, effective stuff. =P
It's not so much that I need to learn techs, it's more like I need to make better decisions, which can only be gotten with experience. And my local scene has approximately two Brawl tournaments per year.

/fun

swift9

Smash Rookie
I am a Sonic main I just started this forum yesterday. I was introduced to Sonic by my cousin. It was Sonic Adventure but my first sonic game was Sonic Advance. I just love speed, animals, and my favorite color is blue. So since he had everything I like in one he became my favorite character.

Moogi

Smash Apprentice
Well, I'm Moogi (duh), and technically, I'm a Ness main, but I've recently gotten into Sonic as a second main.

I've never been to a tourney before, since... I believe in my area (Kitchener-Waterloo, Ontario, Canada), there's nothing Brawl related going on. Don't think I'd want to join a tourney, though. xD

Even then, I believe I have a long way before my Sonic can be very good. Haven't always been huge in the Competitive scene, but I would like to give it a try.

BSP

Smash Legend
^^You can always try to start one yourself. Tournaments are loads of fun.

I'm BSP. I'm down here in La., and I think I can claim best Sonic here :p for now at least. I don't remember exactly when I picked him up, but it's been a great ride since then. I started with Luigi and Mario, but I felt like I was missing something. Then, I picked Sonic one day, and it all started from there.

I don't talk nearly as much as the other Sonics, but if you need something, just ask.

Exceladon City

Smash Hero
I'm Excel, a Sonic/IC main from Kentucky. I've been playing Sonic since 94. I said I was gonna main Sonic from the get-go, but I never got around to it until Shugo, a former Sonic main did some damage at a pretty large regional back in '09. I picked up Sonic from that point on and started maining him in late July-early August of '09. Before that, I mained Fox. I'm technically the best Sonic in my region since the other one, Trent, quit playing recently. I've been inactive for the most part due to money issues and other stuff.

I'm a fairly nice guy. I can be a prick at times but for the most part I'm pretty easy to get along with.

I don't know how far Memphis is from your location but there is the odd tournament there every once in awhile. Check it in the Atlantic South section of the Regional Zones thread.

McSpanker

Smash Cadet
I mained sonic from the get go of the game, but I stopped playing for like a year. I've started again and now I suck:c

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
While i play sonic on/off in Brawl, i've played alot of his golden age games. Like Sonic 1/2/3 and some of his game gear games.

I hang out in the sonic social since most sonic mains here are pretty chill, plus I've played a couple of them offline and teamed with one in a tournament. They're all a rowdy bunch that like to beat up on each other from time to time, but thats the reason i love'em so <3

If you stop by the social with questions about sonic ask, at least 5 different people will answer, then we'll have a 5 page discussion about sonics meta game to follow LOL

McSpanker

Smash Cadet
I think a problem with the lack of sonic players is that people see is speed and tier list spot and don't even try him out. I didn't actually think I would be able to play as him when I heard about him being in the game, but when I tryed him his speed was easy to control

SoupaSonic

Smash Journeyman
I'm SoupaSonic, I've been a sonic main since the game came out and I've been a fan of sonic ever since I can remember. I'm trying to become a offline player but I mainly practice on wifi (which I don't recommend lol) cuz I don't know of any people near me that play brawl competitively. I kinda stopped playing this game for a little bit, until sometime near the end of spring this year after I got beat by a kirby at gamestop. That made me want to Now I'm trying to just become a somewhat known sonic main. I use R.O.B. in friendlies sometimes.

Anyway, welcome to the Sonic boards

BlueAuraEX

Smash Cadet
Please please please~, use the edit button. There is no need to triple post. ._.

Uhm, that said, you don't have to be afraid of entering tourneys. If there's a local scene in your area, everybody should really be courteous and whatnot.

Sorry about that...>_<' And as for Tourneys...Well, it's also a shyness issue, as well as getting to a Tourney. They carry none that I know of, and even if they did, I'd chicken out. It's a...Personal thing.

It's not so much that I need to learn techs, it's more like I need to make better decisions, which can only be gotten with experience. And my local scene has approximately two Brawl tournaments per year.

/fun
Ahh...I can understand that...Well, he's a fast character. Judgement can be difficult. I just sorta play him randomly, using different strategies every second.

I am a Sonic main I just started this forum yesterday. I was introduced to Sonic by my cousin. It was Sonic Adventure but my first sonic game was Sonic Advance. I just love speed, animals, and my favorite color is blue. So since he had everything I like in one he became my favorite character.
Nice man. Glad to see a new generation of Sonic fan. =)

Well, I'm Moogi (duh), and technically, I'm a Ness main, but I've recently gotten into Sonic as a second main.

I've never been to a tourney before, since... I believe in my area (Kitchener-Waterloo, Ontario, Canada), there's nothing Brawl related going on. Don't think I'd want to join a tourney, though. xD

Even then, I believe I have a long way before my Sonic can be very good. Haven't always been huge in the Competitive scene, but I would like to give it a try.
Same here. The competitive scene can be very disheartening. For someone like me anyways. I just sorta stick to Natural Matching.

^^You can always try to start one yourself. Tournaments are loads of fun.

I'm BSP. I'm down here in La., and I think I can claim best Sonic here :p for now at least. I don't remember exactly when I picked him up, but it's been a great ride since then. I started with Luigi and Mario, but I felt like I was missing something. Then, I picked Sonic one day, and it all started from there.

I don't talk nearly as much as the other Sonics, but if you need something, just ask.
Ahh, I don't think so...XD Like I told Kinzer, I'm already to shy to even really enter one...Hence why I said I "might" join one. It's a floating desicion at the moment...

I'm Excel, a Sonic/IC main from Kentucky. I've been playing Sonic since 94. I said I was gonna main Sonic from the get-go, but I never got around to it until Shugo, a former Sonic main did some damage at a pretty large regional back in '09. I picked up Sonic from that point on and started maining him in late July-early August of '09. Before that, I mained Fox. I'm technically the best Sonic in my region since the other one, Trent, quit playing recently. I've been inactive for the most part due to money issues and other stuff.

I'm a fairly nice guy. I can be a prick at times but for the most part I'm pretty easy to get along with.

I don't know how far Memphis is from your location but there is the odd tournament there every once in awhile. Check it in the Atlantic South section of the Regional Zones thread.
Nice...0_0 XD And I'll try to be careful not to release your prick side, lol. As for Memphis, it's a few hours drive...I think, not sure. Also got no ride, so...Yeah.

While i play sonic on/off in Brawl, i've played alot of his golden age games. Like Sonic 1/2/3 and some of his game gear games.

I hang out in the sonic social since most sonic mains here are pretty chill, plus I've played a couple of them offline and teamed with one in a tournament. They're all a rowdy bunch that like to beat up on each other from time to time, but thats the reason i love'em so <3

If you stop by the social with questions about sonic ask, at least 5 different people will answer, then we'll have a 5 page discussion about sonics meta game to follow LOL
Lol, I'll try to keep that in mind, and Sonic 2 Forever. X)

I think a problem with the lack of sonic players is that people see is speed and tier list spot and don't even try him out. I didn't actually think I would be able to play as him when I heard about him being in the game, but when I tryed him his speed was easy to control
It happens...It's a reason I hate tiers. People will refer to it for everything, and it starts to become ridiculous. Statistics are broken daily...I don't see why people try do so more frequently.

I'm SoupaSonic, I've been a sonic main since the game came out and I've been a fan of sonic ever since I can remember. I'm trying to become a offline player but I mainly practice on wifi (which I don't recommend lol) cuz I don't know of any people near me that play brawl competitively. I kinda stopped playing this game for a little bit, until sometime near the end of spring this year after I got beat by a kirby at gamestop. That made me want to Now I'm trying to just become a somewhat known sonic main. I use R.O.B. in friendlies sometimes.

Anyway, welcome to the Sonic boards
Sweet, glad to be here. Yeah, Kirby players can be nuisance...XD

McSpanker

Smash Cadet
I would like to start getting competitive again really. I was back when brawl came out, but I was 12/13 so I don't think I was good. I know they are not tourney's in my area. I can really only play online to get better that's what sucks

BlueAuraEX

Smash Cadet
I would like to start getting competitive again really. I was back when brawl came out, but I was 12/13 so I don't think I was good. I know they are not tourney's in my area. I can really only play online to get better that's what sucks
Same...=( It can be a real bother having to play online just to get good at something...

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
I'm Camalange.

I'm the best.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Level 9 computers aren't good practice, but level 8 is pretty beastly. Play a level 8 Wolf and tell me its not badass as punishing stuff.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
If you're respecting someone just because they're the best, that's the wrong mentality.

Respect someone for being honest, insightful, and a good person in general first. Skill can come second. As well, a Sonic tourney to determine whose the best does nothing whatsoever.

Playing in actual tournaments against a plethora of characters/players and placing the best when compared to the others, that's a good indicator of finding who is the best Sonic player. Winning a Sonic tourney only proves that you're the best at the ditto match-up. You need the whole package before you can consider being the best.

McSpanker

Smash Cadet
If you're respecting someone just because they're the best, that's the wrong mentality.

Respect someone for being honest, insightful, and a good person in general first. Skill can come second. As well, a Sonic tourney to determine whose the best does nothing whatsoever.

Playing in actual tournaments against a plethora of characters/players and placing the best when compared to the others, that's a good indicator of finding who is the best Sonic player. Winning a Sonic tourney only proves that you're the best at the ditto match-up. You need the whole package before you can consider being the best.
I was just joking about the respect thing really. But you're right about the tourney. Sucks though, most forums aren't active enough for a good online tourney

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Ahah, there I go not understanding internet tones again. lol Apologies for that.

We're active enough for an online tourney. The problem here is how bad Brawl's WiFi is. lmao

McSpanker

Smash Cadet
Ahah, there I go not understanding internet tones again. lol Apologies for that.

We're active enough for an online tourney. The problem here is how bad Brawl's WiFi is. lmao
Ha, yeah it can get pretty bad depending on who you're matched up with. But I remember the days when you could start a tourney topic and have all the spots filled in 5 minutes.

Dang, I hope they come out with a ssb 4

WedginatorX

Smash Champion
Holding side-B against Cheese until he quits.
Loool a sonic tourney. Horrible.
I'm wedge, the scourge of the sonic boards. Badass. Troll. One of the few sonics in nj/ny/pa. Been playing sonic since the release of brawl. Started playing competetively in early 2009. Dropped sonic for falco for a bit but decided to main sonic again because falco wasn't nearly as entertaining or rewarding.
Kinda got inactive after january 2010 and have only been to two since then. Planning to start going to tournaments more regularly soon. Possibly going to ktar4, going to pound 5, and i'm definitely going to cot5.
Yeeee.
HOUTENJIN!

JayBee

Smash Champion
NNID
jamesbrownjrva
I'm Camalange.

I'm the best manye. I did it.

fixed. for awesomeness.

what's going on here? we just talk about ourselves or something? everyone should know most of us by now, especially me, Kojin, the master :awesome:

but seriously, my name is Kojin. I've been playing Sonic since the game came out, and have been a fan of the blue blur since the genesis days. Back when the game came out, people felt that sonic was garbage, and I started my own personal campain to prove otherwise, starting with gameplay videos that focused more on setups and mindgames, Helped people understand the character when I could, and started a thread here designed to break down and explore the possibilites of Sonic's viablity. Since then Sonic players have grown and helped proved what I've always thought; Sonic was a viable midtier character. becuase of that, i felt like I didn't need to be as vocal anymore about Sonic, and since then I've left smash alone so I could focus on college, but now that im out i intend to get back in brawl, starting with Pound V. In other words, I'm a relic of the past now lol.

BlueAuraEX

Smash Cadet
well now I like fighting kirby lol, I can't say the same about peach though
ACK!! Peach!! >=( XD

I'm Camalange.

I'm the best.

Well...Ok. XD I'll need to keep that in mind.

=)...Awesome stuff. That actually makes me a feel a little more safe going to a tourney...I'm always scared to be ridiculed and NEVER respected, lol...

Loool a sonic tourney. Horrible.
I'm wedge, the scourge of the sonic boards. Badass. Troll. One of the few sonics in nj/ny/pa. Been playing sonic since the release of brawl. Started playing competetively in early 2009. Dropped sonic for falco for a bit but decided to main sonic again because falco wasn't nearly as entertaining or rewarding.
Kinda got inactive after january 2010 and have only been to two since then. Planning to start going to tournaments more regularly soon. Possibly going to ktar4, going to pound 5, and i'm definitely going to cot5.
Yeeee.
HOUTENJIN!
Uh-Oh...XD And that's awesome. Glad to know someone who goes to a lot of Tourneys. Maybe I'll get down the mentality?...XD I can only hope...

fixed. for awesomeness.

what's going on here? we just talk about ourselves or something? everyone should know most of us by now, especially me, Kojin, the master :awesome:

but seriously, my name is Kojin. I've been playing Sonic since the game came out, and have been a fan of the blue blur since the genesis days. Back when the game came out, people felt that sonic was garbage, and I started my own personal campain to prove otherwise, starting with gameplay videos that focused more on setups and mindgames, Helped people understand the character when I could, and started a thread here designed to break down and explore the possibilites of Sonic's viablity. Since then Sonic players have grown and helped proved what I've always thought; Sonic was a viable midtier character. becuase of that, i felt like I didn't need to be as vocal anymore about Sonic, and since then I've left smash alone so I could focus on college, but now that im out i intend to get back in brawl, starting with Pound V. In other words, I'm a relic of the past now lol.
Awesome! Pleasure to meet you then Kojin. =) I hope for us to talk more on Sonic in the future. You can probably teach me things I never knew.

Explore the possibilities of sonic's viability.
Didn't know there was a lot to explore in an empty, 10-foot deep cave.
Eh, it's worth a try though, isn't it? Always better than NOT exploring. =P

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
In regards to this, I wouldn't mind having a little sonic tourney to see who is the best on the sonic boards. I always like knowing who to respect the most
Sonic dittos don't prove anything.

I beat Malcolm all the time in them, but he blatantly was the better Sonic.

You know to respect people on here who either know what they're talking about, kick *** at tournies, or both.

fixed. for awesomeness.
<3 ;D

Kojin is the only person on the boards who randomly texts me btw. It makes me feel special.

Top Bottom