• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sonic: Nuff said

CrenTIScO

Smash Apprentice
I really like how Sakurai and the Dev team kept Sonic simple. As referred to on the Dojo, his attacks are based on his roots. Sonic's speed will most likely be a natural balance to his simple specials.

ShoDan

Smash Apprentice
you can see link using up B normal in the movie, people thougt it was worse because now you had to recharge it but you can see that its not a bad thing at all :D

TheMightyDorf

Smash Rookie
Sonic is hereby named the omen of DOOM. I knew that something very bad was going to be announced soon (release date Feb 10) as soon as they revealed sonic. They obviously tried to make us feel worse about the release date change by going "well, at least sonic is in it"... **** them. Oh well, at least Sonic is in it :p

firebrand426

Smash Rookie
It's been a couple days and I'm still not sure I didn't dream it. It's kinda bad when Nintendo can do a Sega character better than Sega can. Megaman and Captain Falcon are the only ones I'm waiting for now.

Knight-errant

Smash Apprentice
I was wondering what the difference is between sonic's down b and over b; like, it looks like down b is just a charge-up version of over b...

lucario_user

Smash Ace
sonic is going to be hard to master because of his intense speed. most are going to use someone thats easier to master.(Ex. fox and mewtwo) those who do master his speed,like me, are going to be deadly.
"Got it memorized?"

Neogeek23

Smash Cadet
you don't have to suck if you aren't in top tier... but really think about it - Big N isn't going to let their characters be ruled by a third party character... really now - they know Smash gives character huge exposure - look at Roy he was put in Melee to give publicity to his game - it worked pretty dam n well - why would Big N let Sonic rule over their characters? That is bad for business - they know it and now that they are on top they aren't going to screw around with it - Sonic could be high tier, but do you really think Big N will let him be top?

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
why would Big N let Sonic rule over their characters? That is bad for business
Eh, not really. Sonic may be third party, but the vast majority of his games are planting themselves firmly in Nintendo soil (you like that metaphor? It just came to me). It's not like advertising Sonic is going to attract people to the Xbox or PS3 all that much. Yeah, they've got ****ty Sonic '06, but Nintendo has everything else.

Still, I see your point. There's something wrong about a non-Nintendo character dominating all the Nintendo characters in a game about Nintendo's all-stars. But I think it's mostly just morally unjust rather than bad for business.

Neogeek23

Smash Cadet
there is definitely that aspect too - this is N's home turf you don't hand it to the visitor, if Sonic ends up in top tier it'll because of freak things like the super wavedash in melee - complete glitches that the tested don't find

lucario_user

Smash Ace
fox....:mad::grrr::demon::flame::evil::skull::hunger: i hated him. he has all the speed so mewtwo, despite the fact his teleport and shadow ball own, he(fox) was at the top.
disable+80%+precharged shadow ball= ko. mewtwo can teleport all over the stage, do damage little at a time then kills them. but nooo. fox has speed so he wins! im sick of it!

Top Bottom