• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sonic: Nuff said

Kyu Puff

Smash Champion
Omg, my stomach fell out when I glanced at the dojo this morning. Most epic update ever.

And spin dash looks so much better than Jiggly's rollout... he doesn't just stop rolling and fly backwards after hitting someone, and can even jump out of it (which looks amazing). He seems to have a move similar to Falcon's down+B. If that still gives extra second jumps and Sonic has a high jump, he could actually have a great recovery.

Overall he just looks amazing. I wish they had used the Sonic the Hedgehog/little legged model but that was a long, long shot. Almost definitely going to be my main though.

mcs

Smash Cadet
??!?!?!?!!?

wha...detmmm/.....w....I need this game NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AIIIIIIEEEEEEE! this.....e the greatest dojo update.....so far!
its just unexpected. will he be playable from start? and if not WHY
is he being revealed now? my brain spins.....:dizzy:

SonicTheHedgehog

Smash Rookie
Hopefully we'll be seeing his special moves, final smash, Tails and Knuckles assist trophies, and perhaps a Green Hill Zone stage soon! How awesome is that!

$ick

Smash Lord
Wow in all honesty I didn't really have any opinion as to whether or not Sonic should be in. After seeing that video, his play style looks pretty ****in awesome.

Wreked

Smash Lord
This update was impressive. I never was really sonic for brawl or anything. And I didn't care if he was in or out. I knew he was in though. But this update opened my eyes to how cool he would be. Most definetely be trying him out.

MilesPrower

Smash Journeyman
Has anyone noticed that the Warpstar is confirmed? Sonic uses it in his trailer. At first I thought it was some Chaos whatever but I watched that part over and it's him using the Warpstar. Same sound effects too.

Shissy

Smash Rookie
BOOOOOO :(... ARGGG damm I didn't want him in. As soon as I saw Sonic's name I started to swear. This just shows that if you whine enough you get your way.. W/e I guess I have a new beatdown doll.

Drik Khaail

Smash Ace
wow, just wow. To be honest though, I think the best part of this update is the fact theyre seeming to go for a more "Sonic Adventure" style, complete with the ressurection of Live and Learn, and not the more recent games. for a second though, his moves almost seemed like a fast as hell jigglypuff. :) keep up the great work Sakurai, and release the game already, dammit!!!

D.Q

Smash Apprentice
My personal guess is that they're going to rip a lot of moves from Sonic Battle. Reason? Duh, that b-air was straight from Sonic Battle. Though it looks more like Shadow's aerial attack than Sonic's, which doesn't involve moving.

Vortok

Smash Journeyman
The sheer amount of Epic Win that Brawl contains has surpassed what a human is capable of processing.

His spin move looks pretty slick. I think it's his standard B move, as that's usually where signature moves get placed... and we see that diagonal down kick in the air, like C. Falcon's in-air Down B, so that's likely Sonic's Down B (as we also saw what looks like a down aerial). Only question is if it acts like Falcon's does on the ground or not.

Sure the spin it kinda resembles Jiggles rollout, but there's many key differences (aside from the fact that Sonic used it first).

1. It charges faster.
2. It can hit multiple people.
3. He can jump during it, but still attack with it (Subspace portion of the vid) or he can jump out of it.

One thing I noticed is when he double-hits Mario with it, he bounces off the first time (can't check right now to see if it might've been an aerial or something on the first hit, but don't think so) and then got to charge it and basically tech chase Mario. That seems to show that there are different charge levels, even if it does seem to charge up quickly.

The Up B is interesting. At first I thought it -might- be possible that the spring board is an item, but we would've seen it there before Sonic used it before hitting DK. So here's two possibilities I thought of.

Perhaps if a character uses their Up B from the ground, they don't go into disabled status, as we saw Sonic attack out of it. If done in the air, however (such as when returning to the stage) they do go into disabled status.

The other could be that there's no more "disabled" status, but it just counts if you've done an UP B or Air Dodge since you last hit the ground. This actually seems more likely, when I think about it. One, it's more uniform than a (disabled if from Air, but not from Ground). Secondly, if you can still attack after doing an Up B (or possibly Air Dodge as well), then we now have expanded aerial combat that Sakurai mentioned (espeically if you can Air Dodge, but still attack). It also makes it a tad easier to fight against edgeguarding as your options are now far more varied.

So... -if- that is true (kinda big if), will you no longer lose your second jump, if you use your Up B first? Also, if you can Up B -and- Air Dodge, everyone now has a better recovery.

And that's not even an analysis on all the info we got today, just some of it!

PS. When did Super Sonic first appear? Was it before or after DBZ, as the similarities (not just the golden bit, but also 7 Chaos Emeralds vs. 7 Dragon Balls) are uncanny.

brandutt845

Smash Apprentice
My personal guess is that they're going to rip a lot of moves from Sonic Battle. Reason? Duh, that b-air was straight from Sonic Battle. Though it looks more like Shadow's aerial attack than Sonic's, which doesn't involve moving.
Thats a good point. I thought it was familiar

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
Sega loves the song "City Escape"... I think we'd be hard pressed not to find that song someplace in the game.

Also I'm hoping we've not seen all of the third party newcomers.

MetaKnight'sSword

Smash Lord
Sega loves the song "City Escape"... I think we'd be hard pressed not to find that song someplace in the game.

Also I'm hoping we've not seen all of the third party newcomers.
Sakurai said he put in 1 0r 2 more Third party character (not counting Snake).

However...I saw on a different thread here saying Sakurai will bring a total of 4 third party character in the game (including Snake)...but I cant tell if it was fake or not...

Star105

Smash Journeyman
you know............. this update was great and all but it felt.............................................. ......................................... like an apology

we get sonic so its all good but the release date gets pushed back

so all sonic fans will probably be like "OMG SONIC IS CONFIRMED!!!!!! YEAH!!!!!!! but........... the release date gets pushed back...........aaaaawwwwww.......... oh well SONIC IS CONFIRMED so i can wait........."

and all people who doesn't like sonic will be like "what a crappy update a character that i don't like and the release date gets pushed back.......awww man this sucks........"

so it seems like an apology since alot of people when sonic is confirmed would have been like "OMG SONIC IS CONFIRMED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YAYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!! I CAN'T WAIT FOR DEC 3rd!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :):):):):):laugh::laugh::grin::grin::grin::rotfl::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::roll::roll::roll::joyful::joyful::burst:"

u see what i mean it just seems to me like they are apologizing for the delay.

its still a great game though i hope a release date follows soon

SONIC IS IN BRAWL!!!!!!!!!! YAYYYY!!!!!!!!!!

king roy 3

Smash Rookie
finally

ahhhh!!!! first the new wii update lets me type with a keyboard and NOW sonic is in Brawl *faints* wooo hooo! Super Sonic!!!!

F@lc0-san

Smash Ace
also did sonic had his 4Kids VA or his old one?

Sounds like his SA2 Sonic voice, wich is like 100 times better then the 4kids crap.

4kids is the devil anyway, poor One Piece :( YAY FUNIMATION!

Ok, ill stop going off topic.

Anyway, it sounds like his SA2 voice.

F@lc0-san

Smash Ace
A friend of mine who is a Sonic FANATIC and also a Smash bros nerd like me didnt see the update yet coz he was away on a trip.

He returned(He is my roommate) and he asked me if the smash update was cool today.

I said: "Well, just check it, its a new challanger, but its not so special tho, rather mediocre char. Looks cool tho, but he is from a really lame Snes game"

So he went: "Well, ok, lemme check it"

So he sat down behinf my PC, and went to smashbros.com he then scrolled past the NEW CHALLENGER banner and stopped.

I was looking from over his shoulder, he stared at the screen with the hugest grin on his face I have ever seen, then he stood up, calmly, raised his hands and yelled.

SONIIIIIIIIIC!!!

Then we watched the Sonic footage trailer, he watched it 4 times before going to his own pc, to watch it again, and again, and again :p

SSoH

Smash Journeyman
Yes, sonic will be badass.

And the Smash God Sakurai said "Ye, let it be known that this will be the everymans game, and every man shall really play this game"

Smalm 4:10 "The Popularity of Smash"

Top Bottom