• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sonic Chat Room

Status
Not open for further replies.

memphischains

Smash hhkj'
**** online. gayest **** ever.

winning something online line is like comparing a single A baseball game to the Red Sox

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
Hmmm I have one quick question for sonic: What is his best KO move?? I have a very hard time KO'ing opponents, even though Sonic is great at racking up their damage.. don't point me at another thread as this is only one quick question! Thanks

Tenki

Smash Hero
Hmmm I have one quick question for sonic: What is his best KO move?? I have a very hard time KO'ing opponents, even though Sonic is great at racking up their damage.. don't point me at another thread as this is only one quick question! Thanks
His earliest-killing KO move without a setup is F-smash.

It's also kinda nice because F-smash can be stutterstepped, reverse stutterstepped, launch people backwards (if they're inside you/slightly behind you), and mindgamed in so many ways. And its range is also rather noticeable and extends past his hitbox.

Dsmash is a nice backup- only slightly weaker.

B-air is one of his best off-stage killers. F-air is one of his best off-stage gimpers/disruptors, and U-air kills the earliest with spring setups.

but IMO, his best killing move is U-throw. It's just sooo satisfying when you're dominating someone so badly that you damage them to an obscene amount of damage and get an inescapable star KO from a grab.

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
Hmm Sonic's throw is killer? I didn't think it would be, since his attacks aren't that strong.. But hey Sonic is perfect for racking up damage fast! Thanks for all the other help too

Tenki

Smash Hero
ic.
(saves sig here)
"You might know everything I'm going to do, but that's not going to help you! Because I know everything you're going to do! Strraaaaange, isn't it!?" -
Sonic

lol @ new sig.

Lex Crunch

Smash Journeyman
If it weren't for his bad kill moves and his Down B and Forward B that I don't like, I might have enjoyed him. His Fsmash is definitely his best kill move, and a good one, but its reach is terrible, and his only other kill moves are his Back throw, up throw, Forward aerial, and Back aerial, and the throws only kill at high damages, the Back air doesn't work well until high 100's, and the Forward aerial's final killing hit is easy to miss with. He's not a bad character, not by a long shot, I just don't like his shortcomings as they work against my preferences. If there's anything I do like about him, it's his Up smash and the awesome traction he gets from his insane running speed to do an Up smash out of it. I can only think of one word to define him, and that's "compromise".

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
Sonic's F-smash does not have bad range ;_;
Stutter step it and the only character's fsmash who outranges it is Marth if I remember rightly.
I hate people.

Browny

Smash Hater
lol

marth has crap range now, i wouldnt be surprised if more than half the cast outrange his fsmash. the only characters who outrange Sonic's sutter-stepped fsmash are DDD, falco, wolf, olimar, lucario, Link... i think thats it.

TwinkleToes

Smash Lord
The problem though is your hurt-box moves with you :/
If only you could leave that damned thing behind.

Tenki

Smash Hero
anything cancels out din's fire.

Also, Fsmash might have good range to punish Marth's Fsmash immediately after it misses, but it certainly has less range than Marth (if you take turns trying to hit each other)

NNID
MasterHavik
Sonic unleashed: awesome idea!!!!!

Sonic RPG: New and fresh to the Sonic series. It by Bioware people. If you haven't play mass effect, Jade empire, or star war the knights of the old republic. Than you don't know Bioware.

Sonic and the black knight: I was susprise by this when I first saw it. And sonic with a sword is bad@ ss, and people need to give it a chance. I love the idea Sega has for this game to.

miCKi

Smash Apprentice
ehh Sonic games coming soon this year are gonna be ok...I believe. O yes I return from a long slumber...lol

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
i personaly believe, gameplay wise, sonic unleashed is going to be the worst of the 3
i saw actual gameplay footage of the werehog in sonic unleashed and it looked really boring...

I am completely confident in chronicles, because as MC havik stated, Bioware doesnt make bad games
everything they do is epic.

and for the black knight.... i cant think of anything i would enjoy more than spindashing with a sword

Super_Sonic8677

Smash Lord
But what about the normal Sonic segments? The DS title has the most promise I believe. My heart sank to the floor when it was announced Sega was haveing framerate trouble with Unleashed. :(

Black Knight will probably along the same lines as Secret Rings in terms of style and quality.

Tenki

Smash Hero
@everyone who started posting actively in Sonic boards about 2 weeks ago or earlier:

:freak:

Tenki

Smash Hero
edited:
less hate ._.;

edit 2:

no no, I edited the hate out of my post. don't worry about it.

Tenki

Smash Hero
To make up for hating newbies, I present this video that I found on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6cJ_yWwpoxA

<3

edit:
Captain Falcon was required by law to lower the voltage of his kneepads. They were too destructive. Actually killed off a few characters. Sakurai never planned to drop Mewtwo, but Falcon hit it in that second spine thing that comes out the back of it's head. Broke it in half, and Mewtwo just kinda collapsed. So Sakurai took out the old ones, and gave him safer ones.
storing a sig. lol.

JDGreat

Smash Apprentice
If Sonic had a multihitter attack, you just know it would involve some kind of spindash.

Also, a big hello to all Sonic mainers out there. Names JDGreat. From the Lucario boards. Recently started to pick up Sonic so I may be hanging round here a bit more often. Hopefully, I can do the blue speed demon proud!

Also, quick question. Out of a spin dash jump attack (is it called Spin shot?) what's the best option to use? Homing Attack seems to missing quite a bit

So which aerial is best coming out of a spin dash jump?

Though I'm pretty sure it ain't DAir

chaos_

Smash Journeyman
let me start by saying that sonic has no kill moves am i right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom