• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sonic Chat Room

Status
Not open for further replies.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
OK ppl... in addition to Sonic Unleashed, which we all know about, and Sonic Chronicles, the RPG that we all should know about, i just read a nintendo mag stating that theres going to be a THIRD Sonic game pretty close to the release of the two aforementioned games. The name is Sonic and the Black Knight (SBK for short) and will be made by the same ppl that did sonic and the secret rings. they say that they have learned from their mistakes with that game and are going to to greatly improve this game over its predecessor. in it, they also give Sonic a beast mode loooking sword. It seriously looks like Sonic games are going to return to their fromer glory. any decent time looking through the internet should find you info about this game

one more thing. i mained ganon in melee... why is it that both my mains in brawl and melee could have had swords but they didnt.... lamesauce

discuss please...

disguy

Smash Cadet
Hopefully SEGA will finally make a really good 3-D sonic game. I think they should do what capcom is doing with Megaman 9 and go back and make a brand new retro style Sonic 4.

Tenki

Smash Hero
What don't you like about the Sonic boards,Tenki?
The random spike of backwards progression.

We were all about playing smarter and doing different tricks to mix people up.

Then we had the whole Mr. 3000 getting 3rd thing, and people went back and paid more attention to basics, which is good. Playing smarter, always nice.

But then, I'm somewhat annoyed by old news starting to pop up again (omg guyz, i think we shud use spindash combo! u do 29 damage!! [which is incorrect, you do less from a grounded spin charge combo.])

And also, asking for combos?

I don't know. I might just not be very newb-friendly lately ;_;

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
the Random Spike Of Backwards Progression.

We Were All About Playing Smarter And Doing Different Tricks To Mix People Up.

Then We Had The Whole Mr. 3000 Getting 3rd Thing, And People Went Back And Paid More Attention To Basics, Which Is Good. Playing Smarter, Always Nice.

But Then, I'm Somewhat Annoyed By Old News Starting To Pop Up Again (omg Guyz, I Think We Shud Use Spindash Combo! U Do 29 Damage!! [which Is Incorrect, You Do Less From A Grounded Spin Charge Combo.])
Straaaaange Isn't It?

TwinkleToes

Smash Lord
BTW, Tenki, out of curiosity I clicked on the link in your signature and it made me ashamed to play as Sonic. I also had the dull sensation of wanting to kill myself creep up on me.

TwinkleToes

Smash Lord
That's why I don't do dittos. lol... I'd kill myself out of sheer frustration.

Pero

Smash Apprentice
Wow I return from my long sleep!
And yea Sonic dittos IMO are boring.
miCKi ruined it I was the only mickie from kh2 here at first >:[
well in the sonic threads at least.

miCKi

Smash Apprentice
Ehh well I fav mickie from kh what can I say...note the miCKi o.O...

U wanna brawl over it Pero? >:D

Tenki

Smash Hero
because in SA2, he was introduced as the ultimate life form.

Why does the ultimate life form need guns when he can shoot chaos spears?

Tenki

Smash Hero
also, wtf do people not understand sarcasm around here ;__;

TwinkleToes

Smash Lord
Too many ******* that lack the higher brain functions to understand such a concept.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
EDIT: whoops, wrong page. About why Shadow the Ultimate Life Form uses guns in his game -

Guns are more fun?

And Shadow didn't have chaos spheres in SA2, last I checked. That wasn't implemented until the newer Sonic the Hedgehog, as a relatively short-range projectile.

Tenki

Smash Hero
he had it as a special attack in multiplayer mode ;D

also, even though it may not be absolutely 'canon', Sonic X's first Shadow (when they spoof the SA2 series) abuses Chaos Spear as much as DBZ characters shoot ki.

miCKi

Smash Apprentice
EDIT: whoops, wrong page. About why Shadow the Ultimate Life Form uses guns in his game -

Guns are more fun?

And Shadow didn't have chaos spheres in SA2, last I checked. That wasn't implemented until the newer Sonic the Hedgehog, as a relatively short-range projectile.
Yea he had chaos spear at the end of the Hero story mode too when u fought him for the last time as Sonic.

And no. guns + shadow = no fun
That was the stupidist thing Sega ever did well IMO.
I basically dont like it because it seems black sterotypical.
IDK its just me and the game was boring. There last good 3-D one was Sonic Heros. IMO

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
While I admit divergent storylines and weak enemies to face an armed Shadow was a bad idea, I have trouble understanding why so many people dislike the "arsenal" concept of the game. Of course, I also find that the "shooter" aspects were the best idea Sega ever came up with - by using the auto-aim, Sega created a high-speed shooter, and personally that was a "best of both worlds" type thing for me, even though the storyline was repetitive.

memphischains

Smash hhkj'
so... how do you do these spinny combo whatits? lack of hit stun?

and what is ACC ISIA IESH BEA frames? HOW CAN I KILL

OMG I CANT BELIEVE SONIC IN BRAWL
HES SO CHEAP, SO FAST
ISNT 3000 A MOVIE OH WAIT DIVIDE llol

TwinkleToes

Smash Lord
I knew it was only a matter of time before you cracked, memphis. Damn shame. You were a good kid... a good kid...

lil cj

Smash Lord
Heres some good news I beat Snake with Sonic:)
See Snake is no match for Sonic.
Speed is better than explosives!!!
Also beat a Wario:)
But I lost to The Ice Climbers:(
I cant beat those little guys with Sonic

TwinkleToes

Smash Lord
We can do that match-up soonish. But really, half of the game is basically just being as gay and lame as possible so that you can break the ICs up and not get grabbed. Because if a good IC player grabs you you're going to get 80 damage at least and probably die anyways. Er, a counter to that is to pick a moving stage that doesn't allow for their chain grabbing. Like rainbow cruise. But assuming you don't have stage advantage you'll need to concentrate on killing Nana.

miCKi

Smash Apprentice
Yea IC's u gotta separate them a good way to is to use spin charges/dashes (ehh kinda alot until nanas gone) And if they spot dodge or sometimes if they roll u'll catch Nana. But I say when they are both there DONT GRAB...unless they are separated.
But yea their chain grabs a pain I say stay close to the edge cuz u have aireal priorty over them anyway close to edge = shorter chain grab = less damage.

And gimp the crap outta them if u hit nana and she falls u didnt fail. Now its easier...until the next stock atleast.

Yea its shadow...hes black >_>...with a gun...I was in denial like no no couldnt be. But I could under stand like if he would take RPG's from army men shoot'em (sometimes) or rip a turrent off and use it to destroy a mech. and them go. But running and most of the point of the game is having a gun.

Its like this think back to Sonic adventure 2 then look at Shadow All of a sudden he pulls out a gun shooting everywhere screaming "THIS IS WHO I IS!" (yea worded wrong on purpose)
Its just sterotypical and stupid IMO lol...

Tenki

Smash Hero
haha, I still remember "I hate that hedgehog".

Also, has anyone noticed how much Sonic is like... THE representation of Brawl as a character?

- Campy? d;
- Combos are built-in. the combos, or anything else, have to be built-in or else they don exits.
- Makes heavy use of the fact that people have landing lag, and almost everything can be shieldgrabbed lol.
- sucks, but people play him anyway xD

haha...hah.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
What the hell? I can't figure out what that is......

Edit: Heh. I love Pizu's study. I think I first saw it on the Lucario boards. You guys are obsessed with that, aren't you?
Its actually more like I'm the one obsessed with comics, although Tallen brought up BehindTG.

http://behindtg.deviantart.com/art/Manaphy-Laughs-Best-75398631
http://behindtg.deviantart.com/art/Manaphy-Still-Laughs-Best-83606414

Pizu's study is sonic related though, so it seemed appropriate. (this one is even funnier after you use the link in the "Artist's comments").

HMD

Smash Journeyman
Do u think it would be good if i made a xat chat room for sonic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom