• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sonic boards at Genesis.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=211141

Well, as some of you do or don't know, Genesis is a huge if not THE HUGEST tourney ever to hit Brawl, and of course there will be approx. ~500 people there at the least.

So if you've seen KID's tourney thread very recently, this topic is moreorless the same thing... except for a different tourney.

Cool right?

Anyway I want to mainly talk about the certain people of this group (The Sonic boarders, genius...), who is coming and what they plan to do.

It can be anything, like how will they get there, how guaranteed are they to show up, what are some of their plans they might have on the side while down there if they aren't locals, and perhaps if we come as a group where/when we can meet and what we could do together, such as practicing for the tourney with each other, teach others some stuff, blah blah blah.

Me and Magnum were just talking about this on the Xatroom the other day, and AFAIK these people are confirmed so far.

- (no particular order BTW)

Kinzer
Magnum
Malcolm
MF2K

Please discuss away, Sonic boards, you can imagine this is one tourney that the players attending cannot afford not to do their best at, nor is it an event to miss if there is a chance people can go there...

...besides that, I want to see how far people who play Sonic can take him in what will probably be the most competitive environment we will see in a very long time if not ever.

Xiivi said:
I completely approve of, and encourage threads like that.
When looking at a topic, I always ask "What is the point of this topic?"
Looking at these kinds of threads, it's easy to see the purpose is "Sonic Representation at ______."
Personally, I think that's a great thing as long as it does not become a general chat thread and stays on the topic of "Sonic Representation at ______." The reason I think it's a great thing is because it encourages Sonic users to go to tournaments and help other Sonic users get to tournaments. This of course helps to build Sonic's tournament representation, and thus Sonic's metagame. One Sonic going to a tournament is fine. But when multiple go, they will be playing the same people. Because of this Sonic users will be able to see how different playstyles work out for Sonic and figure out what is most effective in building Sonic's metagame.

So hopefully the thread stays on topic. The thread will be locked after the tournament is over of course, and hopefully it doesn't need to be locked sooner due to spam. Keep it clean. ;)

Trillion

Smash Ace
We need lots of Sonic representation at this. I want this tournament to be like an all you can eat steak buffet for our opponents, so we need a full menu of steak showing up.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Oh yeah, here's what I know so far, and my experiences I'll probably have.

So I'm going to be going on a 2-week trip to Europe prior to the day the tourney is up (Sorry fellas, so England or Netherlands :(), and when and if we all do meet-up in a big group, we will go to a fine dinery that has Steak, and sincwe Magnum is a wussy vegetarian, I'll fork down one tiny bit of Steak so he knows how it works.

I'll be showing up in a car BTW, since I live in Vegas and Genesis is only a 8 hour drive at worst.

I'll also see if Mother can book us into one of the hotels they are giving in the thread.

infomon

Smash Scientist
I was so pumped for this

seeeeriously gonna try and go

but then I read the brawl ruleset. what the crap!?? random stages, 5-minute timer in pools??

a lot of crazynonsense.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
I know, I was kinda irked about the ruleset myself, but something liek this would defenitely help me become a better player, and I might be able to leave some kind of dent in the tourney.

I'll go if I can, I won't miss this event unless somehow the trip ends up Gaying me and my mother... as well as her having to take an extra day off or two to meet the time constraints of this tourney.

RenegadeRaven

Smash Ace
Ugh!!
Antioch is so deep in CA D=
I wanna go just for the experience, but it might not be possible.

It's during summer too though.
Might be going to Santa Monica in CA to visit family during that time. But even so that's still more than 300mi.
Meh, I'll see what I can do. >_<

I was so pumped for this

seeeeriously gonna try and go

but then I read the brawl ruleset. what the crap!?? random stages, 5-minute timer in pools??

a lot of crazynonsense.
D= I didn't see that. That ghey.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
I suggested to Magnum that if any of us showed up, we all went under the "Steak" tag.

I'm actually doing to do it.

And Renegade, you got to do something man, you can't make the trip all the way from AZ to Cali and not travel another 300 Mi. to miss it! D:

I gotta find Antioch on the map though, I have no idea where it is and I got a feeling it's somewhere high up in Norcal.

I'll probably just have it a whee bit easier since I'm in Vegas, but bleh, doing it right after the trip to Europe will probably be killer.

M@v

Subarashii!
Isnt it just a TAD bit early for this kind of thread? >_>. I mean its still 6 months away....

~TBS~

Smash Champion
Rolling around at the speed of Sound, Maryland.
pgh-M@w-pgh? (what the world? how do you pronounce or write this?) i hope this is right...
The purpose of this thread is to make sure if anyone can make it to this tourney. its freaking epic, and we wanna show people our Sonic skills. So it is important that we make sure we know who can go, help with rides, housing, etc...

In the summer, i can MAYBE talk my family into taking a trip here. MAYBE, and that is a big maybe. But, its summer, and my family likes to travel, so there is a chance that i can go. man, guys hold your hands for this one...

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
It makes me die inside everytime I see stuff like this and remember I will probably never ever be able to go to stuff like this :/

I don't know how they work but...the 'Pools' additional rules are a bit odd. Why is it for Brawl only? Surely there will be outrage about such rules...

messiahfreak2000

Smash Apprentice
NNID
messiahfreak2000
I will definitely be there.

The pools rules are weird. But most likely it will be changed. Plenty of time for that.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
For the record, I believe Ive said this before for when you guys talk about me, you dont have to put "da" in front of "K.I.D." If its too much trouble you really dont have to put the periods in, and can just leave it as "KID". if you right out da K.I.D. everytime, it just looks silly.

however, I do humbly request that should you speak of me, please keep all the letters capitalised. as "KID" is an anagram and since each letter is a different word, all the letters should be capitalised.

infomon

Smash Scientist
Knuckles Is Dead! :urg:

meh let's just call him kiddy. 'sup, kiddy?

jk <3

KID are you srsly thinking of going to genesis? would you be able to?

memphischains

Smash hhkj'
lol kid who cares about how they right your name.
any kind publicity is publicity, doesn't matter what about, why, how, or who else with.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I'm not going either. Can't afford it.
You guys should come to WHOBO instead. 3000 and I will be there. :D

:bee:

memphischains

Smash hhkj'
id much rather go to genisis.

if i win the lottery i will go.
or if i kill a dude and take his money.
or do 15 1 dollar money matches a day and win every one of them

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
I highly doubt I could go to this...but it IS during the summer so that increases my chances...but still.

I swear by Steak that I will do everything in my power to try and attend this :mad:

If I rent a car and roadtrip east-coast to west-coast for this, who'd join me? :laugh:
mememememe

:093:

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
puffy, give us the whobo thread plox

MC: or you could not **** out, and do 15$ money matches. that will get you money and will get you good at the game real quick.
also the only reason I made the thing about my name is because saying "hey da KID gave me this great idea!" sounds really tacky and corny to my ears, while saying something like "I saw KID play and hes amazing" flows much better.

GF: No that is not my name, Ive explained it multiple times, and there was even a time where, xiivi reposted the post i made describing everything.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Isnt it just a TAD bit early for this kind of thread? >_>. I mean its still 6 months away....
6 months for probably one of the most awesome events.

Seems justified to me.

I will definitely be there.

The pools rules are weird. But most likely it will be changed. Plenty of time for that.
They're wierd, but whatever, I'll just play gay and were down the clock if it still runs like that.

I'm not going either. Can't afford it.
You guys should come to WHOBO instead. 3000 and I will be there. :D

:bee:
You coward, but whatever, if it's in the Summer *and assuming the drive down to the place in TX isn't anymore than a whole day round-trip in total* I might consider going.

You want to just link us the thread so we can get an idea of what we could expect?

There's that, and KID if it bothers you so much I'll change it, I'll have to anyway since Espy is going to chicken out.

<3

Browny

Smash Hater
Lol return trips have been advertised for this on the aussie boards at like $1700

i think ill pass :p

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
DJ, you should have like over $9,000 with all your tourney placings, what have you been doing wrong?

:p

Browny

Smash Hater
Tourneys only give out prizes here (games + lots of PC gear)

The majority of the entry fee ($18/9) is for all the PC/console games (goes towards the venue fee), thats what gets people into the brawl tourneys who normally would not enter :) If brawl tourneys were only for money, we'd be lucky to even get 6 entrants. honestly the only reason people come is because its part of lan parties that go for like 26 hours, lots of friendlies + 4 player silliness to be had in that time :p

Browny

Smash Hater
the stuff is still expensive, even if its not cash. 2 tourneys ago i won 2 xbox 360 games, 2 gaming keyboards and a dance mat. I think its fair to put a price on them :/

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
i wouldnt be surprised it cat was lying all this time and that was actually him in his avi.
... or boxob...

@DJ.
I suppose.

@ everyone
When the next BFWNY is annouced, im jacking this thread for it.

@kinzer.
entry fee and venue fee are different, personal example.
20 bucks to get into the building for a LAN party, the building holds a smash tourney you only show up to the building for the lan party. but since the entry fee goes to the activities for the whole lan party, the prise for the smash tourney is only like 10 bucks in free food and stuff...

thats why ankokus list (i think) requires prise payouts to be included in the results he takes in.

Top Bottom