• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Song Recommendations (with links!)

Mith_

Smash Champion
Defense the Anthem - Machel Montano

This is a great upbeat trinidad crunk song. This song could rally a crowd of anybody :) I was gonna use it in a Falco combo video until I came to the realization that I have the worst Falco in the United States and my vid would suck dinosaur balls. :urg:

Anyways,

<3 Trinidad.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
So a friend of mine just came home for the weekend with a heap o' new tunes for me to listen to, and he played THIS for me in particular.

I quite like it. I know it's long, but give it a fair listen. If you start to lose interest, just remind yourself that there's a BANJO SOLO toward the end.

And if you've already heard, then rest assured that I'm already aware that you're really cool.

Spike6sic6

Smash Cadet
Powerglove - So Sexy Robotnik http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBsw_JlzIbs&feature=related

metal cover of songs from sonic 2. what else do you want
Powerglove is great. The only thing I don't like is how they "overstuffed" a lot of their songs. To the point where some are not even similar to the original songs anymore.

Here's mine;
Children of Bodom - Lake Bodom

There's some quality metal. A lot of people don't like their newer stuff, but to me it's just as good.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Deadmau5 - Ghosts n Stuff

I've always been a fan of Deadmau5. Glad to see he's starting to get at least a little bit of popularity. This is also a favorite song of mine by him. I need to find somewhere in my city that sells his stuff, because I refuse to buy from iTunes.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Tim Follins - Venge Thicket (Plok)

Genre: NES/SNES Videogame Chiptune music [I guess]

Oh right, I forgot to say why... [oops] ok, well Tim Follins is a legend I believe, with NES and SNES chiptune music. Really great, and awesome. I can't stop listening at all. Him and the Mike and Geoff Folin had a knack for making great videogame 8bit music.

Oh a link! haha silly me, I'll get the hang of this. ;p

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
I've been listening to this:

Sonny - Mora

As well as a few other new songs by him. It took me a minute to get used to the new version of Mora, but now I can't stop listening to it.

tmw_redcell

ULTRA GORGEOUS
BRoomer
Alright, I went ahead and edited the thread title, I hope Jamstunnasaurus isn't offended. This is not a topic to simply list what you're listening to, and no matter how bold the rules in the first post are tons of people are ignoring them. I hope the title change helps.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Tim Follin - Beach (Plok!)

This is another song that I am currently listening to, although I believe its the best from all of the Plok Songs. Again, Tim Follin is too good, hope you enjoy if you listen to this.

Also, I think the title change will help. :] I wasn't trying to ignore the rules, just I forgot what the topic really was about. Now with this title I should know I'm not just posting what I'm listening to, but also recommending it. Naturally I'd think I'd put why I was recommending it too.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
Alright, I went ahead and edited the thread title, I hope Jamstunnasaurus isn't offended. This is not a topic to simply list what you're listening to, and no matter how bold the rules in the first post are tons of people are ignoring them. I hope the title change helps.
Thanks for the title change, I think it will help as well.

The mods have cut me a break by even allowing this thread, so please follow the rules.

the melon!!!!!

Smash Lord
WilkesBarre-Scranton, PA/State College, PA
3DS FC
0963-1716-1141
A Day To Remember - I'm Made Of Wax, Larry, What Are You Made Of?

Off the new album "Homesick", my personal fave from it. I'm calling it now, this album will be one of the best of the genre (hardcore/alternative) this year.

In Fear And Faith - The Taste Of Regret

Another new release this year, off the debut full album "Your World On Fire" by post-hardcore sextet In Fear And Faith. Really great music, a must listen for fans of The Devil Wears Prada and Underøath.

That's all i got for now, enjoy!

MBreeto

Smash Ace
More. Powerglove hasn't put out a new album in forever.
Exactly. I know a friend who went to one of their concerts. He said it was sweet.

As for a song:

The Mathematicians - Weapons of Math Instruction.

I think there's a link to the song on their myspace

smashbot226

Smash Master

Moy

Where's the coffee cake?
Slippi.gg
MOY#56

Fat NISMO

Smash Cadet
@SeinyuuN/A
ATR is a pretty good band. But i like more of As I lay Dying than them. But thats my opinion.

Ive been listening to Metalcore lately(well i always listen to Metal music Lol)
here is one
Sanctity Of Brothers- Unearth
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OzhNjkwTjlI

Smoke 'Em If Ya Got 'Em- Parkway Drive
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7usTgw-7XfM

And another song that isnt rock music
whole different that know one here wont like
well ill put it here anyways. genre is called Super Eurobeat if you dont know
Dancing In my Dreams-J Storm
Sorry this is the only video that i could get with this song
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4elm4rU_pwU

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Begin Again From the Beginning - The Ataris

Genre: Rock

This song's sound amazes me every time I stumble upon it again. There's something ultimately peaceful and uplifting about it. The lyrics are also great, especially my favorite line in the entire song -- "'Til I fell down, and I cried out/But there was silence/A deafening silence/More brilliant than anything."

smashplayer16

Smash Ace
There is a rap song i heard a while ago, and a guy say "gotta stay fly" and then there is a girl in a backround saying "so flyyyyy so hiiiiiigh".

please respond if you know the song is called.

kr3wman

Smash Master
Ai wo torimodose - Crystal King

A song with a huge amount of sheer energy pulsing out of it. Both singers give both sides of the song (Hard side by the deep voice, soft side by high voice) real feeling.

YOU WA SHOCK!

Daitokai Same band.

Both songs are early 80s japanese rock. HOWEVER, it sounds kinda like Queen. :embarrass

EDIT : Both singers are male.

Top Bottom