• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Something that has nothing to do with Brawl

SonicSSJX the Hedgehog

Smash Apprentice
thats true, ive never owned a handheld so i havent had much esperience with them, but i do know that the advance and rush series's were vey good, they just werent big. which is what i think that theyre trying to change now

and i dont know why cause it seems like it would be a great idea, but i just cant stand any of the sonic racing games, they were just annoying to me, especially if he is on any kind of board. the dude runs at the speed of sound, you know going in that nobody can beat him in a race, and why the hell would he be on a board when he can run faster than any contraption that they could put him on,just pointless imho
The hover boards to contradict Sonic's speed. I guess SEGA wanted a Sonic racing series to rival Mario Kart or something like that. Mario Kart is still a whole lot better than the Sonic Riders series.

SonicLucario

Smash Journeyman
I just can't stand that Sonic rides an airboard and runs slow when off of it.Which contradicts what he can do,run at the speed of sound.Haven't played Zero Gravity yet but the original was just boring to me.I prefer Mario Kart.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
i vote that we scratch shadow the hedgehog and disregard it as part of the sonic series
I'm surprised that I missed this.

Seconded.

-----

As for that Bioware trailer, I saw it yesterday, and all it's accomplished is make me wish it'd come sooner.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
thanks for the link to that, even tho i cant watch it cause my cpu's being a **** to me.

but it really seems like sonic games are going to start being legitamate again, and maybe even reclaim the gold standard of sonic in the genesis era

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
thanks for the link to that, even tho i cant watch it cause my cpu's being a **** to me.

but it really seems like sonic games are going to start being legitamate again, and maybe even reclaim the gold standard of sonic in the genesis era
Woah woah woah. You are aware what you are asking Sonic Team to do right? Trying to match up and rival the days of Sonic 2-Knuckles is gonna be tough for them old geezers.

One baby step at a time pal. They're gonna be making alot of those, I assure you that.

Tenki

Smash Hero
Woah woah woah. You are aware what you are asking Sonic Team to do right? Trying to match up and rival the days of Sonic 2-Knuckles is gonna be tough for them old geezers.

One baby step at a time pal. They're gonna be making alot of those, I assure you that.
Oh, but I don't think Sonic Team is in charge of these games :x

SonicLucario

Smash Journeyman

The handhelds (for the most part) are at that point.Secret Rings was a step in the right direction though but still not perfect.Just my opinion of course.

Lizam

Smash Cadet
NNID
Lizzam
Bioware is creating Sonic Chronicles. So even if Sonic Chronicles exceptionally well, it wont really effect Sonic games in the future, unless Bioware continue with Sonic.

However, if Sonic Unleashed does turns out to be great, then that's just a step in the right direction for Sonic Team. If it turns out to be average or another dud, well.... Back to the drawing board >.>

But to be honest, Sonic Unleashed is looking good. It's combining both gameplay elements of Sonic Rush, which has a faster paced feel to the genesis titles, and the gameplay of Secret Rings which was a decent spin off for Sonic.

I was disappointed when IGN said in the preview that there will be no multiplayer what so ever (I've always wanted a competitive online Sonic/Racing game) and that it runs at 30 frames per second (kinda weird for a game where your traveling at high speeds @.@), but it really all comes down to how the mechanics of the werewolf gameplay work. It sounds stupid but Link pulled it off well.

Anyway, we will probably find out all this at E3.

Lizam

Smash Cadet
NNID
Lizzam
By the way, i thought i better introduce myself as this is the first thread I've posted in.

I've been reading a lot of the threads (most excellent info by the way) on this board for a while now, but haven't been able to add any input because i live in Australia and don't have brawl. But I've been trying to learn the mechanics of Sonic to give me a head start when i get the game on June 26th (AUS release), as i plan to main Sonic.
I play lot of melee, i am a fox main, but i never got into any comparative tournaments.

I am a big Sonic fan, which I'm guessing a lot of you are too, and i look forward to a lot of Sonic releases.

I just thought i would let you know in a thread relating to Sonic outside of brawl, which i know very much of .

Thanks ^^

SonicLucario

Smash Journeyman
By the way, i thought i better introduce myself as this is the first thread I've posted in.

I've been reading a lot of the threads (most excellent info by the way) on this board for a while now, but haven't been able to add any input because i live in Australia and don't have brawl. But I've been trying to learn the mechanics of Sonic to give me a head start when i get the game on June 26th (AUS release), as i plan to main Sonic.
I play lot of melee, i am a fox main, but i never got into any comparative tournaments.

I am a big Sonic fan, which I'm guessing a lot of you are too, and i look forward to a lot of Sonic releases.

I just thought i would let you know in a thread relating to Sonic outside of brawl, which i know very much of .

Thanks ^^
Welcome:)
:sonic:

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
good to have you, you are choosing the road less traveled and as such, it will be a long bumby road to sonic mastery, but i wish you luck.

so bioware is developing the sonic MMO and its gona be on the DS, sounds weird enuff. i originally thought that it was a pc title. but i really think that sonics appearance in brawl is a sign of good things to come

Tenki

Smash Hero
good to have you, you are choosing the road less traveled and as such, it will be a long bumby road to sonic mastery, but i wish you luck.

so bioware is developing the sonic MMO and its gona be on the DS, sounds weird enuff. i originally thought that it was a pc title. but i really think that sonics appearance in brawl is a sign of good things to come
You mean... RPG?

lol I know MMO+RPG is a common link, but oh man, a massively multiplayer online Sonic RPG sounds dumb. @.@

Thanks ^^
Welcome :lick:
:snake:

Dragonbreath

Smash Ace
The annoying thing about the Chronicles trailer is that it didn't show a lot of actual gameplay. You saw a comic-book style cinematic, which didn't really tell us anything we didn't know, then a bunch of quick, > 1 second-long clips that show off the graphics okay, but don't give us much of an idea of what playing the game is actually like. Wow that was a long sentence.

But movie voice guy totally makes up for that.

Magus-Cie

Smash Journeyman
Gameplay is going to be something like TWEWY. That and elite beat agents. *read it in game informer*

Lizam

Smash Cadet
NNID
Lizzam
The annoying thing about the Chronicles trailer is that it didn't show a lot of actual gameplay. You saw a comic-book style cinematic, which didn't really tell us anything we didn't know, then a bunch of quick, > 1 second-long clips that show off the graphics okay, but don't give us much of an idea of what playing the game is actually like. Wow that was a long sentence.

But movie voice guy totally makes up for that.
http://au.ds.ign.com/articles/874/874573p1.html

That preview has a bit more on gameplay

While on the main map, the stylus is used in Wind Waker-like fashion to steer your team around, while in-battle sessions are a mix of touch-controlled buttons, and Elite Beat Agent super combos

Top Bottom