• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Something interesting.

-Aka-

Smash Cadet
I was messing around with Fox in training mode due to being bored, and I stumbled across something interesting. I DO NOT have a video of it but I can/probably will get one. It seems that certain characters can be chased by Fox in a fun manor. I first did this on Snake at 50%.

Fthrow - Nair - Dash attack/Usmash

In total it gives ~30% (without hits from the grab). I tried it in a couple of matches against some people and got Fthrow - Nair - Dsmash to work also. It's just something interesting to look into. Just thought I should share this =]

- Aka -

Zhamy

Smash Champion
I don't understand. Are you saying this a true combo? Because if not, it's rather useless.

-Aka-

Smash Cadet
I don't understand. Are you saying this a true combo? Because if not, it's rather useless.
It's not a true combo, but if they don't tech the Fthrow and get away from it right away they're pretty much screwed. It's not useless at all <.< saying that is like saying getting an easy 30% is useless like you don't need it.

crifer

Smash Lord
Against Snake there are better alternatives.

space youself (with dash attack, dair, nair, empty sh, shad) to do uptilts, grab, dthrow, fair.
It´s more than 30 %.

Rudementry

Smash Journeyman
Yea, theres plenty of other ridiculous things you can do to snake, D throw, if they DI away, run and catch up to them and regrab (its much easier than it sounds), D throw, if they DI towards you, Immediately full hop fair. After the fair, they'll be right below you in the air, so Dair, and since fox falls super fast, you catch up to him right as hes landing and he can't shield it, then after you finish the dair, grab, D throw, and repeat. It works up until the edge, then they're vulnerable. Sometimes platforms can mess you up though, or if you are used to them, they can be helpful. But for sure, if they DI towards you after a D throw, you get an almost automatic F'Air to D'Air. Then regrabbing is easy.

Sukai

Smash Champion
Dude, what Zhamy said, but for me emphasizing that unless it's a true combo, the up smash is out of the question, especially for tanks like Snake, who has the second best vertical knockback resistance.

Zhamy

Smash Champion
Dair->Jab
Dair->Utilt
Dair->blah blah blah

Basically, as you rack on more damage to your opponent, you'll be able to chain Dair into slower things.

Also, Nair weakhits into a bunch of stuff, which is pretty cool, and there are a ton of specific combos too.

Sukai

Smash Champion
It's pretty character dependent, but up tilt combos into a few stuff.
Neutral air, down air, grab, even a well timed down tilt.

Top Bottom