• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Something bothering you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
I just hate it when people actually just say FML or **** my life, I always have. I like to get creative with it, like...f me sideways, or something.

Proverbs

Smash Lord
Sometimes I feel like I have very few real friends--if any.

It's sort of like, people are willing to be nice to me when I see them or even talk to me occasionally on the phone or something, but when I really try to put effort into making a friendship, I'm sort of cut off.

Or, people will be dying to talk to me when they need help figuring things out in their life or spiritual walk, but tend not to think of me as an actual friend.

Or someone will love hanging out and playing smash with me, but won't leave room for any personal talk.

:(

Sometimes I feel like my only friend is God. I'm the guy that everyone 'respects' or 'admires' or whatever--but that no one really takes time to get to know. People say that I'm 'wise' or whatever. A lot of the time I wish I was a fool, at least this way I wouldn't feel lonely all the time.

I mean it when I say that I would honestly be lost without God. He's the only One I hold onto when I feel like this.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Sometimes I feel like I have very few real friends--if any.

It's sort of like, people are willing to be nice to me when I see them or even talk to me occasionally on the phone or something, but when I really try to put effort into making a friendship, I'm sort of cut off.

Or, people will be dying to talk to me when they need help figuring things out in their life or spiritual walk, but tend not to think of me as an actual friend.

Or someone will love hanging out and playing smash with me, but won't leave room for any personal talk.

:(

Sometimes I feel like my only friend is God. I'm the guy that everyone 'respects' or 'admires' or whatever--but that no one really takes time to get to know. People say that I'm 'wise' or whatever. A lot of the time I wish I was a fool, at least this way I wouldn't feel lonely all the time.

I mean it when I say that I would honestly be lost without God. He's the only One I hold onto when I feel like this.
If you're the respected/admired/wise advice guy, then it seems to be unofficial law that you can't have your own problems and the like to discuss with friends.

Yes, you'll be there for them, but they won't be there for you, because you're meant to be the strong one, the one that doesn't have problems, you know the solution to everything.

It's why I hate playing that role with my friends, but I guess you just have to live with it, or perhaps find a new friend that you can try make a new start with.,

Proverbs

Smash Lord
Eh, I hate the whole idea of just ditching friends. I'm the type of person that tries to make things work--every time. But even though your post was sarcastic, it kinda did make me realize that I do need to be that person for them. Because even if I don't receive the help that I need, it doesn't mean that they need me any less, right?

And even if they're not going to treat me in the same way, does that mean I should stop putting in effort? Not at all. I'll continue doing the same, because I know that Jesus gave much more than I did, and received even less from others. If I'm trying to be like Him, should I stop here? Once again, not at all.

God's given me the ability to be able to hold on despite all of this and push forward. I'll use it. I know God will supply me with what I need, after all, he has "given us everything we need for life and godliness" (2 Peter 1:3 NIV).

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Proverbs, I was being serious. Every group needs its solid rock to hold it together.

It's just a difficult role to have sometimes.

Proverbs

Smash Lord
Oh. <.<;; Nevermind. I first glanced at it and agreed, then when I actually got the time to read through it all, it seemed sarcastic. Regardless, it helped ^_^

KosukeKGA

Smash Champion
Lol.

Proverbs, why be led when you can be a leader? Why sit back and relax when you can pull your fill?

It's better for people to look up to you.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
It's not as enjoyable as you'd think.
The only thing that makes up for the extra burden of responsibility is the satisfaction of helping your friends.

Proverbs

Smash Lord
I had to play that role a lot as well, Proverbs. All you can do is hope that someone will return the favor at some point.
Well, I'm not hoping someone 'returns the favor' I'm just hoping I can have a friend that's close to me. I'm someone who really thrives off relationships and loves people. So feeling cut off from them is hard for me.

Lol.

Proverbs, why be led when you can be a leader? Why sit back and relax when you can pull your fill?

You're right, honestly. The thing is, I've never seen myself as a leader, really. I don't know if people know this about me, but I just don't think a whole lot of myself. Like, people will talk me and say "Ryan, you're such a spiritual guy." I'm sitting there thinking "I am!? When did this happen?" I guess I've been holding back from being a leader because I haven't really had any faith in myself that I could be one.

And so when I see all of these people relying on me, I feel as if I'm out of place, I guess.

But as I'm being called into leadership positions in the church (on a small scale right now) I guess I can't really deny that I've been given a gift. I never wanted to, it's just a surprise. As I said earlier, I never really though anything of myself.

It's not as enjoyable as you'd think.
The only thing that makes up for the extra burden of responsibility is the satisfaction of helping your friends.
This is also true.

kirbywizard

Smash Hero
3DS FC
0989-1847-5768
Hm the Spanish presentation was not as hard as I thought and I ended up getting an A+. But one of my group members in Biology is very timid, to the point were it looks you may make her cry or break if your say something wrong. It is becoming a hassle because she is also very dense when it comes down to it. Makes it harder to assign work as well. I do not want to work twice as hard for her mistakes -__-. Also I just realized it is very hard for me to show emotion even if it is a fake laugh. @_@

KnnySm3

Smash Apprentice
You know what I hate? I hate Smash World Forums and I hate it with a passion. You know why I hate this place? Because I've been here before and I know what this place is. I know the dark, cold gaze it casts upon you as you sip your tea in the afternoon at peace ignorant to the danger that is in a location adjacent to your vicinity. I know the mindset, the calm, the joy and happiness experienced by an individual prior to the heartless and impetuous gaze descending upon you. You feel strong, you feel safe... and then, in but an instant, it all disappears because someone feels they must judge you.

Someone feels as though your utopian mindset should be looked down upon and that you should see the world through their eyes... through those ****, angry eyes. No sir, you will not be coming to this place and enjoying yourself indefinitely. Maybe not today, maybe not tommorrow, but soon... soon you will suffer what I've suffered and I will laugh at your misfortune because I was there to warn you and did you listen to me? No... You did not.

I strongly dislike Smash World Forums.

I want my genitals back.

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
You know what I hate? I hate Smash World Forums and I hate it with a passion. You know why I hate this place? Because I've been here before and I know what this place is. I know the dark, cold gaze it casts upon you as you sip your tea in the afternoon at peace ignorant to the danger that is in a location adjacent to your vicinity. I know the mindset, the calm, the joy and happiness experienced by an individual prior to the heartless and impetuous gaze descending upon you. You feel strong, you feel safe... and then, in but an instant, it all disappears because someone feels they must judge you.

Someone feels as though your utopian mindset should be looked down upon and that you should see the world through their eyes... through those ****, angry eyes. No sir, you will not be coming to this place and enjoying yourself indefinitely. Maybe not today, maybe not tommorrow, but soon... soon you will suffer what I've suffered and I will laugh at your misfortune because I was there to warn you and did you listen to me? No... You did not.

I strongly dislike Smash World Forums.

I want my genitals back.
This was obviously a joke post. Nobody would be THIS butthurt about a website...

Then again....

Proverbs

Smash Lord
Then don't come here. People don't judge you. They teach you how to play better. When I play better and have a more fluid command of the game, I enjoy it more. Therefore, they teach me how to get more enjoyment out of the game and have crazier matches with my friends.

And, this is the internet, everyone gets judged. Sad, but it's true. That's not unique to SWF or anything. And beyond that, you shouldn't let the judgment that does or doesn't go on here bother you that much. Seriously, it's some person on a GAMING forum, and you're going to let that blacken your soul?

Unless that was a joke post, chill out and ease up a little. You'll find that, although there are a few people here who will judge you, there are a lot of others who'll be friendly enough.

By the way, welcome to the forums ^_^

EDIT: Yeah, it must've been a joke post.

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
Oh no, I assure you, I'm very butthurt over this website.

My black cherry was viciously popped here.
You really have seen nothing yet. Go to AllisBrawl.com. They won't judge you there, because everyone in that community seems to act on the same level of ***********.

KnnySm3

Smash Apprentice
I'm avoiding LadyMartel and FireBomb at all costs because I've known them before they became staff there and I have a personal connection with them both so no, I won't be going to AllisBrawl.

And before any of this gets too out of hand, you guys caught me. I was joking around the whole time. Though, I do dislike this place to a degree because when I first came here I took the opinions of others very seriously. Now I don't. =)

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
A good friend of mine killed himself.

*sigh*

When it rains it pours.

I also seem to have a concussion, but it was worth it.

KnnySm3

Smash Apprentice
Ouch... Sorry to hear about that, KevinM. I truly am sorry about that.

Thing is, I have a couple of suicidal friends myself and I've been watching them for a while but recently I kinda just stopped. I think I'm actually annoyed that they're so "depressed" all the time and I completely filter out when they say they're going to go through with it and kill themself.

Luckily, nothing bad has happened yet but I just don't know what to do anymore. I have absolutely no clue how I can help them out when they never listen to me.

Proverbs

Smash Lord
A good friend of mine killed himself.

*sigh*

When it rains it pours.

I also seem to have a concussion, but it was worth it.
I'm really sorry to hear about that, Kev. :( If you ever want to talk or anything, feel free to PM me or IM me or anything. I can't say I can relate or anything, but if you just need someone to listen, I'm here.

How'd you get the concussion?

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
I'm really sorry to hear about that, Kev. :( If you ever want to talk or anything, feel free to PM me or IM me or anything. I can't say I can relate or anything, but if you just need someone to listen, I'm here.

How'd you get the concussion?

Except unsuccessfully.

Proverbs

Smash Lord
A lot's bothering me and has been for a while. I just feel stuck. I'm not sure I can say more than that. Worst part is that I can't even cry about it. Even that would be something.

KnnySm3

Smash Apprentice
Well then, sir. I offer you two solutions:

1. Talk to a stranger that will listen to you on a forum dedicated to a video game, such as myself. Or... much more effectively,

2. Talk to someone close to you.

If all else fails, drink Dr Pepper. It won't help you feel better at all but come on... It's 23 flavors, man. 23 flavors.

Proverbs

Smash Lord
I don't even know. Forget it. I'll just suffer with it like I do with everything else. It's not like anything ever changes--it just takes a different shape.

KnnySm3

Smash Apprentice
Dr Pepper...

Nah, but seriously. Hmm... Honestly, I feel the same way you do most of the time and over the past couple of days I've discovered that not thinking about it and enjoying yourself by occupying your attention with other things you enjoy is a nice alternative and whenever you have to just let it out or cry or whatever to just do it and get it over with.

If the thing that "won't ever change" is something that can, in fact, change then I would suggest you work towards changing it for the better. Keep your mind on the prize and all of that. And if it's something that's bound to happen then come to terms with it and be at peace.

The fact that I don't know what your situation is greatly hinders whatever advice I can give you but know this... You are only as depressed as you allow yourself to be. That is absolute with all problems. I'm not saying you can magically make yourself happy but you can keep yourself from going in "the deep end" if you know what I mean.

I hope things work out for you, man.

Proverbs

Smash Lord
Baw, you help. I posted the first one before we started talking, and the second after my brother finally gave me a moment to think and I lost my whole train of thought.

Basically this is my situation:

I've been trying to dig myself out of a spiritual rut. I just feel worthless and useless in a lot of ways. I feel incredibly unloved and don't even know where to go anymore.

I just feel like I'm a failure. I feel like I'm such a failure all the time. I don't do anything worthwhile. Great, I play Melee. Big whoop. Like that's going to count for anything. Oh, I write? Badly. I don't even have a future in what I'm majoring in. Oh, but you're great at helping people and are a great guy. Oh, I'm sure. That's definitely why I have practically no close friends and one of my friends is trying to burn bridges with me, right?

Oh, but you've got that oh-so-amazing relationship with God, right? I'm the biggest failure here. I feel like my heart's so far from Him. I might not do a ton of 'terrible' things, but if my heart isn't with Him, I'm nothing but a Pharisee.

And, what's worse? I'm in love with a woman I'll never be with, convinced that God's sending me some sort of sign. I've gotten a million of them. And yet I can't decide if I should take God's Word for it, or be 'reasonable' about things. If I do either I'm judged. I'm either faithless or a creep. Great.

I am literally worthless. The only reason I've got any sort of wisdom is because I'm so freaking screwed up. That's why I know how to solve everyone's problems. Because I've experienced all of them time and again.

The worst part is that everyone at first thinks they can 'help me' or get me to some higher ground. Yeah, they give up real quick.

The thing I hate the most is that everyone will say "You've got people who love you." But no one says "I love you."

I've been saying that to everyone my whole life. I've tried to make it clear to everyone that if no one loves them, that I do. I really do love people so much--every one of them, individually. There's something special about each of them and I see it inside of them whether they're my best friend or some random person on the street. I see it. And the former never sees my love beneath all of my stupid emotions that mean nothing, and the latter I'll never see again.

This is nonsense. What am I worth? Nothing. The only reason I love others so much is because they're all what I wish I could be: Something worthwhile.

KnnySm3

Smash Apprentice
I love you.

No homo...

Edit: Anyway, you shouldn't feel worthless. I don't feel as though I should have to explain to you why you're not worthless when you know d*** well what it is that makes you worth something.

As of this particular moment, we seem pretty similiar (I phrase it like that in case you get offended by the whole "we're alike, you and I" thing) with the only difference being that I'm an arrogant jerk that thinks he's the king of the world. But despite me being completely narcissistic I accept that I have faults and actually point out that I have several of them.

One of the things I've learned over the years is that you shouldn't care what other people think. For an example that's closer to here, back in 2006 when I was posting as Uncle Kenny I tried desperately to become a BRoomer and for what? To gain the attention of people I don't care about and be a part of something I don't care about? And it was ridiculous too because all I ended up achieving was an infamous status and the hatred of several people. Or at the very least people "loved to hate me".

When I was younger, my mother neglected me and was in an abusive relationship with her current husband at the time and was always at odds with my other family members over me, making me feel as though I was the one that was to blame for everything. At school, I couldn't escape it either because I was bullied into the ground. I was the guy that EVERYONE bullied and I never did anything back.

I was spit on, called names, snuck, beat up, had my possessions messed up, and a number of other things and ALL of my friends were freaking backstabbers. Ninth grade I came to this site which shortly followed the lifestyle I just described to you and thought I found a place to get away but I was wrong. You can't escape judgement, you just can't. No matter where you go, there's always someone that thinks you're a freaking idiot.

So why care? What are they doing for you, anyway? Stop caring about what others think unless they give you a legitamate reason to do so. And stop being so hard on yourself because you're not worthless. And you're not alone either. I feel as though everyone around me is my brother or sister (excluding criminals, whom I view as nothing more than trash) and it hurts to know that they're suffering, it truly does.

If there's anything I could have it would be a world at peace but it'll never happen... Or at least, it can never happen unless we try to know each other and accept each other for who we are.

And as for the girl, go for it. And if it doesn't work out then don't sweat it because all that means is that it wasn't meant to be but that you SHOULD experience the rejection for something much more grand later. I know that doesn't sound too pleasent but I've gone through a similiar situation where I believed I was in love with a girl and she rejected me. Turns out, it got me closer to my closest friend, John. And she wasn't the one for me upon further inspection.

Life is fickle, but we don't have to be.

Be adamant in your beliefs and keep moving forward but most of all, believe in yourself. If you don't then why should anyone else?

missedwithtruestrike

Smash Journeyman
proverbs man, ive been there, no joke dude. i had no god to turn to, no family, no friends. and, unlike the happy ending ew all want, or need, i gave up on it all...on people, on any type of god there may be, on everything. and despite all of this, i feel happy, well, not happy but content at least in knowing that i have become much wiser than i thought i ever could have been. i thought i had it all at one point, now im a highschool dropout with no job, and no place to sleep half the time. the only things im good at havent really helped me either.

and this woman you love so much, go for it...because once you feel the true love as i have, you wont need anything else and if she doesnt love you back, than keep trying.

i can say that i have felt truly loved twice in my lifetime, and i can also say that i would be fine never feeling it again. i am a man filled with hate, anger, and eveything that goes with it.

dr.pepper guy makes a good point, work on making changes somehow and try to take your mind off all the **** that gets you down, and only then will you realize what you can really do with your life. i personally started a band and its been going great over the last few months.

one last thing proverbs, all things change...some gradually and others not so much, sometimes you just need to wait it out and also, time heals all wounds, its corny and cliche but its true. if this woman you love says no, than eventually it wont hurt anymore.

so proverbs, i hope this has let you know at least something, because it is my first attempt at something close to a good deed in years.
-MWTS

EDIT: dr.pepper guy, i was typing this while you were editing your last post i guess, cause it was only the "no homo" line when i started. but, you basicly told my story...weird... and by the way "we're alike, you and i"

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
Baw, you help. I posted the first one before we started talking, and the second after my brother finally gave me a moment to think and I lost my whole train of thought.

Basically this is my situation:

I've been trying to dig myself out of a spiritual rut. I just feel worthless and useless in a lot of ways. I feel incredibly unloved and don't even know where to go anymore.

I just feel like I'm a failure. I feel like I'm such a failure all the time. I don't do anything worthwhile. Great, I play Melee. Big whoop. Like that's going to count for anything. Oh, I write? Badly. I don't even have a future in what I'm majoring in. Oh, but you're great at helping people and are a great guy. Oh, I'm sure. That's definitely why I have practically no close friends and one of my friends is trying to burn bridges with me, right?

Oh, but you've got that oh-so-amazing relationship with God, right? I'm the biggest failure here. I feel like my heart's so far from Him. I might not do a ton of 'terrible' things, but if my heart isn't with Him, I'm nothing but a Pharisee.

And, what's worse? I'm in love with a woman I'll never be with, convinced that God's sending me some sort of sign. I've gotten a million of them. And yet I can't decide if I should take God's Word for it, or be 'reasonable' about things. If I do either I'm judged. I'm either faithless or a creep. Great.

I am literally worthless. The only reason I've got any sort of wisdom is because I'm so freaking screwed up. That's why I know how to solve everyone's problems. Because I've experienced all of them time and again.

The worst part is that everyone at first thinks they can 'help me' or get me to some higher ground. Yeah, they give up real quick.

The thing I hate the most is that everyone will say "You've got people who love you." But no one says "I love you."

I've been saying that to everyone my whole life. I've tried to make it clear to everyone that if no one loves them, that I do. I really do love people so much--every one of them, individually. There's something special about each of them and I see it inside of them whether they're my best friend or some random person on the street. I see it. And the former never sees my love beneath all of my stupid emotions that mean nothing, and the latter I'll never see again.

This is nonsense. What am I worth? Nothing. The only reason I love others so much is because they're all what I wish I could be: Something worthwhile.

Sorry guys for quoting that entire wall of text, But you sir, Are deemed my hero. Life isn't fair, life sucks dude, it's hard to do anything and everyone is tossed different apples and oranges (metaphor), But what I just read made me believe that your one of the smartest people I've ever met, you see things no one else does, and this isn't me trying to make you happy, even though I wish you were, this is me merely saying that you seem to be a very smart guy. Honestly never heard anyone say "they all say "you've got people that love you" but no one ever says "I love you"
Now for me trying to help :)
this is a sad thing to read however. Me and you have a fair bit in common, I am the dude who seems to help all my friends with their **** as I had been through it all before, Abusive dad, verbally abusive dad, my friend got ***** when she was 13 and I helped her cope, felt un loved by everyone, and a few others as well

I was turned around when I was in grade 5. there was a new kid and no one liked him because he was new, so Is at beside him, and made friends, that helped me out a lot, I knew that we were friends, so i knew someone liked me, thus I figured someone could love me as well. Thus here is my first question, Why do your friends not like you? Maybe you are too dull now? ( don't get offended please), Are they of the same religion? Do your Views differ?

I AM NOT TRYING TO SPARK A RELIGIOUS DEBATE

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
Proverbs, you're stronger than that. Gtfo. :p I'd get on AIM to talk to you, but you're not on, so. Whatever-- if you ever want to talk, get online. I know what it's like to feel like a failure to God more than you'd know. :p

My apartment is freezing. :(

My room mate doesn't understand that having 50 electronics in your bedroom makes it super hot, so he goes ahead and cranks up the A/C for the entire apartment.

KnnySm3

Smash Apprentice
Here's what you should do, punch your room mates.

Here's how you should go about it, shake their hands and make them feel absolutely comfortable so they don't tense up and then PUNCH THEM IN THE FACE.

I gurantee your apartment will be an acceptable temperature within an hour of that occurence.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
No way, I love my roomies, which is a lot more than most people can say. This is just one of those few things I just have to deal with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom