• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Some Tourney stuffz and MMs, upload process is being hella slow >_>

Deva

Smash Lord
but yeah, I got some stuff recorded at a recent tournament. The guy that recorded is taking forever to upload though..XD. Anyways, Here's one set I had with a Decent Snake Player. And for those of you who were wondering, this is why Norfair is Link's best stage. Golden Sun music makes Link **** and the lava hit your opponent lol. I'm really trying to get this set uploaded I had with **** Falco player, he's like, just short of SK92 lol, literally. Anyways, enjoy ^_^.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHMc3t1W8c0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXtetlbXXQY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzs2Aw4vKsA

lonewolfe

Smash Journeyman
Awesome, I look forward to watching the other vids once they're uploaded...

Too bad Norfair was banned at the last tourney I went to...that could've helped a ton.

Legan

Smash Lord
This is what ive been talking about, Deva you've completely got the right idea with the perfect mix of offensive and evasive maneuvering. That's definately a quality that seperates good links from great links. Ill be back around to check out the other vids. Nice job

Bouse

Smash Ace
Gotta love Snake players. They try so hard...

No wait...

No they don't.

Onomanic

Heaven Piercer
Gotta love Snake players. They try so hard...

No wait...

No they don't.
LOL

Anyway, that Snake player had the same problem that this one MK player I faced had: He didn't avoid the Dair. XD

Oh, and these vids are why I joined the Deva fan club on AiB.

D

Deleted member

good stuff deva

but wtf!!! you let snake live too long >_< the ftilt and upb kill snake at 120%!!!! lol

you know how its almost impossible to see mindgames through videos? well i saw your mindrape clear as day in those videos, i swear to god that snake was having a panic attack while playing you lol

-Mars-

Smash Hero
The Snake player didn't use his grenades at all. Either that's just the style he plays or your projectile game was messing him up that bad. Props to you for keeping the right spacing throughout the matches and keeping the pressure on the snake player with your rang and bombs.

Finns7

Smash Ace
It does not make sense to me that snake is a heavywieght. Anyway good matches, A Link player can **** if played correctly. You guys should watch the rest of those vids on cazcoms profile there pretty good matches.

Bouse

Smash Ace
good stuff deva

but wtf!!! you let snake live too long >_< the ftilt and upb kill snake at 120%!!!! lol

you know how its almost impossible to see mindgames through videos? well i saw your mindrape clear as day in those videos, i swear to god that snake was having a panic attack while playing you lol
It's probably something like this:

Snake: No this cannot be!
Snake: Otakon what does the scouter say about his power level?
Otakon: Don't make me say it Snake...
Snake: Just say it...
Otakon: It's not funny anymore... just stop it.
Snake: **** he just shot me in the face! Are you happy now?
Otakon: I've never been happy.
Snake: He's stabbing me, the #*@!er is stabbing me!
Otakon: Maybe you should just not get hit?
Snake: There's bombs, arrows, and boomerangs everywhere. Oh god!
Otakon: Have you though of talking to the guy?
Snake: I DID YOU @#$HOLE! I DID! ALL HE SAYS IS "HYAAAAA!", OR "EEYYYAAAAAH!"
Otakon: Well, I did my best.
Snake: Oh god there's lava here! What sick ******* would put lava here?!
*Meanwhile*
Link: That guy looks like he's schizophrenic Navi, all he does is talk to himself.
Navi: Stab him Link. Stab him in the eye.

D

Deleted member

*Meanwhile*
Link: That guy looks like he's schizophrenic Navi, all he does is talk to himself.
lmao, i enjoyed that too much

Onomanic

Heaven Piercer

*Meanwhile*
OMG

That was awesome.

"Stab him Link. Stab him in the eye."
XD

Izaw

Smash Ace

*Meanwhile*
ROFL, I died of laughter when I saw this xD, ur awesome

Also nice done Deva! Norfair rocks.

Crow!

Smash Lord
Norfair?

With Link?

I'd love to hear your reasoning on that one. You lost game 2, so that should have been your pick..

BTW, you missed at least one good chance to grab gimp Snake's recovery.

Deva

Smash Lord

*Meanwhile*

lmao, that was awesome. It's been a while since I've had a good laugh on the Link boards. All Aurashade does now is bash on noobs so a lot of the time it's not even funny anymore. I'm seriously considering siging this lol.

@Arkive, lol @ mindrape. I need to remember that one, good stuff.

@Crow, imo Norfair is Link's best stage hands down.

The Breakdown:

1. Significantly helps Link's recovery more than any other stage.
2. Low ceiling for easy dair, u-tilt, d-smash kills.
3. Perfect platform set up for amazing spaming maneuvers and near perfect stage control as far as Link standards go, as well as dair auto cancels from above.
4. Golden Sun music.....honestly, come on. That should be the only reason needed to play this stage.
5. Link is obviously gonna have a hard time in any matchup. Think of the lava as an equalizer. As long as both players are relatively skilled at avoiding it or comboing into it, they both have an equal chance of getting screwed over by it. I mean, you're at a disadvantage to begin with if you pick Link. By playing on a level that has the potential to kill or rack up damage on you, it has just as much of a chance to do it to your opponent, overall, significantly moving the matchup towards your favor.

And as far as the grab gimp, I think you're referring to the one on Norfair. I was considering it, but he was coming from underneath the section of the stage near the edge so even if I grabbed him he might have grabbed the edge on the release. Honestly though, I wasnt too worried about it. I mean, as soon as I picked Norfair I already knew I was gonna win, so I wasn't trying for any desperate kills that could have been match determining.

Remember.....I control the lava. ^_^

Deva

Smash Lord
Norfair is good against Peach too. It's good against everyone, lol. hmm, this was from a mm I did with a Peach player there, it was after the tournament and everyone wanted to MM me so I was tired and kinda half assing it in this set. I still win, but it's obvious I'm playing pretty bad. Regardless, here's Link Peach on Norfair:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvMsdE8ZnB4

oh yeah, point number 6 why Norfair is Link's best stage, purposely getting hit by the lava so you can rocket yourself at your opponent with a Dair lol @ 2:02. They never see it coming ^_^.

4Serial

Smash Lord
yeah deva, i saw that and was like OHHHH SHIITTTTT lmfao

Is norfair a good stage to counter pick against a character like.. Wario or MK?
I think it wouldn't be too bad against a character like MK since you can kill him with d-air at like 70%, but his game is aerial based and he can maneuver around the stage easily so the platforms give him no disadvantage.
But with Wario, he can also get low percent u-air kills and he's also not very affected by the platforms. In fact, they probably help him even more.

D

Deleted member

i would imagine that MK would get a crazy boost from this stage, all they have to do it drop from the ledge and shuttle loop into your face

wario has a mad aerial game i wouldnt cp him there or BF

D

Deleted member

So where would you take Wario and MK? =/
MK screws you everywhere so i say smashville or yoshi's story

Wario has a crazy good aerial game like i said so RC and stages with set platforms are obviously out of the question. I guess i'd take him to smashville or FD.

Deva

Smash Lord
Actually Norfair is Where I beat MK's the most. That and hannenbow. Even though he get's a crazy good aerial game with the platforms, you get just as good of a projectile game. With the way the platforms are set up, you can easily avoid an up-b from MK while controling his position with projectiles. On top of that, MK is really weary of even using his aerial game from below cuz 1 dair at 50% is a KO on him. Just stay above jumping between the top platforms with a bomb in hand and throwing it down or dropping it. Then mix in a Dair as he comes up and you're guaranteed to win. Dont do that the whole match but it's a great strategy. I'll try to get some Link MK vids up soon too. I honestly havent played any characters that had an advantage against Link on this stage. The platforms give you an advantage against the other spammers like Falco, and even against Pit since you can kill him at such low percents. Onlly matchup I can think of that isnt all that much in Link's favor but at least an even matchup is Marth. It's not even his aerial game, but his platform control. It's about even though, you can stay away and spam about as much as he can close in.

ArdeS

Smash Journeyman
Thanks for all of the info and advice Deva. I never really tried Norfair intentionally. I realize now that I've always had a pretty easy time winning on that stage but never used it strategically. hahaha...

Metro Knight

Smash Ace
Norfair is good against Peach too. It's good against everyone, lol. hmm, this was from a mm I did with a Peach player there, it was after the tournament and everyone wanted to MM me so I was tired and kinda half assing it in this set. I still win, but it's obvious I'm playing pretty bad. Regardless, here's Link Peach on Norfair:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvMsdE8ZnB4

oh yeah, point number 6 why Norfair is Link's best stage, purposely getting hit by the lava so you can rocket yourself at your opponent with a Dair lol @ 2:02. They never see it coming ^_^.

Fun, I like hitting myself with bombs to throw people off, but hurting myself makes people just laugh, it does throw them off though, noone really thinks I am using it to set up moves... Nice Vids though, Link is fun.

Deva

Smash Lord
np, I'll try to get some more vids up soon, the guy that recorded is just taking forever to upload the rest.

4Serial

Smash Lord
Deva, I think you should make a counter picking guide, just so we know. <_<
It wouldn't take too long either since you seem to explain everything so briefly lol

D

Deleted member

check the counter picking made easy guide in the brawl stage discussion forums lol...

4Serial

Smash Lord
no, against certain characters and match ups lol
it's already been established that Link is good on Norfair and RC and is bad on Frigate
I think characters like Wario and GaW might have the advantages on those stages

Deva

Smash Lord
Yeah, I'll try to make a thread in the future regarding that when I get a chance. Maybe what stages to ban against what characters and where to cp.

On another note, you were right Arkive, they do have gay cp's in your region. I need to find some new ones for Axis or convince the guy running the tournament to allow Norfair for Link's sake =P

ArdeS

Smash Journeyman
The few tournaments I've been to don't even have Norfair as a counterpick, unfortunately. Hopefully this changes in the future! :)

Top Bottom