• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Some Marth vids

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Only watched the first one and I must say I am impressed.

That was some masterful spacing and excellent pressure game through zoning.

All I can really say is work on punishing out of shield since you missed some chances to get in easy damage. Also work Marth's other smashes into your game. Also you kept doing the 3rd down b hit of Marth's Dancing Blade. Any reason for that? Did you do it because it pops them up a bit, and you wanted positioning advantage? Speaking of Dancining Blade you should use it a bit more. It's too good.

Also I like the usage of Nair to shut down Wario's use of aerials.

BacklashMarth

Smash Lord
Wow! Someone knows how to use marth. You forced Wario to wait and watch for an opening to get a hit in which didn't happen that often. (the Wariocide in the last video was pretty funny :laugh: ) Your recoveries were the best, not to mention your edgeguarding game. I only have two suggestions. 1) Use dancing blade (feel free to cancel it into another move) and shieldbreaker (rarely when opponent is playing defense). 2) Go for a spike since you got him off the stage easily and had your back turned to the ledge anyway making the spike much easier. All that said, I'd fight you online myself if you weren't all the way in MI.:) You are by far one of the best marths I've seen so far.

Btw, I like the sig and avatar. I could have read the japanese even w/o the english translation.

Mike35

Smash Cadet
Very nice. :)

You play much differently than I do, but I'm trying to learn all the different styles I can for unpredictability. I learned a lot watching that.

Just out of curiosity, do you use the C-stick or forward + A for Fair?

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Both. I'm more used to A, so I tend to use that normally, but it's just strictly better to use the C-stick for things like retreating fairs.

Warlock*G

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
0146-9477-0226
Keep in mind I'm primarily a Wario player / Marth "subber", so here goes:

First vid: Aaawww. Okiyama should have used the Waft to prevent suicide... :( Although I'll admit, nice use of aerials by Ankoku.

Second vid: Wow. that last kill from Marth was nasty.

Third vid: the hell did Oki have in mind not using the bike (however briefly not to get knocked off) during his 2nd life? Maybe I'm missing something, but hey, the repeated use of up B killed him! But oh boy, did he came back with a vengeance after that! It was almost like Wario-Man without the costume. :grin:

Fourth vid: Okiyama got slapped left and right for the most part. His suicidal tendencies near the end made me laugh. :lol:

To sum it up: Good anticipation of attacks by Ankoku, which is also reflected in appropriate use of the Counter.

Use of the half-waft would improve Okiyama's game a lot. That, and I saw him use up B in innapropriate situations. Plus, executing an aerial without retreating (i.e.: a fair without poking) is never a good idea.

*Best match in my opinion (i.e.: most suspenseful): the 3rd one.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Also you kept doing the 3rd down b hit of Marth's Dancing Blade. Any reason for that? Did you do it because it pops them up a bit, and you wanted positioning advantage? Speaking of Dancining Blade you should use it a bit more. It's too good.
I kept doing the 3rd hit down for the hell of it, I guess. I'm really bad at Dancing Blade in Brawl, probably because I really loved it back in Melee.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Oh yeah, and a quick bump. 'Cause I added a bunch of Shaeden's Marth vids because he's awesome and cool even though he won't admit it. >_>

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Shaeden has more raw skill, but you play far more intelligently.

I get the vibe that he is impatient when I watch his vids and it seems your spacing is better as well. but he utitlizes all of Marth's options better then you do.

I would say that you both have things that you can learn from one another which is a good thing.

BacklashMarth

Smash Lord
Shaeden is pretty good too. I think his style of marth is a little more agressive than yours though. I think i like your marth for the good spacing and better defensive strategy. He's not that much better than you, just a different flavor of marth.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Shaeden is definitely a more aggressive Marth, and he's put more thought into possible approaches than I have. I really think he's got better spacing and patience, though.

Mike35

Smash Cadet
Shaeden looks very quick and aggressive. Although some of his attacks seem to leave him vulnerable or are just very risky in general. He ends up killing himself all three times in that third match against Rob. :ohwell: He seems to put himself right in front of his opponent often, a bit closer than he needs to be considering the range of his sword IMO.

That said, he still looks very skilled and maybe I'm wrong about this, but I think he could be even better with a bit more caution.

The Marth

Smash Apprentice
Wow, Olimar got completely destroyed.
Olimar is easy to destroy lmao

Ur freakin good. I play kinda like you, only i dont use the upb out of shield often... and ur ten times better than me

and on the first vid 2:25-2:28 is PWNAGE

nice

doctortommy

Smash Cadet
your better than me by far, but I guess I can put my two cents in.

You seem like your a smart player, and you don't really do much that leaves you open to attacks.
I would try to mix it up a bit more though. I watched your third video and only saw a few of marth's moves

I could be wrong though, its late and I'm not thinking straight

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Sorry, the owner of the vids (Rofa) somehow felt offended that I would upload them myself, so he had me take them down so that he could upload them all. However, he hasn't gotten everything up yet. I fixed the links that he does have up so far.

Fatalized

Smash Apprentice
Nice. I think that you have Skill. I like the way you Owned Olimar..I was impressed. So good job man i give u props. :) I agree with Emblem Lord. The use of Dancing Blade is important.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Uh... the later vids aren't me, they're Shaeden. I only played the four friendlies against that Wario. ^_^;;

Lunytunes4.4

Smash Journeyman
Oh, i recognize the character in your avatar and sig now! Its that knife girl from Melty Blood, rite? I only know her since i got her as a character for M.U.G.E.N.

lawl M.U.G.E.N pwnzorz. :3

anyway, your marth is very good, the only thing i have to say is use the dancing blade more and be more offensive on your edgeguarding.

other then that, good marth ^_^

sakuraZaKi

The Ultimate Sore Loser ♡
I'm filling in for my mom at the inn we run~
NNID
taeZaKi
3DS FC
3754-7545-6675
Oh, i recognize the character in your avatar and sig now! Its that knife girl from Melty Blood, rite? I only know her since i got her as a character for M.U.G.E.N.
Call her Ciel, lol.

I have both M.U.G.E.N and Melty Blood Act Cadenza

On-topic: After watching those vids, I feel inferior, lol. Also, from my eyes it looks like my style of Marth is a weaker version of both yours and Shaeden's combined. I kind of mix my ridiculously close approach with gay spacing and intelligence, *although i don't see how my style would be beneficial in anyway*

@BacklashMarth: I see you too much when I post. <_<

Top Bottom