Sol Badguy Rides the Fire!

Imagine if they actually implemented IK moves for 1v1 matches when the opponent is on their last stock/below a certain amount of HP, I can imagine the salt already.

Last edited:

SvartWolf

Smash Lord
I think that besides the typical fighter archetype, (1v1 always facing the oponent, input commands, canceleable supers, etc) Sol probably could use Roman cancels, air dash and a tension bar as it's gimmicks. Unlike terry he can use supers anytiem as long as he has the tension, but he also can use the bar for some roman cancels of some of his moves... also he would gain tension by dashing... and having tension penalities while playing keep away for too long.

This is among the less important stuff, but I wonder how heavily they'd censor the female spirits they'd select if Sol gets in? I can imagine May, Millia and Jam not being a problem (probably I-no as well), but everyone else I imagine would suffer some degree of modifications to avoid problems with the CERO.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
This is among the less important stuff, but I wonder how heavily they'd censor the female spirits they'd select if Sol gets in? I can imagine May, Millia and Jam not being a problem (probably I-no as well), but everyone else I imagine would suffer some degree of modifications to avoid problems with the CERO.
In the case of Mai, it's likely because of her typical legwear not covering up panties alongside her exposed chest. I-No'd suffer from that too which is a shame as a spirit of her would guarantee Midnight Carnival

Also Dizzy'd likely be a problem unless they decide to have her uhhh civilian attire

Last edited:

SvartWolf

Smash Lord
se of her typical legwear not covering up panties alongside her exposed chest. I-No'd suffer from that too which is a shame as a spirit of her would guarantee Midnight Carnival

Also Dizzy'd likely be a problem
Dizzy certainly would be a problem, but is not like the character would suffer if her thong becomes a little... bigger. that being said, i think that the spirits will likely revolve around the original cast anyways whit maybe a couple of exceptions like Sin.

In the case of Mai, it's likely because of her typical legwear not covering up panties alongside her exposed chest. I-No'd suffer from that too which is a shame as a spirit of her would guarantee Midnight Carnival

Also Dizzy'd likely be a problem unless they decide to have her uhhh civilian attire
I'd throw Baiken in the mix as well given how much cleavage her clothes show. I suppose after that there's not many females that feel as important to represent that'd be complicated (debatably Jack-O given who she turns out to be? but they could easily zip up her bodysuit)

I've been playing some GG again and watching the Arcrevo gameplay today made me think more about how cool Sol in Smash could be. I'm new to the game and I've most played Ky so far, but Sol just has this awesome style and even if he's not the craziest character in GG, he would still be super dynamic in Smash and definitely feels like the obvious choice for an anime fighter character in Smash. Hopefully it actually happens.

SNEKeater

Smash Journeyman
Arcrevo is having place this weekend, you think they would reveal some new info for GG2020?

I don't think Sol would have IK if he gets into Smash. Dragon Install gimmick or adding Roman Cancels in his moveset in some way? Probably.
The only way for him to have his instant kill it would be as the Final Smash and that would be really cool.

Tyrant Rave could be implemented like Power Geyser and Buster Wolf with Terry.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
First of all, we have a new name, Guilty Gear Strive.

Second, Faust is back and they're playing up the creepy factor.

Third, the crowd is bull**** blazing
Obligatory swear warning despite how everyone here know about it

zabimaru1000

Smash Journeyman
Never have played a Guilty Gear in my life, but always love and appreciate the impressive visuals, music and art design the game has to offer

and its great to see the GG Strive hype with the audience singing Smell of the Game, i could just picture how hype Sol's trailer would be using that song with maybe the "BS" part of the lyric muted out.

Count me in as a supporter

Here's hoping the next daredevil show us our mysterious man from the reveal trailer, or at least a new character with whichever other veteran/s come with them. Was Faust being scary ever a defining factor for his character in the previous games?

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Here's hoping the next daredevil show us our mysterious man from the reveal trailer, or at least a new character with whichever other veteran/s come with them. Was Faust being scary ever a defining factor for his character in the previous games?
Faust was always more whacky, either they decided to mix him with Zappa or he's going to be like that due to his mental state getting worse over the years storywise

SNEKeater

Smash Journeyman
Wow, I didn't expect a trailer. Guilty Gear Strive, sounds cool!

Faust looks cool, when I first saw the trailer Faust remind me of Zappa for a moment. The game's coming late 2020. The bad news is we will have to wait until january for another trailer.

I'm starting to think that some classic characters may have to be seriously reworked to fit with the gameplay changes they made.