• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Talk About Anything (You Are Allowed to Talk About)!

Chaostatic

Smash Apprentice
You guys keep bouncing back and fourth between what exactly you're arguing about.

"Which game is easier to get good at," "which game is easier to take games off of top level players," and "which game has a higher ceiling" are the three totally different questions.

The answer of any one of these question doesn't necessarily correlate with the answer of any other one of these questions.

Sedda

Smash Champion
You guys keep bouncing back and fourth between what exactly you're arguing about.

"Which game is easier to get good at," "which game is easier to take games off of top level players," and "which game has a higher ceiling" are the three totally different questions.

The answer of any one of these question doesn't necessarily correlate with the answer of any other one of these questions.
this is what I've been saying all along, multiple times.

I've already replied to that and explained what I meant.

mixa

Banned via Warnings
yo yo
i was going through the melee area
and i hit my head on the ceiling
cuz that ceiling is low
xDDDDDDDDD

Herbert Von Karajan

Smash Lord
Jouske confirmed for my japan stay in Osaka.

We are eating puffer fish for dinner.

I have a real recording setup now AND internet so either I strim or record.

On my way home i will probably stop by isai's tent so I'll strim / record there too

Last edited:

mixa

Banned via Warnings
This either confirms mixa=/=sedda or that they are split personalities of the same person.

on another note, how long until ppl realize that pika dash grab won't get boom's falcon in time and will make u eat an upsmash

Last edited:

THE_MAAFIA

Smash Ace
I'm really pissed at myself, I haven't played smash in 2 Weeks (cause of school) and last Friday (last week) I got the smash 4 demo, enjoyed it happily, hated the air dodges but that's not the point, I play smash 64 today and WTF almost all my skill was gone, I know this happens sometimes when you don't play in like a month or something, but just 2 weeks ago I was doing EXTREMLY well, I'm just really disappointed, am I not suppose to enjoy the new smash game? Like is this just me?... ):

Morin0

Smash Lord
I'm really pissed at myself, I haven't played smash in 2 Weeks (cause of school) and last Friday (last week) I got the smash 4 demo, enjoyed it happily, hated the air dodges but that's not the point, I play smash 64 today and WTF almost all my skill was gone, I know this happens sometimes when you don't play in like a month or something, but just 2 weeks ago I was doing EXTREMLY well, I'm just really disappointed, am I not suppose to enjoy the new smash game? Like is this just me?... ):
IMO, Melee and 64 go hand in hand. Sorta. If I play a lot of Melee, I notice I'm a bit better in 64 with certain aspects. Bane said that he applies a lot of Melee stuff into his 64 game. If you go from 64 to Melee, a lot of 64 fundamentals help you out in Melee. With Brawl/Smash 4 though, I don't think it helps much. It's just too different from 64.

Last edited:

THE_MAAFIA

Smash Ace
IMO, Melee and 64 go hand in hand. Sorta. If I play a lot of Melee, I notice I'm a bit better in 64 with certain aspects. Bane said that he applies a lot of Melee stuff into his 64 game. If you go from 64 to Melee, a lot of 64 fundamentals help you out in Melee. With Brawl/Smash 4 though, I don't think it helps much. It's just too different from 64.
I've noticed that, like if I play project m or melee with my friends, I still can play 64 extremely, not that I'm very good in melee or Project M, but I still do well. But when I played smash 4 and then 64 I've noticed my Z cancels where not on point. When I played two weeks ago against people, in my mind I would think of a whole bunch of strategies, or 'what to do next' kind of thing, but after playing smash 4, my mind was CLOGGED like I was getting pummeled by my younger brother and my mind just would get clear... Uhg this feeling is terrible, I know I'll get my skill back, I just dislike how my brain twisted up every thing in my head

Last edited:

Sedda

Smash Champion
I think that 64/melee are probably more beneficial for each other if you were to play them at the same time, but when I try to play Brawl with someone who has any idea of what theyre doing, I get destroyed. I don't understand that game at all. I don't know how to do well in it. Smash 4 is probably like that as well, so you got too used to the gameplay there.

You should be fine in a couple of days

pikafire

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2509-2906-9493
Are there a lot of people here who've been playing smash since the n64 version came out? I was only 9 or 10 when it came out, now I feel oooold.

Sedda

Smash Champion
probably most people here. except for star king. he started playing the game competitively from the get go

mixa

Banned via Warnings
i had the n64 (my only vgm) and never knew about the existence of smash

you could say i'm a true emulator+kb purist

'cept kb is cheating (!!)

(i want to visit the console purist club, sounds fancy and gentlemanly)

Last edited:

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
I think that 64/melee are probably more beneficial for each other if you were to play them at the same time, but when I try to play Brawl with someone who has any idea of what theyre doing, I get destroyed. I don't understand that game at all. I don't know how to do well in it. Smash 4 is probably like that as well, so you got too used to the gameplay there.

You should be fine in a couple of days
64 made me better at brawl, except when I try to approach with nair as brawl kirby

Overtaken

Smash Journeyman
Soooo, is that demo likely to be available on the Nintendo shop like right at midnight est? I was on there just a little while ago and I didn't see any hype-ertisments or anything, like 'Just a few hours until that bitchin smash demo' or anything. Also, is the demo roster the starter or is it even less than that?

THE_MAAFIA

Smash Ace
Are there a lot of people here who've been playing smash since the n64 version came out? I was only 9 or 10 when it came out, now I feel oooold.
I was only 1 when it came out, but my older bro got it so I played it as a baby, feel even older?

@ Overtaken Overtaken
Demo starts you with 5 characters
1.Mario
2.Link
3.Pikachu
4.Mega Man
5.Villager
And one stage with items, Battle field, and the same stage with the final destination shape, no items

Overtaken

Smash Journeyman
I was only 1 when it came out, but my older bro got it so I played it as a baby, feel even older?

@ Overtaken Overtaken
Demo starts you with 5 characters
1.Mario
2.Link
3.Pikachu
4.Mega Man
5.Villager
And one stage with items, Battle field, and the same stage with the final destination shape, no items
Thanks, just 5 eh? #betterthannothing

I've not even played or seen the gamestop demos or anything, so this will be my first live experience with it at all. So stoked brah!

Sedda

Smash Champion
after shining fireballs a couple of times

(11:41:48PM) <turd> damn your annoying
(11:43:08PM) <turd> wtf wow
(11:43:09PM) <turd> bs
(11:43:11PM) <turd> **** you
(11:43:12PM) * Dropped: turd (Player 2)
(11:43:12PM) * Parts: turd

who the hell is this dude? lol

UNKN{OWN}iXi

Smash Journeyman
64 made me better at brawl, except when I try to approach with nair as brawl kirby
I like going from one game to the other.
after shining fireballs a couple of times

(11:41:48PM) <turd> damn your annoying
(11:43:08PM) <turd> wtf wow
(11:43:09PM) <turd> bs
(11:43:11PM) <turd> **** you
(11:43:12PM) * Dropped: turd (Player 2)
(11:43:12PM) * Parts: turd

who the hell is this dude? lol
He's been around for a long time, you best recognize! But really, he's probably high and he doesn't consider online interactions that meaningful unless you somehow end up in a convo with him. I've noticed he stopped caring years ago lol.

I wouldn't take it personally ;b

Last edited:

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
I like going from one game to the other.

He's been around for a long time, you best recognize! But really, he's probably high and he doesn't consider online interactions that meaningful unless you somehow end up in a convo with him. I've noticed he stopped caring years ago lol.

I wouldn't take it personally ;b
Same, just takes me a few games to really adjust

|Czar|

Smash Rookie

Also, a message from Kero:

"

sup you little dirty mongrels

took us a while to start

bad quality

bad game

not sorry

i'll **** your *****

and your mom

lol pce fggt fight me

pc

you suck at smash

bye

"

Herbert Von Karajan

Smash Lord
smash 4 talk is lame

japan is exciting

im going to try to have a 12 character drinking game with jouske. Gotta have it so that 12 characters = 8 beers, and the winner is the one that drinks.
A can of beer is 12 ounces, a shot glass is 1 ounce, 4 stock matches => each stock is worth 1/6th of a beer, so the rule is take 2 shots of beer per stock.

Asians have less of the enzyme that breaks down alcohol so I think that gives me an advantage. Once I lose like 4 characters I'll have a decent chance of making a comeback

mixa

Banned via Warnings
when jouske drinks take a picture i want to see if he gets red parallel lines across his cheeks

asians have that enzyme that makes that happen

Top Bottom