• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Talk About Anything (You Are Allowed to Talk About)!

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
cuz we all know you're insane z

well i just got home so

but i might not be feeling it anymore idk idk idk

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
wait lemme ask skype group

edit: caneut won with 4 stars. bull****. i placed 2nd with 3, metacopolys with 2, and sedda once again proved his suckage with last place. i think.

Last edited:

Sedda

Smash Champion
I call bs and bad rng. cobr got revenge on me because i ****ed him over last time. ggs

edit- pretty sure i was 3rd, just didnt get any bonuses

Last edited:

mixa

Banned via Warnings
can one live off writing bubble reviews for books?

i just saw one and got inspired

"coco est content.
— coco"

Shears

Smash Master
this is a pretty ****ed up mentality and i hope ur joking
Moved to social thread.

Look I'm not saying these people shouldn't be allowed to live. I'm not saying these people shouldn't be allowed to marry, or have sex, or do whatever they hell they want. I'm just saying, if we want to make the world a better place, reproducing inferior genetics is not the way to go. People like Justin Bieber should not be allowed to reproduce. They are poisonous. People that are scumbag prisoners that are not contributing to society should not be allowed to reproduce. These people can still get get married, they can still have sex, they can still find love, but their genetic material that has made them the people they are (which is an undesirable character) shouldn't be passed down to someone else to create another undesirable. I hate to bring this example in because its such a ****ty movie and I'm not a fan of a single actor in the movie, but have you seen Idiocracy starring Luke Wilson? The movie is stupid, but the premise is actually something of a real concern. They've certainly exaggerated it but shouldn't doctors, professors, engineers reproduction be more valuable than ex convicts and people that have no desire to further the world and live selfish consuming lives? Any counter example about how these people should be allowed to reproduce because you don't know how their children will turn out is bull****. The media blows those stories up and the ones where successful children fail instead of the 99.9% of children who grow up to live lives as successful, or unsuccessful, as their parents. Any success story, or failure story, is an outlier. For every 1 kid that grew up in a broken home and made it successful, there are 1000 kids that grew up in stable homes and made it successful. So we should permit broken homes to reproduce over stable homes because that 1 kid is more important than the 1000 kids? Behavior, intelligence, appearance, personality, affinity for certain interests, etc. are mostly controlled by genetics. Environmental changes are insignificant as they merely expose strengths or weaknesses, and never truly make someone a different person. Cutting out inferiority at its source, genetics/reproduction, then we can advance as a better society and human race. No need for genocide, selective breeding, arranged marriages, communism. Just make them be infertile, they can adopt whatever remaining children there are, and in a few generations we have a world that is purged of its weaknesses. Do you really want to live in a world where the samus mains and green hat pikas reproduce more than the blue hat pika mains and we have a world where everyone is an inferior samus or green hat pika than the superior blue hat pika? Why allow people to continue to make themselves worse, and make others worse?

I am mildly joking, I don't think in practice this would be very good as it would require a lot of unethical actions and if implemented would be counterproductive, however in theory I believe this would make the world a much better place.

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
PSA: hitler didn't "ruin" institutionalized eugenics for anyone, he just proved it's a ****ty idea to begin with

Double PSA: caring for and accommodating our infirm or "weak" is an outcome of human evolution, not a hindrance of it

Last edited:

Herbert Von Karajan

Smash Lord
Moved to social thread.

Look I'm not saying these people shouldn't be allowed to live. I'm not saying these people shouldn't be allowed to marry, or have sex, or do whatever they hell they want. I'm just saying, if we want to make the world a better place, reproducing inferior genetics is not the way to go.
**** you thats wrong

correct answer is more freedom

like the freedom to genetically engineer your offspring

way more effective than natural selection

I want a GMO kid

Last edited:

Shears

Smash Master
Hitler didn't do it right. His eugenics wasn't based off science and testing and people earning qualifications. He based it off superficial measures. He also killed those inferior people instead of making them infertile. He also started a world war. Your argument is specious. He didn't really perform eugenics, he performed genocide based off superficial parameters.

Theres a huge difference in saying "they are jewish, kill them" and "they have an incredibly low IQ, don't let them reproduce". If you don't see the difference than you fail to understand my point and are jumping to conclusions and using a counter argument that is irrelevant to the matter.

**** you thats wrong

correct answer is more freedom

like the freedom to genetically engineer your offspring

way more effective than natural selection

I want a GMO kid
I support genetic engineering. I just think controlling reproduction is a cheaper and simpler implementation than genetically engineering at conception.

Last edited:

Herbert Von Karajan

Smash Lord
I just think controlling reproduction is a cheaper and simpler implementation than genetically engineering at conception.
Are you going to use your own money to control the reproduction?

I'm going to use my own money to make GMO babies.

Now guess which option is actually cheaper. And since most services and technologies which aren't government subsidized have deflationary economics, it will most likely become more affordable for more people as time goes on.

If you implement a forced eugenics program through the state good luck forcing any more tax money from me

Last edited:

Shears

Smash Master
I see what you're saying. I first thought you meant forced genetic engineering for all babies, which I think would be more expensive than forced eugenics. However, in the case that its a voluntary and permissible thing, then it would certainly be cheaper.

10GMObabies

Shears

Smash Master
Double PSA: caring for and accommodating our infirm or "weak" is an outcome of human evolution, not a hindrance of it
I kind of disagree. I think caring for the weak is a side effect of social dependency that helped humans evolve. People weren't stronger or faster or bigger than most of the animals around them, but they were smarter and could work together. Those traits allowed them to climb to the top of the food chain, and in order to ensure they could work together, evolution brought along love and care and attention. Unfortunately it wasn't designed perfectly so that love and care and attention applied to everything, not just the best things. So as a side effect, caring for the weak was an outcome that has now perpetuated weaker and weaker humans.

The two best people can't survive on their own, they need each other. Evolution creates this "glitch" in humans that makes them foolishly fall in love and care for each other because the exploit of this "glitch" is that they will use their exclusive strengths to replace the weaknesses of the other and build a union that is stronger than either individual. This "glitch" applies to all humans, even the weak ones. And the "glitch" can't be controlled or fixed because its hard coded in genetics that the strong fall in love for the weak. The "glitch" that was intended to repair weaknesses is now hindering human evolution because it is keeping those weaknesses alive.

I look forward to the robot apocalypse, because then I can safely know that the imperfection of man will no longer be a burden to the universe.

Shears

Smash Master
I'm not killing anyone, but you lack spatial awareness and an understanding of fundamental geometry. Unfortunately I rule with unflinching command without grace or mercy. You are infertile*.

*you still reserve the right to love, marriage, and sex. you have merely forfeited your right to conceive. on the bright side, no child support payments for you.

Sedda

Smash Champion
gg bro

@ Shears Shears dude you cant possibly know that it was justin bieber's genetic material that made him the way he is. He became surrounded by a bunch of douchebags around the perfect age. He might have a high IQ for all we know.

I think you're thinking of this the wrong way, and don't understand how genetics work.

Example: my dad is an engineer, and my mother a lawyer. I'm a college dropout who can't find a job. Nice plan, huh? Maybe they shouldn't have procreated then.

You guys underestimate nurture a ****ton, or don't know how genetics work.

edit- what you describe was more or less already done in a massive scale in india when **** got real. You can't control the population like that. It's bound to backfire

Last edited:

Shears

Smash Master
If Justin Bieber is made infertile then it will show his behavior is terminal. You control nature and punish nurture. Again, there is more than just IQ tested here, there is a variety of characteristics that are measured. Aptitude tests, IQ tests, physical fitness tests, psychological tests, genetic tests for recessive genes and health disorders, etc. Your parents may have been qualified to reproduce, you may not be.

If 1000 delinquents reproduce and 1000 doctors reproduce, which group do you think is more likely to have a higher percent of responsible citizens that will get educations and careers that are widely considered valuable and significant?

If 1/100 kids from broken homes turns into a success and 1/100 kids from successful homes turns into a failure, which should be encouraged to reproduce? 99 delinquents for every success or 99 successes for every delinquent. The bad eggs are sterilized, they can live their lives but they can't reproduce. Every person goes through a licensing process where they are tested and approved to reproduce before doing so. All children must be licensed births. To make it simpler, we freeze eggs and sperm from each person and sterilize them immediately, then if the two people can qualify themselves as good parents with desirable DNA, the eggs are fertilized by the sperm in a lab, and the woman can choose to have it inserted into her and have a natural birth, or the baby can be developed in an incubation chamber. Come on guys, why is it so hard for everyone here to understand a new set of rules and see how it all works on their own? I did this with timers, I had to defend every itsy bitsy little point because people didn't have the foresight to figure anything out on their own. I'm sterilizing this entire community when I'm world emperor.

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
i support cutting down on reproduction because the planet cannot sustain this many people for much longer (if we dropped about 3-3.5b people it'd be much better).

even though i have awesome genes i do not want to ever have kids. the idea sickens me

and this is why i avoid family events

mixa

Banned via Warnings
meet me in an empty hotel room at apex for a full showcase ;)
at first i thought you were gonna mesmerize me with ur charm and rhetoric, but that works as well

if the Z can meet us in that empy room, and if there's a DK round robin, i'm confirmed for apex

Last edited:

mixa

Banned via Warnings
hey ghost kero
have you ever reached 8192 on 2048?

lie if you haven't. i need inspiration

psa new season of south park starts tomorrow
and new season of curb starts in novemember (jk)

Last edited:
Top Bottom